Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: NOR - Joel, Louie & Leroy's thread

Post by Piano man »

Louie turns to Dr. Sutcliffe.

"I'm going to get back to Jill and see if she is alright."

He adresses Joel next.

"Once your finished your examination come and find me. I'll probably be in the waiting room with Jill. She is expecting her husband. If you find Leroy have him meet me there too. We are all a little misplaced, so I feel comfort in your presence."

Without waiting for a reply Louie turns around and starts making his way to Jill.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: NOR - Joel, Louie & Leroy's thread

Post by Laraqua »

Dr. Sutcliffe shuts the door behind Louie. "So, did you have any unusual dreams?" she asks casually, drawing out her stethoscope. "Might as well get the basics underway now."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: NOR - Joel & Leroy's thread

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel instinctively steps back from the stethoscope. He smiles and said, "Uh... cold." He stepped up again and let her listen to his heart as he answered her question, "Dreams? Do people normally dream in a coma, doc?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I suppose not," says Dr. Sutcliffe. "Breathe in ... out ... in ... out."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by OathinBlood »

Carson enters the room, his hands on his janitor's cart in front of him. He glances at Joel, and Dr. Sutcliffe. Turning to the doctor, he says, "I heard that Leroy woke up. Is he around here?"
Last edited by OathinBlood on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I think he went for a walk," says Dr. Sutcliffe. Her eyes widen. "Oh goodness me, he might have had a fall. I'd better go get people to look for him." She brushes passed Carson and leaves the room.

OOC: I edited your post. Louie left a bit ago. You might have seen him in the foyer, talking to men in suits.

OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by OathinBlood »

"Fall?" Carson follows the doctor, leaving his cart behind in the room.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel waits for the people to leave his room, then closes the door. He knocks on the bathroom door and says "Leroy... coast's clear. If you want to leave, now's the time. But honestly, everything seems pretty on the straight and narrow." He finished dressing and pocketing whatever items he had in the locker... then looked over the janitor's cart that was left in the room for anything that might be useful.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The janitor's cart contains the usual assortment of bleaches, plastic gloves and other all-important accessories.

paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

Leroy emerges from the bathroom.

"Okay, maybe I'm being a bit paranoid. All the same, i'm going to stay out of the way until I've got an idea of whats going on. Do you still have Cynthias card?"
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Louie pocketted it. I didn't think anything about it because for a second there I thought he was going to head into the bathroom and chat with you... then he suddenly changed his mind for some reason." He shrugged and said, "Sorry... but I thought you'd want him to be warned too."

Joel snagged a couple of latex gloves out of the box on the janitor's cart. "I suppose we have to find him then. Shall we?"

Joel headed over to the door and cracked it open, looking left and right cautiously to see if anyone was outside laying in wait. He commented to Leroy, "The doc thinks you've fallen on your ass somewhere in the hallway, maybe that will keep them occupied... on the other hand, maybe they'll be looking for you more attentively."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ward 19, Second Floor, sits at the end of a corridor. To the left is a closed window. To the right is a corridor, empty but for a stack of lunch trays. Looks like who ever was on food duty got called off duty.

paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

[quote="ImpInTraining"]"Louie pocketted it. I didn't think anything about it because for a second there I thought he was going to head into the bathroom and chat with you... then he suddenly changed his mind for some reason." He shrugged and said, "Sorry... but I thought you'd want him to be warned too."

"No, no thats good, probably the word should get around, its just i'm dying to know what it said"

He spots Carsons cart.

"And Carson was here too!!" He feels a wave of euphoria at the thought of seeing Carson again.

Which is strange, he thinks, because bc ( before coma ) all you ever did was take advantage of him. or exploit him if we're being accurate. Well, you were a lousy person. He considers the notion that having visions of the apocalypse could be character building in some way. Mums a catholic, maybe you should ask her. He realizes his mind is wandering again.

"Strange that everyone from our dream is here. Too strange. I wonder if Carson remembers getting shot. Or Louis remembers shooting him? Freaky."

ooc: before we go, is there anything around leroy could use as a lockpick? he might need to get up to his old tricks again.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There may be various items in the cart that could work as make-shift lockpicks. They do give -10 to the lockpicking roll and a failure may break them on a failed Luck check. Still, better than nought.

paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

what would make a good lockpick without the -10%, a paperclip like last time?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stationary of all kinds would be a good bet. Just not what's in the cart ... at least not what's visible in the cart. Empty it out and you might find some handy piece of wire.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Let's take the cart with us," Joel says. "It's hard as hell to walk right now. This will give us something to lean upon on the way... take some of the weight at least, until we find a wheel chair or two." He looked down the hallway, "Oh, look... another cart, that one has food. Dibs!"

Joel starts making his way down corridore two, leaning up against the wall on his way, and leaving the cart behind for Leroy if he wants to push it. Once he gets up to the lunch cart, Joel starts looking for something to drink, and then checks to see what's on the menu for today by lifting the cover off the food.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's several coffees and teas and a few cups of juice to choose from. The meals are standard Mercy Cross fare - better than usual due to vigorous charity drives at the local churches. There's a schnitzel and gravy with chips, peas and corn. Over there is a three-tier ham and salad sandwhich. Another is a vegetarian dish. A fourth is marked HALAL. There's a little tub of icecream. Here a little tub of jelly.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel will start drinking on a tea, knowing the caffiene will help bring him back to life. Then, he starts nibbling on the schnitzle, unwrapping a spork to do it.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Yo Joel wait up, let me in on some of that nourishment."

Leroy catches up, pushing/leaning against the janitors cart and feeling for all the world like a frail old man. Still, it was a good idea, and might even render them inconspicous to a certain extent. He sips on some juice, not sure if his body can handle solids yet. If that goes down okay, he'll try some ice cream.

Return to “Chapter Two”