Moderator: Laraqua

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Imme, SuAside, Trixie

Post by imme »

[OOC-Sorry, no internet this weekend.]

Jill grabs one of the knives from the cart. "I'll stay here, too." She's been guarding these children for so long (or so it seems), that she can't imagine leaving them now.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

A nurse, ash stuck to her blood-stained clothes, comes stumbling into the stairwell, thick ropes of blood dangling from her nose. Its Daniella, a perky Philipine nurse who always could drink everyone else under the table.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Everyone away from the stairs!" hisses Sarah as she retreats hastily from the stairwell and rejoins the others. I nearly ran right into her! she thinks. "She looks just like Carson, but if she's still building stuff and doesn't try to attack us it's best to leave her alone and get everyone up the ramp. Less risk, less bullets used, and less noise to attract more of them. If that's the case, I'll just run past her. Aidan, you've got a torch, so you should come with me." Sarah stands at Dianne's side with her weapons ready, watching Daniella carefully for any sign of hostility.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheKingInYellow »

Aidan nods in agreement, setting down his briefcase somewhere he knows he can get it easily and setting the axe down on a desk. "Someone should hold on to this; we may need it to get to the roof."

Addressing Sarah, he draws the light from his belt, holding it in his left and his weapon in the right. "Okay then... Let's hope there's still time."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You should use the axe," says Sarah to Aidan. "That spike looks kind of awkward to use as a weapon. Leroy gave me his roof access key, but it'll be good to have that just in case. Once I'm sure Daniella's no threat yet, we'll run past her up the stairs. I'll go first, since I'm the fastest, and you can back me up if I run into trouble."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheKingInYellow »

"No!" Aidan exclaims excitedly. He calms himself and then starts again. "No... I need to hold onto the spike... I don't know why, but they seem to be afraid of it. It... It will work better than the axe."
Hammond
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Hammond »

Hammond puts her hand on Sarah's arm before she heads off. "Please darlin, don't walk by that abomination. I've seen a few of these creatures. They seem to be obsessed with building. They appear to be trying to stop us from going places. Walking by them is like walking by a rabid dog. Even if you get passed unharmed what is going to stop it from attacking one of the children. Tanar told me once that you can't kill these things, but I'm betting you can chop them up. That way it can't harm anyone. You seem to be in charge here, and everyone respects you deary so it's your call."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah just shrugs to Aidan, then turns to Dianne. "If that chopper leaves, we'll all be trapped here with those things. I have to get to the roof fast to tell them to wait. If we shot her we could use the axe to chop her up, but I hate the thought of doing that to Daniella even though it's no longer her. If you think you lot can handle her without me and Aidan, I'll start racing up the ramp. Aidan, follow me as best you can, but I must go ahead. If I scream come save me, 'kay?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Hammond
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Hammond »

Hammond nods at Sarah."You're probably right. Ok run, but be careful. When your out of the way I'll try to deal with this thing. Jill take the children into one of the rooms. They don't need to see this. I still need an axe, or something to dispose of her with." Hammond shudders and then takes a deep breath. " Ok go now before I lose my nerve."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Without hesitation, Sarah takes off up the ramp towards the third floor and, ultimately, the roof. "Aidan left his axe on that desk!" she calls back as she runs upwards at top speed, hoping Aidan is behind her but not looking back. I know I'm running headlong into danger, she thinks, but I've got no choice. She clutches her weapons, hoping she doesn't have to use them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Daniella is no longer there.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Dahlia stands in the hallway dumbfounded at the woman that just came from the stairs, and stands there panic stricken for a moment. She clutches Middles and pets him for comfort, then pulls two knives from the tray Sarah suggested and backs up. She looks at the adults with fear in her eyes and tries to find somewhere she could hide. She scuttles behind a desk in the nurses station and stays there, trying to calm her breathing from its raspy, fast momentum.

Damn this ash in the air! I feel like I can't breathe!
Last edited by trixie on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah picks up speed and bounds up the ramp, unaware that Daniella is no longer there. She constantly has her weapons ready and her eyes and ears searching out the perils she imagines are lurking behind every corner. There could be more of those things like Carson and Daniella, she thinks, trying not to panic, or another one of those parasite-infested creatures like Mark had become might grab me and snog my face off. Or... she gulps, Lyle could be hiding, waiting for his chance to take me. Or there could be something even worse I haven't even thought of. Her pulse races as fast as her legs do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Before Sarah realises it, she is at the door. The sound of the helicopter dwindles.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

Jason continues his search for a fireaxe (and anything useful he might come across), but stays well clear of "Daniella".
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The shadows seem to thicken as those two adults leave, encroaching on the feeble flashlight and the few candles Alisha handed around. The sound of the engine abruptly cuts out. The sound of the footsteps of those going upstairs seemingly end.

A child-like voice begins to sing from the Children's Ward:
Please, little maiden, close your eyes...

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason sighs and heads for the Children's Ward, to make sure the other kids aren't waking up.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He notices the other children in the room, Billy, Corey, all standing and watching him as he walks. Jill seems sore and weak, Dahlia looks about as cold as he feels, Alisha is nowhere in sight, but the other children all seem somewhat too ordinary.
"For daddy is coming with a big surprise..."

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason silently walks to where the voice is coming from, as he takes his time to look around.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Dahlia shivers in her hiding spot, listening to the steps Jason makes as he makes his way into the Children's Ward. She shudders at the child's voice.

Oh no.....This is too much like that REALLY creepy movie I watched at Andrea's slumber party last week.....when the little kid sings.....things get REALLY scary...........

She wrestles with the backpack and begins to pull all the clothing out. If she's going to sit here hiding, she may as well be doing something to help herself feel warmer. She pulls each article out to unfold it in front of her. If there are any pants her size, she pulls them on.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments

Return to “Chapter One”