Louie

Moderator: Laraqua

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Louie, Ronald and Brianna (Piano man, dsigfuss, trixie)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Laraqua wrote: We had nothing to do with this," said Doctor Sutcliffe with an airy sniff as she begins loading one of the shotguns. "We were merely prepared for it. Is it our fault we didn't expect anything of this intensity? Is it our fault the government wasn't similarly prepared? The information was out there for anyone who wanted to know."

Before Louie gets back from his treck out in the hall, Ronald continues his conversation with Doctor Sutcliffe.

But you knew about it.... what was going to happen? Even had time to prepare for it? Didn't you? Tell me what you know Doctor...... please!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"We knew about another problem, that is all," says Doctor Sutcliffe. "These preparations have nothing to do with what is currently going on and thus we are actually quite ill-prepared. If you really think we knew exactly what was going on, don't you think this room would be larger? Or that our families would be in it? My husband is dead, Mr. Ronald, as are my children and grandchildren. I hold no illusions on that matter. If I had a choice, they would be with me right now but I don't, do I? To be honest, we only have food for a couple days with all of us in here. Less than a day if we did save those children. And then what? What should we do? Just go for a walk to the local supermarket? The human race has already lost. We're already dead."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ok fine! You were preparing for some other apocalypse. Now what the H. E. - double hockey sticks was that bit about me and the children. Why did you say that?

In all honesty, that comment hurt Ronald deeply. Every second thought he had since, flashed back to that accusation. Whatever prompted Doctor Sutcliffe to attack him like that, Ronald wouldn't let it rest.

[O.C. - It's fair if Louie comes in after Doctor Sutcliffe answers this question if Louie was only gone for a minute.]
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Brianna is still lost in her own thoughts, watching Edgar intently. She glances up every so often at the doctors and nurses, glad to have Ronald standing in front of her, and for the most part, ignores the conversation entirely. She wasn't really sure what apocalypse meant anyway. Alls I know is, I don't like these doctors. I'm glad I'm not here with them all by myself.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Louie enters and lays down. Sutcliffe moves over to him. The two nurses, now armed with handguns, turn to Ronald and Brianna, gesturing as they speak

"We'd better get out there," says the first nurse, swinging her hands up in an effusive gesture and firing off a shot. It goes wide, [url=
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1200010]her shot hitting the door frame[/url].

"Let's go." The other nurse, simultaneously, uses the gun as though to point at the door but the gun goes off, biting deepinto Ronald's shoulder.

"Agappa." Sutcliffe tsks and starts swinging her rifle up to aim at Louie.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Louie's eyes grow wide as he sees the gun pointed at him.

"Ok..Ok I'm not going to do anything. What's going on, don't hurt Brianna. Shit is Ronlad ok? Look I don't know what happened in the minute that I was gone, but I'm sure we can work this out."

Louie is still laying in the bed staring wide eyed at the rifle. It occurs to him that he still has the shotgun laying in bed with him. Then it occurs to him that he's not that fast or stupid so he takes his hand off of the gun.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Owww!

You shot me, you stupid git!

Ronald hits the floor and pulls Brianna down with him. He stares at the woman who shot him and tries to get a sense of wether it actually was an accident.

Louie! Brianna! Get Down!

Ronald takes cover behind one of the gurneys and reaches for the shot gun he threw on the floor earlier.

God I hate guns!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna screams in surprise. She hits the floor, falling on top of Ronald as he yanks her down, and winces. She rolls to the side, tears streaming down her cheeks, and crawls behind one of the gurneys as well, still crying uncontrollably.

"Ronald! Ronald.....(sobbing).......oh my gosh......"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There are no gurneys or cover of any kind. There is only one bed, embedded within the far right corner of the room, upon which Louie lies. The shotgun is nearby but you realise with a horrible sinking sensationthat the gun Ronald had grabbed from her hands was never loaded.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald hold his wounded shoulder and stares up at the nurse from the floor with contempt, burning in his eyes.

You shot me! Why did you shoot me? It'll be OK Brianna, just stay behind me!

Ronald looks at Louie and waits for his move.

What do you want from us?

[O.C. Ronald readies himself to dodge if the nurse points the gun at him or Brianna again.]
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks over at Ronald with concern, and says with a pleading sound to his voice.

"Ronald....keep quiet. I mean man they have guns, and they shot you already."

