Page 1 of 1

Louie

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:29 am
by Laraqua
The bandages hold firm and the iodine manages to clear out the wound. Feeling confidant, Ronald begins suturing up the injuries, creating an incredibly thin line out of Louie's jagged wounds. The painkillers chosen are perfect and Louie soon feels the pain leave, though it leaves very little fogginess in its wake. After all that, louie feels much better.

Re: DSIGFUSS, Piano Man, Imme, SuAside, Trixie

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:20 pm
by trixie

Brianna watches Ronald sewing Louie's wounds, and squeezes Louie's hand tight. "Ok, don't look now Louie, cuz it's SUPER gross. Just look away and think of little cute bunny rabbits or something...."

"I know, we could...um...pretend that you're C3PO and that you don't have skin...so that...you know.....it can't hurt." Brianna is hoping Louie won't yell again like he did before, because it scared her. Plus I have to go to the bathroom...

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:45 pm
by Piano man

Louie winces as Ronald sews him up, It's not too bad though because of the pain killers.
"I know, we could...um...pretend that you're C3PO and that you don't have skin...so that...you know.....it can't hurt."

Doing his best C3PO impression Louie answers Briana.

"Oh my Miss Brianna...please tell me when he's finished welding my skin back on. I just can't bear to look"

Wow which of us is making the other one feel better. If only she was older. It would be nice to have an adult friend as cool as Brianna.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald smiles as Louie and Ronald exchange laughs.

Poor kid. She really looks like she's in pain. Maybe that paramedic knows where I can find some children's medicine. She was pretty creepy. Maybe she's just lost too. Lost or scared. This place looks like it could have that effect on people.

Ronald puts his hand on Brianna's shoulder.

Stay close to Louie Brianna. I'm gonna go see about getting you some medicine.

Ronald runs back to the emergency ward. He stops when he's close to the entrance and listens carefully.

[O.C.- If everything sounds fine, Ronald slowly opens the door and says "Excuse me miss? I'm looking for some children's painkillers. There's a kid from the burn ward."]

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:37 pm
by trixie

"How do you feel Louie?" Brianna asks, still kneeling next to him and squeezing his hand. "Do you feel better now? I wonder if you're ok to walk. I betcha you lost lots of blood," she says, pointing to the puddle on the floor. "How bout you move to a different spot to sit. Maybe we can find some new clothes for you."

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:07 am
by Piano man
"]Image
"Do you feel better now? I wonder if you're ok to walk.

"Actually I feel amazingly better. I have more clothes down on the ground floor. Plus I know somewhere safe that we can go, follow me."

With that Louie gets up and start heading slowly down the stairs.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:22 am
by trixie
[O.C. Aren't we already on the ground floor? Oh well....]

Brianna hurries to take Louie's hand as they walk. "Where are we gonna go Louie? I hope there's not more of those.....things....here. And what about Ronald? He was trying to find me my pills. Will he know where we're going?"

Re: Louie, Ronald and Brianna (Piano man, dsigfuss, trixie)

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:16 am
by Laraqua
(OC: No, you were on the first).

Ronald hears merely the sound of shuffling footsteps. He cracks open the door and peers inside, using his penlight. He sees the paramedic turn her back on him and walk towards one of the sinks. There are droplets of blood marring the floor where she walks about as many as there would be if she had a blood nose. Sensing movement behind him, he turns and notices the other two going downstairs.

"Back again, so soon?" the paramedic asks.

Louie and Brianna clearly hear a woman's voice as they move down the stairs. Even with the terrible screeching metal whirring and tearing things upstairs, sound carried further away.

Louie moves quietly down the stairs with Brianna. Even if he doesn't have a flashlight, he knows almost instinctively where he's going and knows he's not far from it.

Brianna's face begins to burn again.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:21 pm
by trixie

"Dontcha think we should wait for Ronald, Louie?"

Brianna repeats herself. The worst thing she could think of at this point was going without medication for another 10 minutes. Her face was burning terribly and she could tell it was time for her compresses as well. The nurse was usually very timely with these things, but given the circumstances, she knew there would be no attending nurse today. It was up to her to take care of herself.

"Louie, I don't want to go anywhere else till I have my pills. I hurt a lot. Can we wait a minute and go together?"
She lags behind him, not wanting to go downstairs quite yet.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:50 pm
by Piano man
"]Image

Louie stops and looks at Brianna's pained expression.

"Of course we can go back, but as soon as we get you medication we need to go down stairs. If this woman doesn't know what to give you, we'll just break up one of the one's I took so it's a lower dosage."

Louie walks over to Ronald and the woman to try and find Brianna some meds.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 pm
by trixie

Brianna follows Louie's lead, and stops at the door. "Ronald? Are you in there?"

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald slowly creeps further into the emergency room, shining his flashlight on anything that resembles pills. Every few seconds, he moves the light back onto the paramdic lady, just in case.

God... she's still in the corner.

Yeah.. I just need some children's meds. Brianna from the burn ward is in a lot of pain and we can't get back up to the second floor. Do you know what we can give her?

Ronald shines his light on all the blood dripping from the parmedic and quickly looks away.

Look... I know you want to be left alone, but we're talking about a little girl here. Are you sure you're OK?

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:36 am
by trixie

Brianna walks closer to the door and peeks around Ronald, holding onto the bottom of his shirt and peering around the corner. Curious, as all kids would be, to see the woman inside, she stays completely silent and watches.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:23 am
by Laraqua
The paramedic sighs. "Children's panadol if it isn't particularly painful. If it hurts quite a bit, you can give her an injection. The Ground Floor nurse's station should have a push trolley before it covered with medicines. Give her Axelonod. The injection will hurt quite a big but it is surprisingly effective at dealing with pain. Now leave me alone. It would be best..."

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:48 am
by trixie

Brianna looks from behind the door at the woman in the corner, and stays absolutely still and silent. She watches in half amazement, half blatant curiousity at her appearance. Why is she bleeding??? And why would she want to be alone in this hospital??

She looks up at Ronald. "Um....ya, I think..I remember now. The nurse had one of those push cart thingys. And she always gave me a needle." She backs away from the doorway. This lady is kinda weird. What's wrong with her? Why is she bleeding from her mouth?

"Are you going to leave her, Ronald?" Brianna looks up at him, blinking. Who would want to be alone here? It's scary enough! "You're going to leave her all alone?"

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:50 am
by Laraqua
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/30/ ... 20trim.mp3

The paramedic's sigh deepens, her face still turned away from the others, and there is a profound weariness to her muscles. "I must... I'm busy. The net I... The others will be... No, I..." She shudders as though weeping silently and then sweeps a set of tools from the counter. They hit the floor with a clatter and yet it not the noise that catches their attention but the silence that contains it. The screeching metal has abruptly silenced, leaving a vague echo within their rattled ears. "Time is not ... not consecutive here. It warps the boundaries. But whatever is outside is its own... I m-must... Here. I m-must focus on the here." She takes in a deep breath and clutches at the counter top. "Leave me, please... You have your ... own work..."

She pauses and slowly raises her head, her face still averted. "Brianna? Is that you?"

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:32 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Others. What others? Bloody H-E-Double hockey sticks!

Ronald scoops Brianna up in both arms.

Right! Panedol and Axel Rose. OK kiddo that's enough for today. Let's let the nice paramedic get back to her creepy, spooky time boundary.

Thanks Miss. Are you sure you don't need any help? OK..

