ASH: Cael & Dahlia Thread

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: ASH: Cael & Dahlia Thread

Post by Laraqua »

The tentacles snaked their way toward the sound of gunfire and then toward the sound of bullets hitting the steel skids, clearing the way as every part of them seems to coalesce around the steel skids.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Once he got to the chopper, Cael open the door, jumped inside and closed the door again. "It's sound their attracted to." He stated to Dahlia as he headed for the small armory on board. He'd finally be able to get some real gear together.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh thank fuck, how'd the fuck'd you get them off the chopper?" asked Stephen from the cockpit. "I been sitting here for half an hour, still as anything!"

A very pale Stephen and Aidan sit at the controls.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Sound. I noticed that when Dahlia opened the door it went towards the door. When I was moving towards the chopper, even though I was as quiet as a field mouse, it probably picked up the vibration though of my feet on the concrete. So I took the chance, I fired three shots at the landing skid figuring the shots would ring nice and loud and provide me with the opportunity to get inside." Cael stated while grabbing a sidearm and extra ammo for both weapons.

"There's still people just on the other side of the door. I'm going to open the door very soon, shoot a few more shots at the landing skid and run and get them. Close the door behind me. Then to get them in here I'll do it the same way I got in this time." He looked over the controls to the chopper and looked to Stephen, "I know this bird is a lot bigger than anything you ever flew before and it fights you the entire time. When I get everyone on board I'm going out again to get some damn books. If I'm not back in ten minutes or things get really hairy up here... take off. Leave me behind. I'm a survivor, I'll find another way out of this and if I don't well then... I don't think I have to go into the details. Just promise me that you will take off no matter who says what. As pilot of this ship you are in command, no one else."

Cael then grabs a set of BDUs and asks Dahlia to face the wall while he strips out of his flight suit and into combat fatigues. He smiles as he adjusts everything, it'd been a while since he wore fatigues like these, even the sniper divison of CO19 didn't have the good quality stuff like this.

With that said and supplies retrieved Cael moves over to the door. "Alright Dahlia, stay here. I'm bringing everyone to you. When you see us running towards the ship, open the door but only when we're actually running, you'll hear my gun shoot." He shouldered his rifle and drew the pistol, "I'm going to open the door and shoot three times, then I'm jumping out. Close the door behind me." With that Cael opened the door, shot three times at the landing skid and jumped out.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

"Why can't we find a different place to park! We could move the chopper to the roof.....get the thing away from it! Cael....if Brianna and Ronald and Lionel try to get in here, someone will die! Lionel doesn't move fast at all...and he's big! So's Ronald! The only reason we got in here is because I'm small and distracted it. Plus there's Blackworth.....he's completely out of it! I just don't think the books are that important!"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"There is no other place for this thing to land. This is it and we'll just have to make due. Worse come to worse I'll throw the old man on my back. We're just going to have to work with what we have." Cael stated.

OOC: Remember, Cael didn't see that thing under the chopper. He's guessing its just a phantasmal thing.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"The chopper's noisy, noisier than any bullets you fire, soon as the chopper's engines get going, it'll be back on us and that door doesn't keep it out," says Stephen. "Oh, shit, it's coming back. Must hear our voices..."

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Aggravated by the damn situation, Cael opens the door and shoots a few rounds at the skid again and jumps out. The tentacles were coming from underneath, so with that Cael squatted and looked under the chopper.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Oh my god!" Dahlia whispers to herself, crouching into the corner of the chopper, and whimpers quietly.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Something squirms, thick and black, three feet in diameter, ichorous and dripping wisps of smoke that flutter out to join the rest of the collective that rustles about over the point that had been shot. It flickers and moves and a glimpse of something, like a large yellow eye, roams beneath slitted foot-wide lids.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael looks at Dahlia, "Shut the door and move to the front where Stephen is, I got this." Once the door shuts Cael pulls out a nice round metal ball he found on the soldier with the gun grafted to his arm. It was a good thing that this was a gunship or else there was no way in the hells this would work. Cael let out a loud whistle, "Hey shithead! You like loud? Eat this!" With that he pulled the pin to the hand grenade and tossed it under the gunship... thank the gods for the armor!

He then ran towards the door where Sarah and the rest of the group where at in a mad dash to get away from the explosion. The blast couldn't go up but it would go out and if he didn't put enough distance between him and the blast he'd he a goner but at least he'd have saved everyone's life and Stephen could fly them to safety... if that existed any more.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: I'm waiting for Dahlia's response.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Nooooooo Cael!!!" Dahlia screams as he runs out into the black.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!" She tries to slam the door shut in case the thing starts searching with it's tentacles again.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The explosion of fire rushes up from beneath the helicopter, the force rattling steel, the low howl of the thing beneath the helicopter. Cael manages to get out of the way with time to spare.

Con x 2 check for Dahlia to retain her hearing.

The helicopter now sags to one side as one of the wheels have popped.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael smiled, if nothing else that was really cool, it'd been awhile since he got to toss a grenade. With that he ran to the door Sarah and the others were at, knocked and shouted, "Clear!"
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Con (9) x 2= 18, rolled a 14 on 20 side is that the roll you wanted me to make...not sure if i'm supposed to be rolling 2 x d20
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No, you have to roll on a d100, less than your Con score x 2.

Return to “Chapter Two”