Page 1 of 1

HF - Lionel and Agnes

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:01 pm
by Laraqua
Its the Accident & Emergency main ward not far from the double doors. Only the paint is no longer peeling - it is a crisp white. More importantly, there are about three dozen men, women and children in rows of stretchers, clutching at their wounds and crying beneath their breath. Many are covered in dust, plaster, soot, blood. Most have minor wounds, some appear to be the victims of amputations, there wounds recently bandaged. There is no light from outside the windows or from elsewhere in the ward.

Re: Brianna and Ronald (Nobody read yet - tag to come)

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:08 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald slowly walks into the room with Brianna and then closes the door on Jason.

What the H-E- Double hockey sticks is going on here?

Ronald looks around for any attendees. He keeps a close eye on the door behind him for Jason.

Re: Brianna and Ronald (Nobody read yet - tag to come)

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:12 pm
by Laraqua

A woman enters the ward, dressed in an unusual uniform. "What was all that fuss about?" she asks crossly. She gives Ronald and Brianna an incredulous sniff. "You two hardly look injured."

OOC: History Roll.

Re: HF - Brianna and Ronald

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
History roll : (rolled a 5) pass

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:26 pm
by Laraqua
A nursing sister in that sort of uniform hasn't been seen for several decades. Her hairstyle, a rather common and simply style made with victory rolls at the front and a bun at the back, depicts someone from the 1940s.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:51 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald slowly approaches the nurse, losing his mind with each step.

Roll with it Ronald...Roll with it or check yourself in. The kid still needs you!

I'm fine mum! It's the wee one. She needs her pain meds lickety split. It's been hours since she last took em. Could you please direct us to the children's ward?

Ronald eyes the door behind him waiting for the scene to turn dark and meaty once again.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:58 pm
by Laraqua

"What do you think you're playing at, turn off that light, the Germans will see you. We've got broken window just over there and all." She fronts up to him, her chest puffed out. "Now come on then, out with that light!"

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:05 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Germans? Oops sorry Luv!

Ronald puts out the flashlight and takes a few steps closer to the nurse.

Of coarse. The bloody Germans...

Could you please direct us to the children's ward.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:00 am
by Laraqua

A fellow comes running up, a hooded torch in one hand, a wicked-looking rifle slung over his shoulder.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:16 am
by Mr. Handy

The man with the rifle is followed by an elderly man in a dusty gray suit. He has a couple of wounds that appear to have been bandaged recently (and quite well at that), including one on his head. He wears an odd belt and backpack, and has a cloth tied around his face to cover his nose and mouth. "Hang on, Daniel, we're coming!" he calls, huffing with exertion. When he sees the young man and the little girl, his eyes light up with recognition. They're wearing modern clothes! he thinks.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:33 am
by trixie
[Failed the history roll]

"Um......Ronald?" Brianna looks around the ward incredulously. "How'd this all happen?" She twirls around to see the closed door from where they came, staring at it as though she believed for all the world something horrifying would jump out at her.

Why are they yelling about Germans? And lights? What's wrong with the lights being on? I don't get it...

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald has seen enough World War II propoganda tapes to know an air raid when he sees one.

The children's ward maam? Oh never mind we'll find it ourselves.

I don't know sweety but keep your eyes peeled for anything weird. I don't think we're out of the woods yet. I think we're back in the hospital but everything's different.

Ronald walks with Brianna down the hall. He takes a second glance at the man with the business suit.

That's a little "power suit" for the 1940's. Stop looking at the man from 1999. Don't attract attention to yourself.

Ronald veers away from the man in the suit and (assuming this is the same hospital lay out) heads in the direction the old children's ward.

Remember.... we still don't know if the food is good. If I see you put anything in your mouth with out asking young lady! I swear I'll spank you in front of all these crazy.... world war II vets. And if this is the 40's nobody will even care. Parents used to beat their kids with cricket bats in the 40's.

Ronald smiles at Brianna.

I'd never do that kiddo. Just don't eat anything OK?

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Lionel hustles after the man named Ronald and the little girl with him. He removes the cloth from his face, pockets it, and gives them a friendly smile. He stands with his back to Daniel, the nursing sister, and Anna so that they cannot see his face. "Pardon me, sir, young lady!" he says. "Did either of you hear some screams a minute or two ago? You two seem to be a little...lost. Maybe I can help you find your way." He gives the two of them a knowing wink. "Oh, but where are my manners? Dr. Lionel Carpenter, at your service." He extends his hand, allowing his sleeve to slip down far enough to let them both see the digital watch on his wrist before he covers it again.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:40 am
by Laraqua

"There's something ... here, something come," he says, wiping his face with both his hands. He looks sidelong at Anna. "But there's too many of the living here, right?"

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:41 am
by Laraqua

"Snuff out that light," says the sister, coming over to wrench the torch from Ronald's hands. She doesn't seem to have noticed the air raid warden's odd behaviour or his rifle or perhaps she simply doesn't care.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, you should extinguish that torch," Lionel says to Ronald. "Just because Jerry's come and gone doesn't mean he won't come back. I don't think you want to create a scene, at any rate." He turns to Daniel. "I'm not sure what you're on about, sir, but perhaps you ought to sit down and take a breather. I think right now you could use a nice cup of tea." He still didn't seem to be getting through, however.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:51 am
by Laraqua

Anna moves to stand beside Daniel and places a hand on his shoulder. The two seemed like comrades, rather than their apparent introductions might have led Lionel to believe. "Not here, surely..."

Daniel raises his rifle to point at the store room.

"Now, now, not in here," says the sister. "You can't go pointing rifles in a hospital!"

OOC: Two more history rolls from Brianna and Ronald. The first recognises Daniel as an A.R.P. (Air Raid Precautions) warden - who shouldn't be armed with a rifle. The second recognises Anna as a W.V.S. (Women's Volunteer Services) worker - who might just have been given a handgun. Not sure what roll might recognise that the two guns are very modern as there's hardly a Firearms roll. I'll allow an Edu x 1 roll or whatever other roll you think is best.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:57 am
by trixie
DSIGFUSS wrote: Remember.... we still don't know if the food is good. If I see you put anything in your mouth with out asking young lady! I swear I'll spank you in front of all these crazy.... world war II vets. And if this is the 40's nobody will even care. Parents used to beat their kids with cricket bats in the 40's.

Ronald smiles at Brianna.

