Ward 15, Third Floor

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Ward 15, Third Floor

Post by Laraqua »

The woman writes down: Je ne comprends pas.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by jtull_84 »

Bernard scowls, thinking that this is going to be difficult. He thinks he might know a few phrases, although he is not fluent. "Tu es francais? Je parle un peu de francais. Je suis Bernard Cromwell. Mon femme, Martha, est morte. Comment es tu, ca va?" He jots these down hpoing for a response that he might understand. All the while he listens at the door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Bernard can hear footsteps echoing down the corridor. They sound magnified, somehow louder than they should be. The pregnant woman, in the middle of writing down her name, 'Meliss...' hears it too and starts backing away from the doors. The temperature seems to drop dramatically, causing both their breaths to come out in little clouds of condensation.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

Bernard puts a finger to his lips to signal Melissa to be quiet. He readies his mace. (I take it there is only one door. But if there is another, Bernard seeks an alternate exit if he needs too.)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The footsteps stop shortly before the door. Melissa hushes. The only thing he can hear is the sound of her breathing. The fluorescent lights begin to flicker.

jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

If something comes through the door without identitifying itself, it gets sprayed with mace.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The windows behind him crack. The cracks begin to grow, twisting through the glass and spreading outward to the walls.

jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

As fast as he can, Bernard soaks a sheet with water and presses it against the glass. He uses anything he has, his pin on rank, syringe, pens, to tack it to the wall. He wants to keep the particulate matter outside the room.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The toilet sink sputters and coughs before unleashing a clumpy stream of off-white liquid onto the sheet. The stench is apalling, much like off milk. The walls of the toilet and the ward beyond are plaster-bound brick so it should be a relatively simple matter to pin it before the window if he so felt. However, keeping it pressed against the glass will be an issue since the window is quite large and the window frame somewhat deep.

jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

Beranrd stretches the sheet across the window frame, pining it to the wall. As soon as he can, he grabs as sheet and wraps it aroud his face. He visulally instructs Melissa and helps her if time permits.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Melissa steps away from the sheet, a look of disgust clear on her face. The stench of the white gunk that has been smeared across Bernard's sheet to dampen it makes his head spin.

OOC: I'm assuming you used another damp thing for your face? Tell me if I'm wrong.

jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

OOC: I think there has been a miscommunication. I have a sink? I had bottles of water earlier. I apologize for not catching this earlier. Bernard was opening bottles of water and soaking the sheets with them. Whoops. Definetly not putting contamiinated rags on my face. :shock:
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Okay, understood. THer's an attached toilet to your room which was what the post above mentioned. For convenience's sake, let's say you ran the sink water so you wouldn't need to waste your bottle water, saw it was yucky, and used bottle water. I'll post an edited post soon enough.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Due to the fact this is largely down to my own misunderstanding, I won't penalise you for the time you take! Free time! Yay.

As the toilet is within a few feet of Bernard and the sink within close to the door, he dashes inside and turns on the tap before he can so much as ready the towel. The toilet sink sputters and coughs before unleashing a clumpy stream of off-white liquid onto the basin. The stench is apalling, much like off milk. Bernard quickly grabs one of the water bottles and pours it out onto the sheet.

The walls of the toilet and the ward beyond are plaster-bound brick so it should be a relatively simple matter to pin it before the window if he so felt. However, keeping it pressed against the glass will be an issue since the window is quite large and the window frame somewhat deep. [b]Bernard[/b] stretches the sheet across the window frame, pining it to the wall.

Bernard can't hear the window cracking any further. Unfortunately, there are only two sheets in this room, one of which was beneath the corpse of Bernard's wife and one which keeps the door held firm. There are two pillows in this room that have blue pillow cases. One lies beneath Bernard's wife's head. The other sits on the chair Bernard was using. The curtain that once ran along the rail is made of a green plastic-like fabric and would be difficult to breathe through.

jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

OOC: Much thanks for the lenience. It's good to be back

Bernard starts to roll his wife to one side. Tears stream down his cheek. He motions for help in taking the sheet from the bed. He cannot remember how to say remove the sheets in French, and is becoming very despearate. He would like to set his wife on the floor. If he can, his next steps are to apply a wet shet to the window and fashion bandannas from the pillowcases for Melissa and himself.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Melissa helps where she can though her movements are as awkward as Bernard's due to her pregnancy. Between the two of them, they manage to move his wife gently to the floor. His wife is so light, in death, that it is almost as though he were lifting only the air itself.

jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

Bernard manages to choke out the words, "Merci, Melissa." He now takes the sheet from the bed, wets it with bottled water, and pins it close to the window. Once this is done, he uses one pillowcase as a bag to carry supplies, and tears the other into masks for him and Melissa.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Melissa looks confused, her eyes pleading him for answers.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A voice sounds loudly on the Intercom in the hall. "Attention everyone! The water supply is contaminated. Do not drink or even touch tap water, or any standing water you come across. Use only water in bottles or other sealed containers. Do not go outside under any circumstances, and avoid all exits or places that are otherwise exposed to the outside. It is extremely dangerous out there, and there are small parasitical organisms that attack people and burrow into their flesh. Once that happens, they are transformed into something no longer human. These creatures are alive and have a pulse, and their mouths are full of fleshy fungal material. They will attempt to seize their victims and lock their mouths over the victims' mouths. If they succeed, the victim is rendered paralysed and helpless, and they will then try to force the fungus down the victims' throats. Keep your distance from them at all costs, and keep your mouths covered at all times! A surgical mask will work, but the fungus will eventually rip through it. Two masks will last longer. Towels could also be used. Do not go anywhere alone if at all possible. If you fall prey to one of these creatures, you will need someone else to get it off of you."

The speaker takes a deep breath and then continues: "There are other strange creatures and phenomena as well. The dark cloud that has covered the hospital is raining down a strange black ash. Its effects are unknown, but you should minimize your exposure to it. It can be wiped off with moist towelettes, but again make sure that you do not use tap water. Metal objects have rusted due to the arrival of this cloud, and have apparently aged decades in rather short order. You may notice that your sense of time is distorted, and people may seem to vanish. You may also see apparitions or hear voices of people you know. On the second floor there was an unknown creature that produced a whistling sound. If it approaches you, run. It is possible to outrun and escape from it. This is Nurse Sarah Carpenter. Stay safe, everyone."

jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

Bernard starts at the sudden broadcast. A sense of relief lights his features as he realizes he and Melissa aren't the only ones alive in the hospital. He turns to speak to Melissa. "The loudspeaker just came on. There are other people alive in the hospital, a nurse, Sarah. We don't want to go to the 2nd floor" he flashes two fingers and runs a finger across his throat. "We could search the 1st floor, or try to get above the ash." He flashes 5 fingers. "We don't want to go outside."
"What do you want to do? Would you be okay alone, or should we try to find help?"

Return to “Chapter One”