Page 1 of 1

NOR - Carson, Leroy

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:01 am
by Laraqua
The two move off while Dr. Sutcliffe is distracted.

Re: NOR - Pianoman & Carson

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:26 am
by Piano man
So Carson. Tell me about your dream. It might be important. You were there in my dream, at least for a little while. I'm wondering if there is a connection.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:32 am
by Laraqua
+2 to Fast Talk, +1 Persuade and +1 Psychology for Louie.

+1 to an appropriate skill for Carson.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:49 am
by OathinBlood
"I don't know...it was so long ago. I remember it being an ordinary day. I was talking to Leroy when an emergency announcement went over the P.A. It said something about a chemical spill. Me and Leroy decided to head down. The next part is a blur - some black fluid or gas or something outside started...hurting?...Disintegrating?...people. Leroy and me headed to the dispensary, where we sealed ourselves in with one or two other people. That's when I woke up."

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:14 pm
by Piano man
Louie let's out a little gasp.

Ok Carson. We need to pick up the pace a little. Your dream is part of mine, but I think that we need Leroy to help explain. I think that you will be able to help us understand what has gone on over the last three years.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:05 pm
by OathinBlood
"A communal nightmare..." Carson picks up the pace to Leroy and Joel's ward.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:53 am
by Laraqua
Joel's ward is actually on the second floor - I checked the maps, no wards on the first. Do you take the stairs (nearer) or the elevator (past the stairs)?

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:14 am
by OathinBlood
[OOC: Well, Louie's in a wheelchair, so elevator it is.]

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:22 am
by Piano man
Louie starts speaking and then stops. He seems unsure of what he is about to say. With a deep breath he decides that honesty is the best policy.

Listen. There is something you should know. Early on in this experience something happened to you. You were turned into a mindless zombie. Later on you attacked a few of us, and I was forced to shoot you. It didn't stop you though, just slowed you down. I believe the minute you turned into a zombie........well...I guess there is no good way to say this. You were dead. That's when you woke up I'll bet. It seems that everyone who has woken up has died in some way or another. Me I was attacked by a bunch of zombie kids. I'm willing to bet that when we talk to Joel, and Leroy that we will hear similiar stories.
Louie pauses for a few seconds and continues.

I'm really sorry you know. I didn't want to shoot you, but I had no choice. You weren't really you.
Louie trails off fearing that he's said to much already, and that he looks like a raving lunatic

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 am
by Laraqua
The elevator doors open, revealing Leroy and Joel with a janitor's tray and food tray, respectively.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:07 am
by ImpInTraining
"Hey... Obi-wan! There you are. Hungry?" He glanced around the waiting area, "Any chance there's a courtesy phone down here? Or a pay phone?"

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:10 am
by OathinBlood
"Leroy! We were looking for you." says Carson, nodding towards Louie to indicate him. "Glad you've woken up."

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:23 am
by Laraqua
There are pay phones on the first floor waiting area.

The meal deliverers are going to be mad as hell when they find the food trays missing, though.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
by Piano man
Louie smiles at the thought of food.

Ya I'm starving, but I wouldn't suggest going to the lobby right now. There were just some government guys trying to take away anyone who just woke up. I kicked up enough of a fuss that they left, but they called for goons to come and take us. They will be here shortly. Let's walk and talk. I'm sure we can find another phone. I take it from the Obi Wan comment that you have the same memories of what happened that I do. Carson needs to be filled in so let's all compare stories and see if we can't figure this out. I have some theories, but I would like to hear what you have to say first.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:40 am
by ImpInTraining
"I didn't want to say anything in front of the doctor, because Leroy seems to think it's not over. If it isn't, and he's not just a paranoid lunatic, then we don't know who to trust. But yeah, Leroy and I compared 'dreams' ... and we've concluded it wasn't a dream, but that's not saying it wasn't a mass hallucination. I'm still not quite sure what parts were real and what parts weren't," Joel responds, offering a covered tray to Louie.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:43 am
by ImpInTraining
He looked to Carson and asked, "Wait a second... weren't you the guy that Louie shot with the shotgun? You were dead..." He looked questioningly to Leroy and asked, "He died, right?"

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:11 am
by OathinBlood
"Yeah. I had a dream...no, nightmare, too - but I didn't go into a three-year long coma. I think I was asleep for...I don't know, but it was less than a week. I just assumed it was a Rohypnol..." Carson paused, rattling the bottle in his pocket, "...overdose. It's happened before. But then I found out that 500,000 people went comatose, including Leroy, who was in my nightmare."

Re: NOR - Carson, Leroy, Joel, Louie

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:46 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel pulled the two men into the elevator by their shirts, "Get in here..."

He pushed the "G" button.

"500,000 people? Jeez. Well, in our experience, you got some water from the air ducting into your eye or something and went into zombie-constructor mode, building some blockade with the rest of the dead-heads. Obi-wan here came along and said, 'He's one of them...' or some such thing... levelled his shotgun at you, and KERBLAM!" Joel made an imitation of someone shooting a shotgun and it kicking and nearly fell on his weakened ass. After regaining his composure, he said, "Louie said you were 'walking dead'. But hey, I fought for you even though the rest of them just stood around and let them blow you away. Not much I could do at 15 years of age against some crazy janitor with a shotgun though... you know?"

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:54 am
by Piano man
Louie gives Joel a stern look. Not as a boy, but as one man to another.

