NOR - Jill & Charlie's thread

Moderator: Laraqua

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: Louie and Jill - NOBODY ELSE - MASSIVE SPOILERS

Post by imme »

Without realizing she is doing so, Jill grips the edge of her chair and nods. "I just talked to my husband. He's on his way and I told him I'd wait for him here." As an afterthought she adds, "Besides, I'm really tired."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Ah, Dr. Sutcliffe is the person at this hospital who has learned the most about your, uh, condition," said the nurse. "Her office is on this floor and is more private than... Examinations normally aren't done in public. I can bring a wheelchair or a stretcher if you like?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Can't we wait until my husband gets here? I'm sure he'll arrive soon."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The nurse sighs. "I'm sure your husband can ask at the front desk. It's vital that the doctor sees you to ensure you're well enough to be out and about. There may be all sorts of side effects of the coma... It's best to have it sorted out now."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks at the nurse with a look that borders on anger.

"I don't think you understand. I don't care what her expertise is I'm not going to her office. I don't want a wheel chair or a stretcher. We are waiting for Jill's husband. If you want us examined the doctor can come to us."
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The nurse gives him a level look. Bursts of emotion were hardly going to faze a public healthcare worker. "We have fifteen coma patients who are like you in this hospital. Three of those have died of seizures within the past week. Now maybe you're fine and healthy, or perhaps you're willing to risk it regardless, but I have children in one of the wards and the only advice we have is to keep them with the others just so that the noise might rouse them. You two are awake. The clue to waking them up may reside with you. 500,000 people. And you two are the first to wake up."

"Now if you truly believe that making sure this lady's husband can see her the moment he walks in the door, rather than waiting an extra few minutes and talking to the front desk, is worth more than 500,000 lives - 36% of which are below the age of sixteen - then be my guest. I'll walk away now."

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Wait, nurse, did you say 500,000 people? And we're the very first to wake up?" She looks at Louie, as if trying to gauge his anger, and turns back to the nurse. "Maybe Dr. Sutcliffe could come here to tell us more?" She gives Louie a hesitant smile. "We should hear more, at least, right?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie returns the nurse's look, and speaks with every bit of conviction that she just did.

"If what you say is true, and these people have been in comas for over three years then I don't see how another fifteen minutes is going to matter. You can tell Dr. Sutcliffe whatever you like, but we are the ones that have been throught the trama, and I for one will not be bullied ever again. No turn around and find another Dr. to examine us, and let me make myself clear. I don't want Dr. Sutcliffe. She can be present, but you will not split us up."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"As you wish," says the nurse with a stiff smile. "If you won't see Dr. Sutcliffe, I'll ensure an equally suitable doctor with plenty of experience in this area comes to see you." Two burly men and a gangly one come up behind her - orderlies. "These three fellows will make sure your emotions don't get the better of you," she says to Louie.

To Jill, her smile is more genuine and her voice warm and sympathetic. "You probably will be here to greet your husband when he first arrives. It will take quite some time to get an equally distinguished doctor over here. Probably for the best, Corey's on the operating table. Dr. Sutcliffe is probably best supervising the operation." She turns to Louie. "If only he had another fifteen minutes..." She goes over to the front desk.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Probably for the best, Corey's on the operating table. Dr. Sutcliffe is probably best supervising the operation."
"Corey? The little boy? If he is gone I wonder how the others are doing. Nurse....Any word on a boy named Joel? He was desperate to find his mother when we parted. There were........"

Louie realizes how he must sound and shuts up.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The nurse mutters something over the front desk to a lady behind it who nods in response. Listen check - halved - to overhear it over the bustle of people. The nurse then turns back to Louie. "Joel? Yes, there is a boy on the ward suffering the same condition with that name. Perhaps he has the fifteen minutes to spare that Corey did not." She smiles briskly and goes to leave.

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill fails to overhear the nurse. Once she leaves, Jill turns and whispers to Louie. "Wouldn't it be better to cooperate with them? Or at least not be so antagonistic. I know you think Dr. Sutcliffe is part of this ... group of yours, but she's not going to do anything if we stick together, right? If you're so aggressive, people won't be willing to help at all."
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie can almost hear the nurse. He turns to Jill and says

"Maybe your right. I guess I'm just scared. NURSE.....Take me to the doctor. If I can do anything to help Charlie I will. I just hope it's not too late."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The nurse sighs, signals to the front desk nurse, and turns to the orderlies. "Mack, take them to Dr. Sutcliffe's office. I'll see if she's able to see them soon."

The orderlies nod to the duo and motion for them to follow.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks at the orderly and askes with a sad smile.

"I'm really tired. Would you mind getting some wheelchairs for us? I didn't mean to be difficult earlier, but I lost three years of my life, and it's quite disheartening
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill nods, relieved, since she doesn't think she could walk anywhere right now.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Sure, sure," says the ginger-haired wiry fellow. He nods at one of the other orderlies. "Two wheelchairs, huh?"

The other orderly just grunts and moves off.

"Yeah, well, not a lot has changed if that makes it any better," says the ginger fellow.

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill tries to smile at his friendliness, but doesn't really find any comfort in his comment. Still, he seems chatty enough, so she ventures a question. "Why were we in the Children's Ward?"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie perks up a bit at Jill's question.

"That's a good questioin. I'm sure Dr. Sutcliffe(said with a little sarcasm) has a perfect explination for that. Seriously though, you seem like a nice fellow. Do you know what happened to another orderly named Leroy. Is he still asleep or is he one of the ones that died......yes I know he's in a coma. You'd be suprised at the names I could rattle off of people in a coma."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The ginger-haired fellow frowns. "Well, I know you went and put on that uniform in the janitor's closet. You were wearing some street clothes before. Probably placed in your bedside cabinet by someone. I dunno. I guess you two walked in? Best ask the kids about that, really. They're the ones who watched you enter."

He turns his head to regard Louie. "Yeah, Leroy, I remember him. He's still sleeping."

Return to “Chapter Two”