Leroy in the End Game

Moderator: Laraqua

paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Re: Joel, Leroy and Nurse Sarah

Post by paradys »

ImpInTraining wrote: "Hey ... you know, I said some pretty crappy things back there. I hope you know, I'm just on the edge. Worried about my mom. Thanks for coming along."

Leroy just shrugs, as if to say don't worry about it.

He creeps past the corridor putting his finger to his lips. Lets be quiet and get the hell out of here, his look says, try and ignore those terrible noises.

what was it Carson said before attacking Sarah, something about needing more materials..?

If they pass a storage room he'll stop to look inside and pick up another saline drip. Once they reach the ambulance he shines the torch through the windscreen to make sure there isn't anything lurking in the drivers cabin before they approach.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel waved Leroy over and whispered in his ear, "You know, I took a look on the fifth floor, and the third floor ... they were building those blockades every floor. I think I could squeeze through on the fifth floor to take a look further in, but I didn't want to risk it. Not without a torch - and with that strange chittering noise in the background. Thought there might be rats. On the fourth floor, there was a puddle of blood, so I didn't bother opening the door. What do you think they're trying to hide? And why aren't they blockading the second floor?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The two reach the large empty square that was the 'reception area' for those entering Accident & Emergency. The ambulance is facing outside of the hospital, the back doors are broken and swing open. The ash is far thicker in here.

A woman, familiar to Leroy, in a short black skirt leans against the ambulance examining her nails with a flashlight in one hand. Before Leroy can speak, his throat seems somehow clogged, there is a cracking sound outside and she stands and disappears around the far side of the ambulance.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"See that?" Joel stated... "She's using a flashlight. She must be ok. I didn't see any of the deranged ones using a flashlight. But, then again... who in their right mind would be lounging here about a broken ambulance checking their fingernails?"

Joel exchanged a glance with Leroy, and then muttered, "Women." All the same, he made sure his scalpel was ready in his right hand in the event things had to get nasty.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel makes sure his mask is in place as he starts moving forward, sneaking very quietly to take a peek around to where the woman headed off to.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Leroy clears his throat as noiselessly as possible and slips his own mask into place.

Cynthia? he thinks.

He pauses for a moment in confusion, then overwhelmed by curiosity he turns off the torch and follows Joel. His feet crunch on broken glass.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1227683
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

A figure aproaches silently from behind leaving the shadows and stands quietly for a moment taking in the surroundings. In a whispered voice he speaks.

"Aproach her carefully. From here not even I can tell if she is one of them."
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Yeah whatever, just stay away from us you nutjob," Leroy whispers angrily, then approaches Joel.

"What can you see?" he asks, keeping an eye on the stranger behind them.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel grimaced at the noise that Leroy made and held his breath a second to listen for the woman to return. When she didn't, he continued forth and snuck a peek around the ambulence.

He heard the familiar voice of the jedi-wannabe behind them and frowned. He didn't say anything because he didn't want to give up his position.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Tanar knows he is not liked or trusted, but prefers the element of suprise that the cloak gives him. Even the undead seem to rely on thier senses. He stands there silently watching for the woman. When will these people realize that I'm here to help. Even if they don't want it I'm staying. I won't let another person be infected if I can help it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The world outside is nearly black with swirling ash. A horn blares in the background, a long, dull sound as though something were wedged against it.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Leroy looks inside the ambulance. If theres no one there he opens the door and gets inside.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Tanar moves himself to have a better view of the ambulance. He keeps his shotgun at the ready in case any super natural builders show themselves.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The ambulance is empty.

paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Once hes inside the drivers cabin Leroy looks in the back of the ambulance to see if theres anything ( or anyone ) there. Then he looks in the rear view mirrors to see if 'Cynthia' is anywhere outside, checks the fuel gauge and looks for keys in the ignition
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's fuel in the ambulance and the keys are in the ignition. No one is in the back seat and he can't see far enough in front of him to determine if Cynthia is anywhere nearby.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel jumps in too, and makes his way to the back to make sure the back door is shut. "All right, let's get the smeg out of here."
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"No sign of Cynthia?" says Leroy. He thinks for a moment. "She must have meant for us to get in the ambulance.." He stops realising that what he's saying might sound strange. "What do you reckon to that Tanar guy, do you think hes dangerous? To us I mean."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/30/ ... t%20Me.mp3

The ambulance creaks under their weight as Joel enters the passenger side. The door, closed gently, does not close properly at all and sticks there a moment. The ambulance feels like an ancient station wagon rather than a state-of-the-art emergency vehicle. The seats are dry but uncomfortable, somehow more solid and unyielding than most car seats.

The headlights shine in the ashen gloom, reaching the front left corner of a blue Ford whose own indicator light is shattered, the paint peeling from the steel. The ash thins for a moment, allowing a glimpse of a young woman standing just by the bonnet. She looks left, then right, then left again, as though searching for someone. Her eyes were hidden by her long, red fringe, her ash-littered hair pulled into a pony tail. Wet rust has run down her vest and long-sleeved shirt, down her knee-high skirt, to run in rivulets down her hands and legs. She rubs her right hand, sighs, shivers, hugging herself.

Cynthia...

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel digs through the compartments in the back to find something he can tie the back door shut with - like a rope used for a tourniquet. He wraps the rope around from one handle to the next, tying a sturdy knot in it. After that, he starts digging around looking for a flashlight, fresh water, a first aid kit, or anything else useful in the vehicle.

ooc: I tried to listen to the mp3 file. It seemed to play, but I got nothing. - nevermind. Got it to work with a different player. Eerie....

Return to “Chapter One”