Listen I've already told him about that, and it was hard enough to do without you blathering on about it. Now I have a theory about what's going on. I should start by saying that I saw a zombie already. Well kind of a zombie. Doctor Sutcliffe looked dead to me, but only for a couple of seconds. I thought I was imagining things until the same thing happened to Jill. Now Carson here was asleep for only a week, but he died fairly early into the experience. Now I showed up here after I was surrounded by little kids covered in water. I can only assume they killed me, and I woke up here. What happened to you two right before you woke up.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:18 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel ignored Louie for the moment, continuing on to Carson, "So the moral of the story is ... if he's toting a shotgun, don't stick around him. Come to think of it, as we we heading off to save my mum, he chickened out and went running back to the hospital - taking the only real weapon we had with him." He sneered at Louie, "Thanks for that, ya wanker."

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:26 am
by Piano man
Listen if you don't want to be a part of the solution then your part of the problem. I'm not proud of everything I did, but I was trying to help somebody and you two wanted to go galavanting off. So I went to help the people who needed it. I didn't make if very far though. In the end I ended up distracting them from you. I'm sorry I left you. Now can you answer my question of what the last thing you remember before you woke up was.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:44 am
by paradys
Leroy looking dazed, doesn't seem to have a word anyone has said. Suddenly he looks at Carson and breaks into a grin.

"Carson, its good to see you man, last time i saw you someone shot you in the fucking head!!"

He points at Louis.

"It was you! It was you!" And starts to laugh hysterically. "hahahahhahhhahahahaha!"

He sobers up all of a sudden, blinks, and stares at Louis.

"Did you say people were coming?"

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:21 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel put his hands on his hips and said, "So if I'm aparently part of the problem, are you gonna shoot me in the head too?"

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:20 pm
by Piano man
Louie's face drops at the constant reminder of what he did. Even though he did what he had to.

Fine be that way guys. I obviously can't be trusted so you can just fend for yourself. Make sure you get out of here before they get back.

Louie wheels his chair away and heads back for the lobby where he left Jill. I've been picked on enough and I'm not just going to sit here and take it from someone I want to help.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:24 pm
by paradys
"Hey, lets be fair Joel, Carson was about to beat a nurse to death with a claw hammer, hee hee hee hee hee." Leroy giggles hysterically again.

"But isnt this weird to anyone else. We're all talking about what happened in our dream like it was real life. And do you mind telling me how people in seperate fucking comas can interact and affect each others actions in seperate fucking dreams. Nobody can tell me something isn't going on."

"Hey Louis! Whos coming for us?" Leroy demands to know, holding the lift doors open. "And what did the rest of Cynthias card say?"

Leroy is acting a bit intense, and being in the lift with him might be making the other characters nervous.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:29 pm
by Piano man
Louie stops and throws the note back to Leroy.

Read it for yourself. It says something different to everyone. It said to late Mr. Janitor, and then those goverment guys walked through the door. I don't think it's sunk in that I've seen a dead person walking already, and Jill saw it too.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:37 pm
by paradys
Leroy goes to pick up the note and starts reading it avidly.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:47 pm
by Piano man
Louie stops and waits for Leroy to read the note.

So what does it say now?

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:42 pm
by OathinBlood
Carson looks fairly shaken.

"Shot in the head...hey Louie, what did you say about Sutcliffe?"

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:20 pm
by Piano man
Louie barely hears Carson's words as he waits for Leroy to read the note. It finally sinks in a he replies.

I saw Dr. Sutcliffe as she looked when she died. It was just for a moment, but Jill saw something similiar. Yes I shot you. I'm very sorry, but you weren't you. If these two can get over that and focuss on what's important then maybe we can figure it out. I don't think that where we are is necessarily real, but if no one cares I'll go talk to someone who does.

Louie eyes Joel. I don't know why I expected more maturity out of him. Sure he's older looking but he's still mentally just a punk kid.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:37 pm
by paradys
"Yeah Carson, dont take things personally. Its fair to say..you werent quite yourself." Leroy giggles again.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:40 pm
by Piano man
Louie looks at Leroy with a puzzled look.

Listen Leroy. I like you. You seem to be a good person, but I fail to see what is so funny. You don't quite seem yourself. Could you maybe enlighten us as to what has you laughing so much at such a serious time.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:58 pm
by paradys
"Its funny you know" says Leroy "We're all standing here trying to explain to Carson why we had to shoot him, how he turned into a zombie and all...like maybe we're sorry we banged into his car and can we get his insurance details. Maybe too I'm not quite myself - but seeing as we've all accepted that what happened in that coma was to some extent real - maybe we can accept theres some extrasensory shit going on.
You say theres government types in the building looking for us? Ive seen the movies and if theyve taught me anything its that mysterious illness + psychic phenomena + govenment types = big fucking conspiracy man. Well, those motherfuckers arent going to do me like they did ET. I say its time to get out of here."

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:22 pm
by Piano man
I agree let's get somewhere where we can hide. I don't know if actually leaving the hospital right now would be such a good idea. They would catch us in an instant. maybe we should head for the basement. I'd like to see if there is a temple down there still. Louie laughs in spite of himself. And of course you'll need my drivers info sorry for dinging your car.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:25 pm
by ImpInTraining
"You guys are all just feeding your dementia. Look, it's clear what happened before. There was a chemical leak that effected many people, apparently 500,000 of them. It caused people to start hallucinating, and for whatever reason, people started hallucinating the same things. Then, at its latest stage, slipped the victims into a coma for three years. The effects wore off after that time. Look around you, everything's fine. No ash, no blood... no zombies." He glanced at Louis and said, "Perhaps the fright of the hallucinations broke something inside of some of us. Maybe some of us need some psychiatric help."

Joel felt like he was the only man wearing a life preserver on a sinking ship. Was everyone going crazy?

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:40 pm
by Piano man
Louie looks at Joel.

