In Character and Out of Character threads for completed
chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Thanks for the link, I'll be making extensive use of Wikipedia I think.
I've also got a very thick "Chronicle of the Twentieth Century" Book that tells the story of the last century almost day-by-day in the style of newspaper reports.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Great Posts so far everyone. :)

I would like everybody who hasn't already done so to make their first post in the IC thread within the next 24 hours.

I'm planning on having all the characters together in New-York by monday, at the latest.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Henrik »

Raiko wrote: Thanks for the link, I'll be making extensive use of Wikipedia I think.
I've also got a very thick "Chronicle of the Twentieth Century" Book that tells the story of the last century almost day-by-day in the style of newspaper reports.

I got that one to (the Swedish version) a very useful book.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Nice prologue, but wasn't the United Kingdom ruled by a king in 1933? :wink: I'm refering to the introduction of our Inuit tracker...
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Mister Juan »

Henrik wrote: Nice prologue, but wasn't the United Kingdom ruled by a king in 1933? :wink: I'm refering to the introduction of our Inuit tracker...

You might actually be 100% right about that. It's just that since in Canada, we've had the god damn queen for so long (like.... 60 years or so) it was pure reflex.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'd forgotten that this is going to be a holiday weekend in the US, so I won't force things along too much until the 5th.

Have a good time, and remember - you only won 'cus the French helped you. :P

Having said that I won't push things, I will be posting everybody's arrival in New-York by Monday, and making the first post about the Formal Dinner then. I need an introductory IC post from Gloomy and Maxim before then, or they'll have to miss the dinner and join the others on the 1st September.

For the players who only posted their character's response to the letter, rather than about their "normal routine" before, I don't have a problem with that, but remember that none of the other players (or our other readers) know your character like you do, and that was your best chance to introduce them to everyone.

If you have the time I'd appreciate it if you could edit your first posts. If you don't want to do this, then please make sure that your next few posts give the other players a good insight into your character's personality.

I'll be recreating the character sheets on http://www.cthulhu1933.co.uk over the weekend, I'll also be sorting out the press coverage of Starkweather building the team. Some of you have provided a photo of your character. If possible please could the rest of you try to find one, if you're struggling let me know and I'll help out.

Thanks to Christian Lehmann's excellent campaign resources website (please don't look it has minor spoilers) I have a photo (mostly hollywood actors) of every major NPC in the campaign, so it would be a shame not to have a photos of some of the PCs.
Shadow
Layman
Layman

Post by Shadow »

Raiko, I am going to slap you silly. "The french helped us" I suppose England didn't have any alies? You only one WWII Becasue the Americans helped you :P

All joking aside, I can still post. I am doomed.. er live in Alaska so there really isn't anywhere for me to go.
GaryTheNerd
Layman
Layman

Post by GaryTheNerd »

Raiko wrote: Have a good time, and remember - you only won 'cus the French helped you. :P

That and we didn't wear bright red jackets and stand in straight lines. :wink: Also, we had George Washington! CAUTION: Don't watch if you're at work or you're a narc.

I have a couple more posts planned for the good doctor. They'll probably go up Saturday and Sunday.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've just put a set of "general information" outlining my attitude / philosophy for this campaign. I meant to do this during the recruitment phase, but never quite got around to it, I've put it in it's own thread so that it's always easy to find.

I've had a busy weekend, and so I've not got as much of the research stuff sorted, as I'd like. I have made sure that everybody has had an acceptance letter now though. All the characters will now be in New York arriving at the Formal Dinner by Tuesday.

Once the formal dinner part starts, all the characters will be together so I can hopefully run the game at a faster pace.

I'll also get all the character sheets up on my website over the next day or so. Eight of them were up before my web-host problems, but I'm having to start again from scratch.

Maxim: As you haven't posted anything at all during the first week of the game, despite me pointing out that I need regular posters in the recruitment thread. I'm sorry, but you're out unless you post within the next 24 hours.
Gloomy
Layman
Layman

Post by Gloomy »

I'm rather confused as to when I should post again, as most people have just posted there reactions i'm wondering if i should now just write that my character heads for new york now just to push things along.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi Gloomy hope things went well at the drama school (although the sad 'smilie' says maybe not).

I'd rather nobody tries to push things along at this stage. Things are moving along at the pace that I wanted, I've always expected the prologue to start at a slower pace. I probably should have made this more clear so here goes...

My plan for the prologue is as follows:
First Week: Introductory posts for all characters, get initially "rejected" characters accepted by Starkweather, travel plans to New York, initial research. (This is all done, although I've not PM'd the results of everybody's research to them yet).
Second Week: Formal Dinner at the Amherst hotel, let the characters meet each other, and a few of the NPCs. (This part starts today :))
Third Week: Any additional research, prior to 1st September. This may take less than a week, but I'm not sure as it will be handled IC, rather than OOC.
Fourth Week: September 1st, start Chapter 1! :D

I'll be sending PMs to everybody today detailing anything that they found out prior to arriving at the formal dinner.

I'll also post IC & OOC detailing everybody's arrival in New-York.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've got a lot of "research information" ready for you, I'll send it all by PM tonight.

I'll also add some pictures, and some New York information to the IC post.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I would like everybody to find their way into the Dinner/Presentation now.

As today is a holiday for some of us, I'll give you up to 48 hours from now to get there.

Once everyone has arrived at the dinner (or the 48 hours is over) I'll continue. :)

As there are so many players you will be spead across two tables at the dinner, with a couple of expedition npcs at each table.

I can either run the whole dinner in the normal IC thread, or create a separate thread for each table. What do you all think?
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Hi Raiko,

If the 2 tables can overhear each others conversations then prob best to run the whole thing in the IC thread, if they are totally separate tables then may be more logical to do a separate thread for each??? whichever is easier for you. 8)
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

I think Orion makes a good case for either choice. But I think just one thread would be the best way to go, that way all the PCs can get to know each other and not just a select few.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I have posted a PM to everybody that contains details of what the public at large know about the 1930 Miskatonic University Expedition.

This information is well known even to school children, and has almost definitely been recycled by the press due to the current expedition.

For this reason I have sent the same message to each player regardless of their chosen research topics, or the success of their library use roll.

I will send out more specific information to individual players later tonight/tomorrow. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've edited this post with a brief intro to 1933 New York. Maps & photos will follow tonight, as I said I can't access imageshack from work.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

I'm impressed with the amount of work you must do on this campaign!

By the way why haven't anyone implemented a dice roller on this site? I have seen it been done on other sites using the same sort of forum.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm happy enough with Invisible Castle, I don't think it will be a problem that I can't access it from work.

It's very good as it keeps permanent(?) record of all the dice throws.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've edited this post with a brief intro to 1933 New York. Maps & photos will follow tonight, as I said I can't access imageshack from work.

I've added some pictures now. :)

Return to “Previous Chapters”