Ronald doesn't wait for a response. He turns with Brianna and quickly walks away.

Time to get the kid outta here.

C'mon Louie.. She's way too gone. We gotta get downstairs and fast. You think you can move?

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:35 pm
by Laraqua
"Brianna, the water ... is infected ... don't drink ... the water," the paramedic murmurs.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Right!.... Water!..... Thanks!

Ronald hussles away from the emergency room and the paramedic. Holding Brianna tightly, he whispers in her ear...

Keep quiet sweety. You shouldn't talk to strangers.

Ronald's skin is crawling. His head is swimming with visions of dirty toilets, flesh eating cables and prophetic quantum physics.

Man!

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:02 pm
by trixie

"Does she know me, Ronald? I wonder....how .....she.......I don't think.... I know her. How come she's acting so weird?"
Brianna looks back at the door left ajar as Ronald walks away. She puts her arms around his neck and watches to see if the lady will follow.

"Is she feeling ok? Are you...really gonna just....... leave her there?"

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:48 pm
by Piano man

Louie closes the door behind him and takes off after Ronald.

"Here pass me the light I know where we need to go. The nurses station isn't to far from here. We'll have meds in you Brianna before you know it."

Hmmm....this flashlight is cool it feels almost like a kid's sized lightsabre. If I find another one I'll let Brianna have it. Ok Louie it's time. Down into the darkness of the ground floor........
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space,
Rayless, and pathless, and the icy earth
Swung blind and blackening in the moonless air;
Morn came, and went and came, and brought no day,
And men forgot their passions in the dread
Of this desolation; and all hearts
Were chill'd into a selfish prayer for light:"

Man Lord Byron must have been talking about this hospital when he wrote that.

Louie continues down the stairs with out talking. Peering carefully into the darkness looking for boogie men.

Man I should stop reading his poety. I'm more scared now than I was five minutes ago.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Trixie wrote: "Is she feeling ok? Are you...really gonna just....... leave her there?"

Ronald sighs...

she's just a kid.

I don't think she's allowed to leave there kiddo. It's alot of work to be a doctor. You have to go to school for a long long time.

Ronald quickens his pace still carrying Brianna, his mind still racing.

Cover your ears sweetie.

Ronald waits for Brianna to cover her ears but continues to move quickly to the stairwell holding the pen light out in front of him and urging Louie to hurry.

What in jumping jahosaphat was she talking about Louie? What net? Did you hear the sound those tools made when she dumped em over. We gotta get outta here man.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:27 pm
by trixie

Brianna looks down the dark staircase that Ronald is walking down, and shudders. "It got quiet." she remarks plainly, and wonders if Ronald and Louie had noticed as well. Will that thing come down here? Will it be able to get me??

Brianna covers her ears when Ronald asks her to, and starts humming so that she can't hear what they are saying. She has a funny feeling she doesn't really want to know. How did that lady know me? How did she know my name? How come Ronald and Louie left her there? Doesn't she need our help?? She was bleeding.....

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:50 pm
by Piano man

Louie slows up a bit when he hears Ronald talking to him. He's so lost in thought that it takes a moment for Ronald's question to register.

"I don't know man. Your guess is as good as mine. I'm just relieved that we are out of there and that we are leaving the same floor she is on. The nurses station is not to far from here. We need to take care of Brianna and try to forget about the other stuff. If I don't I'll be too scared to function."

Louies mind starts to wander back to poetry that he has read:

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars--on stars where no human race is.
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.

Man I've got to stop reading poety it's really not helping. Ok relaxation exercise no. 19 a funny walk.

Louie starts to raise his legs really high in the air with each step while flapping his arms. It's hard to be scared when you look so silly. He looks over to Brianna and sees that she is watching him.

"I'm....uh....well acting silly helps me to concentrate. Come on Brianna walk with me it really helps."

For the first time in a while Louie smiles and alows himself a little laugh. He truely does feel less frightened.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:27 am
by trixie

Brianna watches Louie walking in a silly way and giggles. First quiet giggles, because she really didn't expect him to continue it, but then when he keeps going, she starts laughing harder and harder. Finally, she's clutching her sides. "Okay Ronald, I can walk. Do you know any funny walks too, Ronald?" She hops down to her feet and grins.

"Look at my rubber leg walk, Louie!" She walks along, knees flailing comically from side to side, feet staying planted underneath her. The longer she does it, the harder she laughs. Finally, she winces in pain at her cheeks, and tears well in her eyes. She puts a cold hand on her cheek, and walks normally, becoming quiet and solemn. Ow....

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:04 am
by Laraqua
"I will not!" comes the vicious feminine scream from upstairs. Footsteps can be heard rushing across the floor above and a door is slammed open. "Briiiiiannnnaaa!" The name is screamed imploringly and tinged with a persuasive panic. There is something vibrantly maternal in the calling of that name like a mother robbed of her child.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:37 am
by trixie

Every hair on Brianna's head feels like it's standing on end, and she feels creepy shivers go down her back. She stops dead in her tracks, slowly turns around, wide eyed, at the voice carrying down the staircase. Shuddering at the sound and the abrupt, piercing cry, she looks like a lamb being led to the slaughter house, trusting and sure there is no real danger, and yet unknowing of the terrible fate that awaits her.

She slips her hand into Ronald's, who is standing next to her, and looks up at him. She is speechless for a moment, not knowing what to say, then says only, "I think she maybe knows me....." She shudders again, unable to shake the feeling of a cold finger tracing her spine. "I....I just......" Unable to draw a conclusion, she bursts into tears.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:53 am
by Piano man

Louie turns around at the sound of the woman's voice. He sees Brianna stopped and starts to panic.

"Ronald grab Brianna, and follow me. We need to get somewhere safe. I don't recognize that woman, and I know everyone who works here. Something is really wrong. I can just feel it.

Louie turns back around and heads the rest of the way down the stairs stopping at a door right near the bottom.

"I won't let anything happen to you Brianna. Ronald and I both will protect you. You trust us don't you?"

He waits for her answer before opening the door.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:11 am
by Laraqua
As Louie draws out the key to the room, the paramedic barrels down the stairs, something sharp grasped in her right hand. "Briiiiiannnaaaa, run!"

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:41 am
by Piano man

Louie turns the key without waiting for Brianna to answer, and slams it open in a fit of distress.

"Get in!" he barks, panicked at the sight of this crazy paramedic. "Hurry!"

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:59 am
by Laraqua
The SDR room is very different from the rest of the hospital. A small generator hums in an exposed closet to the right of the room as you enter and it keeps the temperature at a cozy level. There is a bed built into the upper right part of the wall, surrounded by cupboards and a counter containing a microwave which sits above a small refridgerator.

The left wall is covered in a red velvet cloth across the stepped shelving, upon which sits easily a hundred candles which keeps the room lit. Beneath the last shelf sits a ornate shrine that also looks somewhat like a doll's house. The tiled floor contains a large leaf-like symbol as does the ceiling and the back of the door. The windows show only the blackness of the outside world.

A doctor removes a cup of soup from the microwave and turns to regard the newcomers with a raised, quizzical eyebrow. A trio of nurses sit on cushions on the floor, playing a card game without bothering to look up. A man in a suit and a woman in a doctor's uniform look up from the clipboard he was holding.

