Jill and Jason's Starting Thread

Moderator: Laraqua

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: Children's Ward - Second Floor

Post by SuAside »

Jason attempts to dart past the figure as well, hoping to reach the double doors somehow and close them behind him.

OCC - well, you're certainly making me regret that i dont have any combat skills at all. :lol: if the nurse tries to grab or hit him, he'll try to parry with the screwdriver (25% base i think?).
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

As Jason moves to slip by the unmoving nurse, a gore-encrusted length of twisted wire whips forward and tears the nurse in half, from the shoulder to above the hip, releasing a cloud of ash and motes of flesh. Jason reaches the double doors in time to hear something hit the floor somewhere further from the Children's Ward.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason slams the male ward doors shut behind him, takes a few steps into the hallway and shines his light past the children's ward.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He can see a head appear and disappear in thedarkness of the stairwell.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Gotta get the fuck out of here..." Jason says as he barges in through the double doors of the children's ward, still obviously panicked "I-... There is nothing we can do to stop him, it, whatever."

Only now he becomes fully aware of the pain on his face and both his legs, as the adrenaline slowly began to fade. He looked at the blood dripping from his wounds, somewhat puzzled at what he should do.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

OOC--I'm just going to assume Jill's still in the Ward.
Last edited by imme on Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Brianna hears the commotion and whimpers softly under the blanket. She's scared out of her mind. At the scuffle Jason makes to run to the other ward, Brianna pulls a tiny bit of the blanket back to peek out. She holds her breath as she does.

If there is nothing in front of her and Jill has left her bedside, she slips out of bed to the floor, crouched on hands and knees in the shadows of the bedside. She peeks out into the ward floor to see.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

As Jill spins around to face Jason she says, "But the children! We can't leave them!" Once she gets a good look at him her face becomes flushed and she quickly moves to check his wounds. "Who did this to you? Or what?" She sounds angry.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Metal wire... Whip, something, I-." Jason says as he fumbles for words.

"It has reached til halfway into the male ward! We're not safe here..." he pleads "We HAVE to go..."

He stood there thinking. What was the alternative? Roll out all kids into the hallway? And then what?

"Here, these are yours." he said as he gave Brianna the pictures he found in the male ward he had almost forgotten about.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna sits up a little, looking at Jason's wounds, terrified.

"I....just......I want....to go home......" she begins to whimper quietly. She looks back at Jason, wiping tears from her eyes, and takes the photographs, then begins to cry louder when she glances at them. The one on top of the stack is of her accident, the car scorched by flames. Twisted and black metal shows the hollow skeleton of the vehicle. The car had rolled over itself, laying on its roof, and the grass surrounding it shows the heat of the fire that once consumed the car and the passengers inside. Her whimperings become louder, and she throws the photographs down on the bed. "I never wanted to see these!" she says angrily.

She speaks in a forced whisper then, pulling her blanket off as she does, "I want to get out of here! Jason's right! We have to go!"
Last edited by trixie on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Okay, we'll go. I'll take you two down to the dispensary, I think there's a group of people down there. Jason, you may need a few stitches, but you'll be fine. Then I'll get this Aidan guy from the fifth floor and see if he'll help me move the rest of the children. But we must hurry." She doesn't really know what to make of this "wire" thing, but it's clear that these kids can't stay here.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"We need batteries for the big flashlight... Isn't there a storeroom around here somewhere?" Jason says as he lugs the dead weight.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna throws her legs over the side of the bed, wiping the tears from her cheeks with both hands, and hops down off the bed, pulling her blanket with her. As she does, the pictures spill onto the floor, and she can see with the faint light that not all of the pictures are from the accident. She bends to pick them up, looking at a few of them thoughtfully.

"It's my mum....." she says, then chokes a sob back. Her hands shake as she looks through them, then she stacks them back together again. "Maybe I'll keep these after all....." she mumbles, her voice trailing off into a whisper. Then her attention snaps back to reality and she takes Jill's hand. "Can we go now?" she asks, and looks up at her trustingly, as though pleading for safety and protection.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill squeezes Brianna's hand. "Yes dear, we're going now." With that she takes one last look at the helpless sleeping children and quickly starts walking toward the door. "Jason, how about we get you guys to safety and then try to find some batteries? The dispensary's just downstairs."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The first one out the door notices a man fiddling with the jacket Jill had noticed before. He awkwardly lifts something but his back is to them and they can't see what it is. He then turns and starts heading towards the Children's Ward.

Another man stands on the stairwell, sweeping the floor with a torch. He seems somewhat familiar but it's hard to tell in the gloom.

OOC: You still have time to react before he turns around.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna pauses, suddenly squeezing Jill's hand tightly. Her tears return, and she whimpers softly, then hides behind her.

"Who is that?" she whispers, hoping only Jason and Jill can hear her.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill clears her throat and calls out. "Hello?" She whispers back to Brianna, "it's okay, they work here. I think."
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason just walks into the hallway. Most likely the same guy that he saw before, and as such the man would know they were near the wards. Besides, the flashlights would've given them away...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OC: Thread ends. Go to dsigfuss and pianoman's thread. Your characters would have pretty much seen much of the last page worth of posts worth of behaviors. Go ahead and post rather abruptly. They just haven't seen you till this point, despite the fact they should have. As soon as you post, you become solid.

For the benefit of readers...

DSIGFUSS AND PIANOMAN'S THREAD WILL BE CALLED THE 5-PLAYER THREAD EVENTUALLY ... Currently, it's called Imme, SuAside, Dsigfuss, Trixie, Pianoman.

Return to “Chapter One”