In Character and Out of Character threads for completed
chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Viewing the scene of Lawrence's death means the Charles Graves must make a sanity check, which he passes. :)

Clark's, Great-War experience and alcoholism mean that he's imune to such non-mythos sanity losses, but he'll be drinking tonight for sure. :lol:
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Henrik »

"Now explain why you are carrying that flask into my headquarters!" Nice touch Keeper!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

If anyone desperately wants to post something else on the 25th then do it (with a time stamp), but please try to avoid posting anything that forces a prolonged conversation.

Otherwise everybody can continue posting for the 27th

Sorry if the time jump screws anyone’s plans, if it does please PM me. I’m doing it to get onto the main adventure as quickly as possible.

If you are hoping to travel to Arkham with Jack then that’s fine with me, so either sort it out IC between your character and Jack, or PM Decrepit asking if he can invite you.

As far as I know both Shadow and Mr Juan are both still playing, but are unlikely to post for a few days, so continue without them for now (Jack can try to get his interview with Kitt once he’s got back from Arkham, unless Shadow returns before then).

I’ve PM’d both Shadow and Mr Juan, but they may not be able to reply for now.

Prof. Graves & Dr Michaels can start their medical & psychiatric examinations now if they like, or they can wait until Chapter 1, when all the expedition members are here, there will be enough time whichever way.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll wait until tomorrow before posting again myself in order to allow anyone else to tag along with one of the little groups.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

@Decrepit: How are you travelling to Arkham? If you like, rather than answering here and then waiting for me again: you can make an IC post yourself saying that you're travelling there together with Clark and anyone else who posts that they'd like to join you before you post yourself.
GaryTheNerd
Layman
Layman

Post by GaryTheNerd »

Graves PMed me and said he wants to come along too.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

GaryTheNerd wrote: Graves PMed me and said he wants to come along too.

In-character Private Messages between characters are fine , as are Private Messages detailing "secret liasons" with NPCs. :)

I'd even go as far as to say I'd encourage it, but if you send an IC PM to another character (including letters/telegrams/etc) please could you send a copy to me so that I know what your character is doing / writing.

Obviously you can send as many OOC PM's as you like, without me knowing, but for IC stuff I really need to know what your character is doing. :?

I'll be posting again IC in a few hours (during my lunch-break), I had a busy night last night sorry.

Mr Juan is now back, but has decided that Isugtag would be more likely to stay at the hotel than join one of the 'little trips.' I'll try to find stuff for everyone else to do while the two groups carry out their investigation.

I'll probably be moving on to chapter one as soon as the 'Arkham Expedition' returns. So if anybody fancies doing any library research, shopping, sightseeing, etc. then now is the time, because Starkweather & Moore will be keeping you all busy once Chapter 1 begins. :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

There are currently quite a few players who can't post for various reason's, mostly because we're in the middle of the holiday season:

Decrepit may not be able to post between today and Tuesday.
Ghost1971 and OrionUK can't post between Sunday and next Saturday/Sunday.
Shadow is AFIAK still in the process of moving from Alaska to San-Diego.

I'd hoped to be able to play out the trip to Arkham while Ghost and Orion were unavailable, but Decrepit it may have to wait until Tuesday.

In the meantime I'll let Charles Graves and GaryTheNerd handle the train journey, I'll make a post in a little while that puts them at Grand Central. If the journey is complete before Decrepit returns on Tuesday, then there should be enough things to do in Arkham to keep things moving.

I'd have thought that the trip to Arkham will last about three days so I'm planning on starting chapter one when they return.

@Henrik: Is there anything Olof would like to find out before the end of the prologue? I'm metagaming here slightly, but he's already got as much as is useful out of studying the Padobie drilling machine, so he may as well find something else out.

@Mister Juan: Is there anything Isutag would like to know about, or anyone he'd like to meet?

@Gloomy: If you are still interested in playing then please post something for William before the end of the prologue.

