Jill and Jason's Starting Thread

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Children's Ward - Second Floor

Post by Laraqua »

The child lays on its side, his head resting on his upper arm. He seems to be okay though even at this distance its hard to be sure. Jason can hear the dripping tap from the shared toilets behind him. If he checks, he will see that the door hasn't closed properly.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by imme »

Jill grabs another chain and lock and works on re-securing the main doors.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The nails that she had previously used to keep the chains in place have come loose since the chains have been upset on several occasions. She doesn't have enough materials to correctly keep the double doors truly closed and repair the twice-broken barricade.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

Jason approaches the fallen child and ignores the dripping tap.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The child mumbles incoherently, his words a bare whisper, his lips tinged with blue from the cold. His left arm is out-stretched, the fingers tensing and relaxing against the linoleum. His eyes are closed.

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill rummages through her bags, doing her best to find some way to keep the doors closed, although she realizes that it's her fault they can no longer be completely safe. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she mumbles. It's unclear, even to herself, exactly who she's apologizing to.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason seizes up the kid, trying to figure out if he can lift it back into bed. If not, he'll try to cover it with blankets until Jill can help.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The child stops moving as soon as he is touched. His skin feels exceptionally cold and clammy to the touch. It is only as Jason lays him on the bed that he realises that his arms are stained with smears of a gray ash. His clothes and hair, even his skin, are quite damp. As soon as he looks back over at Jill, and shines the light at her, he can see that her hair is smeared with ash and clings damply to her, as does her clothing.

Jill, for all her efforts, finds the bags empty. In her haste to keep things secured in the first time, she had not left any materials to waste. Fortunately, there are bags of crisps, books, drink bottles and healthy, meat-and-salad sandwhiches wrapped up in clingwrap to help pass the time.

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

If there are any empty beds or other furniture, Jill will try to push them in front of the door, asking for assistance from Jason.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There are no empty beds. However, each bed does have a small chest of drawers stationed in front of it that could easily be moved. However, from experience, she knows they are quite light.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Look at yourself." Jason tells Jill as he briefly shines his light at her. Crud and dirt really don't bother him, but this ash... It is unsettling.

Jason then carefully attempts to lift the kid into his bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The child's trembling subsides as he lifts the child onto the bed which, itself, is sprinkled with small bits of ash. The cold grasps at him, causing Jason to tremble violently. Jill, shocked and with a healthier body, feels the cold somewhat less though it still does cause her fingers to ache.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

A tiny, fear riddled voice calls out into the darkness.

"Who....who's there?"
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Jason swings around to where the voice came from and shines his penlight there.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

The voice has come from a child in the bed closest to the doors, who is squinting now into the light, and rubbing her eyes. Her face is difficult to make out in the low light, but you can already tell that half of her face is terribly scarred. Her dark curly hair is showing the signs of having been caught in a fire, as some of it is matted and missing from the top of her head.

"What....what happened? Who's there? I heard a noise...." Her voice is weak and she seems groggy from sedation.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Shhht! Don't wake up the others." Jason said as he covered the child he had picked up with a blanket and started walking over while thinking what he could do. The kids would eventually wake up... And then what?

"What's your name? I haven't seen you here before." he asked as he neared the burned child in an effort to keep it busy.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Trying to brush the ash off of herself, Jill moves toward the girl as well. "Hello dear, my name is Jill. There's ... a storm going on, and the ... power's gone out, but ..." She can't bring herself to say what she'd like to: everything's going to be okay, because it's not. Instead she tries to give the poor girl a reassuring smile.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

The child pulls her legs up a bit in recoil at the ash coming off of Jill. She looks at her in surprise and clutches her blanket nervously.

"M..my name's Brianna...." she says, stuttering nervously. She looks around at the ward, peering into the darkness, appearing disoriented and still groggy from a heavy medication.

"Where am I? I..I was in intensive care....w..where am I now?"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Most of the ash doesn't get removed so easily, instead Jill smears the ash across her damp skin, though she does succeed in removing some of the gray substances. There is a little bit of ash on Brianna's blankets but almost none on her. It appears that the ash might have come in when the double doors were opened. Brianna is very cold, her lips are blue and her skin goosepimpled.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Children's Ward." Jason says "Means you're out of the woods I guess, Brianna."

Jason then goes on to attempt to blow off and shake off some of the ash that is on him, knowing full well that you cant rub it off. He then turns his attention to the emergency lighting. It should've gone on as power failed, shouldn't it? And it works on batteries. Jason drags a chair towards it so he can fiddle with it a bit looking for buttons. Maybe the light is simply on the off setting and not stand-by.

Return to “Chapter One”