Jill and Jason's Starting Thread

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Children's Ward - Second Floor

Post by Laraqua »

The number he calls isn't the local police. The only number he has listed is the one near his home, a fair way west of the hospital. The phone rings seven times before there is a click to signify someone answering. Instead of speech, however, he gets a jarring screech that tears through his mind. He instinctively jerks back, holding the mobile phone at arm's length. THe mechanical screech dies back as a crackling voice comes through.

"...hear me? ... can hear me? ... all gone ... tried to ... hurts ... please, don't look up at the ... tried to call ... don't come ..."

The voice is overwhelmed by the mechanical screeching and his mobile phone disconnects as it momentarily loses the signal.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by imme »

Jill continues securing the doors, especially intent on sealing the all cracks. Darling Jason needs a little privacy right now. I'll make sure the door to the Men's Ward is secured once these two are finished.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

"This isn't happening... This isn't happening..." Jason mumbles at his cellphone as he dials 112.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Beep ... beep ... beep ...

They're engaged. All lines seem to be tied up. No matter how long he waits, he doesn't get through.

(well, this post might only matter if he waits only a good ten minutes or so, but I'm assuming he doesn't, if he will, I'll show you what happens in the next post - though you may get a repeated message - whether there's a pot of honey at the end of the waiting rainbow that he can find if he waits long enough, well, that's up to your character to find out if he so dares...)

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason plops down on the closed toiletseat. What to do, what to do?

Telephone not getting through or even getting something which he doesn't understand. Locked into the children's ward with heavy chains and padlocks. Plenty of other bags with god knows what inside.

The ward is full though, but would these children even stand a chance if they tried to overpower the nurse? And even if there was a chance, would they even want to try?

Jason considers his options and comes up dreadfully short...

"What is going on? Please explain this to me..." he pleads through the toilet's flimsy door.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"What's that? I can't hear you clearly." Jill is carefully filling the cracks around the doors. She begins humming, but no melody is apparent.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason sighs. He wonders if he should try to call the police again, but decides against it out of fear of using up his battery.

The humming volunteer doesn't seem to want to share whatever is troubling her, and as such, Jason doesn't feel like pressing the matter.

How about vents? he thinks. He tries to remember if there are any airducts that would be large enough for him to fit inside...
Last edited by SuAside on Fri May 11, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He can see the corner of one of the large grilles that cover the manhole. It appears to be blocked by something from the other side. Sticky tape? Or a sheet of cellophane? It's hard to be sure. The screws on the corner look pretty tight, though.

"Attention emergency personnel," says an unfamiliar voice over the intercom. "An emergency situation has developed. Will everyone who is not otherwise occupied, please go down to Accident and Emergency. I repeat, an emergency situation has developed. Will everyone who is not otherwise occupied, please go down to Accident and Emergency."

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason takes out his pocketknife, clicks out the screwdriver and tries lightly unscrew one of the vent screws, just to see if it was possible.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jason can't reach the high ceiling from the toilet. Only if he were to climb up onto the toilet cubicle's wall itself and sat himself on the corner of where one cubicle meets the other, could he reach it. Once there, he would need to steady himself to reach the screws.

Jill notices the children seem to be lying very still. She can hear their snores at the back of her fogged mind and it tugs at her awareness before sliding away. She is dimly aware that it is not yet the time for sleeping and that, were they awake, they might have been able to help her. The thought causes her to look around the room instinctively, lost in a reverie of opposing concerns, and her eyes fix on the words someone has written in large loopy writing on the notepad affixed to each patient's bed.

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Jason, I'm going to need to secure the toilets next. Finish up, please." Jill walks over to one of the beds and picks up the patient's chart.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The loopy handwriting seems nonsensical, a list of odd lettering and numbers. However, in the familiarly tight, condensed script of a doctor's handwriting, she can see written at the very bottom:

I stole your consciousness away with drugs but only to keep you safe, without fear, as what can't be stopped comes into this world.
Don't wake up.
Doctor Bernard Scott.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

OCC -
imme wrote: "Jason, I'm going to need to secure the toilets next. Finish up, please." Jill walks over to one of the beds and picks up the patient's chart.

Jill can enter if she wants to, just the individual stalldoor is locked, not the entire lavatory.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Well that sure was nice of him. She walks over and pats the sleeping child on his head. Keep sleeping, darling. She goes back over to her bags and gets supplies to secure the toilets. Her arms full of construction equipment, she pushes open the door. "Knock, knock, Jason. Take your time in there, I'm just going to patch things up. Time is limited, you know." She begins her tuneless humming again.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door to the Men's Ward is only a few feet away. In mere moments, Jill is able to start work on the flimsy door. It is a shame the doors here are not made from sturdier stuff although for her purposes, door width is not the vital part. It does not matter how thick the walls, windows, doors and linings are, so long as there are no gaps.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"What is going on? Can you explain this to me? Why are you doing this?" he asks through the toilet's flimsy door as the woman works on the door seperating the men's toilet & the children's toilet.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill hammers scrap wood onto door to keep it closed and fills in the cracks around the edges. "Oh, Jason, honey. Don't be afraid. It's going to horrible, but that's why I've come here to make sure that all of you darlings are safe. The black cloud's coming and ... would you like to read the new comic book I brought?"
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Dark cloud? What do you mean? A terrorist attack? A chemical accident?" Jason asks trying to make sense of what the woman is saying. Afterall, the P.A. did say something about an emergency, so maybe something happened.

"How would you know about it in advance?" he ponders half aloud.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"I ..." Jill pauses in her work and her shoulders slump. In a faraway voice she says, "I don't know." She shakes herself and begins humming again, fastidiously checking and re-checking her work. "There must not be any cracks or gaps. Would you like to help me check to make sure I've filled them all?"
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason slowly opened the toilet door and took a careful peak outside.

If Jill really wanted to hurt him, she could've done so earlier, couldn't she?

But that still doesn't change the fact she's acting like a looney...

But what if she's right?

Was this the famed Stockholm syndrome in action? A bit early for that, no?

Jason stepped out and checked the seams, but carefully stayed out of Jill's armreach.

Return to “Chapter One”