"For all that is holy, shut the door, man," says the brunette woman doctor. She is a fifty-year-old woman with gentle smile lines, her salt-and-pepper hair coiled into a bun, her face touched with a minimum of make-up. Doctor Sutcliffe, head surgeon who sometimes also does the rounds in the Paediatrics section of Accident & Emergency.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:11 am
by trixie

Brianna turns and slams the door shut herself, now that Ronald and Louie are both inside with her, and flips the lock. She turns around slowly to the room, shuddering and wondering at this sudden turn in atmosphere.

"How in the world...." she begins to say, but stammers at the end of it, unsure of what words will do at this startling good luck. "You're all ok..." she says. "There's, like, CRAZY things out there!" She looks up at Ronald and Louie in a flood of relief.

"Of course I trust you, Louie." she says with a smile. "That lady.....she was......weird."

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 pm
by Piano man

Louie looks around the room at the nurses and Doctors and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Doctor Sutcliffe, Am I ever relieved to see you. I don't know if you know me. I'm Louie the janitor. This is Ronald, he's a children's entertainer, and of course you must know Brianna. She is a very special patient here. We were being chased by a crazy woman with a knife, and Brianna needs her pain meds. Could you please help, and while your at it. Could you look at my wounds and make sure I'm going to be ok."

Louie turns to Brianna and Ronald and says.

"It's ok, you can trust these people, they are obviously hiding as well."

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:22 pm
by Laraqua
Doctor Sutcliffe smiles briskly. "All right, get over to that bed and lie down. Nurse Foscarelli, Nurse Watts, see to him, will you?" She moves over to one of the cupboards and begins rummaging around. "Children's pain medication... Hmm... It doesn't appear that we have any here."

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:43 pm
by Piano man

Louie reaches into his pocket and pulls out the container of meds that he took.

"I know this is adult medication, but could you cut it up so that the dosage is low enough for Brianna. I wouldn't suggest going out in the hall right now with that crazy woman out there."

Louie tosses the medication to the doctor and lies down on the bed as instructed.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:47 pm
by Laraqua
"What crazy woman?" asks Doctor Sutcliffe, opening two cupboard doors to reveal three handguns, a shotgun and a rifle. "This hospital isn't all that it appears, my new friends. My associates and I have been trying to keep such a terrible calamity from occuring for quite some time. I never thought it would come to this ... but then, perhaps it is merely coincidental." She smiles at Ronald and Brianna. "Yes, we are survivalists. Nothing more, nothing less."

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:03 pm
by Piano man

Louie's eyes bug out at the sight of the guns.

"Well I guess you don't need to worry too much about a woman with a knife. Brianna really needs her medication. There is some on the cart by the Nurses station. Please take good care of her, she's been through enough already."

Louie looks over at Brianna with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face.

"Don't worry Padawan. I think we found a place that we can finally relax. I told you I'd take care of you."

You're all I have. My purpose for being here. I won't let anything happen to you.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:37 pm
by trixie

Brianna looks up at Louie and sees the tears starting to form in his eyes. Oh no...don't start crying...cuz then I'll cry too...

She turns to him and wraps her arms around his big waist to give him a hug. "Thank you, Louie." You're not going to leave now are you? She hugs him for a good minute, squeezing as tight as she can. Squeezy hugs are the best hugs.

She let's go of Louie and smiles at him, then walks over to Ronald. She tugs on his shirt. "I'm glad you got me away from that weird lady. Are you ok too?"

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald takes a deep breath and listens carefully with buggy eyes to everything Doctor Sutcliffe has to say. He can't believe what he's hearing. He puts Brianna down and stares blankly at the doctor and all his accomplices.
Laraqua wrote: My associates and I have been trying to keep such a terrible calamity from occuring for quite some time. I never thought it would come to this ... but then, perhaps it is merely coincidental." She smiles at Ronald and Brianna. "Yes, we are survivalists. Nothing more, nothing less."

Are you completely off your bird? Are you trying to tell us you started all this madness? What happened to the hospital? Where did you get all the sodding guns?

Ronald looks around the room for something he could use as a club or any sort of weapon. To the survivalists, he may look like a man on the brink of a mental breakdown. Ronald has never felt this kind of prolonged fear before. Being so close to Louie, he was reminded of another green long eared puppet with some sound philosophical observations. Something about fear leading to hate. And hate leading to something else entirely. Ronald was down with the hate though. That was one smart puppet.

Ronald points his finger at Doctor Sutcliffe and shouts.

Answer me... you dodgy little qwack!

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:13 pm
by trixie

Brianna looks from Ronald to the doctor, to Louie, eyes wide with astonishment. She looks back up at Ronald again. She's never seen him angry, and didn't know he could even get angry. She ducks behind Ronald, wanting to be out of the cross fire, and her mind is racing a mile a minute.

What's going on? Aren't we safe now? Or are these people nuts too? I hope Louie and Ronald don't leave me here alone with them! What if these people are crazy too??!!

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:06 am
by Laraqua
"We had nothing to do with this," said Doctor Sutcliffe with an airy sniff as she begins loading one of the shotguns. "We were merely prepared for it. Is it our fault we didn't expect anything of this intensity? Is it our fault the government wasn't similarly prepared? The information was out there for anyone who wanted to know."

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:06 am
by Piano man

Louie looks over at the Doctor and says

"Maybe you could share with us some of this information that we could have wanted to know. That is, if we had known that we needed to ask. What have you done to prepare for it. What can we expect?"

Louie
glances at Ronald and shrugs. He winces in pain as the nurses examine him. I hope I'm going to be ok.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:13 am
by Laraqua
"I've never heard of anything local that could cause such widespread destruction," says Dr. Sutcliffe. "We are, of course, prepared to last a week-long siege if we stay on strict rations. However, this room was never intended to out-last the collapse of the English civilization. We had intended on rescue. Perhaps if we went downstairs into the greater temple, we could at the very least retire to a safer place?"

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:39 am
by trixie

Brianna finds it hard to follow the conversation, and stays behind Ronald for the moment. She doesn't understand a lot of what the grown-ups are saying, but she does know ONE thing.....these doctors are playing cards while sick kids get eaten.

Brianna can't control herself any longer. Perhaps it was the pain, gnawing away at her face like an incessant vulture, or maybe it was her fear, multiplied of course to the power of terror.

In a burst, she yells at the doctor,"But there's sick kids upstairs! And you're playing cards and eating SOUP!" She shakes, embarassed that all eyes are on her. "Why are you all sitting here when we needed you?" Brianna submits to the tears streaming down her cheeks, and starts to sob. It's so scary in here....and the doctors don't want to help save anyone! That's what doctors do isn't it? We depended on them and they didn't care!

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:49 am
by Laraqua
Dr. Sutcliffe frowns. "As far as we knew, everyone was dead." A haunted look crosses her eyes. "We had no reason to suspect anyone has survived. I thought... Perhaps, there aren't just survivors in the hospital. Perhaps...? No, I shouldn't get up hope. Just because a few survived, a few isolated incidents, doesn't mean..." She turns back to the guns. "I didn't even consider... So this isn't the end, exactly, is it? Hmm..."

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:42 am
by trixie

"They're not dead," Brianna replies defiantly, and wipes the tears from her cheek. "But they're gonna be if you don't try at least."

She looks up at the doctor and furrows her brow. "There's these big things upstairs with metal claws, and they eat people! See what they did to Louie?" She points her finger at Louie, laying down, the nurse examining his wounds and pulling the bandages back a bit to expose the awful truth of his lacerated skin. Brianna continues to cry, unable to contain herself. The pain was overwhelming, and the oblivion of the doctors was aggravating at best.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:16 pm
by Piano man

Louie looks over at Brianna in hysterics. He takes a second to calm himself before responding.