You know I wish I knew everything like you do. You seem so sure of yourself, but you failing to take in the facts and make your judgement that way. You think of what you would like to have happened and say that it must be so. I know it seems scarey to think that we may have really experienced what we remember, but there are too many inconistancies in what I've seen since I woke up to convince me other wise. This reality that we are in right now may not be the true reality either. I'm not saying I have it all figured out, but to just write off what we experience could put us in serious danger. Something in your mind may not let you see what's right in front of your face, but try thinking outside the box for once. It's like playing a game of what if. What if I'm right. Then what?

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:09 am
by ImpInTraining
"If you're right, then you should be able to prove it to me," Joel said confidently. "I've seen nothing out of the ordinary here, but I decided to head off with Leroy because I owe him for saving my mother. I want to be there in case he tries to joust with the windmills." He looked over to Leroy and lifted an eyebrow, "No offense."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:15 am
by OathinBlood
"You know, I think Leroy's right. I wouldn't trust those government types if I were you. Don't put anything past them. Plus, they might be looking for earlier stage sleepers too, like me..." says Carson, reverting into his natural paranoia.

"And look, it's okay that you...shot me. I think I get it."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:52 am
by Piano man
Louie looks at Joel.

You want proof? After all we've seen that we can't explain you want proof. Louie snatches the note from Leroy and hands it to Joel. Just a second with the note. What's the note say Joel?

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:41 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel rolls his eyes letting out a breath of exhasperation, and reads the note.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:04 am
by ImpInTraining
"Still too late. She found you...

Duck."

Joel says chuckling. "Not even good for a fortune cookie."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:15 am
by Laraqua
The fluroescent bulbs above explode in a shower of sparks and shards of glass.

Luck roll or take 1 hp loss. 0/1 SAN for the shock.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:21 am
by ImpInTraining
1st Luck(65) 2nd Sanity (54) (1d100=95, 1d100=76)

Joel jumps from the sudden explosion and says "Sonova..." he reaches up and digs some fragments of glass out from the back of his neck. His heart is pounding so hard he can feel it in his throat.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:21 am
by OathinBlood
Carson jumps back, avoiding the glass, but shaken by the sudden noise. "What the fuck?"

[OOC: I made the necessary sanity loss on my character sheet already.]

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:09 am
by Piano man
Louie avoids the falling glass, but it stil freaks the hell out of him.

See. The fucking note said duck and then the light explodes. Let's get out of here and don't lose that piece of paper.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:10 am
by Laraqua
The note is a Get Well card with a number of inner pages. There appears to be eight flaps. So far, five have been examined.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:18 am
by ImpInTraining
"Just a coincidence" Joel says more to reassure himself than anything else. "Take this card ..." he handed it back to Leroy. "I just want to get out of this hospital. I'm so sick of it. Let's go to that observatory, Leroy... anywhere but here."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:27 pm
by paradys
Leroy grins and rubs his hands together. He gets back in the lift and prepares to press the button to resume their trip to the ground floor.

"So we're all in some sort of agreement. Whats it to be fellas, the temple or the observatory. I say we take a vote on it. And by the way, has anyone got any money...or a car....you drive Carson?"

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:59 pm
by OathinBlood
"Barely. Burn that card before we leave, before we see the other three pages."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:02 pm
by Piano man
Louie's eyes go wide at the suggestion to read the note.

No! That note could save our lives. I would suggest not willy nilly reading the pages anymore. Save them for when we are in a tight bind. It belongs to Leroy so he should have it.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:08 pm
by OathinBlood
"Don't you see? Us reading it caused the light bulb to explode. It wants us to think that it's saving our lives. We didn't all duck, did we? We're lucky no one's blind right now." says Carson, his hands beginning to shake.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:11 pm
by paradys
"We keep the note" Leroy says firmly, stuffing it in his back pocket.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:18 pm
by Piano man
Hey guys let's keep moving. I personally think we should head for the basement. Three of us are too weak to be any good, and I don't think Carson can take care of us all by himself. Even if we don't find anything down there it will still answer questions. Leroy you still didn't tell us the last thing you remember before waking up. I'm thinking we each died in some way before we woke up here. So maybe this place isn't what we think it is.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:20 pm
by Laraqua
The elevator doors open.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:46 pm
by OathinBlood
"Stay here. If you hear me talking about a mess in the bathrooms, go down to the basement without me. I'll check if Sutcliffe or one of those government-types are around." warns Carson. He walks off to check if the coast is clear.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Great, Temples in the basement, Men In Black, Zombie doctors, a great conspiracy, and now a people-eating get-well card," Joel says leaning back against the back of the elevator. "Incidentally... if the card does talk to us... who the hell is 'she'? I don't think Dr. Sutcliffe made that light explode."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:56 pm
by Piano man
Louie blushes a little.

Actually it wasn't Dr. Sutcliffe I saw. In all the excitement I said her name be accident. It was actually Nurse Hammond I saw. She did not look too good either. What's at the observatory by the way. Why would you think to go there.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:48 pm
by ImpInTraining
"A hunch," Joel said haltingly. Then he continued to explain further, "After we rescued my mum, she said something about 'the observatory'. After that, I was waking up from the coma. We saw a poster for a tour through a new observatory somewhere nearby (I presume)." He shrugged and crossed his arms about his chest as he looked at the buttons in the lift on the wall. "It's silly, I know... but makes as much sense as going down to the basement to find a temple."

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:14 am
by Piano man
Louie looks a Joel and nods.

Well that sounds like as good a plan as anything I've heard yet. At least it's something. Going to the basement was just a curiosity. I say we go with Joel's plan.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:23 am
by ImpInTraining
"The sooner I'm out of this god-forsaken hospital, the better," Joel says looking at Louie.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
"So are we waiting for Carson, or going on?" Joel asked. "I really don't like just sitting here, not with exploding bulbs and people-eating cards."

