Hospital Car Park

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Accident and Emergency, Ground Floor

Post by Laraqua »

The cramped confines of the ambulance and the presence of the other passengers give him a lot to hold onto and he manages to stand. His vision blurs for a moment and he thinks he has fallen down but he finds himself still standing at the end of it.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah covers the boy's mouth with her hand and whispers "Shhh..." into his ear. Mustn't make a sound, she thinks. If that glass breaks... With her other hand, she gestures at the duct tape and then at the window. Even if she could put the child down and trust him to be quiet, she wouldn't be able to get to the window with the paramedics in the way. Hopefully they would get the idea, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The male paramedic nods, his gaunt, pimpled face almost luminescent in the ambulance's interior lights. He gestures to the duct tape in Karlene's hands, then to the window, and then turns his own attention to the ambulance's light, attempting to cover them while Karlene works. Seeing Roger move, he puts a finger over his mouth to signal silence.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah nods too, managing a smile. Yup, he's got it, she thinks. She looks around the interior of the ambulance for any lights near her that need to be covered, clutching the child in her arms tightly. Then she holds him out slightly in case one of the others wants to hold on to him and keep him calm and quiet so she can shroud any lights near her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zombiedla
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Zombiedla »

Trying to focus his eyes on the other passangers, Roger looks around, still fumbling while trying to sit down.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Roger's knees trembles and he falls noisily into a seated position. A car horn can be heard only a few dozen feet away, its sombre wail distracting and seemingly never-ending, as though something were holding it down.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah gently sways the boy back and forth while keeping his mouth covered, hoping he'll settle down. She continues to look around the ambulance. Sounds like someone pitched forward onto a car horn, she thinks, trying not to dwell on the fate of anyone still outside. At least the noise should draw away the...thing...that hit the ambulance earlier.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The air inside the ambulance seems to be a little colder or perhaps it was just the fear that raised goosebumps on the skin of those inside. The boy mumbles something gameboy and falls silent. The male paramedic introduces himself as Geoff. Karlene finishes taping up the rear window. The horn continues to sound.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah carefully lays the child down on the gurney that Roger had been lying on. "I'm Sarah Carpenter," she says to Roger. "Let me see what I can do to help you." She starts to examine him, looking around for any medical supplies she might need.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Roger seems to be having trouble breathing, his eyes are dilated and his speech (if he speaks) is slurred. His clothing is streaked with vomit. Perhaps it's the shock of being stuck in a tiny ambulance, but Sarah can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

"Sedative overdose," murmurs Karlene. "Less than needed to be fatal. Obviously."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks," says Sarah. "Sorry. Had a bit of a blonde moment, and the stress hasn't been helping. You mentioned his stomach needs pumping, right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"He's improving," says Karlene in a low voice. Sarah has to strain to hear her. "Judging by the rate he's improving at, he really didn't take enough to be worried about. Not considering what's going on. We don't have a stomach pump in this ambulance and if we did, it'd be too noisy to risk having on."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah nods. "Okay," she says quietly. "Maybe we can do something to give him a little relief at least. What about the other one?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zombiedla
Adept
Adept

Post by Zombiedla »

Roger is still very disoriented. He can't hear all that is said but when he hears his own name he simply replies "I'm sorry".
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Something heavy can be heard moving outside the ambulance, its footsteps crunching the dirt and broken twigs from the little stretch of garden the ambulance is parked over. Karlene motions for silence.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah freezes and stops speaking. She puts a finger to her lips and puts her other hand over the boy's mouth to make sure he stays silent, then holds absolutely still. I haven't been this terrified since...that night, she thinks. No, I take that back. This is even worse. It's not just me that's in danger now, it's everything and everyone I hold dear. I've got to keep my head together.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zombiedla
Adept
Adept

Re: Hospital Car Park

Post by Zombiedla »

Roger tries to look out the windows, if any. Otherwise, he just keeps quiet while listening carefully for the sound outside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The sounds of heavy movement cease. Roger and Sarah find their breathing comes out in little puffs. The little clouds of condensation show that the unconscious man is still alive, if unmoving. The child utters a whimper. Roger finds that there is a small gap in the masking tape covering the window and peers out into the darkness. He can see the glow of a headlight somewhere out of view, lighting up many soot-like particles. He catches a glimpse of something moving on the ground but he can't be certainwhat it is.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah puts a finger to her lips with her free hand again while keeping the boy's mouth covered with her other hand. She listens intently for any sign of movement outside. Poor kid, she thinks. His loss is even worse than mine. I lost my mum, but he's lost his entire family. I still had my father. I don't know what I would have done if I'd lost him too. I don't know what I'll do if I lose him now. She makes eye contact with the child and tried to look reassuring. I'm all he's got. I failed his father, but I can't fail him too. I have to see him through this.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zombiedla
Adept
Adept

Post by Zombiedla »

Roger looks at the little boy and decides not to say anything. He would'nt wanan scare the boy and frankly, he don't even know if he can trust himself anymore.

Return to “Chapter One”