ASH - Cael

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

ASH - Cael

Post by Laraqua »

He hears the squeak of the wheelchair wheels higher up the staircase. It seemed she had gone in the wrong direction while searching for him. On hearing his voice, he can hear it twisting about on a landing.

OOC: It's four flights up. Will you attempt to charge all four flights to meet it (sure, it'll probably come down half the way). Or will you wait for it to come down to you.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: ASH - Cael

Post by Andrew »

OOC: He'll charge it, try to put as much distance between it and Sarah as possible.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He spots the creature as it tumbles to the B1 landing in a sprawl of limbs. Its hips twitch, forcing the wheelchair onto its side, and the arms reach out, scraping cement with its claws as it scrabbles to gets its body in a position to pounce on him. Its unhinged jaw cracks open, unleashing a primal yowl. He has barely a few moments to act.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael pulls out a cigarette and inhales deeply as he draws his knife. "Let's dance" He says calmly as he walks towards the creature.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he moves halfway up the flight of stairs, the creatures throws itself at him, both arms out-stretched, skin pulled back to reveal those gore-stained nails. He remembers, idly, that there was meant to be a grille up here. How did it get through the grille? Did it tear it apart?

OOC: If you're going full defensive, you get a dodge and a parry against the two attacks Cael knows are coming. If you try to parry the first hit, then fail, you can still attempt to dodge both hits but you won't get to attack. If not, you get an attack and if the attack doesn't kill it - a parry. Your choice.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: No surprise here. Missed the attack. Cael Handgun 53% (1d100=87) and made the parry Parry 53% (1d100=1)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: It's at point blank range so you're only likely to miss on a malfunction. You also get your full attack of two more shots. So, roll up your two more attacks and damages. Remember, even if these things are unkillable, that doesn't mean they're indestructible. You do have a chance - a slim chance - to render it incapacitated. The enemy has two attacks but on a natural 1, I'll give you something nice

Cael doesn't hesitate. As the creature throws itself at him, he brushes the arms aside with the knife and uses its momentum to slam its slavering jaw into the wall, preventing its teeth from reaching him as well as the claws. Then in the same movement he brings the gun up and presses it against whatever skin he manages to reach and fires the gun, once, twice, thrice, all while it twitches, spasms and wails.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He shoved the gun against the side of its skull and pulled the trigger. Blood, brain matter, bits of skull, exploded outwards and flaked the wall, destroying much of its brain and its left eye. It shoves against him, sliding up the wall a little, and his gun presses against one shoulder, shattering it under the force of the bullet that exits just within the edge of the rib cage and thuds against the wall. With a shriek, it tries to lurch backwards into its seat and jerks out of his grasp, the gun, no longer pressed against its skin but close enough, aimed for the middle. Another yank on the trigger, another loud retort, and the bullet slammed through its center, leaving a hole where its spine should be. It drops back into its chair weakly, only one arm still active, head lolling, legs and right arm useless.

OOC: ...luckiest damage rolls ever. Be aware, though, that moving in to deal with the thing with your knife will expose you to its blood and other fluids. Its still moving, but it's largely incapacitated. It can move or attack, and both of those will be penalised and slow. Also, the 1 I was talking about was for the parry, hence you managed to block both attacks.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Oh ok (about the 1).

Instead of running in with the knife, Cael runs up to the wheelchair and kicks the things as hard as he can down the stairs. Once that's done (assuming nothing else happens) Cael unwedges the door and calls for Sarah.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: You're lower on the staircase than the thing. However, the railing is rusted and weak so you can easily enough kick that down, then knock the thing down the gap between the circling stairs. It'll then land on the bottom floor, a few feet away from the door Nurse Sarah is within. Of course, the damage taken from that may well take out its left arm - which is what it'll land on.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: That's right, I ran up to it. Cael wouldn't put it that close to Sarah but since he thinks its pretty much done for he'll leave it as is and head down himself then.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: You may re-enter Nurse Sarah's thread.

Return to “Chapter Two”