Leroy in the End Game

Moderator: Laraqua

paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Re: Joel, Leroy and Nurse Sarah

Post by paradys »

OOC: my idea was they'd just be in a sack we could carry, but i'm easy with either the stairs or the ramp.

Leroy freezes as another terrible screech comes from the basement and a wave of cold air hits him. He listens to Carson scream.

So he wasn't as happy as I thought. Jeez, who can blame him?"

"Lets go before this hospital caves in on itself. This may sound mean but screw Carson, he'll have to take care of himself, we don't have the time."
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel nods to Sarah, apparently not having found a computer to attempt to tamper with. Not that it mattered much if they were all planning on leaving anyway. "Yeah... let's get out of here." He asked in afterthought, "You get the IV-drips I need?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

The Dispencry contains largely prescription medications though sometimes out-patients fill out prescriptions here as well. The I.V. drips would likely still be in their containers in one of the downstair store rooms, simply waiting to be made up.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Piano man »

A black figure appears as if from nowhere. All you see is a billowing cloak, and figure that stands well above six feet. He raises his hand and points at Carson. From below the hood of his cloak you can hear a low primal sounding voice.

"Step away from Carson. Do it quickly if you want to live. He is among the walking dead, and will make you one of them."

The figure reaches below the folds of his robe and pulls out a shotgun, and points it at Carson.

"I can't kill him, but I can buy you some time. Get away from him, get what you need and find the shortest route out of here. Be careful, all those screams you just heard were people just like him. Stay away from them if you want to live."

IF everyone clears away from Carson a shotgun blast will echo into the silence of the hospital. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1217532. IF no one tries to physically stop him, he will then disappear back into the darkness after firing his gun.
Last edited by Laraqua on Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"You crazy too, mister?" Joel said boldly to the mysterious doomsayer. "Carson's just suffering from environmental poisoning. He's not right in the head, but he's no walking undead." He looked to Sarah and Leroy, then back to the man, "I don't think we want you shooting our friend. Why don't you jog off."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Carson looks around anxiously at the other three, his fingers tightening on the hammer. He starts taking a few steps back, a bizarre smile twitching at the corners of his lips.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

Tense, Leroy spins round grasping the axe tightly.

"And who the hell are you Obi Wan?"

He looks at the shotgun suspicously.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

He remains unmoving staring in disbelief at the denial these people are living in.

"I am Tanar (Tunnar). My job is to stop the undead. Look at your friend that you protect. You can see that he is not human anymore. If you choose to protect him I will leave, but the burden is on your shoulders now. Be careful of his bite, or you too may share his fate of undying death. Heed my warning and forget this hospital. Get out while you still can."

With that Tanar waits one more minute for thier reaction. If it is clear that they are chosing to protect Carson he will lower his shotgun and leave.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Undead?" Leroy blinks. He's glad that someone else is seeing this although he's still not sure that its real.

"Carsons alright, hes just sick. He's back there building the dream shed he always wanted." He turns round to see what Carson is actually doing. His mind flashes back to the nurses downstairs and the sinister way they were acting.

"Well, maybe he's a little deranged. But how do we know you aren't crazy. Going around in a cloak calling yourself Tuna, that ain't right man."

I don't know whats real, he thinks, the only part about this that makes any sense is that bit about getting out of the hospital
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Tanar lowers his gun, and speaks to Leroy directly.

"Unfortunately Carson is not just sick. I truely wish it was so. I take no joy in killing, but the undead are not living. You question my sanity. That's fair, only an insane man would think that these events could be rationally explained. Think about what I said, but I'll waste no more time here. People need help, and unfortunately some of them are going to die. I can only do so much."

If no one else talks to him Tanar will step to the side of the door way out of site and sink back into the shadows.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel scoffs at Tanar's 'only an insane man could explain rationally' comment. "You're all bloody looney, that's my rational explanation. If you want to save the world, head down to the basement. I hear it's a hoot-and-hollar down there. A scream a moment."

Joel looks over his shoulder, noticing Carson's stance. He wasn't all gone, after all. The man was preparing to defend himself. He knew things were getting ugly. "Don't you worry, Carson. Help is on the way, and it doesn't come in 12 gauge."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: Whoa! Please slow down a bit, I haven't even had a chance to post for Sarah once yet since the thread reset.]

Sarah shivers as the wave of cold penetrates her body even through her thick coat. It feels like a thousand icy claws are grabbing her.

"NO!" she cries when the man in black points his shotgun at Carson. "Don't shoot him! He's not one of those zombies! He didn't get any of the parasites in him, he just got some of the water in his mouth and went a little funny in the head!" Then she pauses when she sees Carson's reaction and backs away from him, clutching her knife. "Oh, no! He's acting just like Karlene now! Can't we just knock him out and tie him up or something? Maybe this will wear off, or we can find a cure later."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel laughs, "He's acting just like I would if I had someone levelling a shotgun at me. Leave him alone."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, he's dangerous, Joel!" says Sarah, tugging on his arm with her free hand and trying to pull him out of harm's way. "He's twitching and grinning just like Karlene did when she came at us with her knife! We've got to get out of here!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Tanar nods as Sarah speaks.

"You're very smart. I will not shoot him, but he is dangerous. My only intention is to protect the innocent from the posessed. If you don't want it I'll leave."

He keeps his shotgun ready as he continues to speak.

" I over heard someone talking about a helicopter. I suggest that you head straight there as fast as you can."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Carson lets out a howl and lurches toward Sarah, the hammer raised high. "Need ... more ... incomplete."

OOC: Anyone with a Dexterity over 9 can make a move before he gets to act. You all seem reasonably suspicious of him so no surprise round occurs.

Tanar can act first with gun only.
Sarah acts first.
Leroy on Dex 11.
Tanar can act second to last for non-gun reactions.
Then Joel and Carson are on the same Dex.

Your rolls from last time can be reused. Carson's hit points can be seen in the Character Sheet thread.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

As Carson lunges for Sarah Tanar blasts him with the shotgun.

"Is everyone ok? I didn't want to do it, but I couldn't let him attack you. If he succeeded you'd become just like him......or worse."

He lowers his gun and backs away slowly, readying himself for an attack should it come.

Occ to hit 12 and damage 28
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC to Piano Man: I think Mr. Handy's the only one who's characters I don't confuse! Brianna / Dahllia. Tanar / Louie. Do me a favor and pick one of a diff gender next time!

Carson hits the floor in a crumpled pile. He twitches and doesn't bleed from his gaping wound.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah lets out a bloodcurdling scream when Carson tries to attack her, then calms down after Tanar blows him away. "Oh, God," she gasps. "He was going to..." She turns to Tanar. "Th-thank you. We've got to get out of here now! Come with us, it's not safe to be alone even if you have a shotgun. Leroy, get the cart. We're heading up the ramp."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Tanar stares at Carson as if he expects him to get right back up.

"I will stay here and cover him until you all get out of here. He's not done, just temporarily stunned. Don't worry about me. I have other ways to survive other than a shotgun. NOW GO!!"

He stands just inside the room with his gun still pointed at Carson.

Return to “Chapter One”