Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: ASH: Nurse Sarah & Dahlia

Post by Laraqua »

Morrison
waits for no response. He hops to his feet with a cheery salute. "C'mon, let's go find you a room."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's go," says Sarah, taking Dahlia's hand. He certainly seems eager to put us to bed, she thinks. I wonder what's up with that? She watches him closely as she follows him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is cleary something Morrison is looking forward to as he hustles the two out of the medical bay and starts heading towards one of the rooms. The bedroom has two bunk beds, two foot lockers and four ordinary lockers. There is a writing desk with a computer, an overhead lamp at the desk, and an ordinary light overhead. Each bunk has a curtain and its own bulb for night-time reading.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Come get us when my father arrives," says Sarah, "or if there's a medical emergency. If Stephen hasn't already dropped off our weapons here, can you please send him over with them. Also, what's the water situation here? The tap water was contaminated back at the hospital. What are we supposed to do if we want a drink?" They're planning something, she thinks, and they want us out of the way for whatever it is. I just know there's something they're not telling us.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"The water's fine, there's a drinking fountain out in the hall. I'll have someone posted down here to keep an eye on you two... I'd prefer to not waste personnel and just lock you in here and have you call out when you need a drink or a toilet break. Trust cuts both ways, of course. I can send down some rations if you're hungry?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Are they going to drug us? wonders Sarah. Not that they'd need to, exhausted as we are. I'd probably fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I don't want to go to sleep just yet, though. I am a bit peckish. Never did get to eat supper, and I yacked up what I had for tea back in the ambulance, but I can wait until morning if I have to. "Are you hungry, Dahlia?" she asks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, you can call for tea through this," says Morrison, tapping an intercom. "Just dial 1446 this time. The number will change depending on where the duty-food person is. Just a warning, though, he can't cook too good and the women have threatened to go on strike if we ask them. Sergeant Blaize would do it ... she's a good sort but, uh, her cooking's worse than mine."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay, thanks," says Sarah. "I've only got one more question for the moment: do you have any idea how soon they're going to bring my father here? Dahlia, do you have any other questions before he goes?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I don't know," says Morrison. "Look, I'd better go. If you two decide on food, make that call. There'll be someone out in the hall but, uh, I'd suggest not taking any weapons you have out into the hall. You don't have security clearance to walk about armed so you really don't want to do that. Not until we know you both a bit better."

Morrison
goes to leave.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

Dahlia shrugs again. There wasn't much she wanted to ask him. She'd already asked him what she needed to.

He obviously had something he needed to go do. I betcha something strange is going on. I'm sure of it.

Dahlia smiles cheerily, and waves at Morrison as he walks away. She looks back at Sarah then, "Ya, I'm hungry. I wonder if the food is as bad as he says!" She giggles, "but either way, I could definately eat."
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Me too," says Sarah. She calls after Morrison. "We would both like some food sent down!" Then she closes the door and begins to look around the room, subtly searching for any hidden listening devices or cameras as she does. If there are any, I'm sure I'll find them, she thinks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It seems that were there any devices, she would find them and yet there is nothing in sight. Even the small mirror hanging on the wall does not appear to be 2-way.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Dahlia jumps up to the top bunk and bounces up and down happily.

Oooh.....I sure hope she wants the bottom bunk.

She feels the blankets, tries out the pillow, and then comes down the ladder to inspect the rest of the furnishings. If there are drawers, she opens every one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I can hardly believe it, thinks Sarah. Not a single monitoring device in here. Perhaps since their leader can read minds they don't feel it's necessary. "Well, Dahlia," she says, "this room looks pretty clean to me. I'm going to try calling my dad again while we wait for the food." She smiles at the girl."You can have the top bunk if you like. Why don't you have a look around yourself?" She takes out her mobile phone and dials her father's number again. Please pick up...please...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The lockers contain lab technician uniforms hanging up on their hangers. The two lockers each have two lids and separately contain a number of personal effects.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Dahlia slips on one of the lab coats, just to try it out. "Hey Sarah, look at me!" she grins. She continues to rummage through them, looking in the pockets of each one.

Dahlia looks for any changes of clothes that might fit her then, and looks through the personal effects. If she finds toothbrushes and toothpaste, she grabs them. I wonder if there are any books....
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a bible and two romance novels in one and several paperback detective mysteries in another. There is make-up, a small jewellery box, several hair clips. There are several Gameboy games and a gameboy. There are a number of civilian clothes though none for children.

The telephone rings.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: Sarah has been searching the room thoroughly, including inside closed objects like lockers and drawers. Her Spot Hidden success from earlier should count for this too, I think. I'm going to go ahead under the presumption that she still doesn't find anything, but if that's not the case let me know.]

"Those are nice," says Sarah, "but I'll stick with my nurse's uniform when I'm working. It's much prettier." She answers the phone. "Hello?"

Her eyes widen with alarm. "Oh, God," she says. "We'll get right down to the medical lab! I can talk to Cael, too. Thank you for letting me keep the knife, Sergeant." She straps the sheathed blade to her thigh while leaving the other knives and her pistol in the room. "Come on, Dahlia, one of the soldiers got poisoned and needs our help! Cael went a little funny in the head too and killed another soldier, thought it was a mercy killing. Looks like we won't be getting any rest yet..." She opens the door to the hall and rushes for the medical lab.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"What??" Dahlia half shouts, following after her.

An accident? My foot! What was really going on here? Why would Cael shoot somebody? Unless of course they weren't entirely ok.....

Cael had been entirely normal and quite protective of Dahlia while he was around, and the news was a shock to her. She runs after Sarah, mind awhirl of possibilities.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The soldier stationed outside has a hand cupped over the wire in his ear. "What? What was that? How do you even use these things?" He raises up his collar, then turns to the other two. "Er, no, not the kid. Poisons in this sorta thing can do all sorts... How about you go back inside that room, uh? That's the room with the gameboy, I think. Go play." He attempts to hustle her into the room. "You know anything about poisonings? We can get the doc to do it if we have to... He's more experienced but he's a bit cuckoo now."

Return to “Chapter Two”