"Brianna, calm yourself....please. They didn't know that people were still alive. I will take one of their shotguns and go to find people after they have checked me out. I've been out there from the beginning and know what to expect. I want you to stay here where it is safe. Can you promise me that."

Louie winces as the nurse examines his stiches.

" Am I going to be ok. Is there anything else you can do."

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:39 pm
by trixie

"I hurt a lot Louie. My cheeks hurt so much." Tears spring to her eyes again. "I don't want you to leave me here. How do you know these people aren't going to turn all weird when you leave?"

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:20 pm
by Piano man

Louie's eyes start to burn with anger. He looks up at the Doctor and Ronald and Says.

"Can we forget about the dam end of the world for two bloody minutes and get this girls some medication. Or do I have to get up and get it myself."

Louie starts to sit up on the bed pushing the nurses hands away.

"Give me the bloody gun so that I can go out to the nurses station and get the meds. Ronald stay here and take care of Brianna, and make sure she isn't too scared. Brianna, you'll be safe with Ronald."[/b]

Louie gets the rest of the way up and holds his hand out for the shotgun.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Don't worry Brianna, I'll stay here with you. These doctors still have alot of questions to answer.

Ronald tries to act tougher than he is. He reaches for a shotgun and holds it out in front of him, like he would a rotten sandwhich.

You go ahead Louie. If you find Jill or the meds or anybody else, bring em back here. Knock 3 times. I'll knock once. Then you knock twice. Got it? 3-1-2!

Before Louie takes off, Ronald turns to the doctors.

Wait! Do you survivalists have any walkie talkie's or a mobile?

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:08 am
by Laraqua
Ronald is passed a shotgun by a sweetly smiling nurse who then passes Louie a walkie-talkie. "I don't know if that will work out there," he says.

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:12 pm
by Piano man

Louie grabs the shotgun from Ronald and opens the door. He leads with the shotgun as he makes his way into the hall.

"Don't let anything happen to Brianna I'll be right back."

He makes his way over to the nurses station to grab the medication cart.

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:16 pm
by Laraqua
"Lachimera, Louie," says Dr. Sutcliffe.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:03 pm
by DSIGFUSS

After Louie leaves and closes the door, Ronald turns on Doctor Sutclife.

Please Doctor Sutcliffe, start from the beginning. What happened to the hospital? What's going on here?

Ronald has an uneasy expression of urgency on his face. He feels as if his eyeballs were to grow any larger, they would pop like grapes and if he blinked even once, he would lose his grip and fall into a rage he'd long forgotten as a child.

Tell me now!

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:38 am
by Laraqua
"What are you doing around the children, Ronald?" Dr. Sutcliffe countered. "I thought the court order prevented you from coming near them since what you did to those other kids. As to what we're doing here, when we heard about the chemical attack we were about to evacuate, then we saw that cloud. We decided we'd be safer in here. We haven't been out there since. Still, maybe all hope isn't lost." She passes a rifle to one of the nurses and a handgun to the administrator.

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:09 am
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald looks at the Doctor in shock and disbelief.

Are you mad? Why would you say that? I would never hurt these wee children.

Ronald looks at the shotgun in disgust and throws it on the ground.

What were you preparing for here? What are you playing at?

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 am
by trixie

Brianna looks uncomfortable as the shotguns are pulled out, and whimpers a bit in surprise. She goes to stand next to Ronald again, and stands a little behind him, looking up at him every so often as he speaks. She ignores the adults and their conversation for a moment, and finds solace in Edgar and his calm, sideways glance. She puts his cage right up to her nose so that she can see him, and waggles one finger between the wires. I hope this crazy stuff all goes away soon. Maybe this hospital is all a bad dream and I'll wake up soon.

She snaps back to reality, hearing the doctor say 'Ronald wasn't allowed to be near the kids'. Obviously they don't know Ronald very well! "Don't say that about Ronald! It's not true! He's a nice person and he's my friend!" Brianna looks at Ronald, crushed that they could say such a thing. I'd refuse to believe that! The doctors are crazy! I betcha they're weirdos just like all the rest of the people here!

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:01 am
by Laraqua
"I've told you that already," says Dr. Sutcliffe, irritated. "Asking me the same question twice isn't going to get you any further answers."

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:08 pm
by Piano man

Louie opens the door and pushes the cart in. He closes the door right behind him. His face is pale white, and he looks as if he has just stared death in the face. he pushes the cart over to the doctor and mutters.

"Here's the cart of meds. Give something to Brianna now so she is not in pain. Nurse can you get me something to drink? I think I might be sick."

Louie makes his way back over to the bed and lies down. He closes his eyes and reflects on what he just saw.

"You don't want to go out there. Not right now."

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:36 pm
by Laraqua
One of the nurse's dutifully locates the appropriate medicine - a pair of blue pills in this case - and offers it to Brianna with a small glass of water.

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:32 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Laraqua wrote: We had nothing to do with this," said Doctor Sutcliffe with an airy sniff as she begins loading one of the shotguns. "We were merely prepared for it. Is it our fault we didn't expect anything of this intensity? Is it our fault the government wasn't similarly prepared? The information was out there for anyone who wanted to know."

Before Louie gets back from his treck out in the hall, Ronald continues his conversation with Doctor Sutcliffe.

But you knew about it.... what was going to happen? Even had time to prepare for it? Didn't you? Tell me what you know Doctor...... please!

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:41 pm
by Laraqua
"We knew about another problem, that is all," says Doctor Sutcliffe. "These preparations have nothing to do with what is currently going on and thus we are actually quite ill-prepared. If you really think we knew exactly what was going on, don't you think this room would be larger? Or that our families would be in it? My husband is dead, Mr. Ronald, as are my children and grandchildren. I hold no illusions on that matter. If I had a choice, they would be with me right now but I don't, do I? To be honest, we only have food for a couple days with all of us in here. Less than a day if we did save those children. And then what? What should we do? Just go for a walk to the local supermarket? The human race has already lost. We're already dead."

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:39 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ok fine! You were preparing for some other apocalypse. Now what the H. E. - double hockey sticks was that bit about me and the children. Why did you say that?

In all honesty, that comment hurt Ronald deeply. Every second thought he had since, flashed back to that accusation. Whatever prompted Doctor Sutcliffe to attack him like that, Ronald wouldn't let it rest.

[O.C. - It's fair if Louie comes in after Doctor Sutcliffe answers this question if Louie was only gone for a minute.]

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 pm
by trixie

Brianna is still lost in her own thoughts, watching Edgar intently. She glances up every so often at the doctors and nurses, glad to have Ronald standing in front of her, and for the most part, ignores the conversation entirely. She wasn't really sure what apocalypse meant anyway. Alls I know is, I don't like these doctors. I'm glad I'm not here with them all by myself.

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:59 am
by Laraqua
Louie enters and lays down. Sutcliffe moves over to him. The two nurses, now armed with handguns, turn to Ronald and Brianna, gesturing as they speak

"We'd better get out there," says the first nurse, swinging her hands up in an effusive gesture and firing off a shot. It goes wide, [url=
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1200010]her shot hitting the door frame[/url].

"Let's go." The other nurse, simultaneously, uses the gun as though to point at the door but the gun goes off, biting deepinto Ronald's shoulder.