I'd never do that kiddo. Just don't eat anything OK?
Brianna looks up at him warily. Would he really not do that? So far he'd attacked her and stuck his finger down her throat after she ate a jam sandwich....she wasn't so sure she believed him.
Mr. Handy wrote:"Pardon me, sir, young lady!" he says. "Did either of you hear some screams a minute or two ago? You two seem to be a little...lost. Maybe I can help you find your way." He gives the two of them a knowing wink. "Oh, but where are my manners? Dr. Lionel Carpenter, at your service." He extends his hand, allowing his sleeve to slip down far enough to let them both see the digital watch on his wrist before he covers it again.
Brianna smiles cautiously at the man. She looks at Ronald uncertainly. Was he a good man or a bad one? There was no way to be sure....
"Um.....My name is Brianna," she says, still wary of Ronald and how he might react....perhaps I shouldn't have talked to him...

[O.C. History roll 61, History roll 87, Edu 6 (edu score is 9) rolled a 1d20...was that right?

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:04 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: I think you needed to roll 1d100 against EDU x 1.]

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Brianna," says Lionel. "We heard someone screaming a short while ago. It sounded like it was coming from downstairs. Did you hear it too?"

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 am
by Laraqua
The door begins to open. The A.R.P. warden and W.V.S. volunteer stiffen and point their guns. The warden sways a little as he does so - he seems unsteady, as though he were about to fall down.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel stands between Brianna and the door to protect her in case of danger. His hand rests instinctively on the grip of the taser. At the same time, he realizes that this might just be a normal person opening the door. "Remain calm, everyone," he says, quietly as he looks at the opening doorway to see what's on the other side.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:27 am
by trixie
Brianna knows what 'remain calm everyone' REALLY means by now.

It means something bad is going to happen. She moves behind Ronald and cowers, peeking through her fingers placed over both eyes every few seconds to see what's coming through the door.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:30 am
by Laraqua
+1 to dodge, history, listen & fast talk for Ronald.

+1 to dodge, history, spot hidden & psychology for Brianna.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:37 am
by DSIGFUSS
"Snuff out that light," says the sister, coming over to wrench the torch from Ronald's hands. She doesn't seem to have noticed the air raid warden's odd behaviour or his rifle or perhaps she simply doesn't care.
ooc - flashlight is already off.

Sanity check : fail

Ronald shakes Lionel's hand and introduces himself staring at all the hurt WWII characters as if he were dreaming. He knew he was out of time but it was still better than the hell he had come from. He thought for sure he and the kid were gonners.

Name's Ronald. How long you been here Lionel?

ooc - history checks

Ronald doesn't recognize any of the uniforms but the 40's is still the 40's. Everyone looks like they are suppose to with the exception of Ronald Brianna and Lionel.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:41 am
by Laraqua
The door creaks open wider and a charred monstrosity of a teenaged man kneels on the floor, clutching at the door handle. His neck pops as he tilts his head to one side and surveys the surroundings. He is lit up by the hooded torch in Daniel's hands. OOC: Lionel makes his sanity check. 0 sanity lost.

The hospital sister panics and staggers back. "Wh-what? He's dead!"

A few patients scream, several faint, a few others try to mount the walls. Most just watch, deathly afraid and confused.

Jennifer's rifle pops off a shot but in Daniel's confused hands the bullet goes wide, missing its mark by several feet. Anna's shot fares no better.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Quickly, get back!" shouts Lionel. He ushers Brianna and Ronald away from the approaching monstrosity. "Daniel, pass me the rifle! I'm a good shot!" He holds onto the machete with his left hand and the taser with his right to draw them if Daniel doesn't comply.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:25 am
by DSIGFUSS
Oh Crap-erjacks! It's Jason! He followed us through Brianna.

Ronald grabs Brianna's hand and turns his flashlight back on. He stands behind the others and waits to see what Lionel does. He's ready to bolt if Jason looks like he's going to get past the others.

Re: HF - Lionel, Brianna and Ronald

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:42 am
by trixie
Brianna tugs at Ronald's hand, trying to make a run for it.

She moans softly, eyes fixated on what was Jason, and pulling at Ronald's hand in terror.

Finally, if Ronald doesn't run too, she covers her eyes with her other hand, and peeks through her fingers every so often to make sure he's not gaining on her.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:42 am
by kabukiman
Agnes look amazed to the body. But she reacts and try to find something to use as a weapon.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:36 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald takes another few steps away from the crowd and Jason in an attempt to ease Brianna's fear.

Crowds are good. This palce has a tendency to get away from you.

Don't look luv!

Ronald eyes Lionel.

A good shot? Don't look at me mate. I play with puppets!

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:03 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Just looked through the new character sheets. There is no single Firearms skill, but rather five different skills for different types of guns. They are, with their base skills in parentheses: Handgun (20), Machine Gun (15), Rifle (25), Shotgun (30), and Submachine Gun (15). Agnes also has a total of 10 HP (Con+Siz divided by 2, with halves rounded up). Also, the base skill for History is 20%, so Ronald should have it at 21 rather than 11.

Is there enough time for Lionel to attack Jason before he gets to attack someone?]

"Then take Miss Brianna and run!" says Lionel. "We'll catch up to you!" He draws the machete with his left hand and the taser with his right, then hands the machete to Agnes. "Hang onto this, and get those two to safety." I'm not sure how effective the taser will be, he thinks, but this thing was human once, so it might still disrupt its central nervous system. I'll worry about explaining it later; first this thing has to be stopped!

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:55 am
by trixie
There was no need to tell Brianna twice. She turns around and runs the other way, finding the nearest door and ducking inside.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:52 am
by Laraqua
Jason throws himself at the floor and comes charging towards the nearer pair, Daniel and Anna in a disgusting crawl of snapping limbs and bleeding slime. Daniel lets out a girlish shriek and tosses the gun to Lionel. Anna snaps off a shot but it thuds into the linoleum a few feet away. Brianna finds herself out in the corridor. To the left is the Accident & Emergency area. To the right is a series of rooms, operating theatres and finally the stairs. It's too dark to see properly but if Mercy Cross hasn't been renovated much, she could probably find her way.

OOC: Lionel acted by giving orders and requesting a gun. It's a new round now.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:03 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Okay, thanks. I think you mean Brianna, not Dahlia. Am I within 8 feet (and thus at point blank range based on my Dex?). I'd guess I'm standing near Daniel for him to toss me the rifle, and Jason is rushing right at him so he can hold his fire until it's within point blank range. If it is point blank range, I hit, otherwise I miss badly. Let me know so I can roll damage.]

Lionel catches the rifle, slipping the taser into his pocket and raising the gun to his shoulder. He takes aim at the creature and fires.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:08 am
by Laraqua
The distance is too great and Lionel fumbles with the high-tech weapon, causing the shot to go wide. It hits the steel leg of a bed and rebounds.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:00 am
by trixie
Brianna bolts into the first door on the right.

