NOR - Jill & Charlie's thread

Moderator: Laraqua

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: NOR - Jill & Charlie's thread

Post by Piano man »

Louie shifts at the sight of the traffic. Something bigger than us is controlling events. Earlier, in the other dimension...world...whatever I was in. I tried to go back to the hospital and something wouldn't let me. Now when we are about to drive away from the hospital there's suddenly traffic. Of course I could be crazy and this could just be traffic. Louie laughs at the thought. Somehow the thought of him being crazy is easier to accept than what he believes is real.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

OCC: is this a normal hour for traffic jams in the city?

IC: Charlie looks out for possibilities of bypassing the traffic jam, such as a bus or taxi lane, or an ambulance coming out of the hospital the same way they are driving.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

There seems to be no easy way of bypassing it. The traffic jam is unusual ... but not deeply so for London. Any low-level car accident could have caused it. Though no one can see any accident within view, that doesn't mean there isn't one.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Jill remains silent, doing no more than glancing at Charlie to see how he's reacting to the traffic, and what Louie's saying.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks out the window at the hospital. I guess that means we need to go in there. Maybe we just need to do something before it'll let us leave. Whatever happens don't let anyone separate us. The only strength we have left is our numbers. He looks at his shotgun, and wraps it up in his cloak. He plans to take it with him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The traffic jam is allowing some minor movement. Other cars seem to be passing through okay.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Charlie pushes on.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

An old man, a pregnant woman and a woman with blonde hair coming partially loose from its bun, the strands going everywhere in a wild frizz, approach the car through the throng. Each are covered in patches of ash. The last woman's clothes are also wet with blood. She, herself, is small and frail-seeming, her face covered in lacerations, her eyes tightly shut. They seem to be heading straight for your car.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie keeps his shotgun low, and out of sight, but makes sure it's ready. Look at them. I doubt they want a hug. If you have a gun Charlie it's time to get it ready.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Charlie ignores Louie's comment, but keeps a close eye on the approaching trio.

OCC: can the car still turn & pull up to the hospital?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The car could mount the kerb and wait for them. Otherwise, no, you're trapped in a slow movement forward. None of the three appear to be armed and they are all hanging off each other in their struggle to reach the car. The man slowly waving an impromtu flag of cloth. He shouts "Survivors! Help!"

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Oh, they need help! She's pregnant, we have to see what we can do. And what happened to them anyway? There isn't supposed to be anything bad happening at the hospital in this reality."
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie lowers his shot gun. They may have phased into this reality for the ash. That's what happened to me.Louie unrolls his window. Are you alright?
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"They're not from here. And I doubt other people can see them, for whatever reason." Charlie says coldly "I bet they'll eventually disappear, like the one that was in the trunk."

"Or we get pulled into their world, or whatever. And then we're truly fucked..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man steps forward in his uniform to get noticed. He brings the ladies forward.
"Hello! My name is Bernard Cromwell, US Army, Retired. I have with me two women from the hospital in need of aid. I have Melissa, a pregnant, deaf Frenchwoman and a young lady who seems to be in shock."

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill turns to Charlie. "Please, they need help. They must be real, not like that thing in the trunk. Please, can we help?"
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"You can try." Charlie says with more than a bit of skepticism in his voice "I'm going to blow his head clean off if he tries anything though..."

"I don't see what we could possibily do to help considering how close the hospital is."
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie turns nervously and looks at the seat trying to see through it. What thing in the trunk. How come you never told me there was something in the trunk. Is is secure, or should I be worried. He turns, looks outside at the people, and points at the hospital. The hospital is over there. They can help you. He rolls his window up so there is just a crack separating him from the outside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Bernard almost jumps out of his skin. "We just came from there. There's nobody left alive. We were lucky to get out. We scavenged what we could, but we got out as soon as possible. We could really use a ride."

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"They must have come from the other reality. It can't be that everyone's dead in the hospital here ... but maybe we should skip the hospital and go find this book of Louie's." Jill hops out of the car and gestures the people over. "Here, you sit up here," she says to the pregnant woman, indicating the passenger's seat. "The rest of us will have to squish."

Return to “Chapter Two”