chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

OOC: Prologue

Post by Raiko »

The prologue deals with events prior to September 1933.

I'll be PM'ing each player a letter or telegram from James Starkweather over the next few days, please do not post in the IC thread until you have received your letter.

These letters will also all be posted on the forum, but I'll only do this once they're all written.

As there are so many players, this part of the game is likely to run quite slowly as it is the only time that I will need to deal individually with each and every player. For this reason, and because it's an optional part of the adventure anyway, I intend to run through the prologue quite quickly.

I hope to start Chapter 1 itself within a week or two.

Here is a recap of the character list (I'll start a "Cast of Characters" thread a little later):

Dr. Clark Michaels : Medical Doctor Played by GaryTheNerd

Kitt Knight : Pilot & Mountain Guide Played by Shadow

Callum McDonald : Mountaineer & Explorer Played by Ghost_1971

James Seymour : Dilettante, Racing Driver & Gentleman Adventurer Played by OrionUK

Prof. Charles Graves : Anthopologist Played by Charles Graves

Jack Wilson : Journalist Played by Decrepit

Prof. Joseph Eidowsky : Glaciologist & Geologist Played by Maxim

William McRaven : Pilot & Flight Engineer Played by Steerpike

Grey Wolf : Hunter & Polar Guide Played by Mister Juan

Olof Eriksson : Mining Engineer Played by Henrik

William Turner : Author & Photographer Played by Gloomy
Shadow
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Shadow »

Awesome Rakio, can't wait to get my PM!
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Same here :D

Cant wait to get started now. Just hope I dont die or go insane in the first 5 minutes :lol:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've put two "newspaper cuttings" up in the IC thread, these are the first two player handouts from the campaign, and they pre-date any player involvement with the expedition.

I'm not sure why they decided to include an article that continued from a non-existant page 1 though. :?

Similar articles appear in newspapers around the world at the same time, the Starkweather-Moore expedition is well known, and keenly followed worldwide. You're all going to be famous! :)

I've put up a website http://www.cthulhu1933.co.uk, to support this campaign, it has a weblog (a blog in 1933, must be the world's first ;))which will contain press releases about the expedition, and possibly a summary of IC events. The blog currently contains copies of the two IC press-cuttings.

The site will also contain copies of all your character sheets, as it's an easier way to navigate to the correct sheet than a "character list thread" on here. There are only a couple of the characters on there at the moment, but they'll all be up (with any pictures) by Monday. :)
Last edited by Raiko on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Well, I'm excited! :D
Raiko wrote: I'm not sure why they decided to include an article that continued from a non-existant page 1 though. :?

I think it's because most journalism is written in inverted-pyramid style, so if they'd given you page 1, you'd just be seeing mostly the same material as in the other article.
Shadow
Layman
Layman

Post by Shadow »

Wow, those were really cool. Did you get the pic of my character? I am not sure if I sent her.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Yes I've got Kitt's picture, I'll be adding all the pictures that I've got to Image Shack over the weekend. :)
Gloomy
Layman
Layman

Post by Gloomy »

Sounds exciting guys, hope my characters not to...useless. Though i'm sure my libary use will come in handy when we stumble on that elusive borders they built in the antartic.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Unfotunately my web host has decided to have "server issues" at just the wrong time, hense the reason http://www.cthulhu1933.co.uk isn't working at the moment. :(

Hopefully they'll be back up soon.

I'll hopefully get all the letters & telegrams done tonight (I'm trying to send them all at the same time). :)
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

Unfotunately my web host has decided to have "server issues" at just the wrong time, hense the reason http://www.cthulhu1933.co.uk isn't working at the moment. :(

There's something strange going on with the web lately. You're the 12th person I know (in the last 2 days) who's gotten something like that happen.

Creepy.

Maybe it's the Big Crash coming?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry for the delay. I've just found out that my account with my web host has been deleted, due to an admin error they made back in April. :(

I've been busy today searching though emails, and sending the relevent evidence to them in the hope that they'll restore my websites.

I'm a little depressed at the moment, as I had another small pbp campaign running on one of my websites :cry:, but regardless of the outcome of my web hosting issues, I'll get the letters, etc. sent out in the next day or two and the game will start properly then.

Again, sorry for the delay.

BTW: This also means that my email isn't working at the moment, so if you need to contact me please use a PM.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

My site is now back up, unfortunately the backup was too old for any of the new cthulhu1933 stuff to be restored.

Please give me 24-48 hours to get everything back in order and we'll get started. :)
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

& we thought we would be holding everyhting up with being away at the weekend!! :lol:

Hope you dont have too much work to do getting everything back together & we will wait to hear from you. Hope they get their fingers out & stop messing you about after this....
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Henrik »

Very, very impressive.
Maxim
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Maxim »

I am pumped for this.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I have sent out the first three letters, of these two are letters of acceptance, the other is a rejection.

Fear not, this is a rejection from the pompous James Starkweather not me, everybody listed above has a place on the expedition.

Anyone who receives a rejection will also receive instructions on how best to gain their place on the expedition.

I’ll try to get the other eight letters written tonight.

I’ve also restored some of the lost data to my webpage. The character sheets will reappear shortly.

When you receive your letter of acceptance/rejection I need one IC post describing your character’s “normal activities” immediately prior to receiving the letter, and their reaction having read it.

Once you have been accepted I also need a quick OOC or PM summary of your character’s plans for the period between receiving the letter and attending the formal dinner in New York.

For those characters based outside North America, I have identified suitable ocean –liners for your journey to the States.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ok,

Everybody should have their letter from Captain Starkweather now.

So I guess we're ready to start. :)

Once everybody has posted in the IC thread, and let me know of their travel & research plans OOC, we'll be ready to get you all together at the expedition's Formal Dinner in New York.
Shadow
Layman
Layman

Post by Shadow »

Great posts so far, I need to really step up to keep up. Good job.
Shadow
Layman
Layman

Post by Shadow »

I am not sure how much real world history plays into the game, but you guys might be interested in this,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1933#January

It might add a little flavor to the game for you to know what happened in 1933.
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

Very cool!

Return to “Previous Chapters”