[O.C. I would assume Ronald is hot on her tail considering he was holding her hand a moment ago, and the doc told him to take Brianna and run, but if not then clearly she dropped his hand and ran...dsigfuss won't be on tonight to know for sure though]

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:01 am
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald calls after Brianna but can't take his eyes off Jason and the sick noises coming from his body as he pops and twists.

Brianna wait!

ooc - Ronald makes sure there are at least three people between himself and Jason. If at any point Jason seems to be interested in Ronald, Ronald will rabbit after Brianna.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:18 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes try to go behind Jason and use the machete against his neck; maybe she can cut his head with that?

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:24 pm
by Laraqua
Agnes' raises the machete up and brings it down from her full height to his crawling height. attack strikes so close she removes a flap of skin that had been perilously close to dropping off anyway. Jason, however, merely scampers straight for Ronald who turns and promptly runs away.

OOC: Dodge roll, Ronnie!

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:39 pm
by kabukiman
Ok, so i run away and go after Brianna.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:10 pm
by trixie
Brianna peeks out the doorway, only to see Jason lunge for Ronald and turn a flock of them running in her direction. Oh no!

"Run Ronald! Ruuuuuun!"

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Don't forget that Ronald and Brianna get those two special large skill boosts for making it to Chapter 2. I'd recommend spending one of them on Dodge...

I'm guessing Jason is at point blank range now, since he's close enough to attack. Should I wait until after Ronald rolls Dodge before I make my attack rolls?]

After his first hasty shot goes very wide, Lionel takes more careful aim at the creature this time and squeezes the trigger.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Seeing Jason begin his charge, Ronald quickly starts his escape, dodging everything in his path.

Run Brianna Run! C'mon old man! You stick round here for much longer mate and something's bound tah eat your bollocks.

Ronald rounds the corner and reaches Brianna. He turns to see who, if anyone, is following him.

Stay close kiddo! If Jason made it through I bet those damn kids aren't too far behind.

ooc - if my dodge roll sticks with the added 10 points then this is what I do. If I fail my dodge by not adding 10 points to my dodge skill, then I scream like a little girl when something grabs me.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: I went ahead and rolled. Since the range should be point blank, I would only have missed on a malfunction given my skill.]

Lionel's shot, while not all that well-aimed, cannot miss from this close and delivers the creature a glancing blow.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:44 am
by trixie
Brianna runs into the room she's hiding in, and starts madly rummaging for anything that could be used as a weapon. She opens drawers, cupboards, bedside tables if there are any.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 am
by Laraqua
OOC: Which room? Check the A&E area. You were in the big wards room right near the front areas.

Ronald narrowly darts aside rather than getting entangled in a stretcher placed low to the ground. Jason crawls in his horribly ruthless way after Ronald, ignoring all of the others with a throaty, twisted snarl.

Daniel clutches at his head and falls to one knee.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Do my shots appear to have any effect?]

Lionel fires again at the monster as it crawls away after Ronald, scoring another hit that severely wounds it.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:49 am
by Laraqua
Ground Floor. 25. Resuscitation Area (obviously used for different purposes in these days).

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:22 am
by kabukiman
Is there a chair i can use to try to stop Jason (by smashing his head)?

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:19 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - sorry I'm confused. Is Brianna in Room 25 (the big one on the Ground floor map?) If so Ronald charges in after her with his flashlight on.

He's coming Brianna! Hurry!

As Ronald steps into the room, he quickly looks for a door with a lock on it and darts towards it.

Jason's coming! Brianna run!

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:11 pm
by trixie
[O.C. No that's where you guys are, 25 is the Resuscitation area, 2 big open rooms. Brianna ran out of there and turned into the first room on the left (as I posted before) which would make it the Triage. I am only keeping to what I already posted before I viewed the map. btw...it doesn't appear the Resuscitation area would have a lockable door anyways, the Triage perhaps as it's a room with a door. ]

Here's the map http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6894 ... lankx9.png

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:32 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - OK! So Brianna ran into room 17. I can't see if there is another door leading out of the room. Couple QUestions then.....

ooc - If Ronald runs into the Traige with Brianna will they be trapped in room 17? and is the door lockable? and how fast is Jason moving in that oh so disgusting way?

Either way Ronald runs in to get Brianna.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:08 am
by Laraqua
OOC: You can't see Jason. You got a head start. You'll enter the room before him. Triage is in the southern end of the hospital so it's in the surface part - that means there are windows. The door can be closed but not locked. There are people in there and nurses working by flashlight to sew 'em up. The hospital trolleys (with people on them) and various medical trays could be pushed against the door but they're fairly light and won't do much. No, the injuries don't seem to affect Jason - a certain someone stepped in his stomach and that didn't bother him either - but you are removing chunks of him so that'll help. As to chairs, Kabukiman, no, not in here, but there is a surgical tray nearby. You could grab a scalpel or even the whole tray and have at him.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Can I catch up to Jason and attack with the taser this round? Also, Agnes already has the machete Lionel handed her.]

This won't do at all, thinks Lionel, chasing after Jason. At this rate he'll eat that poor fellow before I finish killing him. I have to try to at least stun him. He slings the rifle over his shoulder as he runs and pulls out the taser.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:51 am
by trixie
Brianna grabs a scalpel from one of the nearby operating trays, and clutches it tight.

She's breathing heavy, eyes wide and looks at Ronald for direction.

"So? Where to now?"

[O.C. Oh dear...I think Brianna has Jason on her foot.... :oops: ]

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:10 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I wanted to use something really big to smash his head. Well, i use the machette to cut his hands; without hands he cannot grab anyone, right?
Agnes have the strange thought that maybe dad was right and she should married and have a nice life unstead of of being in that weird fight against a dead guy.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:51 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald stares at Brianna holding the scalpel in her tiny hands. H

Holy Crap-erjacks!

He grabs Brianna's hand and looks back for Jason. He feels sorry for all the people trying their best to help him. If he wasn't such an insufferable coward, he'd lend a hand.

Ronald calls out to all the people hustling and bustling about.

Run for your Life yah wankers! The Germans are in the building! Run! Run!

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:17 am
by trixie
Brianna looks back at Ronald in disbelief.

"What? What are you doing?" she whispers to him. "What germans?"

She clutches the knife tightly, keeping a watchful eye on the door in case it starts to shake from Jason's hand on it.

She looks at her feet then, trying to remember when she got goo on her shoe. It was all up the side of her leg. Ew....gross! How'd that happen?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:34 am
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald gets that rabbit look to himself again. It's been popping up more and more these days or hours or years. Who the H-E-Double Hockey sticks knows anymore.

He looks back for Jason.

There's no German's Brianna! I just need to get everybody moving before that bloody zombie comes bursting through this door and eats everyone's brains!