"Agappa." Sutcliffe tsks and starts swinging her rifle up to aim at Louie.

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:11 pm
by Piano man

Louie's eyes grow wide as he sees the gun pointed at him.

"Ok..Ok I'm not going to do anything. What's going on, don't hurt Brianna. Shit is Ronlad ok? Look I don't know what happened in the minute that I was gone, but I'm sure we can work this out."

Louie is still laying in the bed staring wide eyed at the rifle. It occurs to him that he still has the shotgun laying in bed with him. Then it occurs to him that he's not that fast or stupid so he takes his hand off of the gun.

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Owww!

You shot me, you stupid git!

Ronald hits the floor and pulls Brianna down with him. He stares at the woman who shot him and tries to get a sense of wether it actually was an accident.

Louie! Brianna! Get Down!

Ronald takes cover behind one of the gurneys and reaches for the shot gun he threw on the floor earlier.

God I hate guns!

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:39 am
by trixie

Brianna screams in surprise. She hits the floor, falling on top of Ronald as he yanks her down, and winces. She rolls to the side, tears streaming down her cheeks, and crawls behind one of the gurneys as well, still crying uncontrollably.

"Ronald! Ronald.....(sobbing).......oh my gosh......"

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:16 am
by Laraqua
There are no gurneys or cover of any kind. There is only one bed, embedded within the far right corner of the room, upon which Louie lies. The shotgun is nearby but you realise with a horrible sinking sensationthat the gun Ronald had grabbed from her hands was never loaded.

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:03 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald hold his wounded shoulder and stares up at the nurse from the floor with contempt, burning in his eyes.

You shot me! Why did you shoot me? It'll be OK Brianna, just stay behind me!

Ronald looks at Louie and waits for his move.

What do you want from us?

[O.C. Ronald readies himself to dodge if the nurse points the gun at him or Brianna again.]

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:05 pm
by Piano man

Louie looks over at Ronald with concern, and says with a pleading sound to his voice.

"Ronald....keep quiet. I mean man they have guns, and they shot you already."

He addresses Doctor Sutcliffe.

"Please just leave us here. Ronald isn't a threat, none of us are. We need each other to survive. That's all we are trying to do. Just like you. Leave us if you want, but please don't hurt us. Look at Brianna, she's terrified. I've known you long enough to know that you wouldn't want to scare a child. I'm begging you please...let the three of go."

Louie is fighting back tears as he pleads for his friend's life. He is the first adult to truely treat me like a friend. I can't let him go down like this. We're like Luke and Han.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:14 am
by Laraqua
"Sure, you can both stay," says Dr. Sutcliffe with a wry smile. She takes down another pistol, this one a dart gun, and loads it cautiously. "You two have a choice. Two darts or a syringe?" She gestures to the administrator who draws out two syringes.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:03 pm
by trixie
Brianna has stood up since the doctors started eyeing Ronald and Louie. They didn't even say they were sorry!

"IT'S NOT VERY NICE TO SHOOT SOMEONE YOU KNOW!!!!" she yells at the doctors. She stands there staring at them incredulously.

In a fit of rage, she charges doctor Sutcliffe and starts beating him with her fists. "HOW DARE YOU! YOU'RE SO MEAN! YOU'RE NOT GONNA GIVE THEM A NEEDLE! I WON'T LET YOU!" She punches over and over, madly crying and screaming her words. Tears stream down her cheeks.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:56 pm
by Piano man
Laraqua wrote: "Sure, you can both stay," says Dr. Sutcliffe with a wry smile. She takes down another pistol, this one a dart gun, and loads it cautiously. "You two have a choice. Two darts or a syringe?" She gestures to the administrator who draws out two syringes.

Louie bolts upright with the shotgun as the doctor turns to get the dartgun. He points the shotgun at at Doctor Sutcliffe, and says" Dontaga....I mean don't move. No one is taking Brianna away from me. Now tell them to put their guns down and move away from the door and no one gets hurt."

He slowly rises to his feet keeping the gun trained on Dr. Sutcliffe. "They may shoot me but not before I drop you. Your in charge here so tell them to listen. We will leave and you never have to see us again." Do you feel lucky punk....well do ya

Occ Louie already made sure the gun was loaded in the hall when he met the...........

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:09 am
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald lifts himself up to his feet. His knees shake with fear and his shoulder pounds with pain. When Brianna charges the doctor, Ronald gathers up every ounce of courage he can muster. With the empty shoutgun, he grips the barrel with both hands and raises it over his head like a baseball bat. Ronald loses a bit of his confidence, remembering how the outfielders used to move in every time he was up at bat.

Get your hands off the girl you maladjusted wanker!

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:01 am
by Laraqua
Dr. Sutcliffe sighs and turns to Louie as Brianna beats at her legs. She places her hands on Brianna's shoulders to carefully wrench her away, the dart pistol clasped in one of her hands.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:20 am
by Piano man

Louie watches as Dr. Sutcliffe pushes Brianna away. He stares her in the eyes and lifts the barrel of the gun. Louie speaks, his voice cracking at first.

"So what's it going to be. You going to let us go, or do I have to shoot you? Brianna get behing Ronald."

Louie starts to circle around towards the door. Keeping the gun pointed at the doctor the entire time.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:25 am
by Laraqua
Dr. Sutcliffe looks profoundly sad. For a moment, she is a lost daughter, a grieving widow, a bereaved mother. In her face is etched all the pain, misery and confusion of the situation. "I am willing to make this sacrifice." She fires her tranquiliser dart into Ronald's leg and then goes to reload her gun.

OOC: You each have one round to act before she reloads. After this round, Louie must roll Con x 5 to stay awake, and if he fails, then Con x 4, Con x 3, Con x 2, Con x 1. If he can stay awake 20 rounds, he will have shrugged off the sedative.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:36 am
by Piano man

Louie lowers his shotgun with tears in his eyes he looks at Brianna.

"I'm so sorry Brianna. I can't kill someone..I.....I.....I just can't do it."

Louie drops the shotgun onto the bed and waits for the dart. Oh I hope this doesn't hurt too much

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:05 am
by trixie
Brianna seethes with rage at having been flicked aside like an annoying bug. She shrieks in frustration.

She shoves the doctor hardagain, this time putting more strength in. "Leave us alone!"she shouts crossly.

She sees the gun laying on the ground, and bends to pick it up without thinking twice. She holds it awkwardly, looking it over then, and then slowly looks up at the doctor.

"Leave us alone! Or I'll......I'll shoot!" Brianna stands only a few feet from the doctor shaking and red faced in anger.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:11 am
by Laraqua
"You have a chance to save the world," says Dr. Sutcliffe. "But your friends won't allow it. Please, you say you fear for those other children? Without your help, all other children will die. Even you! Look around you, you can't survive this any more than anyone else."

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:38 am
by trixie

"LIAR!!!" Brianna screams enraged. Without thinking, she squeezes the trigger of the gun pointed directly at Sutcliffe.

"EEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" Brianna shrieks as the gun kicks back, and pushes her backwards. Tears stream down her cheeks and she sobs, still holding onto the gun tightly.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:45 am
by Laraqua
There's nothing but blood and gore. Her mouth tastes of iron and raw meat. It hangs in her hair, off her fingers. The others can tell by the angle of the shot, that the blast went more upwards then forwards, and so much of what was Sutcliffe hits the ceiling and flops down as warm, wet slop. Sutcliffe is on the ground, a hole bored through her chest, her neck torn open. Much of her doesn't even appear human. Yet her left leg kicks out, a stray nerve firing repeatedly, causing the revealed internal organs and glistening bone to jiggle.

