Leroy in the End Game

Moderator: Laraqua

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Joel, Leroy and Nurse Sarah

Post by ImpInTraining »

A look of concern crosses Joel's face. "Plenty of places to hide out there," he says looking out at the jam-packed cars. "If we're leaving the ambulance, we should take what we need while we're here. We could use some of the blankets, load them up with stuff, and carry them over our shoulders like a bag. And I've got this rope around my waist. We could tie off to each other so no one gets lost."

Joel opens a soda from his pillow case and starts to drink it. He's got to keep hydrating without that IV in his arm. "Anyone fancy a drink before the big, mad dash?"
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

"yeah, we'll have to move as quick as we can without running. I'll take a drink, cheers." Leroy suddenly realises how hungry he is. I hope the gift shop has snacks, he thinks. "I don't like the idea of being tied together though, that could end in disaster. I say we do single file. I'll go ahead with the torch and fireaxe, and louis can watch our backs with the shotgun. And on the way we'll keep our eyes open for a truck."

ooc: i don't know how much more Leroy can carry, he already has both hands and his pockets full!
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Obi-Wa... er, Leroy, do you need a flashlight? There are a few back here," Joel says checking each of them to make sure they work.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Okay Joel, it sounds like you should be in charge of supplies."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Supply us up," says Louie.

Each person in the ambulance only has two hands to hold things. Louie should probably need two hands on the heavy shotgun to keep it steady. Pockets don't carry very much either.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Ok, so Leroys definitely carrying as much as he can at the moment. Sounds like Joel should go with his idea of filling up a blanket. Perhaps the shop has rucksacks or bags with shoulder straps?

looking through imps list i vote for trying to take - the drug and tool boxes, flares, heating packs, band aids and bandages, the batteries from the other flashlights, pen flashlights and flares. leroy has one of the two way radios on him already.

if the tool and drug boxes are light enough i reckon we can sling all this in a blanket for now and fill up a rucksack later. we should wait for laraqua to okay it though.
Last edited by paradys on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sounds fine. You just need to have some hands free to carry it. Two hands should be enough to carry it but it'll be damn heavy. The toolbox would be one of those heavy 1.5ft x .75ft or something and a few kilograms. That way they'd have all the basics covered. There was a wheelchair knocked on its side not far inside the Accident & Emergency rooms. The rest of it is easy enough. To take ALL of them, you'd need a large backpack. To take only a few, you could use your pockets and the like. The flares, though, would all be too unwieldy to carry in someone's hands, though a few could be put in someone's armpit.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

could louis carry the toolbox then put it down if he needs to use the shotgun? all the rest of it then i reckon joel could carry in a blanket ( making some assumptions here imp but you can correct me if i'm wrong ). or leroy could fashion some kind of belt to slip the axe into. be nice to have it ready though.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Regarding the drug box ... it's not so much something you can carry as it is a locked up cupboard within the ambulance. We could probably break into it and take the drugs... but really, what's the point of carrying a hundred bottles of assorted drugs when you have no training on any of it?

I'm going to look over my list and paradys suggestions and come up with something here momentarily. I still need to know the answer about the surgical masks, the gloves (size-medium), and the two silver blankets that Harvey said were already taken. Never did find out if the cell phone was working. If it was I'd have tried to get word to my mum that we were on our way ... just so they didn't shoot us by accident as we came in.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I answered the former in a PM: yes: not sure if you got it. The mobile rings out.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ok, here it goes:

On the stretcher: 1 bag rock salt (50 lbs), Tool box, oxygen tank & cannulas, 5 quarts of sterile water, regular radio, four road flares, rope, all wrapped in a wool blanket and tied down with the spider straps. We let Louie push this stretcher, and lay his shotgun on top of the load. So if something nasty comes, he stops pushing and grabs up his shotgun. So long as we don't have to go up or down steps, this can be a one-man operation. But it will probably be easy enough for two men to carry all of this (if the second man puts the bag he's carrying on top of the stretcher).

In one wool blanket (carried by Leroy): saline, sanitizer, alcohol, 3 heating packs, 3 cold packs, syrup of ipecac, 4 cans of soda.

In the second wool blanket (carried by Joel): Spare batteries, stethoscope, the three boxes of rubber gloves (small/medium/large), bandaids, gauze, ace bandages, 1 box of face masks to prevent contagion, cell phone.

