Re: ASH - Cael

Post by Andrew »

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

The first bullet cuts a line straight through the middle torso, forcing the dead man's back to explode outward as the mass of force coming from the bullet punches a hole the size of a melon out the man's back. The second bullet is higher, a tidier hole that loses more momentum as it cracks through the rib and exits with a smaller, yet still sizable, hole. The third bullet catches him a beautiful blow right through the nose, obliterating it, as the recoil of the gun forces the muzzle slightly higher with each shot. The man was quite obviously a doctor judging by his once white lab coat and glasses and he is equally obviously a walking corpse, judging by the coagulated blood that sprays everywhere. His eyes appear to have been burned from their sockets and he may well have chewed off his own lips.

There are more footsteps out in the hall.

OOC: 13, 8, 13.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

OOC: 13, 8, 13?

Smiling at the gory mess, Cael moves to the doorway and does a quick peek around the corner to see how many more are coming, then he moves out into the hall and strats aiming for heads.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: You posted twice the attack rolls and didn't put the damage rolls up there so I rolled them myself. 2d6+3! Each bullet packs one hell of a punch.

There are six in the hall. Three thirty feet back and walking side-by-side, then three slightly more stretched out and closer to him - fifteen feet, ten feet, five feet. A creature in the background, similar to that trapped within the wheelchair, but this time folded around a wheeled office chair and wearing a twisted white lab coat, carries a bizarrely misformed scepter in one hand. As he is all the way back, he is hard to hit (a fifth of your normal chance to hit him if you aim at him, but if your roll is somewhere higher than that chance but lower than your normal chance to hit, you'll hit the other zombies anyway - he basically has flesh cover).

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: That's strange that I rolled two sets of attack rolls. I had the dice set for 2d6+3, I remember because I had to look up the +3 part. Anyway...

Cael puts his rifle up and peers down the sights at the creature in the office chair. He was never one to play things safe, hence his career of choice and decided that as long as no one told him the odds he had a good chance of hitting it. After all he was a marksmen, had to be to be SAS and in CO19. With that he let three more rounds fly.

OOC: 1d100=89, 1d100=26, 1d100=39
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The first bullet thuds into the wall. The last two bullets tear through the first two zombies, one tearing the flesh from the throat and knocking it to the floor where it twitches and claws at its own neck, the other burrowing in the torso of the one behind, knocking it down onto all fours. Clotted blood is flung across the floor and walls.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: 1d100=62, 1d100=80, 1d100=1 2d6+3=9, 2d6+3=12, 2d6+3=13

Cael smiled as he saw the damage his rounds did but knew it was not enough against the creatures coming for him and let off another three round burst.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The first two bullets thudded into concrete but the third bullet zipped along and hit the rear-most man straight through the center of his forehead. He collapsed like a sack of shit, going limp in his office chair. The other three creatures drop as though they were puppets whose wires had just been cut.

OOC: Its an impale, so double damage. I'll combine the last two rolls to speed things up.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Works for me. :)

Seeing the other three drop as well, Cael was about to shrug it off but decided to inspect the Puppet Master's body for anything that might be useful. He wasn't sure if he controlled the others through mind power or maybe some kind of device.

After he inspected the body he said into the radio, "Sorry for the delay, got sort of tied up for a moment. How's everything up on the roof? Still good? I haven't heard from you guys in awhile."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The creature has some sort of curved spike clutched between his gaunt fingers.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael grabs the spike and heads to the roof figuring he wasted enough time already.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Cael, we're okay, but we almost weren't. Didn't you hear what I said earlier? That thing under the chopper came back, and when it heard your voice over the radio it attacked Daddy. He called it the Hound and said it had been hunting him for years. If we hadn't had the powder..."

"Sarah saved me," adds Lionel, leaning over the radio. "She saved all of us. You should have seen her, she was magnificent. I thought I was going to die for sure."

"It takes more than that to kill us Carpenters, right Daddy?"

"That's right, sweetheart." Lionel beams at Sarah. "Thank you so much. I love you, my wonderful, beautiful daughter."

"I love you too, Daddy. Will it come back?"

"I don't think so. They're bloody near impossible to shake, but once you drive one off they usually give up."

"Even so, let's not stick around any longer than we have to. We're on our way back to the chopper now. Hurry back, Cael, but be careful."

As usual, by the time the two finished speaking, enough time had passed for Cael to reach the landing.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael stopped feeling his stomach wanting to wretch, sure he loved Sarah but all the mushiness and touchy feely crap was making him ill, for a split second he thought about setting the rifle to full auto and just shooting himself to avoid it all. However upon reaching the landing he shook out those thoughts and said as he opened the door. "Well I'm here, I can see the chopper. I killed me a few zombie like things and what seemed to be their controller. Some guy in a wheelchair had this curved spike thing, after I shot him I grabbed it as well." Cael stated as he jogged to the helicopter.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Rejoin the other thread.

Return to “Chapter Two”