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:20 pm
by paradys
Leroy peers out of the elevator to see what has happened to Carson.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:41 am
by Piano man
Carson said he'd be right back. Did he say he has wheels or do we have to steal an ambulance.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:50 am
by OathinBlood
"I didn't see nothing...let's head for the basement."

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:14 am
by Laraqua
The door to the basement is in the Accident & Emergency ward, through the store room. It had been built over a century ago, back when this hospital was a fever hospital. The group reach it without being intercepted - despite A&E being somewhat quieter than usual. A set of stairs lead down to a corridor. There are three doors, the right on the right, the largest, is a store room. Of the two on the left, one is an old boiler/furnace room and the other houses all of the power and central heating controls. The door to the ritual area used to be by the boiler. One used to use a crowbar to jimmy open part of what appeared to be a wall, opening up the brick 'door'.

There is a hole in the bricks that Leroy sees, but unfortunately, there is no longer the easily distinguished crack that outlined the door.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:42 am
by Piano man
occ I assume you meant Louie not Leroy.

I think that either this is an alternate reality or someone has finished over the brick door. There was an entrance right here leading into the inner chambers of the ritual area. This answers a lot of my questions. Everyone I knew to be associated with the cult fully denies it in private with me. This must mean in this reality the cult does not exist. I say we get out of here and check out the observitory. Carson do you have wheels or do we need to steal some.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 am
by OathinBlood
"What cult? Let's hear some explaining, Louie. I'm confused."

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:08 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel raised his hand and said, "Yeah, me too... but considering the source, I guess not."

He started heading back up to where the cars were parked. "Let's go to the observatory. Maybe mum had something important for us to do there."

He muttered to himself, "And maybe I should be laying in bed waiting for the doctor to tell me I'm not terminally ill."

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:25 pm
by paradys
Leroy looks around for a length of pipe or a wrench, something he can use to bang on the section of wall and see if it sounds 'hollow'.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:59 am
by Piano man
Louie sees Leroy searching and intervenes.

Don't bother. The cavern is still there but it's sealed up so it's obvious the cult is no longer active. Let's get going to the observatory. I can explain more on the way. Although I did explain once when we first met up at the ambulance. Right now we need to get out of here before those government goons find us.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
by paradys
"Oh I'm just curious" says Leroy "I wasnt going to start an excavation. For one thing I dont think I have the strength."

If he finds a handy object he'll tap on the section of wall on his way out to see if theres anything to Louis story.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:15 am
by Laraqua
There is a shovel on the floor with a broken spade.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:21 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel waits at the top of the stairs and keeps a 'look out'.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:42 am
by Piano man
Louie picks up the shovel and starts banging on the brick around the missing brick trying to knock them loose.

Well if it's proof you want then let me help, but I can't guarantee that anything is going to be back there. Nothing is as it should be why would this be any different.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:42 am
by Laraqua
The wall sounds solid.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:09 am
by Piano man
Louie throws down the shovel.

See I'm either deranged or a liar. Either way I don't care anymore. Let's get out of this God forsaken hospital and see what's at the observatory. Does anyone have a car, or do we have to steal one.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:49 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel says from atop the stairs, "Don't look at me. Last time I was out of this forsaken building, I was only 15. Might still have a bicycle at home if I'm lucky."

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:48 am
by paradys
"Whatever wheels i had i guess got towed away long ago" says Leroy "but if i could make a phone call, someone could come and pick us up. Its either that or a taxi i guess..or we could try and steal a car." He laughs, half joking.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:22 am
by Laraqua
A sudden wave of exhaustion hits Louie, Leroy and Joel. It doesn't force them to sleep - it merely makes them wish they could sleep.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:03 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel yawns and shakes his head to clear the cobwebs... these steps seemed to be going on forever (and I mean that).

"Carson... what about you, you got a car?" he asks. He tilts his head and asks, "Anyone else hear a hissing sound? I think there's some sort of gas leak... got to get to fresh air.... hurry.."

He exited the stairwell and made his way to the nearest door to the outside.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:07 pm
by Piano man
Louie makes his way up the stairs after Joel looking a little panicy.

Hey wait up. Let's get out of this hospital. I had a car in the parking lot. Don't know if it's still there, but we could look. Carson do you have a car? Come on guys get out of that room.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:16 pm
by paradys
"Yeah lets move" says Leroy "before we fall asleep and up back in lala land."

He shivers and looks around curiously before following the others up the stairs.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:06 am
by OathinBlood
"I have a rental. It's in the parking lot." says Carson, following the strangely sluggish others up the stairs.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:22 am
by Piano man
Louie sees Leroy shiver, and moves closer to speak candidly.

Did you just see something too, or am I going loopy. I think it's important that we tell eachother when we see things even if we feel crazy. I saw our shadows, but they weren't normal. It looked like we were being electicuted. That's enough for me to want to get out of here as fast as I can.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:21 am
by ImpInTraining
ooc: Does Joel hear this too?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:43 pm
by Piano man
occ. sorry about that. Louie is not whispering so Joel would hear it.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:35 pm
by paradys
"Electrocuted?" says Leroy anxiously. "I didnt see nuthin but I felt...someone breathing against my neck, fingers in my hair." His voice becomes sleepy and his eyes glaze over dreamily. "Your right, we should get out of here, this place has bad frinkin karma man. I will not tarry in the place of past nightmares" He giggles again.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:18 am
by Piano man
As a wave of exhaustion comes over Louie he realizes that he's not up to a road trip.

