chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: OOC - Chapter Five - Onto The Ice

Post by Raiko »

Thanks Henrik, that seems to fit in with the timing of Miss Scarlet’s absence (she expects to be away until about 10th June); and also Ghost & Orion, who I think will be back online a week earlier.

What I do, depending on whether enough players are available, is either put the game on hold until you’re all back in mid-June, or run this part with the other players and hopefully finish it by the time you are all back.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Miss Scarlet »

It's confirmed now, I'll be out from May 26th to June 10th, with no internet access. :(

See you back them! :)
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

I have no major holidays planned until much later in the year, so I am available but willing to wait until the majoirty of us are back
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Unfortunately it's not holiday for me. It's a business travel, and although I think I'll have internet access there, I don't think I'll be able to enter the games... :(
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

I'm around pretty much eternally, lying in dreamless sleep.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

I should be around without too much interruption!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Charles Graves
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charles Graves »

If you need another volunteer Graves' your man - I'll pull out all the stops to make sure I can post regularly :)
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

My schedule has become busy with a lot of travelling for various job interviews. (I really don't understand how you can do that in the States with your distances, in little Sweden it's beginning to feel like a major problem for myself. I'm beginning to think that it might be nice to have a driver's licence and a car...)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry I've been rather ill for a few days. I'm quite a lot better now and I'll try to get us moving again.

It looks like we've got 4 volunteers, so I'll run things with Jack, McRaven, Isugtag and Graves for now, and I'll aim to have you all back together again by mid-June when everyone else can post again.

It'll take me a few hours to prepare, but I hope to post either later today or tomorrow morning. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hmm, this isn't going at all to plan, sorry - and I had a car breakdown yesterday.

Henrik, my advice is don't bother with cars! :lol:

Seriously though, good luck with the job interviews.

I'm not very good at finding time for long post at weekend, but I'll do my best.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

As posted in my “Tidying Up” announcement, I’ll hopefully be getting the game moving again very soon. :)

I have three IC posts to make, the first will wrap up Chapter 5, and the other two will kick off Chapter 6.

All of the chapters are much shorter and more dramatic than the early chapters now, and I just want to make sure that I run them properly, things moved along really well in New York, but after a voyage that took much longer to run than I expected, I’m very disappointed with myself for allowing the game to stall so badly now that we’ve finally arrive in Antarctica.

So I’ve taken the time to get my own head back around the story, make a plan and motivate myself properly again. With no more sea voyages needed, I hope to now return to the original schedule of no more than 1-2 months per chapter, and daily posts from myself. :)

The good news is that Ghost_1971 can now post again, OrionUK and Miss Scarlet are back next week, so by the time you’ve all made plans to react to events at the beginning of Chapter 6 we’ll hopefully have an almost complete team again. :D
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

My personal schedule will, after all, give me time to post again. It seems my halting my LA Skinner Campaign will suffice. So I´m able to participate as well.
/Greetings from the sunny west coast of Sweden
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The versions of Isugtag’s character sheet on my flash drive and my laptop were both corrupt, so I thought I’d lost him. :(

Lucky I’ve found a copy on my old desktop, I’ll reformat it like the others and post it at lunchtime, and then I think that’s everyone’s character sheets online again.

I’ve still got a record of all of the skill increases so far, so I should be able to get all of the character sheets back up to date this lunchtime as well.

All being well, I’ll resume the game itself tomorrow lunchtime. I’d like to think that I’d have time tonight, but my wife want the garden sorting out, so it seems doubtful that I’ll get time.

Once I begin chapter six, I’ll sent everyone an PM to make sure that they’re aware the game is moving again, and I’ll aim to post daily again. :)

I’ll get working on the synopsis as soon as I’ve restarted the game, but to try and make it as useful as possible to you all, I’ll post the “chapter 5 synopsis” first, and then work though the other chapters from the beginning.
Syrinx wrote:My personal schedule will, after all, give me time to post again. It seems my halting my LA Skinner Campaign will suffice. So I´m able to participate as well.
/Greetings from the sunny west coast of Sweden
Great!
Welcome back. :D

With his high polar survival & constitution, plus his low sanity, John has an excellent chance of being the sanity shattered sole-survivor who stumbles out of the cold Antarctic wastelands, babbling incoherently about things that man was not meant to see. :twisted:

It would be a shame for him to miss out! ;)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Further to the above post:

I had more problems trying to get Isugtag's character sheet to open on the computers at work for some reason.

I managed eventually though, so all of the characters sheets are now posted. :)

Unfortunately that hasn't left enough time this lunchtime to update all the skills to their current values. I'll try to do that this evening (after gardening :roll: ).

In any case, I won't let this slow the game down any further, I'll still be beginning Chapter 6 tomorrow. :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

AT LAST!!!

That was my final post of chapter 5, my next post (the first of chapter 6) would have been the promised ‘cliffhanger’ before my holiday.

I’ll skipped over the breaking of the ice & the loss of fuel, as there is little that anyone can do about it.

I will be posted every day from now on if at all possible. I’ve decided to give you all 24 hours to make any posts that you fancy in response to the expedition’s latest minor disaster, then I’ll move onto chapter six.

The overland sled team will likely be led by either Callum or Isugtag (or even John), or by the NPC Pulaski if no PC fancies it, but as you will soon learn, other events are about to intervene... :twisted:

My efforts to update your character sheets have been hindered slightly by problems on Invisible Castle, but I should have them all fully up to date in the next couple of days.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Good work with updating everything. I spent some time trying to rescue old files from a crashed drive recently. I guess it´s similar to your experience with the site shutting down.
Anyways, looking forward to facing the blizzard! :twisted:
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Decrepit wrote:He decides to go try to seek out Kitt at the earliest opportunity to get some sense from her about the real fuel situation. Jack didn't doubt that he was basically hearing the "truth" already, but he also knew the pilots hadn't alll agreed on what to do or how bad the situation was. Asking Moore or Starkweather wasn't going to be much help in that regard; both men had too much invested in this operation succeeding.
I'll make sure that I send a PM to each of the PC pilot players, letting them know what happened at the meeting. I'll try to list the pros & cons so that they can form their own characters opinions of the situation, ultimately the decision was made by Starkweather & Moore.

Return to “Previous Chapters”