BTW: I allowed Charles Graves to swap around his Psychology & Psychoanalysis skills (this wouldn't have had any effect on dice throws already made). If anybody else would like to "Tweak" anything about their character then it's ok to do so, but only until the end of prologue.
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Mister Juan »

@Raiko
Well, even though he has a tendency to be somewhat of a loner, Isugtag will do his best to spend some time with the other polar guides. Once they are out on the ice, he's quite aware they'll have to work togheter to ensure the rest of the team's survival. Basically, he's going to be looking at who knows how to do what and how good they are about it.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've had a busy weekend with my family (and a few pc problems :x ), so I didn't get chance to make any posts Saturday/Sunday.

I'll get back up to speed at lunchtime today. At least now Decrepit won't miss out on any of the Arkham stuff.

I'm still hopeful of finishing the prologue this week. :)

Thanks for your patience.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

I'll try to catch back up tonight. We're creaking along now.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll post details about the Train journey later today. I meant to post last night, but the site went down for a while.

Mister Juan: I'll also post something for Isugtag.
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

@Raiko:
Thats quite fine mate ;) If you don't have anything for me, it's not that big of a deal.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll be posting again a little later, I just need to get some details from the book.

Unfortunately I can't post from work anymore as the "E Policy" software blocks this forum now, it had always blocked the main Yog-Sothoth boards so it was only a matter of time. :(

This means that I'll be posting at this kind of time every weekday now, I should still be able to post every day so this shouldn't slow the game down. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry I didn't get to post last night after all.

I'll send a "summary of the Summary Report" by PM if anyone takes the time to read it, it will require a full day for an investigator to read it.

As James is wealthy, and a frequent visitor to New York, I've assumed that he already has the relevant permit for a pistol.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

So far this is very exciting. I'm beginning to suspect that Professor Moore perhaps not is what he seems.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

@Charles Graves, Decrepit & GaryTheNerd: The Miskatonic University website, has most of the "Player's Eyes" information from the 1995 Chaosium sourcebook, including an interactive map of the university.

Some of the staff should be dead by 1933 (the sourcebook is for the early 20s), but we'll ignore that. :lol:

Between the map, and the department lists you should be able to decide where you'd like to go (just don't stick around at night :twisted:). If there's any conflict between the website and the actual sourebook, we'll say the website is correct.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Didn't know about that webpage. Have to look it up sometime.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Charles Graves wrote: Upon arriving at the University The Professor makes his way directly to the main library and asks one of the librarians if it would be possible to look at a list of the faculty. Scanning down the list, Grave's finger comes to rest first at the name Daniel Desmet and then the name Dr James Ortega. "Here Gentlemen, the Professors of Psychology and Cryptozoology. I think they may be particularly useful to us. What do you think?"

Decrepit wrote: "I suppose it's possible that these people know Pabodie--aren't they in the same school?--but I want to make sure that we try to find some people who know Pabodie fairly well," Jack says.

It is the same school, you were already there, so no need to travel.

You can split up if you like, if Jack and Graves' motivations are different.

BTW: I can get onto this site from work again now, I'm hoping that access was blocked because of url links on the "Spam Accounts" that keep appearing.

Hopefully the access will remain (it's a lot easier to run this if I can post during lunch as well as evenings).

I'm sorry for those who aren't at the gun shop or the university. I want to get on with chapter one, but I'm not going to rush this because the schedule once we're out of the prologue doesn't allow much time for investigations. I'm hoping Shadow will be able to post again in another week or so, then maybe Jack can get his interview. 8)

The those players with characters in Arkham, please decide what you are doing / where you are going by Sunday at the latest (even if it means splitting up), so we can get everyone back together eventually. :)
Last edited by Raiko on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Almost forgot, one player asked me about equipment lists, this is what I PM'd back:
Raiko wrote: Most things that you need will be provided by the expedition, but there are a few items that are useful, but not included unless a player thinks to bring them along.

So you can send a detailed equipment list, or just leave it up to the leaders.

BTW I'm not too worried about the cost of equipment, as long as it seems reasonable that your character would possess the item. :)

One thing I do need to know is weapons, some players have listed their character guns, etc. Others haven't, if you plan on your character possessing a gun let me know before chapter one begins.

Not that you'd expect to need a gun in Antarctica. :lol:

Return to “Previous Chapters”