TRIXIE'S BAR AND GRILL

The Vikings have just begun settling the new world and have set their sights on Helluland. “The Land of Flat Stone” Can the ancient Eskimo inhabitants stop the Viking invasion or will the Vikings fulfill their prophecy and cover the flat rocks of Helluland in blood and steel.

Choose your side. Protect your people and intermingle with ancient Inuit creatures as Baffin Island is torn asunder by Viking steel and myth.

Choose your side. Join the invading Viking army and clear the way for Iceland’s settlers as Helluland’s native Inuit people and their gods are put to the sword and the axe.

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: TRIXIE'S BAR AND GRILL

Post by trixie »

Your stripper wife called. She smashed the back window of your car to get her tip back. hahah Some people are SOOOO cheap!
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Happy Birthday Dan!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

What about mee?????? It was my birthday before his....and it IS my bar.......LMAO!!!!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

I wished ya both a Happy Bithday via FB. Didn't want to interrupt all the bar banter to announce a spanking is in order.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Thanks guys! I'm really glad I've had the opportunity to meet all of you here on Yog and the guys and gals of Dark and Moody too. It's been a real pleasure playing with all of you!

I hope we're all still playing when we're old and gray. Well in Andrew's case just old. Based on the bad ass pictures I've seen... there is no gray! lol. Just kidding buddy! You guys are awesome!!!

Dan
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I got the gray in my beard ... but I plan on playing until I forget that I was playing due to Alzheimers.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Did I hear someone is handing out spankings????? :D
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Only if you ask nicely. >:)
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Just rocked up to this game and wanted to say hi! Some of you I know through over games on these boards, some I don't. I'm Hal (AirborneXO here and pretty much every other board I'm a member of) long-in-the-tooth gamer, high-school history teacher, Yoggie Patron, bad DIY-er from Manchester in the UK.

I currently run Malleus Calixis a Dark Heresy / Call of Cthulhu crossover campaign - I am actually attempting the Complete Masks of Nyarlathotep in the 40k setting. Am running a classic Masks games with the a small group IRL, punctuated by Arkham horror that we have modded with a homebrew Buffy the Vampire Slayer cardset. Though most evenings we never actually get off multiplayer guitar-hero / rockband.

Oh and its not airborne hugs and kisses in case you're wondering, its Airborne Executive Officer because I am obsessed with the US Paras of WW2 and Stephen Ambrose captivated me!

AND just reading back a couple of pages I got married in Vegas (thou not to a stripper!) :D

Cheers, Hal
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Hi Hal. I tried to run a Masks game play-by-post before ... problem is the pace is so slow most everyone forgets all the important bits (like what their motivation is). It's a great campaign. I'd love to play it for real sometime... but it's probably not in the books.

I'm Thomas, run darkandmoodyforums.com and play several games on here as well. I'm from Maryland, USA living near the Chesapeake Bay. I work R&D for my job... RF test engineer. Not nearly as rewarding as molding the minds of children (unless you look at the paycheck).

Glad to have you with us.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

YES Welcome Airbornexo...

Just watch out for Trixie in here... I had to hand over ownership of my OC thread to her a while back. She made me sign over the place like a straight up gangsta!

Just be careful! lol
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

I think Airborne hugs and kisses is a much better name. heheh! But seriously, welcome here! :D

Ya ya, Dsigfuss is still mad he handed over the joint, but you shoulda heard what he was going to name it! He gets his revenge in many talented ways....watch out! :shock:
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

It's true. I do like me some sweet delicious revenge! :twisted: :twisted:
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Good morning people. I'm just coming in, still have to read up on my character tho ;)

My name is Piotr (that's Peter in english) and I live in Warsaw, Poland. Working on my masters thesis on diffraction grating measurements, finishing Oticianry school, running a lacrosse team or two and taking care of my recently aquired wife (not in vegas and also not a stripper :D ). I'm also running a rerun of the Haunting here. I'm really trying to get everything in order, and I'm slowly starting to succeed. Last week was a breakthrough so I think it'll be good :)

Since this is a bar, can I have a Ciechan Miodowy?

Cheers! :)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sure zielonobrody...

Now what exactly are you getting your masters in again? One of my other players in my game, Basketvector, has a doctorate in something complicated too. He's explained it to me before and now I just tell people he does Fish Math.

Me.. I'm a raspberry scientist!

SO what eactly is diffraction grating measurements,

And what does an Oticianry school educate you in? lol

Welcome to helluland Zielonobrody!!!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

I know this ain't th' Irish thread but I got me a pint 'o brew and its St. Patty's Day an' all.....soooo......

CHEERS TO ALL TH' IRISH IN THIS 'ERE PUB!!!!

PS Welcome Zieolonbrody! That beer will cost you dearly on your tab, darlin....and I hope you plan on paying it sometime soon! Sheesh! :lol:
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

I'm sure you know what a prism does with white light, right? It splits the light into a rainbow. Well gratings are sort of like that, except not :D Imagine a frame 1"x1" with tiny wires set up vertically next to each other, very thin and very close together. If you shine light on it, the beam will be cut up and will diffract, meaning interfere behind the frame and create a diffraction pattern. Now we take it a step further and cut lines in glass, we can make the lines in different depths and depending on them we'll get different diffraction patterns like this. The next step is programming tiles of different depth, and they will produce holograms, so you can make whole images appear.

So I'm trying to measure them in a different way than before by taking a picture of the pattern and analyzing it.

Opticianry school teaches me how to pick and make glasses for a customer. I'll be able to open my own practice afterwards. It's mostly private sector here, not many big corporations like Vision Express and such. I just ate the "p" ;)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

*Sigh* We're all on pause while Dan plays video games......he's got the week off and needs EVERYONE to pm him and tell him to post. Skill points to the person that does it MOST CREATIVELY.

Shtick that in yer pipe an' shmoke it, DSIGFUSS. Hehe
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

I can always PM him things I will do to his spleen if that would help. Actually I just noticed that it has been 2 weeks since he updated my thread so I believe its time to move on to threats against his pancreas.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

I only just started :( more beer please!

Cheers, Hal

Return to “Helluland”