HF: Brianna and Ronald

Moderator: Laraqua

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: HF: Brianna and Ronald

Post by trixie »

Brianna turns a ghostly white colour and stops dead in her tracks. So far she's been going along with Ronald and Lionel, listening to Agnes tell her all will be fine. But it appears she's come to the shocking conclusion that they are in the full blown throws of war.

"You mean....."
she stammers and blinks, unable to put her thoughts into words, then blubbers, "Oh my god! It's a war isn't it! I never....I....shouldn't......no.....no!" All the while the adults were having their conversation about this, she was busy eating and looking at Ronald's pigeon, Edgar. She hadn't been paying attention in the least.

She looks at each of them in disbelief, tears streaming down her cheeks in long fast drops, and falls to the floor.

[O.C. Sorry that Brianna has to make everything difficult....I know I'm playing her realistically and making some things more involved than they need to be....but welcome to children in general right. :lol: ]
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: If you think Brianna's made things difficult now, you should see what she does when she's a few years older. ;) ]

"Brianna!" cries Lionel, kneeling beside her and looking her over. "I think she's just fainted. Come on, my dear, we have to keep moving. If you're not up to walking, one of us can carry you. It will be all right. We're going to win the war, remember? And those nasty bombers that are on their way here? Our brave lads in their Spitfires are giving them what for right now! They're up in the sky to protect you, to protect all of us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna sits up, silently rubbing at her eyes, and stands, clutching Lionel's hand in one and Ronald's hand in the other. Her palms are sweaty and clammy, and her hands shake in their grasp.

She follows along after the group silently, blearily staring at the hallways and others as they shuffle out their doors.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's going to be all right," says Lionel, giving Brianna's hand a reassuring squeeze as he helps Ronald guide her. "This will also give us a chance to meet the neighbors. Most children have been evacuated to the countryside, but maybe there will be others your age."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald grips Brianna's hand tightly. There was no way in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that she was getting away in this crazy scene.

Hold tight kiddo! We can't get separated here!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The closest shelter is in the cellar of a pub. It has an external access via hastily constructed concrete steps erected in 1939 (much to the pub owner's chagrin). The entire block of flats is in an uproar as people hurry out onto the streets in a desperate bid to reach the shelter and get a nice spot before everyone else trundles in.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Come on, let's keep moving quickly," says Lionel. He continues to help Ronald lead Brianna, following Agnes to the building's exit and then the shelter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-We are almost there, Brianna, just have some courage. As soons we arrive, we are safe.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

They can see the searchlights searching the sky as they reach the cellar staircase. The cellar is already quite crowded.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And here we are!" says Lionel. "Not a moment too soon. Come on, let's try to squeeze in."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald looks down into the shelter and shivers. He wasn't big on crowded spaces...

I don't know Lionel. Is there a way out of here? If those Ghost kids come back or this place gets infected... we'll be trapped like rats or stampeded.

Ronald seems worried and scared at the same time. It's difficult to tell though from his expressions if he's afraid of the close quarters or the possibility of monsters coming down here and tearing everybody to pieces.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Don't worry, I'm sure it will be all right," says Lionel. "With all the people crowded in here, there's no space for even a rat to hide, much less anything larger. I can't imagine we'll run into anything bad down there. I know it's going to be a tight squeeze, but it's a lot better than being caught outside when the bombs are falling. Believe me, I know from personal experience." He taps his bandaged head.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-One problem at the time-says Agnes-for now we must worry about surviving the bombs, and then save the future world.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

They can hear the distant thumps and whooshes of bombs hitting the East End. The mournful wail of the air raid sirens continues. A young woman beckons them urgently. "Come on! Come on!"

Inside, a series of benches have been set up around the cellar and casks of ale. All of these benches have been taken over. One bench is being hogged by a large, drunk man who lies curled up on it. Many others crowd the floor. It's going to be a tight squeeze.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: A page or so back I asked if our characters in HF have survived a full 24 hours yet and thus would be eligible for +1 to a stat of our choice, but it looks like you didn't see it.]

"Ladies first," says Lionel to Agnes and Brianna. He makes sure they're safely inside before entering the shelter himself, then looks around for any available casks for them to sit upon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

[OOC: At this point, yes. +1 up people!]

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: Thanks! I'll update my character sheet in the evening, but first I have a few questions:
  • Does a +1 POW give a +5 to current Sanity (it normally doesn't according to the rules)?
  • With the 20 skill points from a +1 EDU, what is the maximum that can be given to any one skill?
  • Must those skills be among our professional skills, or can they be any skills (I'd guess the 10 skill points from +1 INT could be used for anything)?
  • Do bonus skill points have to be for skills we've used?
]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Good questions. All good questions. +1 POW does provide the rush of additional sanity - but roleplay that. Have the POW-up follow an epiphany or - in Ronald's example - perhaps due to a strengthening of resolve (such as to protect Brianna). Educational skill points can only be spent on Professional skills. Otherwise it robs Intelligence of it's charm - whose skill points can be spent anywhere, regardless of use, as the harsh lifestyle gives you more clarity and insight in dealing with many things.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna bites her lip after hearing Ronald talk about the wet kids and various other 'monsters' she didn't want to think about. But the screaming sky made her decision for her pretty quickly, and she charged into the crowded shelter, shaken and uncertain of the many others inside. She looks around for an empty spot to sit, and hunches down, rifling through her backpack for Edgar to make sure his cage was right side up.

It already smelled like armpit in the crowded shelter and they hadn't been there long. Brianna tugged on Ronald's sleeve to get him to sit and stop worrying. She glanced ruefully at Agnes and Lionel, worried for their predicament should any of Ronald's fears come true. But there was no sense in worrying about it, thought Brianna as she wrapped her arms around her knees and shuddered.

"Does anybody have a deck of cards or something?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Wait to close the doors, and then we will think of something.

Return to “Chapter Two”