Who am I?

The Vikings have just begun settling the new world and have set their sights on Helluland. “The Land of Flat Stone” Can the ancient Eskimo inhabitants stop the Viking invasion or will the Vikings fulfill their prophecy and cover the flat rocks of Helluland in blood and steel.

Choose your side. Protect your people and intermingle with ancient Inuit creatures as Baffin Island is torn asunder by Viking steel and myth.

Choose your side. Join the invading Viking army and clear the way for Iceland’s settlers as Helluland’s native Inuit people and their gods are put to the sword and the axe.

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Who am I?

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Who am I contest will test your knowledge of the Inuit and Viking legends. I will tell you a story through the eyes of Viking and Inuit figures of Legend. The first to guess the name or creature of which the story is based will get 2 skill points. You may post once per keeper post until the answer is said. The first post to sucessfully name the god godess beast or spirit will get the points.

Participation is not mandatory and the length of time between keeper story posts will be random.

GO!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Who am I?

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Mythological Figure #1

Clue #1

The weight of the chain holding him to the hard rocky floor was like a feather but the thin ribbons of steel held stronger than the thickest iron.

Damn them! Damn them all!

All he could see around him was water and stone. He was tired and could rage no more. His bonds would never break. This island would be his prison til the end of days. Silently he fell to the rocks and began to chew his rightly deserved pound of flesh.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Toughie... I'm guessing Fenrir, from the Norse mythologies.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Is it Hubris?
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sorry Trixie... Imp got it on the first guess... I guess I should make it harder.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Mythological Figure #2

Clue #1

He watches, crouched in a drift of snow as the hunter slowly approaches the seal; his spear raised high and ready to strike. He notices the hunter’s poor form… His back is straight and he walks flat footed instead of on his toes, crunching through the snow like an old caribou. The large figure in the snow chcukles to himself.

Hah! Foolish man-child of the frozen rain.

He will save his judgment, however, waiting to see how the hunter reacts to the seal's dash for freedom.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Clue # 2 is.....???? :lol:

I have no idea so far....but I really want to get one of these. Hint or next clue please????!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

He keeps low to the gound and keeps a watchful eye on the hunter. He snickers as the young human steps carlessly through the snow. He drags a long black nail across his chin and grumbles to himself.

This fool couldn't surprise Gamook and she is the eldest on the island.

The hunter lunges early and the seal quickly slips back into the icy waters. Stomping his feet, the Dorset hunter looks up the hill towards the moon to offer tribute to Anningan for his failure.

The hidden figure on the hill grins with delight.

At least the boy has respect.

Then the hunter spots his massive bulk concealed on the crest of the snowy drift. He quickly runs back to his sled and rallies his dogs for action.

The Figure on the hill stands tall, sniffing the air. His shadow stretches down the length of the drift and his huge form blocks the moon. He laughs down at the hunter.

Hah! You mean to hunt my brothers and sisters and now you think you can hunt me? Come to me human! I will lick the blood clean from the snow where you fall!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Is it an Inupasugjuk? Those things are huge!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

He lifted a long clawed paw into the air waiting for the hunter to approach. Before the Inuit fool knew what hit him, his throat was cut from head to sternum as he charged head stong into a flurry of blood and fur. Four long slash marks rended the boy from chin to sternum and he fell lifeless to the ground.

Rrrrrroaar!

Then the god realized the hunter's dogs were free as they quickly surrounded him snarling and snapping over their fallen master.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

It must be Nanook. :(
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper