Ash - Cael

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Ash - Cael

Post by Laraqua »

Cael hears footsteps approaching the closed door.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

He moves into the room ducking behind cover and waits.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A line of submachinegun fire shatters the glass entirely. It doesn't seem designed to injure him, as he crouches behind the hospital gurney and surgical tray.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael covers his eyes and holds his position, now watching the windows as well as the door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Something cylindrical is tossed into the room, rolling across the floor after hitting the linoleum with a metallic Thunk!

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Shit!" Cael thinks to himself as he scrambles towards the noise hoping to find the, what sounds like a grenade before it blows. "They'd blow this whole floor if they're using live grenades." he thought.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The grenade goes off in his face, a noise so loud it brought silence, a burst of light so bright it brought darkness. His face pounded with a headache that made him weak at the knees. Something, somewhere, approved of his efforts. He felt it in his bones.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cael!" shouts Sarah's voice from somewhere. "Blackworth is coming!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael rolled over onto his back, this was all wrong and he knew it. Come what may, whoever came through those windows or door was getting shot... or so he hoped.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

His head pounds as he sits back, firing off pot shots in the direction of the door and windows. Time creeps slowly, achingly passed, yet the blindness doesn't seem to cease. There is a smear of dull light somewhere, a rectangle of very vague light where he'd presume the windows might be.

How long has he been sitting there? The bullets are running dry. He has few enough left. Four? Five? His head hurts so much it forgets moments after he counts them. His mouth and throat are dry. He's so very thirsty. It almost feels as though ten minutes have passed and yet it shouldn't have been. Time has a very odd feel to it, slippery, flexible.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael knew something was not right, he kept hearing Sarah when he knew she was not there and this whole situation seemed to odd. Cael figured it had to be a dream or some strange trance, it was time to take drastic measures especially since he was blind and deaf and to him that was dead already with the enemy out there.

Taking another shot towards the light blur, Cael then spins the rifle around, puts the muzzle of the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Agony. Nothing but agony.

OOC: Sarah was talking over the intercom.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael fell back, and just laid there. It was too much to attempt it a second time.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

'Okay... so this shit is real and I have a bullet wound somewhere in my head. I'm blind, deaf and now wounded and the woman I swore to protect is on the intercom begging for my help. Hostiles are outside the room and you're out of ammo. All right you've been in tighter spots than... actually you haven't. The Russians fucked you up but this is different. Technically you haven't been captured and no one has come in, though they could all he ready to blow your head off and you'd never know. All right soldier! Get to your feet!' Cael thought to himself as he struggled to rise. "This is seriously going to suck some major ass." he stated aloud while trying to clear his vision, at least he could make out a light blur.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door is unlocked. The window glass broken. Through the blur, he can make out a discarded gun by the window, in the corridor, a flashlight still equipped, providing the glow. There are holes chewed up in the wall on the other side of the corridor. Its too blurry to be certain without touching them, but they look like bullet holes. Is that dark smear on the floor blood?

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Painfully Cael moves to the weapon and picks it up and feels how many rounds are still lift in the magazine. He then stumbles over to the foor and opens it. Noting the dark smear he knew that he shot the shit out of Morrison and that the others had opened fire. It was time to go check on Sarah.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The rifle is empty of bullets and the barrel has been splintered, as though some great force had struck it. Now that he is in the corridor, he sees the walls awash in smears of blood and lumps of gristle. Chunks of flesh squirt blood underfoot as he moves down the passageway. A light flickers around the corner - white fluorescent light.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Weaponless and wounded, Cael curls his lip in disgust of what's before him, when the fuck did this suddenly do Resident Evil on his ass? As quickly as he could move he headed to Sarah, knowing he wouldn't find her where he left her but he didn't know where else to start.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The journey to her room seems to stretch on til forever. Partway along, the darkness flickers to red life as the emergency lighting comes on. He hears nothing but a ringing in his ears but at least now he can better see. The elevator doors spread wide as though to embrace him at his approach and takes him gently to the first floor.

One of the doors he passes on the first floor is slightly ajar, its door marked Armoury. The iron tang of blood and the stink of fecal matter burn his nose as he nears it.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael moves to the side and hugs the wall, he pulls his shirt up over his nose to help cover the smell and peers in.

Return to “Chapter Two”