Neither does Brianna, who stands with the gun in her hands, her hair matted with gore, blood running across her face, dripping from the ceiling.

The rest of the staff look from Brianna to Sutcliffe in shock, then slowly raise their hands.

(Everyone - 0/1d4 sanity loss except for Brianna who suffers 1d4/1d6+2 sanity loss for not only killing someone for the first time but doing it grotesquely and because that's BOUND to give her nightmares.)

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:03 am
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald whimpers to himself as the gore explodes all around him.

Brianna No!

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:33 am
by Laraqua
"M-Melissa?" queries Dullard, the administrator. His eyebrows arch a moment, then knit together, as though he were deep in thought. He looks at the body, at Brianna, confusion written all over his face. "I don't ... I don't ... why?" His face clears somewhat, becoming slightly blank. "Everyone's ... going to die and it's all because of you." He stares at Brianna a moment before falling to his knees. "This can't be... We fought for so long."

"Is it over?" asks Nurse Hammond. Brianna recognises her now as the nurse who had tended to her in the burn ward. She had spent so much of her time in the ward groggy from drugs that she didn't automatically recognise the woman.

"Yes," says Dullard. "Yes, it's all over."

"Did we lose?"

"I think we all lost."

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:56 pm
by Piano man
Louie looks at the remains of Dr. Sutcliffe and turns to vomit. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1206283

"What did you do?"

Louie sits on the bed, clearly in shock over what just happened

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:06 pm
by Laraqua
EXP REWARD: Attempting a safe haven, First Aiding, role playing and murdering Sutcliffe. 6 skill points to be assigned as you will.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:07 pm
by trixie
Brianna stands shaking, still holding the gun, and looking at the other doctors reproachingly.

"Don't any of you go anywhere! Nobody's taking me anywhere, GOT IT?!!"

Brianna is working off a voice inside her head alone.....she never trusted that doctor, especially after she shot Ronald. Where did they want to take me? I betcha they thought that they could kill me....and that it would stop all this.....why didn't Louie do anything about it??!! He just stood there! Brianna looks at Louie darkly, and wipes her face, trying to get the bits of blood off.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:10 pm
by Laraqua
Dullard doesn't react to her threats, choosing to merely sit there, tears rolling silently down his cheeks.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:49 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Ronald stares at the bloody mass that used to be Dr. Sutcliffe and then looks down to the dart sticking into his leg! He chuckles madly for a few seconds as his head starts to feel very heavy. Ronald fights off the effects of the tranquilizer dart and then rounds on Brianna.

Brianna! Come here sweetheart?

Ronald takes the shotgun from Brianna and throws it on the ground behind him and away from the nurses. He hugs her tight and glares at the nurses. He feels his head start to swim again and quickly rises to tis feet.

Give me those syringes you wankers!

Ronald takes a step towards Dullard hoping to take advantage of his distraught state. He tries to grab the syringe from Dullard's hand.

Louie? Help!

[O.C. - I made my first save vs the tranquilizer last night but you guys posted the whole shotgun scene so I erased it. I can't find a record of it on invisible castle. Con x5 = 60%. I also made a successful grapple check which I'll use when trying to get the syringe away from Dullard, if she resisits. Grapple (25%) rolled 24.]

[O.C. - What do we roll for a sanity check?]

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 pm
by Laraqua
[O.C. - rolls accepted. Dullard won't resist. There are only two syringes, though, not enough for the five staff members. They're all looking pretty morose at the moment, though. Also, you roll your POW x 5 for sanity.]

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:02 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald quickly looks for the tranquilizer gun.

I have to put all these evil, crazy people to bed before I pass out.

Louie, Help me?

Ronald shakes himself awake and searches frantically for the tranquilizer darts Dr. Sutcliffe was trying to reload with.

[O.C. - Sanity 85 roll -Pass]

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:08 pm
by Laraqua
There are only three darts and one was used. They would need to be refilled if he were to use them again and again ... without knowing the kind of dose he needed to use, this might become even more lethal.

"She murdered her, there was no reason," says Dr. Dullard. "No reason at all. What about her children? What about her family? You think that filthy brat is worth the world? You're all going to die! You're all going to die! And you're going to drag the world down with you... You there, looking so high-and-mighty, you'd sacrifice the world for one person and call yourself a hero? Genocidal murderor! Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're no there!" His voice drops. "Can't you hear them baying for your blood?"

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:45 pm
by Piano man
Louie walks over to the dart gun and picks it up. He turns to talk to Ronald

"What's the plan Ronald?"

Louie walks over to stand behind Ronald and Brianna and picks up the shotgun. Walking up behind Ronald Louie clubs him in the back of the head with the but of the gun.

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:54 am
by trixie

Brianna yanks the tranquilizer gun away from Louie when he's busy holding the shotgun, and runs towards the door. She fumbles with it for a minute, trying to see if it's worth it to shoot.

"Louie.....you're an awful person!" she shouts tearfully. "I wish you were never my friend!" These doctors were saying really unkind words to her, and now it appeared Louie was forgetting what side he was on. Brianna felt more alone than ever before.

[O.C. Sanity roll (26) http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1207459, Sanity loss (1) http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1207457 And let me know if I need to roll to grab the gun]

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:33 am
by DSIGFUSS
Ronald drops like sac of hammered shit.

Crap-erjacks!

The tranquilizer gun slips out of his hand as he crumples to the floor and passes out.

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:38 pm
by Piano man

Louie looks at Ronalds body laying crumpled on the floor. He notices Brianna go for the tranquilizer gun and issues orders to those left in the room.

"Sieze her, and tie them up. I need to think."

Louie walks away from Brianna expecting to be obeyed.

"And don't hurt her."

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:42 am
by Laraqua
The cultists attempt to grab Brianna but only one manages to lay his hands on her. Brianna comes face to face with the crying Dr. Dullard.

(OOC: A grapple is a special personal attack that may be parried by a countering successful Grapple or other attack by the target, but only in the first round of attack. If you successfully undo his attempt, you may make another action on your turn.)

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:10 am
by trixie

Brianna tries to dodge the cultist, but before she knows it, they're on her. She wriggles and squirms, trying to bitethe one's hand, but can't hold on.

"NO!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!" she screams, crying and squirming to fight them.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:03 am
by Piano man

Louie walks to the closet and opens it. Inside is a long black robe which he removes and puts on. It jingles a little as he puts it on the bells sounding almost menacing, like a high pitched scream. He raises his hood and his face disappears into the darkness. He turns back to the nurses and doctors making a low angry almost primal sound.

"You had better not harm one hair on her head. I hold you personally responsible for what just happened here. You knew who I was and what my job was yet you chose to go against me, to ignore what I said. I should have you report for pennace. I need to find a new sacrifice, and it is going to be your job to move these two down to the temple. They can't stop my progress too many lives depend on it."

Louie walks to the cupboard and starts loading shotgun shells into the gun. Only about 4 fit in the gun, so he stuffs as many as he can in his pocket. He slides the gun under his cloak and turns to the door.

"One of you grab the other shotgun and come with me. Make sure you bring shells."