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:43 am
by Laraqua
Agnes stumbles and almost cuts off her own fingers. The zombie crawls rapidly out into the corridor.

Dex x 5 to catch him then a tazer roll to hit him.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:46 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Nuts! I made my taser roll a couple minutes ago since I hadn't heard anything, and it succeeded, but now I saw your post and failed my Dex roll. At least I have my taser roll in the bank.]

Lionel runs to catch up to Jason, but can't quite get there in time.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:03 am
by kabukiman
Ages try to help the people to get out of the room. If there is any children, she will help them first; but she keeps the machete.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:00 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Ronald really doesn't want to be trapped. Is there a way out of the room Brianna and Ronald are in other than the windows?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:48 am
by Laraqua
There are windows in all the rooms this end of the hospital. They are covered in black-out materials though and there are staff in that room who'll likely object to you breaking them.

As Jason is moving out of the room, Agnes doesn't need to remove the survivors just yet. As he is currently passing close to one hospital bed (the one Ronald almost tripped into) we can assume that Agnes grabs that bed and pulls it out of the way to be sure Jason doesn't kill the person on his way past.

Jason slips into the room that Brianna and Ronald are in, the soft patter of his charred hands hitting the linoleum, his mouth twitching open, as he makes his charge.

Now, Ronald could attempt to parry Jason's attack and then smash the window but if he fails his parry he can't dodge without losing his chance to smash the window. He could attempt to parry, then dodge if he fails the first, and order Brianna to do it.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:58 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Let me know when Lionel is close enough to taser Jason. Since I've only got 8 Dex, I probably won't get to try until after he attacks.]

Lionel continues chasing Jason, huffing from the exertion, his taser gripped firmly in his hand. Sarah would have been able to catch that thing, he thinks. Just as well that she's not here to see this, but I do miss her.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:49 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes decide to take a blanket or something like that and put it in the head of zombie so he will be temporarily blind, and the others may escape/attack as they will prefer.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:04 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Laraqua wrote:
Now, Ronald could attempt to parry Jason's attack and then smash the window but if he fails his parry he can't dodge without losing his chance to smash the window. He could attempt to parry, then dodge if he fails the first, and order Brianna to do it.

Ronald pushes Jason away but can't get his hands up in time to parry the blows. He cries out for help, knowing full well that what little there was left of that cheeky little wanker inside this twisted bloody shell of a boy was gone. He dives past Jason and hopes he could get another chance to escape with Brianna. Dodging past Jason, Ronald calls out to reason with the poor demon.

Jason! Please stop! We can help you!

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:00 pm
by trixie
Brianna swiftly moves to Agnes' side, "Can I take the machete for a minute?" she asks.

If Agnes gives it to her, she'll smash the windows next round.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:58 am
by Laraqua
Agnes throws the blanket but it misses Jason who utters a disgusting snarl before lurching toward Ronald again. The medical staff in the room seem startled into inaction.

OOC: Ronald, another parry/dodge.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel pursues Jason as fast as he can at his old age, taser ready to strike once he gets close. This is like no hunt I've ever been on! he thinks.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:07 am
by kabukiman
Agnes look puzzled to the child (Brianna) but agrees and give her the machete.
"-Be careful with that, it's a dangerous object"- and then understand the silly comment: the all situation is dangerous!

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald grabs a bedpan and holds it out in front of himself for protection. He holds Jason at bay with a firey determination on his face.

You sick twisted demon wanker! You can't have her!

Ronald parries Jason to the side and then hurls the bedpan through the nearest window leading outside, hopefully unto the streets of London. He prays for sunlight or moonlight.... anything but the black void he and Louie saw last time.

Damn you Louie!

Brianna through the window! Move it!

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:38 pm
by trixie
[O.C. In case the bedpan hits the window with a clatter and bounces off...]

Brianna takes the machete and smashes it through the window.

She rips the black out curtain and covers the broken glass, before starting to crawl through.

[O.C. Is this more than one round of action? If so, ok]

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:38 am
by Laraqua
Light, sound, screams, loud. Ears ring into bleeding silence. Ash in mouth. Back there? No, dust, plaster. All around, that terrible silence, engulfing. Warm, wet, sharp pain. Lifted up, tossed back down. Mouth open, calling out, screams that aren't heard by one's own ears. The world is blackness, then light, then blackness. Struggling to see. Dizzy skulls don't understand which way is up. Moments pass. The dust settles. Vision clears.

OOC: An unexploded bomb near the hospital just went off and your characters were caught by the blast. The description above is meant to represent the confusion for the characters. Luck Rolls from everyone or be pinned by debris. Sanity checks - 1/1d4+1. Second Luck Roll to determine damage - succeed on this one and take 1d3 damage, fail and take 1d6+1. Oh, and don't worry, Jason isn't destroyed ... yet. I wouldn't take that pleasure away from my players. :twisted:

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:46 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: So Lionel still didn't catch up to Jason? I'm presuming he's close enough to be caught in the blast.]

For the second time, Lionel finds himself in the path of a German bomb. Fortunately, he is not pinned beneath the debris this time. He is only mildly shocked and escapes serious injury. Shrapnel opens up a moderate wound on his shoulder as he is flung to the ground. He quickly scoops himself up and, taser in hand, looks around for Jason.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:17 am
by trixie
Brianna luckily avoids the falling debris.

She sheilds her face and screams from the explosion. As the dust settles, she blinks and looks around the room. "R.r..ronald? Um.....Agnes? Uh....doctor guy? Is everyone ok?"

[O.C. Sanity passed, 2nd luck passed, damage taken 1 (is the damage to hit points?)]

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:23 am
by Laraqua
The dust and plaster crowd the air making it nearly impossible to see. There is rubble and twisted metal hospital beds everywhere. Someone sobs "oh god oh god oh god". Somewhere else a person screams desperately. Someone nearer Brianna than anyone else ... snarls.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:30 am
by trixie
Brianna looks up wide eyed, still clutching the machete tightly.

What made that sound....was it Jason? Oh no!

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:01 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes was very lucky and escaped the debris, and with a minor shock, but she had suffered, some injuries. She barely could stand in her feet, bleeding and looking aimless to the scenario and trying to think.
"Funny, it's my turn to need help, and nobody else is able to do it."

OOC: i don't think our characters had been introduced yet. Since she has lost 4 Hit points and 3 san, what can she do?

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: Our characters know each other's names, as we've said them in front of each other. The only exception is that Agnes never gave her name. She only loses 2 hit points, not 4. The 1d3 was if you succeeded at the second Luck roll, and the 1d6+1 is if you failed. You don't lose both, so you only lost the 1d6+1. The loss of 3 Sanity is a shock, but she can still act and she hasn't been pinned by the debris either. She could even treat her own wounds with First Aid, but there may be others who need it more urgently.]

