NOR - Jill & Charlie's thread

Moderator: Laraqua

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: NOR - Jill & Charlie's thread

Post by imme »

Jill sees his motion. "Not bad! He was the other person who woke up from the coma with me. He was the one on the phone before we left home." She jumps out of the car and runs around to Louie. "Are you okay? How did you get here?" She anxiously surveys him for injuries. "I thought you were back in the other reality."
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Louie shakes his head to clear his visions. Yah I'm fine. Suddenly he realizes who's in front of him and he gasps in relief as he bounds to his feet. Looking around he realizes where he is, or at least where he isn't. He hugs her quickly feeling the joy of finding someone he can trust. Just as quickly he lets her go, and drags the scooter out of the way. I'll tell you everything I know, but let's get out of here first.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill looks surprised by the embrace. "Um, okay. Climb in?" She gets back into the car.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie gets in the back seat and slumps down. Hello again Charlie. Well guys I don't know where to start. You'll probably think I'm crazy like everyone else in this reality. Louie laughs, and it sounds a little unstable. Still it's nice seeing people again. Louie's resolve cracks little by little as he speaks, and by the time he finishes he's sobbing into his hands. Come on Louie get a hold of yourself.
Last edited by Piano man on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

OCC: Jason is dead (several times over, from what i read in OC), at the wheel is Charlie, Jill's husband.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

ooc Sorry about that I edited it.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Um, Louie? I'm crazy, too, so it's okay, I guess." She looks uncomfortable. "How did you get between the two realities?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

The first time was easy Louie looks around nervously. I was walking down the hall of the hospital, and I just fell asleep. When I woke up I was wearing my black robe, and had my shotgun back. He feels for his gun shocked that he's still got his robe and gun. Last time he woke up in someone else's clothes. This time he even brought a scooter with him. The strange things was there was nobody left. So I got myself a scooter. I was going to go to the library and see if I could find something to help. Needless to say I got side tracked calling you. Louie does his best to squirm out of the robe. He's still got his janitor clothes on underneath, and they're making him feel like he sticks out. Grunting through his effort he carries on. I got chased away from the gas station and made a run for it on my scooter. Then I got lost and the next thing I knew I was kissing your windshield.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Consider yourself lucky you walked away unharmed..." Charlie notes.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill glances at Charlie, and then turns back to Louie. "Have you figured anything out? What's going on?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks at Charlie cautiously before answering. Sure I know what happened, but that's not important. The important thing is stopping it, but I don't know how to stop it anymore. I could have stopped it, but I just couldn't do it. Louie trails off as he speaks, and eventually gets really quiet staring out the window.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

They are approaching the hospital. It looms large in the rainy night before them...
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie notices for the first time where they were headed. I don't know if we should go in there. I collapsed in the hallway and people just walked around me like I wasn't there. When I woke up I was back in the ash. I don't know for sure, but I suspect whatever is happening is worse in there. I was headed to the library when I phased back into this reality. Supposedly there is a book there that may help. Louie looks at the others in the car. He's still thankful to be around other people and will go along with what they do. Just a thought, take it or leave it.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Louie, I think you need to tell us what happened, so we can help figure out how to fix it. Or, well, we definitely can't think of ways to help. And how could a book help?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie sighs deeply. This explanation never has Louie coming off looking very good. There is an ancient evil that resides in a lake under the hospital. I belonged to a cult, who's job it was to guard this evil. It was my job to sacrifice a young girl named Brianna to the lake so that it would recede and go back to the way things were. Louie pauses long enough to gain control of himself before continuing on. The ash world came faster and harder than anyone expected. I had nothing to do with that part. I was just as surprised as everyone else, but I'm sidetracking. Anyways Brianna and I became friends, which is part of the ritual. But when the time came, I couldn't do it. I've let everyone down cause I couldn't kill a child. There's nothing to say that it would have worked after the fact, but I should have tried. Louie turns and looks out the window again. A tear streams down his cheek. Who am I kidding. I still couldn't do it, but there may be another way. There is supposed to be a book at the library that has some information in it. If I could find it we might be able to reverse everything.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"You took the moral choice then, no sense beating yourself up about it." Charlie notes "Though it's impossible to say which of the two was the lesser evil in hindsight, but on a personal level, you did the right thing."

"We'll drive to the library, but if it turns out you're toying with us, I'll make you sorry you didn't redecorate my car's hood with brainmatter when we first ran into eachother."
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

A look of shock registers on Louie's face as Charlie threatens him. Uhm....ok.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

A minute or two of silence passes, and then Jill says, "So, Louie, what's in this book you're looking for?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

It's called the Tome of Ibn'Kha, and it's hidden within Benford's Private Library. It should hold some answers for us.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As they start passing the hospital, the traffic hard slows to a crawl as a traffic jam starts building up.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Chapter Two”