Jill and Jason's Starting Thread

Moderator: Laraqua

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: Children's Ward - Second Floor

Post by SuAside »

Jason starts collecting blankets, and once he had his fill, he'll shuttle the first load to the children's ward.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Jason manages to fold and carry six blankets before it starts becoming quite heavy. Each time he lifts a blanket, he sees nothing solid beneath it that might have deformed it into a human-shaped body. Either resting the torch on top or carefully clutching it while holding the blankets, he heads back towards the toilets. It's hard to tell if it's a trick of the light, but it was almost as though the mannequin's chest were rising and falling. As the movement attracts his gaze, it becomes more and more difficult to discern whether it was a detailed mannequin or a rigid, deformed corpse.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason attempts to shake the thought, but hurries back to the children's ward while attempting to be quiet and steer clear of the mannequin.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He finds Brianna dressed and seated on her gurney. She appears sleepy but other than that, she's recovered well form whatever was put in her system.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason tosses Brianna a blanket and procedes to cover the smallest and weakest children with an extra blanket.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

"Thank you!" Brianna says, and pulls the extra blanket around her.

She watches Jason shuffle about the children's ward, then asks him curiously, "How long has it been storming out?"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Not long, but there isn't any end in sight." Jason replies "This aint no normal storm..."

When he is finished with covering the children with the blankets he has, he'll go back to the male ward to get more.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill jumps when she kicks the shoe and has to force her breathing back to normal. When the phone rings she lets out a little yelp. Hesitantly picking up the phone, she says, "Hello?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As Jason enters, he finds the mannequin's face directed down at her arm on the desk. He can't be sure but he thinks this is a different position than before. As he lifts the corner of one of the blankets, about to draw it off, a man's hand flops out from beneath the blanket, a golden wedding ring on one finger. The hairy knuckles catch the eye as sooty water drips from the fingertips to the floor.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason curses silently as he backs away from the bed. He knew this would happen... Too damn predicatble like a bad horror movie. He curses himself again as he allowed himself to be surprised by it. With his heart racing he decides that if the man gets up, he'll make a break for the double doors and not the toilets leading to the children's ward.

Guessing that his time here might be limited, he turns to the only ally he's got... Light. He moves to the lightsource he previously ignored and pulled the sheet from it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He finds a very large and very heavy Maglite torch, thick enough to be a weapon, big enough to light the room well.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason picks it up together with the blanket while pocketing his penlight and shines at the man clutching his own blanket.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There seems to be a small key dangling from the key ring on his index finger. He can also hears a voice coming from somewhere to the right of the Men's Ward.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason chooses to ignore the key for now and carefully investigate the noise first.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/6/1 ... kening.mp3

Jason is halfway across the room when he hears the tinkle of metal on the floor. Brianna hears it, too, but doesn't recognise it as keys. As the realisation dawns on her that the sound might be coming from something approaching her room, she is made aware of how little she can see though she manages to shake offthe fear that anything could be coming. Jason recognises it as a key ring, Brianna only knows that the sound comes from the other room.

From the damp telephone Jill holds in her hands comes a male voice: "Hello?"

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Pictures flash through Jason's mind. Too many horror movies and too many survival horror games have fed his imagination and he tries to shake it off, but he can't bring himself to go look.

Jason turns back his attention to the hand in the bed and the key it holds. Would this key fit in the small cabinet next to him, or would it be comething else?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The key reminds Jason of a house key so perhaps it is a room key. The small chests of drawers are not habitually locked, although the nurse's desk drawer probably are, and would likely have a lock that would fit that sort of key.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

While not habitually a thief, Jason recons that whatever the key opens, the man in the bed no longer needs. He gathers all his courage and moves in to get the key, with the heavy flashlight held high ready to hit if it were to prove necessary.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man on the bed never moves. The key is easily obtained.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason breathes a sigh of relief... Watching too many horror movies is bad for your heart!

He shines the light on the key, inspecting it for markings and then moves towards the nurse's station, for the first time really examining the nurse mannequin or corpse, whichever it may be.

Return to “Chapter One”