Leroy in the End Game

Moderator: Laraqua

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Joel, Leroy and Nurse Sarah

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel hums lowly to himself to calm his nerves and tries not to let his eyes wander too far off what is directly in front. He wants to get into the gift shop as soon as possible, and all these distractions are just slowing them down.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

Despite shining the torch around, Leroy doesn't see or hear anything.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1263718
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1263721

ooc: oh shit!
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Joel and Leroy move onward through the cold, ash-swept streets. The ash seems to have cleared somewhat, allowing a view into the depths of the rusted iron carcasses of the other vehicles and the shadowy recesses of the half-built structures.

The glass windows of the cafe become visible but they are smeared with some sort of brownish-red substance that makes it impossible to view within. The metal window frames are thick with an orangey-brown rust that blooms like pus from a leaking wound. The wooden doors, peeled and cracked, are partly opened. Inside is the dark gloom.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Leroy walks slowly over to the doors, nudges one of them open and shines his torch inside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The blast of a gun can be heard several dozen yards away in the direction of the hospital doors.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Looking to Leroy, Joel says, "The chemical reaction of this ash stuff on the cars and buildings is amazing. It can't be healthy for us. Probably end up developing skin cancer and respritory disease."

As they approach the building, Joel asks, "Is this the gift shop? Is this where my mum is?" His attention is suddenly taken by the sound of the shotgun in the distance. "Another one bites the dust, eh Obi-Wan?" He looks toward the hospital but can't make anything out at that distance.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

ooc: i think the gift shop is attached to the cafe? What did Leroy see when he shone the torch inside?

Leroy brushes some of the ash from his hair and grimaces.

"I feel like i could shower for a month and never get clean." He looks anxiously in the direction of the gunshot. "I guess Louis got himself in trouble - or finally went radio rental."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The light flashes through the gap between the two doors on the pitted and scarred ruins of the linoleum and the counter beyond. Chairs have been knocked aside, some have broken. A table lies on its side, a mess of food splattered on the floor just above it. There is most of that rust-coloured fluid on the floor, but it seems thicker somehow. The gift shop is to the left on the inside of the cafe. The rest of the structures were to be an extention to the kitchens/eating areas.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel reminded, "You know, you to still have that two-way radio. You can ask him if he's alright." He peeked through the door and shined his own light in. "Nasty... is that blood pooled up on the floor?" He shined around some more and said, "You know what I noticed? No bodies... still, no bodies."

He pushed past Leroy and entered the cafeteria, heading toward the gift shop. He wanted to call out for his mother, but the thought of giving away their location to whatever crazies were out there kept him silent.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Joel's feet clatter on the raw tiles that are barely covered by the pitted linoleum. He breaks a plastic coffee cup underfoot and notices the gore-streaked counter looming large before him. He turns toward the gift shop, his flashlight shining across the nooks and crannies of the shelving. Everything was in an advanced state of decay.

There was another part of the gift shop that he could not see from this point. He would have to move between the partition that blocks half of the gift shop from the cafe.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The boy's heart is beating so loud he can feel it in his throat. What did he expect to find in there? He felt his mother survived the initial blast of the storm, but where would she have hidden to be safe? He wasn't sure. He didn't expect to find her in the gift shop, come to think of it... and wished she had talked to him more on text via the cell phone. Then, Joel's eyes lit up. He fished out the cell phone he took from the ambulence and turned it on, then plugged in his mother's phone number and mashed the dial button. Instead of putting the phone up to his ear, he put his ear to the winds ... trying to hear the phone ring somewhere within this building.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A mobile phone sounds from around the partition in the gift shop.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel has a shortness of breath, and his throat starts to hurt again, probably from the hyperventillation drying out his throat. He looked to Leroy and motioned with his head toward the partition.

The boy lifted the phone to his ear as he slowly and as quietly as possible moved toward the partition to peek around it.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Leroy grimaces as he stares around the gore strewn room. He couldn't help but feel that something terrible had happened.

"Be careful not to step in any of the fluid" he whispers.

When the phone rings he comes to with a jolt and moves towards the partition, standing on the opposite side from Joel.

Of course, it occurs to him, we have no real way of knowing who sent us those text messages..
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Joel, Leroy in the End Game

Post by Laraqua »

Joel's mother steps out in front of him. Her eyes widen at the sight of him and she smiles a little, her face beautific.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Mum? Is it you? Is it really you?" Joel asks as he shuts the cell phone and tucks it in his pocket. "I've been so worried..." He takes a step forward. Although he wants to run into her arms, he has the nagging doubt that perhaps she might have been infected. One step suffices for now ... he waits to see her reaction... waits to hear her speak...
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Leroy puts his hand cautiously on Joels shoulder.

"Theres something behind her," he says "she seems to be..attached to something."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A low hiss sounds from behind the partition and a pig-like snuffle. Black, greasy cords, bulging and pulsing, have entered Joel's mother's back and hold her a few inches from the ground, the points of her toes swaying a little as they brush the linoleum. A black, thick ooze seeps down from the corners of his mother's mouth and the whites of her eyes bruise before their very eyes.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Ok... I'm thinking another Sanity Check would really be appropriate at this point.

Sanity(65) (1d100=86)

And a FAILURE!!! Let me know how much Sanity I should be losing for this abomination to everything I held dear.

If it applies... here's my Idea roll.

Idea Roll(75) (1d100=18)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Oh Smeg!" Muttered Joel as he gawked at his mother. His jaw dropped in shock.

ooc: more to come soon as I know the result of my sanity loss.

Return to “Chapter One”