Hey guys you're going to have to leave me behind. I'm just not up for any travel. I think I'll go find Dr. Sutcliffe and get some answers. Maybe I'll get some sleep too. Carson do you have a cell phone. Give me the number. If I figure anything out I'll call you and let you know.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:18 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel said, "I felt like there was some sort of earthquake ... like a train was passing overhead or something... and that hissing sound. I swear, we're breathing something bad in. Let's get out of this building..." he looked at Louie, "all of us. Stay here and you're good as dead... again."

Joel wasted no more time, he ran out to the parking lot as fast as his legs would carry him. "Where's your car, Carson?" He called back over his shoulder.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:54 pm
by Piano man
Louie pats Joel on the shoulder. I'd love to come with you, but I fear that if I did right now that I would be placing everyone's life in danger. You'll stand a better chance without me, and I won't be responsible for anyone getting hurt. I'm pretty sure they are going to be watching the exits to try and keep us from leaving. I'll run interferance and try to give you guys time to get out.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:11 pm
by OathinBlood
"It's the white Toyota beside the doctor's parking lots. Let's go." says Carson slowly. He seems wary of the others.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:12 pm
by Piano man
Louie heads up the stairs and turns around to say good bye.

I know it doesn't make sense to you that I'm going to stay, but there is nothing out there for me. I can probably help more people staying where I am. You guys go, and if I find anything out I will call you.

Louie pulls out a pen and piece of paper and writes down Jill's phone number then hands it to Leroy.

This is Jill's phone number. If you find out any info call her and let her know.

With that Louie heads back up stairs in search of Dr. Sutcliffe.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:46 am
by paradys
Leroy takes Jills number and slips it in his pocket.

"Okay Carson my old mucker, lets get the car. I call shotgun! And if anyone sees a telephone give me a shout. I want to phone home, get an idea of whats going on out there"

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:46 am
by OathinBlood
Carson nods goodbye to Louie, then heads out to the parking lot with Leroy, remaining silent.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:05 am
by ImpInTraining
Joel tags closely behind... eager to distance himself from Horror Hospital.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:52 am
by Laraqua
Through the double glass doors of Accident & Emergency, the car park seems more than ordinary, with bright fluffy clouds trailing across an almost impossibly bright blue sky. The car park, as per usual, was full but as none of the three were looking for a park, that was hardly a problem.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 am
by OathinBlood
Carson stops, turning to Leroy.

"Leroy...tell me what the hell's going on. I didn't, still don't, know what the hell you guys were talking about back there. Tell me what happened in your coma. Tell me what you saw in the basement, about the cult and the temple and the observatory and all that shit. I'm clueless. All I know is that after we sealed ourselves in the dispensary, I turned into some kind of zombie and was shot. I suspect that that was when I woke up, which is why I wasn't in a coma like the rest of you."

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
Joel stated, "Yeah, how about we fill you in on the way?" He was looking around for Carson's car... ready to put some distance between him and the hospital. Once they found it, he happily occupied the back seat, shoving over whatever might have been on the seat, and ignoring any trash that he might have been stomping on. "Boy, I really need to find some new clothes. Something that fits."

It was an interesting prognosis of Carson's ... "So you think the horror we lived through was just some sort of mass coma dream, and you were brought out of it when you were killed, huh? Interesting concept. So we all fell into a coma as soon as the Ash hit?" He considered it and shrugged... "I guess it's plausible, even if it's never been heard of before. Mass Hallucinations are one thing. Mass dreaming is nothing I've seen documented anywhere."

He considered another option, "Of course, this could be a dream too, and maybe one of you or I am the only real person in this whole place that truly exists. Well, if that were the case, my money's not on Carson. There was a portion where Carson wasn't present in my recollection."

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:13 am
by paradys
"Temple...cult, I dont know, that must have been something Louis saw." Leroy leans against the bonnet of the car looking pained and tired. "Maybe we've got this all wrong, I don't think i've been thinking straight. All I know is I just got out of a three year coma and i still havent seen my kid or anyone i used to know. I have to...I have to sort this out."

Seeing a phone booth in the corner of the carpark, Leroy pushes himself away from the bonnet of the car and starts to weave his way unsteadily through the parked vehicles.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:18 am
by Laraqua
As Leroy leans against the glass of the pay phone to take a moment's breather before reaching for the receiver, the telephone starts to ring.

The car, at least, seems normal, however, the observatory is all the way over on the south-west coast of Britain so it will certainly be a long drive they have ahead of them.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:59 am
by paradys
Leroy picks up the phone, almost as though he were expecting the call. At least it doesn't strike him as unusual.

"Hello, Leroy speaking" he says, sounding tired.

Re: NOR - Carson, Leroy

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:07 am
by Laraqua
You may add 1% to ANY skill of your choice as a roleplaying bonus.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:17 am
by paradys
ooc: cheers me dear! i'm very sorry to be losing imp. i hope he wasnt upset at the pace of the game. truth is i was coasting a bit there while i set up the intros to the new game i'm running, but now thats cleared up I can give ash my full attention again. leroy is busy by pm on the phone at the moment but will back at the car soon, promise!

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:27 pm
by paradys
Leroy leaves the phone booth, and looking more befuddled than ever, makes his way over to the car.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:53 am
by OathinBlood
Carson calls to Leroy. "Leroy...I think I just saw something. A bloody nurse in the back of my car, and the world outside was black..."

Carson drives the car up beside Leroy.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:09 am
by Laraqua
Joel frowns somewhat, but doesn't speak, contenting himself with staring out the passenger window.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:13 pm
by paradys
Leroy gets into the passenger seat and grins.

"Hey, welcome to our world Carson. I just spoke to Cynthia on the phone - did we mention her - well, its a little hard to explain, but just take it for now shes our spirit guide. A friend of mine, shes gonna help us through this thing but I have to meet her tomorrow afternoon back in London so we better move.
You know with this trip to the observatory and Cynth on our side I think we're going to figure this thing out."

