chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Investigation#2 - Callum and James

Post by Raiko »

If you haven't read it yet, I made a post before this one, at the end of the previous page

SS Gabrielle - Callum's Cabin
Around Midnight

When James and Callum head back to Callum's cabin to discuss the evening's search they find a grave looking Isugtag waiting for them.

"Callum, James, I trust you both and I don't know how many others I can really say that for."

"Today's incident is very worrying, I do not believe it was an accident. We must hunt down this saboteur before someone is killed."

"Starkweather made me head of camp security, so I feel responsible, even though we have not reached the ice. Will you help me?"

[OOC: Mr Juan hasn't been logged in here for over a month, and I like Isugtag so I think he should get involved.]
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by OrionUK »

"Well Isugtag it is good to hear that you feel we are to be trusted & I agree I do not think the incident was an accident either so am happy to help in any way I can. Callum & I have just come from Hold 5 where we have started making an inspection of the rest of the expeditions materials ect, to ensure nothing else looks tampered with at the moment, & hopefully to try to catch someone out if they were to be thinking about making any further sabotage attemps but I didn't see any signs as yet & only heard what sounded like a rat or something scurrying into a corner"
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Callum walks over to his store cupboard, removes three glasses and a nice single malt whiskey. "Its good to have you with us my friend." says Callum whilst pouring a drink for each of them. "Like James said, as yet, our search has turned no up nothing unusual. Do you have any ideas of your own what we should do next? Or should we just carry on what we are doing for now?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

James wrote: "...& only heard what sounded like a rat or something scurrying into a corner"

Isugtag chuckles, "When a ship has no rats, then you should start to worry."
Callum wrote: Callum walks over to his store cupboard, removes three glasses and a nice single malt whiskey. "Its good to have you with us my friend." says Callum whilst pouring a drink for each of them. "Like James said, as yet, our search has turned no up nothing unusual. Do you have any ideas of your own what we should do next? Or should we just carry on what we are doing for now?"

"Carry on what you are doing for now, it's important to know what other damage has already been done." The Inuit guide takes a sip of his scotch, "I can help you out if you like, two of us could search while the other observes the holds from outside."

"We could change places regularly to avoid drawing attention. By seeing who goes in and out of the holds perhaps we will learn who is the saboteur."
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Isugtag Wrote:
When a ship has no rats, then you should start to worry

"Very true, I suppose I was just looking out for something more, but we should realise that these things sometimes take a while to get to the bottom of." James swills the scotch round & takes a mouthful

"I am happy for you to help out with searching the holds and the idea of swapping round a look out is a good thought, not only will it help not to rouse suspicion but also means we will have fresh eyes for the searching & gives us chance to get some fresh air from time to time"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll be moving things on soon, hopefully this evening.

Everyone's ready to move on now, but I need to double check a couple of details before I make my new posts.

Keep watching this space. :)

Hopefully after finally finishing this very, very long day we can finally make some headway (I never knew before this, that there was some sort of invisible wall near the equator that prevents further progress :lol:)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Work checking the holds is slow going, with the main cargo hatches closed up whilst at sea everything must be done either by torchlight, or by rigging the heavy cluster lights from the Bosun store. The #5 Tween-deck hold is already lit during the day for the benefit of the dogs, but none of the other holds have cluster lights rigged at the moment.

Also everything must be done manually as the closed hatches prevent the Gabrielle's cargo cranes from being used to manipulate the cargo. Because of this most of the chambers will take a full day of hard work each to check.

Tuesday 26th September, 1933

Working in shifts with Isugtag, Callum and James spend the full day down in the #5 lower hold working by torchlight sifting through all of the base camp building materials stored in there. At the end of a long day they have found no sign of satotage.

Apart from Mr Turlow (the first officer who regularly checks all of the holds) and the two messboys (Scott and Henning) who regularly access the #4 hold, the only other people to access the cargo holds today are McRaven, Kitt and Sean who appear to be checking out the #2 hold (where two of the planes are stored), and the 2 dog handlers who access both the #4 and #5 holds.

Scott and Henning need to access the #4 hold as it's the only way into the reefer store, which is still being used to store what's left of the food, including the boxes of pemmican.

The dog handlers (Erik Frodesen and Olav Sørensen) need to enter the #5 hold for the dogs (obviously) and the #4 hold to get to the pemmican (to feed the dogs).

Wednesday 27th September, 1933

Today you were due the check the #4 hold were two of the Boeings are stored, but when you arrive you find that McRaven, Sean (and probably Kitt) have also arrived to do the same thing. As it makes sense for pilots to check out the planes I've assumed that you leave McRaven to it and move forward to the #3 hold instead.

The #3 tween-deck hold contains all of the camping equipment, sorting through it is a huge task and at the end of the day you still haven't finished, you estimate that you'll be done by lunchtime on Thursday. So far you have found no sign of sabotage.

Thursday 28th September, 1933

You are about to continue checking the #3 tween-deck hold when there is a disturbance, see the main IC thread.
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

"What on earth is all that commotion?" James exclaims to Callum & Isugtag "We should go see whats going on although at least 1 of us should stay near the holds to make sure this isn't some kind of diversionary tactic"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"You go I'll stay here," replies Isugtag.

Return to “Previous Chapters”