ASH: Dahlia

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: ASH: Nurse Sarah & Dahlia

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Sarah beaming. "You know, it's rather a good thing that the dance isn't tonight after all. Once I'm done here I'm going to be too exhausted to do anything but collapse into bed. When the dance is on, let me know. I'd simply love to go." She smiles at the patients. "I'll have you lot up and dancing before you know it too." She continues about her rounds, making small talk with the patients and instructing Dahlia as she works.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

Dahlia beams. The blood and guts is entirely up her alley. In fact, it was fascinating to watch Sarah's steady hand work.

She does as she's instructed, handing things to her when necessary, and watching intently.

"I still wanna know what band it was he found....you know what cd Blackworth liked." she says distractedly to Morrison.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Morrison just shrugs at Dahlia.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You did the best you could under the circumstances, Sergeant Morrison," says Sarah. She moves onto the next patient, but she is too distracted by thoughts of her father to do a proper job. He should have called me back by now! she thinks. Something must have happened to him... She shakes her head when she sees what a lousy job she's doing. "I'm so sorry...I...got to pull myself together..." She blinks back tears and tries to do better.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Are you ok Sarah?" Dahlia asks, moving to her side now, and giving her a hug. "Are you worried about your Dad? Cause I'm a little worried too. The phone just rang and rang for me. It was weird. I think maybe my....mum.....maybe.....but let's not think about that right now. It'll only make us upset."

She looks at Morrison for a moment, and visions permeate her head as though she were living in another world momentarily. Flashes of images assault her from every angle, and she sways a bit backwards. In a moment, she looks back at Sarah with new eyes, dark eyes that speak of trouble and brewing discord.

She looks around the ward again, taking in the surroundings. "How did these people get their limbs shredded?" she asks simply, as though asking what brand of hot chocolate they just enjoyed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Morrison winces. "Don't really think that's appropriate talk while people are recovering."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Well....." Dahlia pauses, looking at Sarah with tears in her eyes. "Let's take a little break. Sarah can we finish patching them up in a minute? You look like you need a break anyways."

"Tell me out in the hall then." she says to Morrison.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks, sweetie," says Sarah, squeezing Dahlia back. "Yeah, I am worried about my dad. I think I could use a break too. Let's go out into the hall. That was a very good question you asked, Dahlia." She turns to Sergeant Morrison. "We will need to know what caused their wounds if we're to treat them most effectively. You can tell us there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Morrison sighs and leads them out into the hall. "Medics ... always demanding. Well, see, those twelve people were either involved in the shoot-out Blackworth mentioned earlier or they were attacked - either by the things outside or by the things inside. I can't catologue all of the injuries, really, as I didn't see half of them. We've got 'em under sedation so far as not all of them are on the side of the angels."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah shakes a little at this information. "You mean some of them are dangerous?" she asks. "You do know which ones, I hope? Shouldn't they be restrained, just in case?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Yeah, they're restrained ... both chemically and with leather," Morrison quips with a smile. "Don't worry, though, I doubt they're after another round of action. Our boys sure did a number on them. Even if we let them wake up, which we'd probably need to do soon - probably some bad side effects from being on meds too long - they'll be too busy licking their wounds to do nothin'."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah relaxes. "Well, that's a relief," she says. "Are you holding up okay, Dahlia?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Uh, ya I'm ok." she says to Sarah, giving her a brief smile.

"So the ones that were dangerous....did they cause injuries to the others then? Like they attacked the other people? And if so, were they human, or were they already injured by the time they attacked?"

Dahlia thinks back to the nurse that came running from downstairs. She didn't look quite.....alive. She was walking alright, but you could easily tell she should've been dead. I wonder if they know that possibility....
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You mean the mutant things? Yeah, some of them caused the injuries but they're all sealed up now. The worst is over. There's no point dwelling on it. We just gotta keep these people alive and keep this little outpost operating. We're real lucky to be here. This place could keep us going indefinitely. An oasis of humanity surrounded by the darkness out there. Out there's this darkness that can invade your minds, bring your very thoughts to life, but here's safe. What you see in here is what you get. So let's stop dwelling on the bad stuff and let's just try to get this place cozy."

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Dahlia breathes a sigh of relief. Perhaps they have thought of all possibilities. Looks like they have it together, anyways.
"Ok. Do you wanna go back in yet Sarah? Are you ok too?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah grins back at Dahlia. "Yeah, I'm okay now. I'll be ready to go back in in a minute or so, but first I'd like to try calling my dad again. I know a lot of people have been having trouble getting through using phones, but I was able to talk to him a couple of times before, and his phone was ringing even when I couldn't. I know this might sound funny, but I think love makes the signal stronger somehow. Joel's mum was able to text him using my phone back in the hospital." She turns to Morrison. "The darkness can bring your thoughts to life? What do you mean? And how is it that it doesn't do the same thing in here? Also, are you sure the mutants can't...infect people? Spread the mutation?" If the darkness brings thoughts to life, is that why I heard Lyle's voice, and found his note in my locker? she thinks. Gotta stop thinking about him. She dials her father's number yet again. Come on, Daddy. Please pick up, wherever you are...please...I love you...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No signal.

"This is the catacombs, lady, no windows and a fair amount of concrete between you and the outside world," says Morrison. "There's been no sign of infection. Maybe if they believed enough in it and were outside, maybe, but not in here. Like I said, we're safe in here. Blackworth knows..." He hesitates then clears his throat. "We all know about the various safety devices installed in this facility that keeps it safe from untoward influence. I'll wait out here a bit while you two finish up with the rest and then I'll show you to your rooms. You'd want a shared room, right? We got a few master bedrooms but they've sort of been taken up by the three of us Sergeants. Blackworth's got the best, unfortunately, he's far too cheeky not to. No need to worry about your safety while you sleep. Everything will be mighty fine. I'll have someone else stand guard and all that. I'm a little busy tonight."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks," says Sarah, putting her phone away. He's all right, he's got to be! she thinks. I just can't get through. I'll try again later. "I'll also have Stephen bring our weapons to the room, so we can protect ourselves just in case anything gets past the guard. How do you know all this, and what safety devices are here to prevent these influences?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Top secret, lady," he says with a wry smile. "You don't got the clearance. Military's the military, sorry."

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Did any of the patient's injuries cause them to lose their hair?" Dahlia asks, looking at Morrison with renewed interest in the casualties.

Return to “Chapter Two”