"I've had worse," says Lionel, following the sound of Brianna's voice and making his way towards her to protect her from Jason. "I can help you in a minute, nurse, once we deal with this creature. Is anyone else seriously injured?"

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:32 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Thanks for the info!

Agnes hears the man talking to her, and decides to act.
"-Go help your friend, against that... creature, i will take care of any wounded; by the way, my name is Agnes- she said with a sad smile. Then louder:- Is anyone hurt?"

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:41 pm
by DSIGFUSS
trixie wrote:[O.C. In case the bedpan hits the window with a clatter and bounces off...]

Brianna takes the machete and smashes it through the window.

She rips the black out curtain and covers the broken glass, before starting to crawl through.

[O.C. Is this more than one round of action? If so, ok]
ooc - Haha! Sure... if Ronald can't break it then I guess a 9 year old little girl could. :shock:

Ronald covers his eyes and ears from the blast. He blocks out most of the nonsense [/color][/url]whirling through his spinnig head and keeps his mind focused on the task at hand.

Gotta get Brianna away from Jason.

Ronald sees the celing collapse and does his best to shield Brianna from any falling debris. Unfortunately he can't reach her in time. He dives to the side as bits of ceiling and concrete fall all around him. [/url]

When the dust begins to settle and he hears Jason's growl through the rubble, Ronald quickly rises to his feet. Spotting Brianna, he lifts her up and through the window and then tries to climb through the window himself.

Run Brianna!

ooc - If Jason goes for Ronald, Ronald fails his dodge roll but makes his parry skill check if he is allowed one. (to stop jason from getting a hold of Brianna.)

ooc - sanity check passed, 1st luck roll passed, 2nd luck roll not required.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: I thought everyone had to make two Luck rolls. The rest of us succeeded at our first rolls and did not get pinned, but we still all rolled a second time and took some damage.

You're welcome, Kabukiman.

And, yes, Brianna loses 1 HP from the blast. She'll get that back as soon as someone applies First Aid to her.]

"A pleasure to meet you, Nurse Agnes," says Lionel, making his way through the blinding dust towards the snarling sound. He grips his taser, ready to attack once he finds the monster. "My wounds are minor, but there are patients in this room who sound badly injured, though I can't see them. Try to help them as best you can until I can get to them."

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:06 pm
by DSIGFUSS
[OOC: I thought everyone had to make two Luck rolls. The rest of us succeeded at our first rolls and did not get pinned, but we still all rolled a second time and took some damage.
ooc- I was kind of under the impression that the first luck roll evaded the falling debris. The second, if you failed the first, was to determine the extent of the damage. Which one was it?

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:40 am
by Laraqua
OOC: Mr. Handy's correct. The first and second luck rolls are unrelated. Also, for giggles' sake, everyone roll a 1d100. The lowest gets a special prize!

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:53 am
by trixie
60 for me.....*crosses fingers*

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:29 am
by kabukiman
Maybe i'm the lucky one?

Anyway, i will try to use first aid in any person who need it.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:53 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Ronald takes the lower damage from the falling debris

Roanld takes 1 damage.

ooc - specially lucky roll . rolled a 52.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:14 am
by Laraqua
Agnes feels something brush against her ankle, just above the strap of her low-heeled shoe, like a cobweb brushing across. Then her ankle is gripped and jerked backward, knocking her face first onto the floor as Jason struggles to drag her towards him and to drag himself free from the debris. A hunk of wall had landed on his waist and holds him down, but judging by the crunching of the bones in his spine, it won't hold him for long.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"No!" shouts Lionel, rushing to help Agnes. "Let her go!" He activates the taser, and a blue arc of electricity crackles between the contacts. He rams the taser into Jason's spine, sending hundreds of volts coursing into the monster.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:29 am
by kabukiman
Agnes scream terrified, and try to kick Jason, but in panick fails

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:50 am
by Laraqua
The tazer sends Jason's flesh into twitching spasms and his grip slackens, releasing Agnes.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:11 am
by kabukiman
Agnes immediatly runs to Lionel, and hides behind him. She is getting more and more scared: that strange creature who seems humans but isn't, the misterious weapon... But at least Lionel seems to be human and is friendly. And saved her.
-"Now, what?"

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:32 pm
by Mr. Handy

"The creature is merely stunned," says Lionel, shutting off the taser and returning it to his belt. He unshoulders the rifle and presses the barrel to Jason's head. Jennifer would know that shooting a zombie in the head is the way to kil it, he thinks. "But this will give us time to finish it off. We should cut its head off with the machete just in case." He pulls the trigger, putting a bullet in the thing's brain and causing significant damage.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:03 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes decides to after Brianna to get the machete.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:58 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald sees Lionel shoots Jason and almost feints from the gore. If he weren't so happy to see that little punks brain splattered all over the floor, he probably would have. Instead he just barfs a little in his mouth and swallows it down.

He calls back to Brianna.

Brianna! Come back... we got the dodgy bugger.

Ronald nudges Lionel in the shoulder and mumbles.

I meant you got em mate.... The wee lass doesn't have to know that now does she?

Ronald leans in even closer and whispers in Lionel's ear.

That was quick thinking... Lionel wasn't it. So tell me something old boy.. Where can a bloke find himself a turn of the bloody century power suit in the 1940's?

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:52 pm
by trixie
Brianna continues to wriggle out the window. The black out curtain serves well in protecting her from the broken glass.

"C'mon everyone! Let's get outta here!"

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Not on Saville Row, not in this day and age," Lionel whispers back, readying the rifle to fire again if the creature hasn't been slain. "I don't know everything about what's going on, but I'll explain what I know when we have some privacy." He calls out to Brianna. "It's all right, young lady, everything's under control here! It's likely more dangerous out there. If there was one unexploded bomb, there could be more. We'll let the nice air raid warden decide if the hospital should be evacuated, but in the meantime we need to stick together."

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:08 am
by Laraqua
A voice torn with pain and confusion screams from close within the hospital. The scream is inhuman, unnatural, a scream splintered by the voices of many screamers, all lingering in the air not too far away.

Outside the crumbled external wall, for Brianna and the others, the world is light and smoke. Flames churn through buildings as firemen struggle to put them out. Craters filled with water are suckled by long hoses to dampen the fire and burn out incendiaries. A messenger boy rushes past on a bicycle to give the firemen news. There is something eerie about the world out there - totally unfamiliar - London on fire, London bombed, London destroyed. Something heard about but not yet experienced. How could this be London? London was safe ... is safe ... in the time that should be and yet isn't yet there.

