Fifth Floor, Administration Office

Moderator: Laraqua

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Fifth Floor, Administration Office

Post by TheKingInYellow »

Aidan slams the door shut, probably louder than would be wise.

"That bloody ash... Although, that axe might be handy..."

He goes back and forth in his mind, deciding whether or not to try and grab it, eventually deciding that he won't risk the ash unless he can find something to cover him. He can't help but feel a little cowardly.

He moves on to the Chief of Staff's Office and tries the door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Locked. He can hear a voice murmuring behind it, though.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Aidan ponders over what to make of that. Eventually, he knocks on the door and waits for response.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens and sees a nurse peering out at him. Her eyes bleed, the blood running down her cheeks toward her chin. Ropy blood dangles from her nostrils. "It's ... yeah ... a down ... of course." She smiles, her smile faltering and returning. A hammer held in her right hand.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Aidan backs away nervously. "Now, madam, no need to worry," he begins in a calm, non-confrontational voice. "I'm one of the survivors, too. You're injured. Please, put down the hammer and I can give you assistance."

He continues to back away, not really knowing if he has any chance to difuse the situation.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"They're coming from down... We must build a net. We must build a net t-t-to... They're coming." She turns and shuffles back inside the room, leaving the door partially opened.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Aidan blinks a few times, not entirely sure what to make of that response, though supposing it's not so unexpected from a victim of such a traumatic event.

Curious, perhaps morbidly so, he looks into the office, though he wraps his hand firmly around the doorknob, ready to pull it shut in case the woman does pose a danger.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The entire room has, where possible, been dismantled. The book case is in pieces, the shelves removed, the desk as well as the cupboards have been chopped up roughly at the edges and piled to one side. To the other side are the objects, too metallic or thick to be dismembered. The nurse returns to her task.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Confused, Aidan closes the door. The woman needs help, but not any he's able to provide. When help arrives, he'll make sure that someone gets her out of there.

Help?

He hadn't considered it, but would help come? The whole city could very well be in this state of emergency. What's more, people are probably expecting the hospital to be coming to help them and clearly that wouldn't be the case.

Feeling rather unsettled about the matter, he dials the authorities on his cellphone while trying the door to the Staff Office.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"This is ... station," says an oddly toneless voice, the words broken up by bursts of static. "Do you need assistance?"

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"Yes! This is Aidan O'Connell at [hospital's name]... I know that you must very busy, but is anyone coming here? We need help. As far as I know, the Children's Ward is unattended and ... The kids... They need help!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Are you That Which Breaks Forth?" asks the toneless voice. "We are seeking That Which Breaks Forth. Tell us where it is so that we might rest."

Another voice breaks through, weaker, and barely heard above the static. "Hello? Who ... in a shambles ... can't ... try to get here ... we could ... streets are ... hello?"

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"That which breaks forth?" Aidan asks back as the second voice comes in.

"Hello?" He practically yells it. "This is Aidan. On the fifth floor. Where are you?" He pauses, thinking about what he's doing. "Are you here, at the hospital?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"The police ... where ... can't seem to ... radios seem to function better ... hospital?"

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"Yes! We're at xxx hospital. There are children here. They need help!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"...to help but we need to stay here ... many refugees ... not enough ... need medical supplies, though..." The man chuckles. "...local police station ... three or four blocks from Mercy Cross ... come ... bring supplies ... the front end of the cloud ... dangerous ... not so bad now ... things out there ... gone fishing ... could try ... one police officer? How would you all ... here, though?"

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"Well, no... You can't put yourself in danger. But... Please, as soon as you can. We're in bad shape here. I'm going to try to find the children's ward, I'll try to keep them safe..."

Aidan sighs in defeat, though it's about what he expected.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"...phone number ... repeat several ... can make sure I hear ... please?"

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"Yes, of course!"

Aidan recites his phone number several times, slowly and carefully.

"Did you get that, sir?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Yes, we should be able to get to you..." He chuckles. "Looks like the connection cleared up. This is Sergeant Hawkins here. We've got about sixteen cops here. We broke open the gun's cabinet. The place is barricaded up pretty tightly. We got about sixty civilians in here but not enough food for any of them. You're probably in better shape than us. We got a ... well, this is gonna seem pretty weird. We got a man here who sealed this place up tight. We had renovations a few weeks ago and he did some funky stuff for the window and door frames. He can't quite remember why he did it, but."

Return to “Chapter One”