Moderator: Raiko

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: OOC - Chapter Five - Onto The Ice

Post by amarriner »

Decrepit wrote:I swear IC is broken. :P
I thought so, too, for a while. That is until I realized I wasn't putting 1d100 in, but instead was putting just 100 in (I thought having a "1" in the rolls field and 100 in the dice field would do the same thing). Couldn't figure out why I kept rolling 100 and crit failing ... :roll:
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Henrik - Olof is skilled enough to be operating one of the caterpillar tractors during this phase if you like. It requires Operate Heavy Machinery skill, of which Olof has plenty. :)

Syrinx - If John chooses to take Greene’s advice, then he can remain in a tent at the Sea Camp site during the 15th. If he acclimatises to the ‘mild’ conditions inside the tent then he will be free from the effects of exposure. However this will mean that he misses out on the chance to join Callum’s party exploring the Ross Barrier Ice. In either case his exposure rolls today will suffer a 10% penalty.

Amariner & Steerpike - Isutag and McRaven both suffered ‘hard’ falls on the ice, and take 1d3 points of damage. Greene successfully treated the sprains, reducing this damage by 1d3 points, so the final damage may be zero. Remaining damage will heal at 1 point per day if you are inactive, or the normal 1d3 per week if you stay active. It’s your choice whether your character’s sit out the next 24 hours or ‘tough it out.’ Again sitting out the next day may prevent flying / sledding activities.

Flying:

The Fairchild / fuel / runway will be ready for the expedition’s first fight today (the 15th) during the afternoon.

Minor Injuries:

To prevent the remote possibility of anyone dying from ‘sprains,’ I’ll rule that anyone loosing half their hit points this way is incapacitated for several days. :lol:

Please could anyone make their next set of acclimatisation rolls. The Weather is still good, so the climate on the Ice Shelf (for Callum’s Team) is still ‘cold’ rather than ‘very cold.’
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

John makes a retreat to the tent on the 15th. 109% frostbite 54% to acclimatize (1d100=38)
With the 10% penalty he´ll still below the 54%. Getting better then?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Decrepit »

Next roll:
Exposure (75%): 17
First decent roll in a while. :D
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1549290/

3 damage, 2 of which was saved so 1 left over. Isugtag will tough it out for the day!

He also doesn't need an exposure save again (I think, anyway :)).
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I tried posting at weekend, but never got time to actually write anything. I should be able to post again later today, and I expect to post regularly this week.

At the moment I’m still waiting for the following save rolls for day 2 on the ice:
Callum: Slippery Ice
James: Both ice and cold
Olof: Cold

I’ve made some rolls myself, with my dice-roller macro, but I’ll give you until I’ve time to write the IC post to make them yourselves. :)

This is my own fault, with so many players, I need to be more specific about which rolls I’m waiting for. I think people haven’t always realised that I’m waiting on them. ;)

So far, the following people are currently acclimatised:

Ice:
Graves, Jack, Olof and John

‘Cold’ Weather:
Jack, Graves, Isugtag and Callum.

John has acclimatised to the ‘Mild’ climate in the tents, so he’s recovered from the exposure. As a result he won’t suffer the 10% penalty tomorrow. :)
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Sorry didnt realise you were waiting :oops:

Slippery Ice (1d100=15)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’ve decided to recruit a new player for Kitt, as I’ve not managed to give her any limelight at all as an NPC so far.

I’ve decided to concentrate my NPCing efforts on Starkweather, Moore, Greene and the Sorensens. Plus a little bit of limelight for various other NPCs.

If anyone has any player that they particularly like to roleplay with, who they’d like me to contact please let me know and I’ll drop them a PM.

This isn’t such a bad place for someone to join in as it’s an optional starting point for a shorter campaign.

Kitt's down to be the co-pilot on the test flight.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

BTW: There’s no need for any further environmental dice rolls just yet, this is still day 2 on the ice. I’ve got rolls for everyone except Olof now.

Here’s Olof’s exposure roll: 1d100 = [38] (passed)

My last post finished up with a ‘proper’ IC post for once, at the end of a couple of narrated sections. This is a good sign, we are almost through the heavy narrative stuff and onto the exciting bits. :)
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

Raiko said : My last post finished up with a ‘proper’ IC post for once, at the end of a couple of narrated sections. This is a good sign, we are almost through the heavy narrative stuff and onto the exciting bits

The descent into madness begins here gentlemen...it was nice knowing you all.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Steerpike wrote:Raiko said : My last post finished up with a ‘proper’ IC post for once, at the end of a couple of narrated sections. This is a good sign, we are almost through the heavy narrative stuff and onto the exciting bits

The descent into madness begins here gentlemen...it was nice knowing you all.
Hehe, likewise! :)
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Let the railroading end and the dying begin. :?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry had a really busy couple of days at work, and a busy evening yesterday as well.

I’ll update the map and repost it into todays post, with a couple more photos tonight.

The tractors will be used to drag heavy gear like the construction materials for the huts, fuel drums, etc to the new campsite. Lighter gear (and personnel) will be ferried there by plane, the two big Boeings will be ready for flight tomorrow.

Once the base camp is established, and all the gear and fuel have been moved there, a second sled expedition will be sent 250 miles in the direction of the MU Expedition’s “Lake Camp” to establish an emergency fuel cache half way between your base camp and your eventual target.

Once that’s done, a flight will be send to attempt to locate the site of the 1930 tragedy.
Decrepit wrote:Let the railroading end and the dying begin. :?
While we're on that very subject, :twisted: please could you all PM me to remind me whether or not you have read (or know the story of) Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness. As far possible I’d like the first characters to reach the Lake Camp site to be played by players who don’t know what really happened there.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ok, am I right if I assumed John had to rest till the 16th? He will then help to get the planes ready. I´ll post IC.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry everyone, I’ve been busy preparing for our holiday and just don’t seem to have had time to post.

Anyway I’ll try to move things along to the “exciting bit” today and tomorrow, so that we can really begin the real CoC adventure proper when I return.

BTW: I’m away from Thursday (17th April) for two weeks. I get home early on Friday 2nd May. I won’t be posting at all while I’m away (it takes me too long to decide what to write unfortunately), but I’ll probably nip into an internet café once or twice to keep up to date.

I’ll spend the weekend catching up when I get back, so I hope to continue my games again from Monday 5th May.
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’ll try to make one final post (moving things on by a day or two) tonight, but I might not get chance (I need either a really early night, or to stay up all night).

If not, then see you all in May, after my holidays. :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Have a good one!
TVblog

Return to “Previous Chapters”