He starts to whistle.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:44 am
by Laraqua
There is a London street directory in the glove box but Carson doesn't have a directory for the entire country. To find his way properly, he'll need to purchase one.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:25 am
by OathinBlood
"Alright. Looks like we're gonna make a pit stop. How much cash do you guys have on you? We need maps." says Carson, pulling out of the parking lot, still shaken from his vision.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:53 am
by Laraqua
"Did you get your wallet?" Joel asked Leroy. He sighed deeply. "Could you drop me off at my mum's? If I have one of your phone numbers, I can call you if anything happens. I just want to go home."

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:55 am
by OathinBlood
"Yeah." says Carson. "Just point out the way, Joel."

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:14 pm
by paradys
"I ain't got nothing" says Leroy "no phone no cash. I guess we'll have to improvise."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:21 am
by Laraqua
Joel leads them to the front of a narrow, two-storey townhouse that was pretty much identical to every other one. He hops out the car before its even fully stopped and darts over to the front gate. He hesitates there, one hand atop the gate, then turns his attention on the mailbox, ripping open the front flap and pawing around inside. "Ferguson? Who's Ferguson?" he murmurs, peering at the envelopes.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:02 am
by OathinBlood
"Ferguson?" asks Carson. "Say, Joel, can I borrow some money? We need food and a map to get to the observatory, not to mention gas money. Please. I'll pay you back."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:09 am
by Laraqua
Joel doesn't answer, merely walking up the path as if in a daze. The curtains are open and he can see into the living room. He pauses by the window, then reaches out, pressing his hands against the cool glass. "This isn't my mother's home..."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:17 am
by OathinBlood
"Wrong address?"

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:53 am
by Laraqua
"Must be, after three years... We did live here, though," Joel looks over at Carson, chewing his lips, a flash of fear and memory tainting his blue eyes.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:07 am
by OathinBlood
"What's wrong, Joel?"

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:24 am
by Laraqua
"In the dream world, I saw my mother die," says Joel.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:48 am
by OathinBlood
"Look. It's obvious we're all getting these...visions. Strangely, I've stopped being scared of them. I want to try something...Joel, get back in the car. I think I know how to fix things."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:52 am
by Laraqua
Joel gives him a numb look and a slow nod, then turns toward the car. He pauses with the door open, peering at the house one long, last time, a strange look in his eye. Then he sits, pulls the door shut, and resolutely stares at the road ahead.

OOC: Leroy has some money in his wallet in the cupboard. Twenty five bucks worth. No cards, though, for obvious reasons.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:17 am
by OathinBlood
Carson drives until he finds a quiet alley or parking lot, and parks his car where it will look inconspicuous.

Rummaging through his pockets, Carson pulls out a bottle of Rohypnol.

"We were all asleep during that...that experience, right? The visions...it's like they're calling us back..."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:19 am
by Laraqua
Joel startles at the sight of the bottle and clutches at the handle. "No..."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 am
by paradys
Leroy also shakes his head. He avoids looking at Joel and instead pulls a road map from the glove compartment.

"We're heading for the town of Rye, near Romney Marsh. Its about 60 miles away, so once we're out of London it should take us about an hour or two."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:58 pm
by OathinBlood
"I'm starting to get the shakes. I'm gonna have to take one sooner or later - then I'll be plunged back in the dreamworld, probably. Are we gonna sleep in Rye?", says Carson, unaware of the others' reactions.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 am
by Laraqua
"I vote Leroy drives," says Joel drily.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:40 am
by OathinBlood
Carson nods, looking at his shaking hands. "Yeah, p-probably for the best."

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:40 pm
by paradys
Leroy moves over to the drivers seat, looking at Carson nervously.

shouldn't have let him take those pills. christ he could bring anything back down us. still i suppose it was too late now

His eerie bonhomie disappearing he assumes a grim expression and starts up the car.

"We get there fast and see what happens" he says.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:03 am
by Laraqua
A few dark clouds can be seen in the distance as Leroy begins the long drive.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:37 pm
by paradys
As usual it takes an hour just to get out of London, then Leroy picks up an A road that will take them through Kent towards Rye near the coast. Once they reach Romney Marsh he expects the roads to become narrower and more winding as they negotiate the wetlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romney_Marsh

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:11 am
by OathinBlood
Carson looks out the window, his hands still quivering. "I need a fix s-soon, guys," he says, admiring the green landscape.

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 am
by Laraqua
"This is a wild goose chase," says Joel, the first words he's spoken since they'd left his mother's house. "We should just look up friends and family on the white pages. They're no doubt worried about us. Why are we even going to some observatory we saw in a dream?" He sighs, lapsing into silence and staring out the front window. Then he reaches over to fiddle with the radio.

The news is indecipherable beneath the heavy hiss of static.

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:09 pm
by paradys
"Well we're halfway there now" says Leroy, keeping a careful eye on Carson. "Lets just check this place out, give me some peace of mind. After that I agree, we start taking care of friends and family."

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:10 pm
by OathinBlood
Carson succumbed to an uneasy sleep, his head leaning against the car's interior.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:30 pm
by paradys
left to his own devices, Leroy starts to sing:

one for the road, just oooonnnee for the road...

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:58 am
by Laraqua
They all too soon reach the outskirts of town.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:25 pm
by paradys
Leroy drives around the town and its environs looking for the observatory.

i guess its one of those big dome things with a telescope sticking out - but they probably don't like that anymore, they're probably more hi tech. This is what happens when you miss three years worth of discovery channel.

He nudges Carson, trying to rouse him.

