Ash - Nurse Sarah

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Ash - Nurse Sarah

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Is the helicopter going to land? If so, where?

There are some flashlights in the helicopter.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think we're landing in the open area in front of the library, but [b]Cael[/b] is the one flying.
Sarah starts handing out flashlights, giving one to her father and keeping another for herself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
OOC: Yeah sorry about that. In front of the library I guess.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sarah's mobile phone starts ringing as the helicopter sets down. When she answers it, there is garbled static that ends in a loud shriek that leaves her ears ringing and her stomach wrenching with nausea. A dribble of blood runs down her nose as she sways in place for a moment and then she is free of the strange effect.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"That's probably Charlie calling," says Lionel. He gasps when he sees blood coming from Sarah's nose. "Are you all right?"

Sarah nods and applies a cloth from her bundle of medical supplies to stop the nosebleed. "I'm fine now. Is everyone ready to get out now?"

"Yes, I am. The same thing happened to Charlie when he tried to call you, only worse. Let's not try that again." He takes Sarah's arm and waits for Cael to give the okay.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

"Oooohhhhh.....the suspense!" Dahlia puts her hands to her cheeks overdramatically, and looks out the chopper window. "I kinda don't even want to leave the chopper, except I have to go to the bathroom so bad!"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

DSIGFUSS wrote: You stick close to me OK?
"Gladly!" Brianna exclaims, as though it were an obvious agreement, "After the wet kids, Ronald, I'm stickin with you always. Except I guess if you try to tie me up and stick me in a hole like Louie did. Then maybe I'd run away from you and hide, but otherwise, its you and me til the end. Right?" She grins. "This time don't make me throw up on your sneaker though. Deal?"
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael nodded to Stephen as he relinquished the controls, "You hear blood gurgling screams and the sounds of people being ripped apart... make sure you don't leave! Even if I have to feed the kids and the old man to whatever is out there, I will be back!" Cael chuckled after his serious, deadpan face expired.

Grabbing his gear, including a battle rifle, pistol, ammo for both weapons plus miscellaneous supplies, Cael opens the door to the chopper and looks out. "Well this sure as shit ain't Kansas."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

Lionel covers Brianna's ears with his hands, but of course it's too late to keep her from hearing. "Language, young man," he says to Cael.

Sarah and her father gather their things and link arms. "Right, I'm ready," she says. She looks back at Daniel, Annie, Phil, and Aidan. "Are any of you coming with us?"

"That's right, I did go to the library specifically because you said to meet you and Daniel there, Annie. The other me needs your guidance. We're definitely over the rainbow, all right. I know I can't go home yet, but it'll do me a lot of good to see Sarah and Brianna again. And this me will get to see Agnes again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald, holding Brianna's hand, steps out of the chopper with Lionel and Sarah.

We're coming. I'd like a chance to try and figure this whole thing out too. Maybe I can help.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A flew blurred figures stand not far from the entrance to the library. It hurts the eyes to gaze at them.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

Sarah waves to the figures as she moves closer with the others. "Daddy, it's Sarah!" she calls.

"Yes, and I'm with her," says Lionel. "I'm you from the future - sort of. Agnes, are you there? Brianna and Ronald are with us too, along with some other friends."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald turns on his flashlight and approaches, trying to get a closer look and see with his own eyes who the figures were. He mumbles to himself mostly.

What? Old man and his crazy... It can't be....
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael simply racked a round in the chamber and lifted his weapon into firing position, making sure to thumb off the safety. You just couldn't be to careful and with these guys hootin' and hollerin' there was no telling what else might come in calling to the noise.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna stares wide eyed. "What!" She shouts incredulously. "How come I'm over there and here! How can that be! And Cael what do you think you're doing!"She stares at the gun, shocked, "You're not actually going to shoot me are you? I mean...future me! Not AGAIN!" She fist punches the gun out of the way, then starts hitting him with her fists balled up, tears streaming, "STOP IT! STOP IT WITH YOUR STUPID GUN! STOP!"
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael lifts the weapon so the muzzle is pointed straight up and looks to Ronald, "Can you restrain her? Hate to have to actually shoot something with her pounding on me. With all the noise that we've made, not to mention the chopper to begin with, only the Gods know what kind of attention we've drawn. Just because those people there might be you, don't guess for a moment that it is until you are 100% sure it is. Until then everything is a hostile."

Cael then nudged Brianna off him and moved to take point, setting his rifle back into position, he began to move forward at a half pace.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"Nobody's going to shoot anyone," says Sarah, hugging Brianna. "Cael is just being ready in case there are monsters around, right?"

"Monsters..." says Lionel. "That's right, we look like monsters to them! I remember now! They only recognize Ronald, Brianna, and Dahlia. And our voices are distorted, so they can't hear some of our words." He calls out to the people in front of the library. "It's okay, we're human. Don't believe your eyes. Tell them, Ronald. Don't worry, Brianna, nobody's going to hurt you."

Sarah nods. "If anyone tries, they'll have to get through me first. I'll always protect you." She speaks to the shimmering people outside the library as she and her father approach them. "Daddy, listen to him, he knows what he's talking about. He might not look like you, but he's you."

"The other you isn't at the library anyway, Brianna. You disappeared on the way there, remember? It's just the other me, Agnes, Jill, Charlie, and...uh, someone else. And I am 100 percent certain it's us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Oc Sorry guys but this moment was due.

"Your stupid gun and your stupid shooting!"
Brianna continues, in hot pursuit of Cael. "You think you're protecting but all you're doing is shooting innocent people! I was one of those innocent people! And you SHOT ME IN THE BACK! I'm not letting you do it again!" She follows after him, continuing to beat on him over and over again. Her voice is choked and ragged, and tears stream down her cheeks.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald lets Brianna vent for a short time before shouting. He always though that sort of thing was therapeutic in small doses. But now Brianna was appearing to lose it. He couldn't blame the poor kid, but this was not helping...

BRIANNA! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

Ronald tugs back on her hand. (Which he had never let go of! And won't unless Brianna turns and beats on him) He pulls Brianna off of Cael and kneels down in front of her.

He won't shoot if it's you kiddo will you Cael!

Ronald looks to Cael.

Be 100% before you shoot Cael! We don't know what might happen if you hurt someone out of time. And if anything happens to Brianna...

Ronald knows his threat is empty, but says it for the kid's sake. A strong wind would likely blow Ronald over and he had no false sense of grandeur that he could take a fully trained Soldier.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"He's not going to do it ever again, Brianna," says Sarah determinedly. "It was my fault he shot you anyway, and he's learned his lesson. I know what it felt like because I experienced everything you went through. When he shot you, I felt the bullet hit me too. Cael knows if he ever shoots an innocent person again he'll lose me forever."

"If we look like monsters to them, maybe they look like monsters to us," says Lionel. "Even if you think it's a monster, it could be one of us. The other me will be stepping forward in a moment, I think. They heard every word Brianna said, but not what Sarah and I did."

Sarah nods. "The dust only hurts monsters, but it doesn't affect people. If there's a monster, use that." She looks back at the people outside the library. "Ronald, Brianna, and Dahlia, you're the only ones the others can recognize, and they can probably only hear the three of you clearly. You three will have to explain to them what's happening and tell them what we need them to know. We'll tell you what you should say, and then you can repeat it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter Two”