Brianna & Ronald

Moderator: Laraqua

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Brianna & Ronald

Post by trixie »

"Uh...........Ronald? I think I found......the.....um.......heater? Maybe? But there's another door!"

She passes through the tiny room with the machines and tries to open the next one.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

A low, wailing siren can be heard in the distance as she opens the door out into a brown brick corridor. There is a distinctive whistling sound and then a whump! The place shudders and flecks of plaster and bits of brick fall down.

The 'children' from behind the door start banging at it, struggling with the door from Ronald who now stands in the dark.

The flashlight Brianna holds flickers and when it comes back on, she sees a wet little girl standing out in the corridor, a door opened to the left of her.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald hears Brianna say the word door and lets go of the door handle. He dart backwards and already commiting the hall to memory, he drags his hand along the crumbling wall as he runs. As he rounds the first corner leading to the now open hidden brick door, Ronald grips the corner wall and launches himslef around the corner in a panic. He spots some of Brianna's light and moves towards it. When he enters the hall, Roanld struggles to make out anything along the walls and floor. His heart is beating so quickly he just can't focus on anything but Brianna's safety and the new soaking wet little girl in the hall.

ooc mechanical check: Fail badly ( I think the metal boxes are rice cakes)

Ronald quickly spots the new door.

C'mon! Run!

Under the light of the flashlight, Ronald is disgusted with the crumbling scenery. He, however has no time to ponder the physics of it all. He grabs Brianna's shoulder to get her moving and runs to the new door. Ronald turns the door handle and hopes for the best.

Stay away from us!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door behind had opened soon after they left. Footsteps thumped the floor behind him, easily beginning to catch up. The door opens easily, revealing a stairwell, and behind them little children giggle.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"EEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!!!!" Brianna screams as she follows right after Ronald and then scampers down the stairs.

"Run Ronald! Faster!!!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The stairs lead ever onward and upward. Brianna, being already ahead, easily makes it up the steps ahead of the children that follow. Ronald must succeed on three Dodge rolls to escape the children's grasp if he intends on running.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc-you mind if we slow this down a bit? Not to be a pain, but if we were going to get out of this we had to play smart. The point of getting to the door was to establish another clear route with the children behind us again instead of all around us. Ronald would have tried to close the door behind him just like he did last time.

Door to Door. that's how you move when you want to survive an apocalypse. Ronald would have shouted loudly for Brianna to give him the flashlight. then they could move slowly up the stairs with their backs to the top of the stairwell and the light on the kids keeping them in place. That was Ronald's plan at least.
"EEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!!!!" Brianna screams as she follows right after Ronald and then scampers down the stairs.

"Run Ronald! Faster!!!"
I think Brianna is behind Ronald anyways. Anyways tell me what you think and I'll delete this post. If you still want the three dodge rolls

here they are :http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1313356

If I get the flash light then Ronald will slowly move up the stairs backwards with the light on the children.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ronald takes hold of the flashlight and turns, halting the children again in their step as they throw open the door. Behind them comes a sickening wet crunching, cracking sound and the stench of burnt meat floats up again to assail their nostrils. In the distance there is another squeal and a whump. Vibrations run up their feet and legs and more plaster and bits of brick drift down.

OOC: The Dodge rolls were only if you were gonna make another break for it.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald quickly backs up the stairs with Brianna, keeping the light on the children. The sounds and the smells make Ronald's head spin. Ronald finds some inner strength he had been saving deep inside him. He straightens himself up.

All I've ever tried to do was save this little girl. Well you can't have her!

When the children are at the furthest disance the light will reach down the stairs, Ronald runs for it.

C'mon Brianna. Move!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The two are almost on the landing when the children are out of sight and range. As Ronald turns, the footsteps begin to pound the stairs behind them. There is a door barely three feet away. A plain wooden door, not the white doors that are normally found in hospitals. Another Whump! sounds further off. More drifts of plaster.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

When Ronald reaches the door he quickly turns to flash his light on the children running up behind him.

Open the door Brianna! Quickly!

ooc- I'm with Trixie. She says she opens the door while Ronald keeps the children at a good distance away down the stairs with the light.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens into a darkness beyond dark. There is the sound of sniffling and snorting coming from out there. The scent of blood and dried pus, of burnt meat and old bandages, disinfectants and bleaches. Another whump! Another series of vibrations. Somewhere, out there, glass shatters.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna slowly backs through the doorway. She feels frozen inside. It didn't seem like inside the staircase was any better than into the hallway. Both sides had their troubles.

She whispers, "Ronald. We're in big trouble I think."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald partially vomits in his mouth. His fear takes him and he closes the door at the top of the stairs.

Crap-erjacks! We can't go out there.

Ronald holds the light on the frozen children, probably ten or twelve feet down the stairs. His heart pounds in his chest and he tries something new. He takes a deep breath.

They're still children... I think?

Ronald tries to reach out to the children in the most adult voice he can muster.

OK kids! I just wanna talk. I'm gonna turn off the light and if I hear anyone coming up the stairs I'm gonna turn the lights back on and we're gonna have to take a time out. OK? Now please tell us what you want.

Ronald turns off the lights and listens for the sound of feet coming towards him. If he hears anything he turns the light back on.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We want to play a game," says the children. "A game of hide and seek. A game of chasey. Any old game. I think our old play mate wants to find you..."

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna screams a blood curdling, bone chilling scream.

"Turn it back ooooon!!! Turn on the light! Oh god they can talk!!! Aaaaaaaah!!!!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Dammit kid!

Ronald flicks on the light to keep Brianna from screaming.

OK. Calm down Brianna! Listen kiddo. we're really screwed here. If you can't calm down, these kids are going to get us. We're gonna try this one more time. Brianna stay behind me and don't you dare scream. You hear me? This is really important.

Ronald turns back to the frozen kids.

Sorry bout that. Brianna's not gonna scream this time right Brianna?

Ronald turns his attention back to the spooky demon children and grips Brianna's hand tightly. If he thinks she's about to scream again, Ronald squeezes it and sshhhh's her.

What's your old playmate's name? Maybe we're old friends.

Ronald turns off the light and hopes for a reply.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We don't know," says the children together. "But he's coming to find you... He's very cranky that you let us have him." Tiny feet turn and run down the stairwell away from Ronald.

The sound of snapping bones and further waves of the stink of burning meat flow up through the stairwell. Something had entered the very bottom and was scraping its way along, something that slithered and snapped.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ah crap-erjacks.

Ronald hesitantly turns on the light and shines it down the stairs at the slithery scraping mess of whatever new monstrousity this evil evil place just caughed up.

What now? Damn you Louie!

Get ready to move kiddo!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A shape, a figure, a silhouette. Roasted flesh slithers and cracks. Bones, glistening, snap forward, revealed, hidden, by tendons that pull and contract. An arm reaches up, the elbow displayed, the hand clamping firmly on a step. Its head twists to one side, mouth gaping, hair burnt off, face a mass of scars but still recognisable - Jason - it propels itself up onto the next step, a weird hop, a disgusting lump that shudders shiveringly forward.

Return to “Chapter One”