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:31 am
by OathinBlood
Carson is a heavy sleeper, and refuses to awaken.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:55 am
by Laraqua
The bulge of the observatory can be seen six miles outta town as the car crests a hill.

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:13 pm
by paradys
Thats some hi tech looking shit thinks Leroy as he takes the next turn in the direction of the observatory.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:16 am
by Laraqua
Leroy passes a car and notices the man in the driver's seat gazing at him intently. Then there's the flash of lights (recently placed on the roof of the unmarked car) and the sound of a police siren as the other car does a u-turn and comes up behind them.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:40 pm
by paradys
Oh shit, thinks Leroy.

As he slows down and pulls into the side of the road he tries to shake Carson awake.

"Carson, Carson wake up, its the rozzers. Wheres the car registration man, and I aint got no fucking licence, shit. Wake up!"

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:53 am
by OathinBlood
Carson rouses slowly, mumbling something. "Ennn..du...gluv..compatmunt."

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:07 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Getting out of the car, Charles thought for a moment why he had actually pulled over the car because they had not really done anything except for a burst of static which may or may not have come from the car. He could not think of a good reason and decided to stall for time as he walked up to the car.

Walking up he saw three males as he flashed his light into the car.

"Yes Sir, can I see your license and registration please?"

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:53 pm
by paradys
Leroy fumbles around in the glove compartment until he finds Carsons licence and the registration. He tries to get a make on the man approaching the car, was he in uniform, some sort of cop? Recalling his recent experiences and the omens they've recieved he is instantly on guard.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:01 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Seeing the man fumble around his glove compartment, Charles said, "Sir I want to see your licence and registration right now and I want you to keep your hands where I can see them. Do not make me call for backup!"

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:57 am
by OathinBlood
Carson shrugs himself awaking once he recognizes that the main is a police officer in uniform. He looks around cautiously, but doesn't say anything, helping Leroy get the registration out of the glove compartment.

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:04 am
by Laraqua
The man is not in uniform.

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:50 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"sir I am a police detective assigned to the city of Rye. I pulled you over for a very good reason. Now please let me see your license and registration or I will have to take you in and charge you with a crime." Meanwhile in the back of his mind he was trying to figure out a good reason for having pulled over the car but still could not figure out a good reason.

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:25 pm
by paradys
"Excuse me officer, but can i see some identification?"

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:05 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Charles sighed and pulled out his id badge shining the flashlight on it. "there now I have shown you what I got, you show me your license and registration or I will have to take you both in." As he said this, he placed his hand on the car door ready to open it if needed.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:20 am
by paradys
By this time Leroys senses are on full alert.

a plain clothes detective assigned to a small out of the way town like Rye? if you dont co operate, i'll find a crime to charge you with? jesus this stinks. Hes careful to keep the engine idling.

"Here you are officer" he says handing over the papers. "Do you mind telling us what we've done wrong?"

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:07 pm
by Laraqua
Leroy hands over the vehicular registration and a license (I'm assuming he hands over his own driver's license from his wallet and not white boy Carson's).

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:03 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Charles looked at the license and noticed that the license and registration were in different names. This time he figured that something was not right.
"Sir," he said to Leroy, "Why are there two different names on the registration and the license. Did you steal this car?"

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:55 am
by paradys
"No, of course not" says Leroy, getting some outrage into his voice. "The car belongs to my mate Carson here, but he was feeling sleepy, nodding off, so it seemed safer for me to take the wheel while he had a quick nap." Leroy smiles brightly.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:12 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Sir, the reason I stopped you was that there have been a string of murders including a recent one not far from where I got on your tail. You looked suspicious by slowing down and staring at me and when you passed my car a burst of staic occured. Now, where were you going and what interest do you have in watching local cops solve murder cases. Answer me quick, or I will have to bring you in and charge you with murder," Charles said.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:44 am
by OathinBlood
"We were driving to the observatory, officer.", Carson says, rolling his eyes.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:42 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Well if you say so it must be true." Charles said. "I am going to go run your license and registration right now and then will be back. Do not go anywhere."

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:20 pm
by Laraqua
OOC: Do me the favor, gentlemen, of writing up your priors. Do it like this...

Last Name, First Name
List of prior offences, starting with the most recent.

Joel and the Detective Sergeant both don't need to do this, obviously.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:09 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
do I do this or only Carson and Leroy?

OCC never mind I just read that I do not need to do this! DOH!

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:03 pm
by paradys
"Hey officer" says Leroy getting irate. "First off, nobody was staring at nobody. And second, to charge someone with murder I think you have to have something called evidence. You want to bring us in for questioning, waste your time, thats fine, because you aint gonna find jack."

When Charles walks back to his car, Leroy turns to Carson. His mind is still on Cynthias mysterious warnings.

"What do you think Carson, does this seem hooky to you? This guys just stopping people at random and charging them with murder? It sounds like the biggest stitch up since the bayeux fucking tapestry."

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:45 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Charles stares at Leroy since he has not yet moved to go back to his car. "First of all I did not charge you with murder or any crime yet although your mouth makes me want to put you in a cell for a nights cooling off at least. Second of all I did not just stop you at random but I felt like you could be a clue. Third and finally of all I do not know what the bayeux fucking tapestry is."

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:28 am
by OathinBlood
"Fuck off, officer. If you haven't got anything to charge us with, there's no reason for us to be pulled over on the side on the road and talking like it's tea time. We've actually got somewhere to be and things to do, so as much as we'd like to indulge in our pulling-random-people-over-for-no-reason urges, we really must be off."

[OOC: Here you go.

