NOR - Jill & Charlie's thread

Moderator: Laraqua

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: NOR - Jill & Charlie's thread

Post by imme »

Jill gasps. She seems to shrink back into herself even more. In what sounds almost like a moan, she says "No."
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

Charlie sighs audibly, as if loosing patience with a small child.

"What exactly do you think you're doing? Are you going to shoot me for whatever misguided reason you think justified? Are you going to risk crashing this car and the people in it by blowing a fist sized hole in my torso?" he asks "I think not. Hell, I don't think you've got the balls to do it, but most of all I hope you've got the brainpower to realise that's not going to help in any way."

"And regardless of what you think you know, I love my wife above all else. She is my world, my everything..." he says, as he gently lays his right hand on top of hers and gives her a reassuring pinch "And now that I finally have her back, I'm not about to let an airhead endanger us being together."

"I'd suggest you quickly aim that thing elsewhere, before accidents happen..." he adds, looking back into the review mirror, straight into Louie's face.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Louie smiles mockingly. Wow that sounds very reasonable. You know my father was a reasonable guy when his temper wasn't flaring. He always made it seem like he loved us and only wanted to be with us. Louie laughs at the thought. I fell for that more than once. You don't know how badly I wanted that to be true. Louie gestures with his gun to Charlie. The whole time his finger is on the trigger. You know people like you never think they are wrong, so why should you be any different. As for not having the balls to pull the trigger...you might be surprised. You don't even know what love is do you?

ooc I just thought I'd stir things up a little while posting is slow :twisted: . I'm sure you'll kick Louie's ass later. :lol:
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill smiles when Charlie speaks tenderly to her.

"Louie, please calm down. There's nothing wrong, and you're only making it uncomfortable in here."
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie lets out a grunt of frustration. You sound just like my mother. Most of the time they are nice, but every once in a while the temper flares and BAM, bruises mysteriously appear. Each time she made it her fault, probably like you do, but it's not. The good times don't out weigh the bad. No one has the right to hit you..no one. Louie takes a cleansing breath and looks at his hands. They are shaking and his knuckles are white from gripping his gun so tightly. He forces himself to relax his hands and lowers the gun. Tears fill his eyes, and he turns his head to look out the window. Finally he regains his composure and looks back at Jill. It's not right, and not matter what you say I won't change my mind. But it's your life and I won't do something you don't want me to. Under his breath Louie mutters, not loud enough to be heard. I love you more than he does.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Whatever problems you had in your family, I feel for you. However, there is no need to project your own troubles on others. That could be a mistake that ends badly." Charlie says firmly "Just look at what you just did... Think about it..."
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Louie," Jill takes a deep breath. "It's fine. I'm fine. Okay?" She smiles at Charlie and then at Louie. "This crazy stuff that's been happening is, well, more than really stressful, and so tensions are high, but we're all okay. Okay?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie seemed soothed by Jill's words, but as soon as Charlie speaks again his temper flares anew. He lifts the gun to the back of the seat and pushes it in so he can feel it. No you think about this. If you so much as harm one hair on her head ever again I'll personally blow a new hole through you....capeesh. Louie tries on the gangster word hoping it would add effect to his menace, but his voice cracks as he says it taking away any effect it would have had. He removes the gun from the seat after delivering his threat, and changes the subject. This is the longest car ride I've ever been on. Are we ever going to get there?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

They reach the library through the traffic-clogged streets of a London lunch time, checking directions in the street directory as they go in order to bring themselves back onto the right track. The sky is fairly clear, with only a few fluffy clouds breaking up its pristine quality. The car pauses one street away at the lights and the occupants of the car watch as a dozen children dressed in uniforms cross the road. Then they move off and drive along that road.
The library hulks midway down one road, encompassing much of the street, its entrance shrouded in deep shadow. Birds flutter about the nearby trees, singing prettily despite the local devastation. The library itself appears to be over a hundred years old and is showing its age.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie gets out of the car and keeps Charlie in sight. He's said what he needed to say, and now it's time to get down to work.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill gets out of the car and helps the pregnant woman out.

"So, Louie, where's this book?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Hiding his shotgun in his clothes he nods to the doors of the library. It's in there. Let's get going.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Lead the way..." Charlie says as he suspiciously eyes his surroundings.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Move to Chapter 3.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Chapter Two”