The group are standing on the rubble of the collapsed wall. A doctor's arm and shattered skull are visible beneath a cluster of bricks. The surgical trolley had been whipped by the blast against the wall and the patient lies groaning on the floor.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel engages the safety and slings the rifle over his shoulder again as he runs to the fallen patient. "Someone should keep an eye on that thing," he says, "just in case." He is dismayed at the sight of the dead doctor, but he knows he has to fill in. He opens up the medical kit and begins to treat the injured patient. "It's okay, I'm a doctor, and I'm here to help you." He cleans and bandages the wounds, producing a little improvement. He checks to make sure that it's safe to move the patient, and if it is he gently places the unfortunate person back onto the trolley.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:23 am
by Laraqua
The nurses, shaken and fatigued, brush the plaster from themselves and come to take their places, sterilizing instruments and readying the surgical tray. One of the nurses has a broken nose, blood and snot streaming down her face, but she doesn't seem to notice.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:36 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel falls into his position with ease. "Okay, let's get triage started," he says. "My new friends and I have only minor injuries; these patients need medical care now. We'll sort them by priority, and I'll deal with the worst cases first." He turns to the nurse with the broken nose. "Nurse, your nose is broken and bleeding. Are you sure you're okay to keep working? If you need help yourself, there's no shame in it." He helps organize the nurses and looks around for the patient who needs the most urgent aid.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:00 am
by DSIGFUSS

As Lionel rushes around the hospital, Ronald smells the fresh air. He is completely dumb struck by the light. As if in a dream, he slowly runs his fingers through his thin wavy hair, dropping speckles of plaster wood to the floor He puts one leg over the window and then the other and hops out into the open air. Ronald stands next to Brianna and dusts himself off. He reaches out and grabs her hand and finally takes a long deep breath, taking in the chaos and the light as if they were pictures in a museum.

Crap-erjacks.... We are so buggered kiddo!

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:06 am
by Laraqua
Everyone may add 2 skill points to their character sheets (for Kabukiman's sake - you mad add two skill percentiles to ANY skill of your choice - this time, I mean ANY) for such brilliant and decisive roleplay.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:24 am
by trixie
Laraqua wrote: Outside the crumbled external wall, for Brianna and the others, the world is light and smoke. Flames churn through buildings as firemen struggle to put them out..........How could this be London? London was safe ... is safe ... in the time that should be and yet isn't yet there.

The group are standing on the rubble of the collapsed wall. A doctor's arm and shattered skull are visible beneath a cluster of bricks. The surgical trolley had been whipped by the blast against the wall and the patient lies groaning on the floor.
Brianna looks about, startled, taking in her surroundings with awe. She jumps when she hears the groan so close to her, then looks down to see an arm from beneath the bricks.

She slowly starts to back away from the arm, wide eyed and confused. The machete is still gripped tightly in her hands, but she is somewhat unconscious that that's what she is holding.

"Ronald....I....we're.....what is this place?"

[O.C. Did Agnes climb out the window too?]

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:27 am
by kabukiman
I take gently the machette from her hand, take her out of the window, and tell her she is in the best hospital in London and give it (the machette) to Lionel, and then i will help any patiente who need it (i think it's more urgent now). I will make first aid to the person who most need it. And i ask at the same to Brianna:
- So is it the first time you came to London?

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:53 pm
by DSIGFUSS

ooc- Sorry guys, but I think Brianna and Ronald are outside watching the streets of London. So if Agnes wants the machette, she will have to climb out onto the street with Ronald and deal with Brianna. (I double dog dare you. Once the kid gets ahold of something that causes pain, good luck trying to pry it from her) hahah!

ooc- Ronald puts two skill points on Dodge.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel calls out the window to Ronald and Brianna: "Please don't go out there, you two! You'll be safer staying here with me, and I still need to treat your injuries. I understand you're confused, but I can explain things in due time." He looks the patients over and finds the one who needs care most urgently. He sets to work, doing a decent job and repairing the worst of the damage. He nods to Agnes. "Good job, Nurse Agnes. Thank you for your assistance."

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:19 am
by Laraqua

"What the hell is going on in here?" asked the air raid warden, coming in.

Agnes recognises him as one of the friendlier wardens, always apologetic when he had to reprimand someone for not carrying their gas mask or for revealing a little light around a black-out curtain. Not only that, but his handsome appearance (APP around 14) often sent some of the nurses in a titter. She also remembered something about epilepsy being the reason why he couldn't go to the front... Many nurses thought his epilepsy was a blessing from God, there being so few young British men around over the age of 18.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Ah, there you are, Daniel," says Lionel. "Good to see you're all right. Feeling better, I hope? I'm afraid you've missed all the excitement. I pursued the creature into this room when a nearby unexploded bomb went off. I managed to finish off the bloody thing, and now I'm helping the wounded. Ronald and young Brianna climbed out the window; I'm afraid the poor lass is frightened. They're not badly injured, but it isn't safe for them outside. Where did Anna go?"

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:57 am
by trixie
Brianna shakes her head when she hears him yell out the window towards them.

"Nope. I'm not going back in there. I've seen enough of this hospital to last a lifetime. We barely got out alive, right Ronald?"

She begins to walk away from the window, looking about in fascination at the scene on the streets.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I decided to divide the 2 points by Ocult (Agnes just learn that zombies really exist!), and by dodge.

-Daniel, take care of those two before they hurt themselves outside- says Agnes with a firm voice- I cannot leave the patientes.
And then to Lionel:
-I'm not a true nurse, only a volunteer.
And then in alow tone, so she cannot be hear by anyone else:
-Where are you from? Nobody have weapons like that, not even the germans, or they would have use it. And that creature...

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:07 pm
by DSIGFUSS

You said it kiddo!

Ronald follows Brianna out onto the Hospital sidewalk. He takes in the air and then looks back through the open window of the hospital at Lionel helping everyone and taking time to watch out for him and Brianna as well.

We can't just start over here Brianna. We're in some serious trouble. I think we're going to have to go back and talk to Lionel. I think he might know something. We can stay out here for a little while and enjoy the sunshine if you want.

Ronald squints his eyes and looks up into the sun.

Just for a little while........

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:07 am
by Mr. Handy
[OOC: I was under the impression that the sun has already set, and that the light is coming from the fires. I could be wrong, though.]

