TRIXIE'S BAR AND GRILL

The Vikings have just begun settling the new world and have set their sights on Helluland. “The Land of Flat Stone” Can the ancient Eskimo inhabitants stop the Viking invasion or will the Vikings fulfill their prophecy and cover the flat rocks of Helluland in blood and steel.

Choose your side. Protect your people and intermingle with ancient Inuit creatures as Baffin Island is torn asunder by Viking steel and myth.

Choose your side. Join the invading Viking army and clear the way for Iceland’s settlers as Helluland’s native Inuit people and their gods are put to the sword and the axe.

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: THE VIKING / ESKIMO MIXER : BYOB

Post by Andrew »

Come and play with us Trixie, forever and ever and ever. (I had the image of the twin ghost girls from The Shinning flash before me as I typed that.)
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

'Shudders'

What a f'ed up scene that is!!! :lol:

I'm not really a big fan of horror tbh. Which is funny because here I am playing these games. But it has to be really stupid horror for me to enjoy it, or I just can't handle it! :shock:

Some faves now are Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Those are Laraqua's fault....quite hilarious. :D
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Piano man »

Hey keeper my glass is getting low. Get off your ass and pour me another one. YAAAARRRRRRRR If your going to have Eskimos in this place I'll need a drink so I don't vomit from their filth. HA HA HA

He reaches over and grabs a barmaid as she passes and puts her on his lap.

I'm impressed the wenches in this place are very easy. Just the way I like them. And not a trace of native in them.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

trixie wrote: 'Shudders'

Some faves now are Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Those are Laraqua's fault....quite hilarious. :D

:lol:

The cult is growing!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I'm sooooooo tempted by the Super Heroes Campaign. Sorry D that I'm yakking about this in your bar....(rolls eyes)

The fact that Scarlet Witch is an option....DANG!!!

It's cool as long as your talking about comics. haha!

I love the Avengers/ Still collect the books even.

Hey Imp... Which Scarlet Witch is Trixie gonna play or more importantly when.

Image or Image or Image or Image ("No more mutants....")
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Well, she hasn't actually come out and said she's playing yet... but if she does, it'll be somewhere between the second and third pictures, I think. She'd be a member of the Avengers. Er, the newly formed "Great Lakes Avengers", actually.
FlintlockHMD
Layman
Layman

Post by FlintlockHMD »

'Do not mettle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.'

Hey Eskimo Andrew, sure you don't mean meddle? Or is it some kind of freaky metaphysical humor that escapes me?

Nah, you're an Eskimo. No way you're smarter than one of us Vikings. :D
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

HAHAHA... look at the nerdy Viking and his nice new dictionary!

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Andrew wrote: The Tick

Just click the link, choose your episode (hope it's not a deadlink) and watch away!

Just had to take a moment to thank Andrew. This weekend (12-hour night shifts... nothing happening really), I got to watch a whole crapload of programs. I'm up to the 8th season of Red Dwarf, and watched the entire first episode of Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles Show.

Man, I love Starship Troopers. I remember catching this computer graphics show on TV once and wishing I could see more of it.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

FlintlockHMD wrote: 'Do not mettle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.'

Hey Eskimo Andrew, sure you don't mean meddle? Or is it some kind of freaky metaphysical humor that escapes me?

Nah, you're an Eskimo. No way you're smarter than one of us Vikings. :D

Uh yup, that'd be the one I was going for, thanks for letting me know that my spelling still needs improvement. :) Anyway, thanks! It has been corrected.
Last edited by Andrew on Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Laraqua wrote:
trixie wrote: 'Shudders'

The cult is growing!

I love Hot Fuzz and Shaun, awesome movies!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

They make life worth living.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

ImpInTraining wrote:
Andrew wrote: The Tick

Just click the link, choose your episode (hope it's not a deadlink) and watch away!

Just had to take a moment to thank Andrew. This weekend (12-hour night shifts... nothing happening really), I got to watch a whole crapload of programs. I'm up to the 8th season of Red Dwarf, and watched the entire first episode of Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles Show.

Man, I love Starship Troopers. I remember catching this computer graphics show on TV once and wishing I could see more of it.

Sure man no problem. TV Links is an awesome site! There's barely a show or movie that I wish they had but don't. It's because of that site that I got to see the second season of Rome.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

DSIGFUSS wrote:
trixie wrote: I'm sooooooo tempted by the Super Heroes Campaign. Sorry D that I'm yakking about this in your bar....(rolls eyes)

The fact that Scarlet Witch is an option....DANG!!!

It's cool as long as your talking about comics. haha!

I love the Avengers/ Still collect the books even.

Hey Imp... Which Scarlet Witch is Trixie gonna play or more importantly when.

Image or Image or Image or Image ("No more mutants....")

I so want to play that game Imp....I've been attempting self control.....but I'm failing miserably. AAUUGGGH!!!!

I watched Fantastic Four on the weekend (dsig told us we should watch it in the summer and we were never went.) Just watched it Saturday night.....OMG!!!! It's AWESOME!!!! The Thing was so well done, and I totally wish I could do to my husband a couple of the moves the Invisable woman did to Reed. Like force field as he's walking away, then turn him around and say what you really meant? ha ha ha :lol:
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Well, she hasn't actually come out and said she's playing yet... but if she does, it'll be somewhere between the second and third pictures, I think. She'd be a member of the Avengers. Er, the newly formed "Great Lakes Avengers", actually.

You mean these guys with Big Bertha and the gang! Ha Ha! :lol:

This is the week boys and Girls or its supposed to be. I have to get some rules sorted out and Welsh is a being an awesome sport helping me out. Thanks again Welsh. Once they have been figured out, we're good to go. I'm very happy with the way things are going so far and with the interest generated in a dark ages Viking vs. Eskimos game. Please pay attention to the Helluland site and look for Eskimo Homework and Viking Homework cuz they are coming real soon. This will give you insight into Eskimo and Viking culture as well as explain a bit about their respective mythology.

thanks again boys and girls.

dsigfuss
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Henrik »

My knowledge of Eskimo culture is about nil. Norse mythology, well we studied it during grade 4-6 and we discussed various Icelandic Viking Sagas during high school. (Viking Sagas are so fun to read. A lot of graphic violence and characters that are thinking nothing about it).

I remember when we got to see an Icelandic movie called Hrafninn flugur ("The Raven flies" that's the Icelandic original's title. In Swedish it's different although the name is literally the same) (which basically was a remake of Yojimbo and of a Fistful of Dollars (which is a remake of Yojimbo). Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis is also a remake of Yojimbo). A really entertaining movie where a young man without a real name comes to Iceland to avenge the murder of his parents and the abduction of his sister.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

My favorite viking saga is Erik the Viking... ok well it's not really a saga and I guess it's barely anything to do with vikings, but it funny as hell!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Andrew wrote: Sure man no problem. TV Links is an awesome site! There's barely a show or movie that I wish they had but don't. It's because of that site that I got to see the second season of Rome.

Well, I was looking for Wild, Wild West, and they don't have that... and I looked for that soap opera Passions for my mother, not there. But nearly everything else is present and accounted for, even if some of the seasons or episodes may be missing.
FlintlockHMD
Layman
Layman

Post by FlintlockHMD »

Why is it TV Links hasn't been shut down yet I wonder?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Maybe its not illegal reshowing what has already been made public by broadcasting.

Return to “Helluland”