OCC Louie is unconcerned with the struggle with Brianna, and stands there waiting for one of them to respond.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:56 am
by Laraqua
OOC: That's about a three-round action. No problem with that as Brianna's in no position to interrupt you but it does mean that you don't get to act for the next three turns as it stands. However, we will count this as a declared action for the next three rounds, if Brianna does something you want to interrupt, you can just shorten your post and do so. This means, Trixie, you only have the first third of the post to go on for your next roun d, then the second third, then the rest of it.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:09 am
by trixie

Brianna shoots the cultistin the leg with the tranquilizer gun. "Get off of me!" she shouts as she does.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:24 am
by Piano man
OOC: Yeah sorry got carried away. I have no problem with that.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:47 am
by Laraqua
The cultists make another attempt, this time, Brianna needs to dodge two of them if she hopes to get away. Her gun is now unloaded.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:53 pm
by trixie
Brianna squirms again, but the cultist grabs her solidly. The other lunges at her as well, determined to help, but his grip is not as fierce on her. Brianna screams a blood curdling scream as they pounce on her.

"EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NO!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!" She squirms and struggles but it does no good. Again she tries to bite, but can't get a hold.

In desperation, she screams again, "Ronald! WAKE UP!!! ROOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAALD!!!!"

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:57 pm
by Laraqua
The cultist catches hold of her and attempts to immobile her so that the others might bind her ankles and wrists. She succeeds, holding Brianna down while another Dullard stumbles forward with a sedative.

"Nighty night," says Dullard happily.

Re: Louie

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:03 am
by Piano man

Louie walks up to the cultists. His robe gives him an intimitating presence, his face hidden in the shadows. He stand up to his full hieght and looks down on them.

"I still expect you to carry out my orders. Take them down below to the food storage area and lock them up. Keep them safe and treat them well, but post a guard. Ronald is going to have a lot of questions when he wakes up. Answer them, but be vague. He is a good man, and he could be useful to us. If I find out they were mistreated in any way I willl personally deal with you. Hammond grab a shotgun and some shells your coming with me."

Louie fiddles with his robe silencing the bells. The element of suprise is going to be his greatest weapon now. He notices the cultist still standing around looking at him.

"MOVE!!!!! Do what I say, and load your guns. Your going to need them out there. It's worse than we anticipated. Does anyone have any questions before we leave."

He looks around making eye contact with each person almost daring them to disagree with him.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:05 am
by Laraqua
"We should be dressed for the ritual as we may never again get the chance," says Hammond uneasily as she reloads her dart gun. "Angels of light and dark..." she murmurs. She quickly and decisively begins loading the other guns and handing them out. "First, what is actually out there?"

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:11 am
by Laraqua
There's the sound of an explosion from upstairs, followed by a long and groaning noise of something deep within the hospital coming loose - the very floor and walls vibrate. Then as suddenly as it started, it was over.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:30 am
by Piano man

Louie ducks at the sound of the explosion. He touches his neck to check the vial even though he knows it's still there, and looks around the room with fear in his eyes thankful that hood hides his face. Louie grips the shot gun even tighter as though that might make him safe.

"I don't really know what's up there. There are some metal wire things that seem to hunger for blood and human flesh. One of the reasons I'm taking you is that you know more than me about theses kind of things. I'm hoping that knowlege will help keep us safe. Bring anything you think will come in handy, and let's get going.

He looks around the room at the other cultists preparing to leave with Ronald and Brianna. Ronald I hope that one day you understand, and please take care of Brianna. I love her like she was my own daughter.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:35 am
by Laraqua
"Wire thing? We were told about bleeding zombies, bizarre fish-men and giant, intelligent insects people ride like beasts," says Hammond as she wears her ritual paraphernalia beneath her nurse's uniform and a doctor's coat that she puts over the top. She picks up one of the shotgun and passes the other to Louie.

Dullard still cries tearfully for his beloved as he helps carry Ronald, leaving Brianna to someone else. Only one of the other group of cultists can carry her gun openly as the others will all have their hands full.

"You ready?" Hammond asks.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:53 am
by Piano man

Louie nods at Hammond and heads for the door. He stops a couple of feet from the door and cocks the shotgun. Louies memories of that creature out there are still to fresh. He looks at Hammond and signals there to open the door.

"Stand back Tana, there is a creature out there. It might be on the other side of that door."

He looks at the cultist holding Brianna.

"Don't let anything happen to her. It wants her."

Louie braces himself and waits for Hammond to open the door.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:57 am
by Laraqua
Hammond nods and opens the door into darkness, her torchlight blazing a trail through the dark. She looks about without moving her torch, so as to not give away their position, and sees another flashlight pointing at the stairwell from the left corridor. She switches off her flashlight. They will have enough light to see in the excess given from that flashlight.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:08 am
by Piano man

Louie head out the door first leading once again with the shot gun. He heads towards the stairs keeping to the shadows.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:00 pm
by Piano man

Louie waits for the people to climb the stairs and then signals everyone to move out. As Hammond comes up beside him he speaks to her in a whispered voice.

"If we run into anyone you do the talking. I'll try sticking to the shadows as much as possible. If you need me I'll never be far away. Don't worry I've got you covered. We need to get up to the children's ward. That is where the wires are. I have this vial that can help with the wires. I hope they aren't all dead now, Jill is up there, and she is trying to get the children out. We'll need to convince her to leave so that we can grab one of them."

Louie continues to the stairs always watching for danger.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:03 pm
by Laraqua
"I understand," says Hammond as she watches the cultists leave for the secret entrance to the basement.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:26 am
by Piano man

As they walk the silence is too much for Louie. With the robe on he feel one hundred percent more confident, but that's still not enough to keep him from wanting out. Where would he go? Where could he go? He couldn't get away from it, so he might as well kick it's ass. I just hope I don't puke, or pass out. Finally breaking the silence he whispers to Hammond.

"Tana can I admit something to you, he doesn't wait for her to respond. I'm scared, just a little, and I'm glad your the one that came with me. Plus Ronald is a good man, but when I hit him......it felt...good. I mean I felt more powerful then I've ever felt before. He is my friend....was my friend, but he was going to screw everything up. I had to do it."

Louie stops talking because he realizes he is still trying to come to terms with what he did to Ronald. He really did wish he didn't have to do it, and he also wishes that it didn't feel so good.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:30 am
by Laraqua
Hammond gives him a wry smile. "That is why they chose you for your role. I am a sorceror for my robust intellect and lack of imagination. The magics don't warp me as much as they would others. You, you will struggle internally with your own desire for power. That is what will make the Sacrifice's realisation in that final moment before you impale her eyes on the spike and rob her of one of her few senses before plunging her into the lake, so much more potent. The fact that you will enjoy it."

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:35 am
by Piano man

Louie cringes inside his cloak at her words. I don't want to stab anyone's eyes out. I'm still not going to enjoy that. I hope.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:42 pm
by Laraqua
A panicked screech and then the cries of a sobbing child can be heard coming from upstairs.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:04 pm
by Piano man

As they approach the top of the stairs Louie looks around the corner and notices all the people standing there talking. They sure are making a lot of noise. I guess it'll be that much easier to remain unseen. He turns to Hammond and whispers.

"Listen....they are going to expect me to be with Ronald and Brianna still. I need you to go up there and try to get rid of them. Scare them if you have to. Tell them something scarey is coming up the stairs. You of all people should be able to come up with some sort of description. I'll wait here for now, but I won't be far away. I don't want anyone else to get hurt, but I want them out of the way.

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:38 am
by Laraqua
"I understand," she says with a brief nod and readies herself to head up to the others.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:51 am
by Laraqua
Hammond and Louie sink back into the ground floor as the others come down to the Dispencry. Hammond murmurs to herself, gesticulating in wild patterns, casting spells of self-protection.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:09 am
by Piano man

When the others leave Louie emerges from the dispencery and approaches Hammond.

"Well Tana. It seems that this little matter has put a sense of urgency into their step. They won't be able to take all of the children with them in one trip. So when they leave we will find us a new sacrifice. Although the one child with them seems to be a good fit, even if he is a little cynical. What do you think. Would an awake child make any differance. This is your specialty. It's a shame that we have to do this at all, but I guess one life is worth many.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:13 am
by Laraqua
Tana sighs. "To be honest, I don't know. The relationship between betrayer and sacrifice ought to take weeks of development... Of course, any child is better than none. In the confusion, we shall get what child we can. Trust may be hard to build but in a crazy time like this, trust should build fast."

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:09 pm
by Piano man
Laraqua wrote: The relationship between betrayer and sacrifice ought to take weeks of development...

"It sounds like the relationship might be part of the requirement. Maybe a quickly built relationship would be better than none at all. They already trust me a little, and then I can try and make sure that no one, who doesn't have to, dies. The only problem I have is this thing seems to be getting out of control. I'm wondering if we have the time to build even a quick relationship."

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:37 pm
by Laraqua
Tana simply closes her eyes.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:55 am
by Piano man

Tanar watches Tana close her eyes, and stands ready in case she falls. He stands in silence watching her, trying to guage whether she needs help or not. I'm so confused. I wish I knew what was going on.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:54 am
by Laraqua
"All right, we need to get a child to the temple," says Tana. "I'm getting the feeling that they won't be all going on that chopper... The damn fools will trust this place over getting up in the air. I'm not sure I blame them. Let's wait till some have gone of the helicopter. At the very least, even if all wanted to go, they couldn't."

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:35 pm
by Piano man

Tanar nods his head thinking about the situation.

"I think that we should be prepared to capture an adult as well. Something tells me that they aren't going to leave the children unattended while they are going upstairs. I may have to take my cloak off and approach as Louie. Then when whoever it is least expects it I can sedate them. We will have to bring them with us too. Who ever it is can share a spot with Ronald and Brianna in the storage room. What do you think?"

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:18 am
by Laraqua
"Sedate a group of adults? Unlikely. We'll need a better plan."

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:53 am
by Piano man

Louie chuckles to himself. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't listen sometimes. In this situation anything that brings a moment of humour to his life seems like a momentous occassion so repeating himself doesn't seem like a chore.

"Actually I was hoping to only have to sedate one adult. They can't possibley move all the children at once, and if I don't miss my guess they will try not to leave any behind. I think that at least one of them will stay and stand guard over the remaining children. I believe the only way we will be able to remove even one child will be to deal with what ever adult is present. I'm hoping to not have to kill anyone, but I will if it comes to that. Like I said before the life of one or two is nothing compared to the rest of humanity as we know it.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:55 am
by Laraqua
"Understood," says Nurse Hammond. "You're the boss."

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:58 am
by Piano man

"Did you happen to bring anything we could use to sedate someone or do we have to go back downstairs. When I asked you to grab anything you thought would come in useful I hope one of those sedatives you had made up were one of them."

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:01 am
by Laraqua
She draws up her skirt and shows him the hydraulic needle she has strapped to one thigh, the automatic pistol she has strapped to the other, then she gives him a little, coy smile.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:08 am
by Piano man

Louie let's himself enjoy the moment and actually laughs out loud, although quietly. We're just like Bonnie and Clyde.

"I knew I chose you to come with me for a reason. I'm guessing that the person that will stay behind will be Jill. She lives for the children. Do you know her, and does she know you?"

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:11 am
by Laraqua
"Well, yes, of course, I normally work the nurse's station on the second floor," says Hammond, smiling.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:18 am
by Piano man

Maybe you should be the one to approach if it is her left behind. I think that I would creep her out. No matter what I wore.

Dam I wish I could remain composed around her.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:24 am
by Laraqua
"No problem," says Hammond. "Your wish is my command."

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:29 am
by Piano man

Now we just bide our time and wait for our moment.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:16 pm
by Piano man

"It looks like we need to split up. You head up stairs I'll track down two others. You know what to do. I'll meet up with you later."

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:27 pm
by Hammond
Hammond looks up the stairs and replies. "Understood." With that Hammond makes her way up the stairs.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:57 am
by Laraqua
Louie starts finding his way back to reception. Noises skitter beneath the wheels of a nearby car. There is a bump and one car begins rolling forward as though its hand brake was just taken off. It rolls forward into the hospital wall, cutting off his avenue of retreat. He can try getting over the bonnet or he can step around.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:34 am
by Piano man
Louie tries to step around the car keeping his flashlight pointing all around trying to spot anything.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:28 am
by Laraqua
Footsteps behind him.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:40 am
by Piano man
Louie spins around and points the gun where he hears the foot steps.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:41 am
by Laraqua
A 12-year-old girl stands a dozen feet away, her head tilted forward, wet, long blonde hair hanging down to the left and right of her face. Water drips from her finger tips to the floor. Her clothes are wet, too, hanging from her body with the weight of the water. Her eyes are rolled up, revealing only the whites.

Her fashion:

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 pm
by Piano man

Louie start to panic a little when he see the child, but is tired of running from everything. He aproaches the child with his shot gun lowered.

"What do you want from me? Stop following me. I know what you are and I'm going to stop you. You'll have to kill me to stop me."

He stands there waiting for a response.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:34 pm
by Piano man
occ edited my last post.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:47 pm
by Laraqua
A girlish giggle sounds behind him. The skipping feet. A little boy humming.

The girl in front of him continues to stand there, their eyes rolled back.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:49 pm
by Piano man

Louie swings around, in a panic, with the shotgun and shoots wildly at whatever is behind him.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:55 pm
by Laraqua
Louie misses, his gun discharging into the side of a vehicle, lifting it up and dropping it down. Three children stand in view, a boy on the boot of a cat, a girl on the other, and another girl with her hands on the boot and the bonnet as she stands between them. Ten, eight and seven, or so they appeared. None move as he watches them.

From behind, a little sobbing sound and tiny footsteps run along behind him, coming close but circling around.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:58 pm
by Piano man

Louie is in full fledge panic mode as he reaches for the vial around his neck. He removes it and yells.
"Back off. I'll use this and then you'll be sorry."

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:01 pm
by Laraqua
"Why-iiiie?" asks a girl's voice behind us.

"Won't you play with us mister?" asks a boy's.

"Hold my hand," murmurs the girls.

"Would you hurt the children?" comes a voice, holy and helpful from behind his shoulder. It sounds familiar. Old, female, gentle.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:11 pm
by Piano man

Louie turns and looks for the old lady. His shoulders slump as he lowers his shotgun and returns the vial to the place around his neck. His voice betrays the weariness and deep seeded anxiety he has been harbouring.

"No I can't hurt the children. I'm just like my father. I'm a lousy betrayer. I can't do it.........I just don't have it in me........I can't hurt any children and the world is going to suffer for it. You might as well kill me. I won't fight you. I......I can't hurt children. What did I do to Brianna she was so alone.....so scared. I have to save her. Even if she can't forgive me.

Louie lowers his hood and reveals his tear streaked face for what it is. He is a tired, scared, balding, weak man.