He addresses Doctor Sutcliffe.

"Please just leave us here. Ronald isn't a threat, none of us are. We need each other to survive. That's all we are trying to do. Just like you. Leave us if you want, but please don't hurt us. Look at Brianna, she's terrified. I've known you long enough to know that you wouldn't want to scare a child. I'm begging you please...let the three of go."

Louie is fighting back tears as he pleads for his friend's life. He is the first adult to truely treat me like a friend. I can't let him go down like this. We're like Luke and Han.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Sure, you can both stay," says Dr. Sutcliffe with a wry smile. She takes down another pistol, this one a dart gun, and loads it cautiously. "You two have a choice. Two darts or a syringe?" She gestures to the administrator who draws out two syringes.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna has stood up since the doctors started eyeing Ronald and Louie. They didn't even say they were sorry!

"IT'S NOT VERY NICE TO SHOOT SOMEONE YOU KNOW!!!!" she yells at the doctors. She stands there staring at them incredulously.

In a fit of rage, she charges doctor Sutcliffe and starts beating him with her fists. "HOW DARE YOU! YOU'RE SO MEAN! YOU'RE NOT GONNA GIVE THEM A NEEDLE! I WON'T LET YOU!" She punches over and over, madly crying and screaming her words. Tears stream down her cheeks.
Last edited by trixie on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Laraqua wrote: "Sure, you can both stay," says Dr. Sutcliffe with a wry smile. She takes down another pistol, this one a dart gun, and loads it cautiously. "You two have a choice. Two darts or a syringe?" She gestures to the administrator who draws out two syringes.

Louie bolts upright with the shotgun as the doctor turns to get the dartgun. He points the shotgun at at Doctor Sutcliffe, and says" Dontaga....I mean don't move. No one is taking Brianna away from me. Now tell them to put their guns down and move away from the door and no one gets hurt."

He slowly rises to his feet keeping the gun trained on Dr. Sutcliffe. "They may shoot me but not before I drop you. Your in charge here so tell them to listen. We will leave and you never have to see us again." Do you feel lucky punk....well do ya

Occ Louie already made sure the gun was loaded in the hall when he met the...........
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald lifts himself up to his feet. His knees shake with fear and his shoulder pounds with pain. When Brianna charges the doctor, Ronald gathers up every ounce of courage he can muster. With the empty shoutgun, he grips the barrel with both hands and raises it over his head like a baseball bat. Ronald loses a bit of his confidence, remembering how the outfielders used to move in every time he was up at bat.

Get your hands off the girl you maladjusted wanker!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Dr. Sutcliffe sighs and turns to Louie as Brianna beats at her legs. She places her hands on Brianna's shoulders to carefully wrench her away, the dart pistol clasped in one of her hands.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie watches as Dr. Sutcliffe pushes Brianna away. He stares her in the eyes and lifts the barrel of the gun. Louie speaks, his voice cracking at first.

"So what's it going to be. You going to let us go, or do I have to shoot you? Brianna get behing Ronald."

Louie starts to circle around towards the door. Keeping the gun pointed at the doctor the entire time.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Dr. Sutcliffe looks profoundly sad. For a moment, she is a lost daughter, a grieving widow, a bereaved mother. In her face is etched all the pain, misery and confusion of the situation. "I am willing to make this sacrifice." She fires her tranquiliser dart into Ronald's leg and then goes to reload her gun.

OOC: You each have one round to act before she reloads. After this round, Louie must roll Con x 5 to stay awake, and if he fails, then Con x 4, Con x 3, Con x 2, Con x 1. If he can stay awake 20 rounds, he will have shrugged off the sedative.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie lowers his shotgun with tears in his eyes he looks at Brianna.

"I'm so sorry Brianna. I can't kill someone..I.....I.....I just can't do it."

Louie drops the shotgun onto the bed and waits for the dart. Oh I hope this doesn't hurt too much
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna seethes with rage at having been flicked aside like an annoying bug. She shrieks in frustration.

She shoves the doctor hardagain, this time putting more strength in. "Leave us alone!"she shouts crossly.

She sees the gun laying on the ground, and bends to pick it up without thinking twice. She holds it awkwardly, looking it over then, and then slowly looks up at the doctor.

"Leave us alone! Or I'll......I'll shoot!" Brianna stands only a few feet from the doctor shaking and red faced in anger.

Return to “Chapter One”