"You mustn't sell yourself short," says Lionel to Agnes as he works on the next patient in line. "You're doing such a fine job I couldn't tell the difference. The work you do as a volunteer is very important and admirable. We've all got to do our bit, eh? You know, you remind me a bit of my daughter, Sarah. She's a nurse too. As for that creature, I've heard a few odd tales here and there, but I'm not certain what it was. Near as I can guess, it was some kind of zombie - the walking dead. Well, crawling, anyway. I shot it twice in the torso, but it didn't even slow the thing down. Putting a bullet in its head seems to have done the trick, though. I do have an idea of where it might have come from. I can tell you more and answer the other questions I'm sure you have once we're done treating the patients, Daniel retrieves Ronald and Brianna, and Anna catches up. There's a lot to discuss and I'd rather not have to explain things twice. We'll find a nice private room and have a chat over tea while I patch us up." He finishes bandaging his patient's wounds, helping a fair amount.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:43 am
by Laraqua

"What the hell is going on here?" Daniel complains, clutching at the unusual rifle. "Oh, dear God, it's moving..."

Jason twitched, the bones in its spine snapping, coming loose in one jerk. It paused as though gathering its strength ... or perhaps that final piece of damage had finished it.

Ronald realises that the sunrise he thinks he is watching is merely the glow of a terrible fire further down the road. He catches word of a few rescue workers coming over to the hospital of a paint factory that has gone up in smoke. Still, the sky is lightening into a dark shade of blue. Dawn couldn't be that far off.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Great Scott, it's still moving!" calls Lionel, unshouldering the rifle. "Here, I'll make sure it stays down." He takes aim at the monster's head and fires one more shot, connecting and causing massive damage.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:52 am
by Laraqua
Jason's head shatters like a watermelon, leaving a grotesquely moving jaw mounted to a torn neck. Burnt flesh sloughs off that neck as it's right hand moves out at a twitch, takes purchase, than heaves itself forward.

OOC: That was your turn, Lionel. The others still gets theirs. Just indicating that the creature ain't down yet.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:06 am
by DSIGFUSS

The shot from Lionel'srifle, jerks Ronald back to attention. Instinstively, he puts an arm over Brianna. He looks back inside the window and the sound and smell could only mean one thing.

Jason.. Oh bloody H-E-Double hockey sticks!

Ronald watches the window and all the people shuffling about. He's paralyzed with fear. He closes his eyes for a second and prays...

Please god. Don't let Jason crawl out that window!

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:13 am
by trixie
Brianna startles at the shot, and then hears the moans coming from the window on the other side.

"No WAY!!! I'm not gonna go back in there Ronald!!! NO WAY!!!"

She darts out from under his arm and looks at the window fixatedly, then turns to run.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:22 am
by Laraqua
The very asphalt is warm enough for her to feel through her shoes. The incendiaries that dangle from the trees hiss their flame. It seems almost as dangerous outside as in.

Agnes has seen corpses that look like Jason, their heads gone, their limbs a wreck, yet never moving. A thought flashes through her mind. Is it in pain? The thought seemed odd ... almost as though it were not her own.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:19 am
by trixie
Brianna continues to run, warily looking about at the outside world.

There can't possibly be anything worse than that hospital....like there just couldn't be! Right?

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:29 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hold on a sec Brianna.... Jason can't get us if we're out here! Let's see if Lionel can handle him once and for all.

He calls out to Brianna a s she runs away.

Let's just see what happens! We have to talk to someone.

Ronald follows Brianna.

Re: HF - Lionel and Agnes

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:26 am
by Laraqua
Jason's corpse continues to twitch as the other two run away.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel holds the rifle in his left hand while taking out the taser with his right. He knows the sight of the device in action will probably startle Daniel, but the creature has to be stopped before it hurts anyone. He activates it again, and once more the blue-tinged arc of electricity forms and the crackling sound emanates from it. For a second time he lunges forward and drives the taser home, sending current flowing into the creature's spine.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:30 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes look at that awful body, and then decides to use some brick she may find from the rubble, and try to smash the head for good: she hit it, making some damage.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:44 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It's stunned again," says Lionel, "but only temporarily. Shooting and beating it doesn't seem to stop it. We need to subdue it on a longer-term basis. Perhaps if we inject it with sedatives?"

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:51 pm
by kabukiman
Why don't we use some ropes or anything else to imobilize him? Then, we may try to find some solution, without being always worried with him.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:55 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Good idea," says Lionel, "though it may have the strength to break those bonds. Daniel, do you know where we might find some ropes? In the meantime, we'd better inject it while we can." He looks through the medical supplies in the room for some sedatives.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:12 pm
by kabukiman
"Do you really think that some liquid will do anything, when all those bullets didn't?"- Says sceptically Agnes.
She take some sheet, cut it, and try to bond the creature with his arms in his backs.
"This must do until Daniel come with something better".

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:21 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I honestly don't know if it will work," says Lionel, rooting through the medicines, "but I know that shooting it only seems to enrage it more. It's as if that agony keeps it going. Hmm...maybe some morphine will do the trick. There's got to be some here."

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
Morphine? I don't know if we still have some, will all those injured living persons. And i think it's a waste to use it with that thing, when others really need it.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Perhaps you're right," says Lionel, still looking through the medical supplies. "If nothing else works, we can always cut off its limbs. Miss Brianna took the machete with her, but I'm certain there's a bone saw around here."

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:06 am
by Laraqua

Daniel just stands there, one hand on the doorframe, looking shocked. It seems that all of his air raid training hasn't prepared him for this. He slowly looks up, his right eye twitching in confusion, then he turns to go as though to fetch something.

There are a variety of cutting implements in the room though it isn't nearly as equipped as the operating theatres themselves would be. Unfortunately, there's no bone saw, but a bludgeoning object to snap the bones would allow the limbs to be torn off (0/1d3 sanity to disassemble a twitching corpse with your hands).

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's try sedatives first," says Lionel. He turns to the nurses. "Would whichever of you can run the fastest please fetch some from storage?" If Sarah were here, she could do that, he thinks. "I'd rather not dismember this thing if I don't have to. Daniel, please help Brianna and her friend and bring them back here. They went out the window, and I'm worried about them."

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:36 am
by Laraqua
The senior nurse peers at Jason with a look of disgust and confusion but does as she is bid, sending off a junior nurse into the safety of the hospital. Lionel remembers with a flash of insight that doctors were treated even more grandly in the olden days. If questions were to come, they would come much later. Then again, perhaps it was the prudence of war that held the questions at bay while this situation was sorted out.