Boyd, Carson
Seattle, USA
Petty Theft, multiple charges over a long period of time
]

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Stay here both of you" Charles said as he walked back to his car. "Fucking aholes" he muttered to himself once he was far enough away.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:15 am
by OathinBlood
"You know what?", says Carson to Leroy. "Let's go. Seriously, what can he charge us for? We're not 'evading police', since he pulled us over without a reason anyways. Fucking state puppets."

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:49 pm
by paradys
Leroy grins wickedly.

"Well he still has your car registration and my license..but i guess we can get em back later. Anyway I just got out of a coma, and if that aint an excuse to get away with crazy shit.."

He takes off the handbrake and puts the car into drive, screeching as he pulls back onto the road.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:07 pm
by Laraqua
The cop car follows, sirens blaring and lights flashing. Do you attempt to evade him or do you merely drive to your destination?

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:14 pm
by paradys
evade, evade!

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:21 am
by Laraqua
The trio lose the cop car in the streets of Rye.

"Great, that was the smartest move," says Joel, leaning into the seat. "A black guy and a drug addict drive off on some dumb hick cop."

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:49 pm
by paradys
"If he was a cop" says Leroy. "Joel does have a point though, we're going to stand out like a sore thumb out here in the sticks. And the dibble know we're heading for the observatory. I'm thinking we should ditch the car and try and reach the place cross country, stay unobserved."

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:48 am
by Laraqua
A siren and lights, the detective has caught up with them.

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:40 am
by OathinBlood
Shit. thinks Carson. Do they still have time to drive away?

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:30 am
by paradys
If they do, Leroy puts the pedal to the metal.

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:39 am
by Laraqua
Coming up behind the suspect car, the detective got on his microphone and said, "Pull over and throw the keys out the window. Do it now!"

However, as the car is behind them, there is always time to attempt to accelerate away at high speeds.

Drive check.

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:41 pm
by paradys

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:57 am
by Mr Zombie killer
OCC:
I should hope he failed his drive roll since the below happened already yesterday and was posted on my thread but just to let you know what happened here it is:

Charles saw the car speed away and cursed. He put his pedel down to the ground and not only managed to catch up to them but swung around them and hit them on thier side causing a T-bone. He then pulled in front of the car blocking off its route to escape. Opening the door, he stood up and said, "Out of the car right the fuck now! Get on the ground!"

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:07 am
by Laraqua
OOC: It would be resisted anyway. As you're both players, it doesn't matter who rolled first. That's why I didn't copy that quote into this thread just yet. If he'd rolled particularly well, he might have managed to escape your attempt. Anyway, do continue ... y'all seem to be having enough fun, I don't see any reason to add to it just yet.

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:38 am
by paradys
"Fuck fuck fuck" says Leroy as he opens the driver door.

"Lets split up" he says to Carson. "Theres no way he can catch both of us." He gets out of the car and starts to sprint back down the street.

ooc: british police of course, aren't armed, so Leroy sees no reason not to run for it!

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:18 am
by OathinBlood
Carson dashes out the side door, running for an alleyway or any other small, out-of-the-way path.

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:59 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
OCC:
Did I not just put in my post like 2 days ago that I grabbed Carson and held him? How is it that 2 days later he gets to decide to run away?

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:17 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
OCC:
I am willing to continue to play this game but I need a response. I grabbed Carson in the other thread. I was told to post it here. It has been like a week and half since I did this. What is the holdup?

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:29 pm
by paradys
ooc: busy time of year i guess! surely oathinblood gets the chance to respond to your original post before you can just run up and grab hold of him? guess its up to laraqua to lay down a ruling.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 am
by Laraqua
Leroy and Carson run off before Charles can catch either on, disappearing down a laneway that erupts from between an opportunity shop and an Indian Takeout place. The laneway is lined with bins and in several places empty crates lay stacked against the walls. There is a sense for a moment of total unreality, of the world shifting into ash before their eyes, but with a blink the sensation is gone and they can still run. Charles does not appear to be behind them.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:45 pm
by paradys
Leroy takes the opportunity to slow down and catch his breath, also to try and think.

"So what do we do now?" he asks Carson. "I dont see how we can get to the observatory on foot without being collared. I gotta be straight with you Carson, I'm all out of ideas."

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:42 am
by Laraqua
"Did we tell him we were going to the observatory?" asks Carson (Oathinblood ain't playing far as I know). "If we didn't, he might not know... I mean, this guy's nuts. He's probably not even a real cop. He might not be able to get reinforcements."

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:44 pm
by paradys
Leroy nods thoughtfully.

"I guess we're as likely to get arrested trying to leave town as heading for this observatory, and seeing as we're here..."

He peers out of the alleyway, looking out for the police, and for a taxi rank or similar.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:25 am
by Laraqua
The opposing side of the laneway lets out on a house-lined street. They had already made it to the edge of the central part of town. The observatory can be seen, looming high over the other buildings. It's probably about an hour's walk away, more or less.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:46 pm
by paradys
Okay. Keeping an eye out for the cops Leroy will head for the observatory, keeping to the back lanes if he can.

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:21 am
by Laraqua
The two make their way through the streets. Rapidly, town streets lead to a winding cottage road that appears to lead to the observatory but then turns in another direction from it. Doubling back is an option to take the nearest road that goes in its direction or simply trying to cut through private property without being obvious is also an option.

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:05 pm
by paradys
"Well I say we double back" says Leroy. "The last thing we need is someone catching us on their property and phoning the rozzers."

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 am
by Laraqua
"Sure, makes sense," says Carson, trembling a little from all of the exertion, his eyes darting about. He probably was needing a fix right now, which is problematic, considering what they were trying to do.

Finally, the two come across the road that led up to the observatory. There was something about it that seemed wrong somehow, almost as though the very shape of it clouded the mind.