Joel is going to wear the pair of gloves to keep his hands warm, and put on one of the hard hats... in the event a helicopter comes crashing down. He'll carry a flashlight in his free hand. He's also going to make one of those makeshift ponchos out of the blanket he's currently using like Leroy did, and tie around his waist with the nylon cord he took from inside the hostpital.

Louis has one of the 2 two-way radios, and 2 pen lights to fit in his pockets.

Leroy has one of the 2 two-way radios, and a regular flashlight.

How's that look?

Oh, sorry Laraqua... I didn't see that PM for some reason. Thanks.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No need to apologise. 8) It happens.

Louie is fine with that arrangement. It all seems to be in order. And are those the sodas you nicked or do ambulances carry soda? :shock:

paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

that seems like way too much stuff to me, bearing in mind -

leroy has no hands free

does louis want his way blocked by a stretcher if it hits the fan?

are we gonna use it all? i'd rather be light and fairly mobile
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Yes, the sodas are from the hospital. Just transferring them over.

Why doesn't Leroy have a free hand? How did he plan on carrying a blanket as a bag without a free hand? We could use the 30m of nylon cord I have tie off the ends of the blankets to keep them from falling open when we need to drop them.

Honestly, I don't think it's too much in sense of weight. I know Joel's pack couldn't weigh more than 15-20 pounds (6.8-9.1 kg), and the other pack might weight 30-35 pounds (13.6-15.9 kg) at most. The heavy thing is the stretcher, but it's got wheels. It probably weighs around 150-200 pounds (68-90.7 kg) all together.

I can see a use for any of the stuff we brought, depending on what we encounter. But if you'd rather take over being in charge of supplies, feel free.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel tries the cell phone again, trying to get to his mum to see if she'll answer. Then he also thinks to put it on vibrate.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

sorry if my posts were confusing, i'll try and clarify. Leroy wants to keep both hands free so he can carry the torch and axe if possible. i'd rather have the axe ready than have to untangle it from under a poncho if something rushes us. i couldn't remember what joel was carrying but seeing as he seemed to have most hands free i thought he could use his blanket idea and take as much stuff as he was happy with from the ambulance. putting stuff on the stretcher too is a good idea, i was just thinking of Louis having to run with it through all the parked cars in an emergency, but seeing as laraquas okayed that lets go ahead.

for the record - leroy will carry the torch and the axe by hand. in his pockets he'll put the twoway radio, spare batteries for the torch, some bandages and whatever painkillers and basics meds he can find in the drugs locker. he may need to make a pharmacy roll in order to identify them, i don't know.

he would consider making a belt for the axe if no one else was able to carry the toolbox, as they might need this to repair any vehichle they find, otherwise he'll stick with the above.

on the plus side - we're both going to look frickin cool in ponchos.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

What if we tie the blanket ends, leaving a hole to stick the axe handle through, then you can carry the bag at the end of your axe. If trouble comes, grab the axe by the head, dump the bag, and you're ready to rock and roll.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Louie raises his hood back up.

"If we're going out there. I'm going to want my hands free. If you got a back pack back there I'll were it. This gun maybe the only thing to keep us alive."
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"What, so you're not going to push the stretcher? Geez. You know what?" Joel says frustrated. "You guys figure out what you want... and I'll figure out what I want. Take what you want but don't go asking me to arrange for to be in charge of something, then tell me 'to hell with your ideas, boyo.'"

Joel started reorganizing the blanket he was packing for just items he was interested in. He packed:

stethoscope, box of face masks, box of rubber gloves (size medium), 4 road flares, 4 cans of soda, 2 quarts of water, 1 heating pack, syrup of ipecac, rope, cell phone.

He wore one hard hat, the pair of gloves to keep his hands warm, and carry a flashlight in his free hand. And of course, he has the make-shift poncho from the one blanket he was using.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Louie puts up is hands as if to stop Joel's barrage.

"Whoa Whoa, listen Joel. I didn't mean you had a bad idea. I just think that it makes more sense for Leroy to push and I guard us, because I have a shotgun. That's better protection I think. I thought I saw something flying outside earlier. I'm hoping to have a better chance of stopping it."

occ. I've been away so if you guys don't like Louie's idea He'll push the stretcher.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live

Return to “Chapter One”