"When this is sorted, might we tend to these people in the operating theatre?" is all the senior nurse asked.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, of course, Nurse," says Lionel. He watches the corpse carefully in case it stirs again and prepares a bludgeoning instrument in case he does need to break its bones while he waits for the junior nurse to return with the sedatives and for Daniel to retreive Brianna and Ronald.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:11 am
by kabukiman
-Well, until the nurse come with something, i will help some injured persons with first aid.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Lionel. "I'll help too in just a moment." He pushes the rubble onto the creature's back to make sure it stays pinned down and then washes his hands again to prepare to help more patients, making sure he watches Jason for any sign of movement.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 am
by kabukiman
Ok, if you need anything, just tell me.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, you could help Daniel bring Brianna and Ronald back inside," says Lionel. "I also need someone to find a bone saw in case the sedatives don't work, and I need someone to watch the creature carefully and let me know the instant it moves." Once he finishes scrubbing, he patches up the next patient in line, repairing much of the damage.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:09 am
by kabukiman
-Well, that's 3 different thing your asking me- says smiling Agnes.
-I will look for the saw, and then you will tell me your story- and she leaves trying to find one, until she grabs one.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:33 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel smiles back as Agnes leaves to locate a bone saw. "I merely meant for you to choose one, of course," he says. "Some of the other nurses here can do any other required tasks."

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:10 am
by kabukiman
Several minutes latter, Agnes return with a saw.
-"I hope it will serve, and with our "patiente" condition, we don't need to sterilize it.
Could you tell me your story now?"

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:44 am
by Laraqua
There are no more injured people within the room. If Lionel wishes to patch people up, he would do better to use the fully stocked operating theatres.

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:05 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right," says Lionel to the nurses, all the while watching the corpse for any sign of movement, "start moving the patients into the operating theatre. I'll be in once the creature is finally put to rest to treat them." He takes the bone saw from Agnes. "Thank you, my dear. You may go with the others or stay here, as you prefer. Once that nurse comes back with the sedatives, I'll try them on the creature. If they don't work, I'll use the saw. I'm glad we don't need to use it on the living. A day will come when medical science has advanced enough that limb amputations will be quite rare. I'll gladly tell you my story later, but I'd like to gather everyone involved first so I don't have to keep retelling it. In the meantime, if you want to remain here, I can treat your wounds."

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:35 pm
by kabukiman
-I will stay here, too look for him (and she nods to Jason).

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
[OOC:Agnes is now back to 10 out of 10 HP. With my medical kit, I heal 2d3 HP instead of 1d3 when rolling 1/5 of my skill or less. Since Agnes had only lost 2 HP, there was no need to roll 2d3 because even the minimum would heal her fully.]

"Very well," says Lionel. He treats her wounds while she watches Jason and does a great job, restoring her to full health. "There you go. Good as new!"

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:56 pm
by Laraqua
The nurse returns, panting. "There have been too many casualties. Our supply of painkillers is almost gone. There was none in the storeroom and I can't track down the rest."

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you anyway, Nurse," says Lionel. "I understand. You may help move the patients into the operating theatre once you've caught your breath. Well, there's nothing else for it but to use the bone saw, then." He puts on a pair of gloves, takes the saw, and begins amputating Jason's limbs, starting with the arms.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:08 pm
by kabukiman
-Thank you very much doctor. I feel indeed much better! Now let's see your other patiente...

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

"You're quite welcome," says Lionel as he saws off Jason's arms and legs. "I'll go with you to the operating theatre once I'm done here, but I'll need someone to watch the body parts. I'm not certain they won't move independently. The best thing may be to burn the corpse."

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:31 am
by Laraqua
"Isn't it already burnt?" asks one of the nurses.

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Ah, yes," says Lionel, "but I meant it should be burned to ashes. Cremated."

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:41 am
by Laraqua
"I don't know a place to cremate bodies," says the nurse, shocked.

Agnes: Idea Roll to remember a place that does it.

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:00 am
by Mr. Handy

"I know it's a bit of a shock," says Lionel, "but it's the only way I can think of to put this poor creature to rest." But will it truly rest? he thinks. The world was awash in ash in my time, and this thing followed Brianna and Ronald from then. Will its ashes float strangely through the air, seemingly seeking...something?

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:13 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Past the test.
Agnes remembers a place where they burn things and may serve the purpose.
-Well, you have near the hospital an old factory with a furnace and it is still active; i think it may serve.

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:46 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Capital idea!" says Lionel. "If there's anyone there, I don't think they'll believe us if we tell them what happened. But as a doctor I command a certain amount of respect. We can put the body and the limbs into a large sack or something and bring it there. If anyone asks, I'll just tell them we must cremate the body as a precaution because it might be diseased and we need to keep it from spreading. Don't worry, I don't think it is - but anyone at the factory will likely want to keep their distance."

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:33 am
by kabukiman
"-Well, now that you finished, we may transport it
Agnes look for a bag and then with an unusually caution, put the several parts of the body in the bag.

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, that will do nicely," says Lionel. He helps her load the body parts into the sack. "Let's tie it up nice and tight, just in case they start moving again. We should bring Daniel with us, and Anna too if we can find her. It always helps to have an additional voice of authority, and they've both seen this thing and know how important it is that we dispose of it."

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:11 am
by kabukiman
I think they were both after your friends, outside the hospital. Shall we go also?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, let's go," says Lionel. When he finishes putting the body parts in the sack, he ties it shut. "Perhaps we can still catch up with them. We'll be back as soon as we can to help the rest of the patients," he tells the other nurses. He and Agnes carry the sack towards the hospital's main exit.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:31 pm
by kabukiman
-Do you have any idea where your friends could go?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:45 pm
by Mr. Handy

"No, but I hope they haven't gone far," says Lionel. "They seem a bit lost and confused, and I'm not sure they know where they want to go. I think Brianna was just afraid to be in the hospital after what happened. Maybe they'll be waiting outside for us."

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:55 am
by Laraqua
The true exit faces the complete opposite direction from the direction others went.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:05 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's take the exit that's in the direction the others went," says Lionel. "It's also less heavily trafficked, so we'll attract less attention if we go that way. If they aren't waiting out there, we can check the other side of the hospital for them."

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:52 am
by Laraqua
The hole in the wall will empty them out onto that street. Otherwise, the first floor entrance points closer in that direction.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Why don't we just exit through that hole?" says Lionel. "Brianna and Ronald went out the window near there. Just mind the debris and we should be okay. If they aren't there we'll circle around to the first floor entrance, and failing that the main entrance."

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:08 am
by kabukiman
"-I agree. It isn't very proper to exit by any other way than the the door, but since we are in a quite extraordinary situation, it is the best solution. And be careful with that thing; it would be very embarassing to explain why we are with a human in bag."
Agnes try to avoid any debris, and go with all the carefull she can.

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:10 am
by Laraqua
Ronald and Brianna are talking to the air raid warden, Daniel, and a Women's Volunteer Service worker, Anna.

OOC: If you approach, join Ronald and Brianna's thread.

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:51 pm
by kabukiman
joined ronald thread