chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: OOC: Chapter Four - At Sea

Post by Raiko »

I've made the first summary post now, I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday to post the next (taking us to Australia), in the meantime I'll post responses to any actions that your characters make.

Henrik, the courses will ressume as soon as all the cargo checks are complete. They'll continue throughout the voyage, although weather conditions in the Southern Ocean may affect them.

I'll be using the summary posts up until your departure from Australia. During the journey from Melbourne to Antarctica my posts will cover 1-5 days each, depending on how eventful that part of the voyage is.
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Mister Juan »

Anyone else think we should interrogate Scott a little bit?
Isugtag would do it but his english skills aren't really up to the task.
What he can do is intimidate him ;)
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

I agree I think Scott should be interrogated - I don't know if James actually knows what's going on at the moment as his charactor hasn't moved on from waking up & asking what's going on as yet but if someone wants to tell the rest of the gang what's happened then we can pick the best person/persons for the job???? :twisted:
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

I am back :o

I think we need to question him, we also need to check his background, when he joined the ship, who with and who gave him references etc etc

I think we need a good cop bad cop routine with some added theatrics :)
I vote isugtag to be the scary bad cop and Jack as the good cop.

I will try to post at a some point during this. Not too sure where my character was during all this.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Jack'll be "good cop" if you want.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

You kidding me? Get Kitt to play the good cop. It's expected that women are sweeter than men. She'll have him crack. :mrgreen:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Henrik »

I'm with Starkweather on this! Keelhaul him! :twisted:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll give Laraqua a chance to post at least, before moving onto the interrogation.

Regarding Adam Scott's references, etc:
- Scott has actually never worked aboard a ship before, he took one of the few vacancies available amongst the experienced crew.
- The chief steward (Judas Whitney) interviewed Scott for the position. Although Scott is inexperienced, there's nothing unusual about such a person being taken on for a junior position such as messboy.
- Whitney says that Scott was very enthusiastic about joining the crew, "to be part of this expedition," he apparently wanted to be a part of the Starkweather-Moore Expedition in any minor way that he could, lacking he said, any skills that would have allowed him to join the Antarctic expedition itself.
- Scott is an extremely popular member of the crew, although moral aboard has been greatly boosted by the apparent capture of the saboteur, most members of the crew are shocked that it was Scott.
- After a little digging it appears that Scott may have been responsible for the origin of the dark rumours that have spread throughout the crew about Starkweather being a Jonah.

I'm not feeling so well at the moment, but I'll still try to get the game moving again this week. :)
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Whist the others are interviewing Scott, Callum will see what he can do to get the 'on board' lessons started again. Sort of getting back to normal again after the turmoil of the last few days :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll wait until tomorrow morning to post about the interogation. To give time for anyone to reply to Laraqua's post.
Ghost_1971 wrote:Whist the others are interviewing Scott, Callum will see what he can do to get the 'on board' lessons started again. Sort of getting back to normal again after the turmoil of the last few days :D
Ok, there's another day's worth of checking the holds to do first, but Callum will certainly be able to get the courses running again straight after that. :)

The Sorensen brothers (with the rest of the expedition) have almost finished checking the food out as well.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've sent a PM 'Newsletter' to everybody who's in either of my campaigns. If you haven't received it, then that means I've accidentally miss you out of the Masks and/or BtMoM players groups that I created a couple of days ago. Please let me know and I'll add you to the correct group.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

There seems to be a problem with the email notifications when a PM is sent to a 'group'

Some player are getting LOTS of email notifications, others are getting none (so far).

I've passed the problem onto Carnage Lee. As the newsletter's had a positive response I'll try to send them regularly, until the notification problem is fixed I'll send any future PMs 'manually' rather than using the groups.

So it hopefully won't happen again. I apologise if I've filled anyone's mailbox up. :roll:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ok, I think that the best way to handle the 'interrogation' is if Decrepit and Graves both make a short IC post like Mr Juan, and then for each of you to post in this OOC thread with a list of any questions or accusations that you'd like your character to put to Scott.

I'll wait for up to 24 hours from now to give you each the chance to post, once you've all posted your questions or when the 24 hours is up, I'll compose a narrative if the first part of the interrogation. I'll also make any necessary skill or attribute (sanity?) rolls for you.

Then I'll wait another 24 hours for you to each make a second set of IC/OOC posts so that you can let me know whether your characters are satisfied or not.

This method has worked so far for both combat and interviews in both my games, so hopefully we can play out the whole interrogation in 2-3 days max. :)
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

Well, I can tell you right off the bat that Isugtag isn't going to ask any questions.
If Scott refuses to answer a question, he'll get real close to him and look mean.
If he still refuses to answer, he'll start taking his vest off and undoing his cuffs as if he was ready to give him a beating.
If at any point, Scott gets up, Isugtag will "gently" (this is sarcastic by the way) sit him back down.

I'll hold off on the roughing up depending on how things go. Contrary to popular beliefs, Isugtag is actually ready to give Scott a beating if necessary.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Sorry it's taken me this long to get 'round to things. It's going to be a bit busy this week at work, which is inconsiderately cutting in to my gaming time.

Jack's opening question will be more of an observation: "You look awfully smug for someone in a mess of trouble." He will then recite a litany of Scott's crimes, which Jack for the purposes of this conversation will assume Scott is single-handedly responsible for. Jack will be looking for signs that Scott is uncomfortable taking the heat for one or more of the transgressions, attempting to see whether Scott has an accomplice. Jack will mention the dog poisoning, the damaged reefer, and of course the blasting caps. He's especially concerned to find out about any other sabotage that the expedition members have yet to uncover. If need be, Jack will remind Scott that they're at sea, a long way from anyone who might conceivably help him.

Jack is also curious as to motive, although he suspects that Scott may be just some sort of loon whose motives aren't worth trying to understand. Still, there's the whole Lexington expedition to consider, and Jack will try to be alert for any sort of sign that Scott is motivated by or connected with Miss Lexington.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry for the holdup with part 2 of the interrogation, I had a bit of minor car trouble tonight. :(

I'll still be getting it posted later tonight, in another few hours. :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll be posting again here this evening, Charles Graves is going to try to get online later today to avoid me having to make another npc post for him, if he can't manage then he's given me permission to continue running him as an npc.

(Both Graves and Steerpike can only normally get online at weekends at the moment)

I think it's still looking good to complete this in the next day or two, then I'll summarise your visit to Australia (hopefully without offending Laraqua), give you all a day or two to post about Melbourne yourselves, introduce Syrinx's new character, and then you're all heading South! :D
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Raiko wrote:Sorry for the holdup with part 2 of the interrogation, I had a bit of minor car trouble tonight. :(
Don't worry--it was suspenseful (in a good way).
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

Isugtag doesn't really have any questions to ask... He's only concern about the expedition members' safety; if Jack and Graves both conclude that Scott seems to have acted alone, and that there are no more threats (other acts of sabotage yet undetected).... then he'll be glad to call it a day.

For the rest of the interrogation, he'll act exactly like he did.
Altought the next hits will go to Scott's gut instead.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ok, I'll wait another 24 hours in case anyone wants to post again regarding Scott. After that I'll assume that Isugtag and Jack go along with Graves' idea, maybe after punching Scott once or twice more.

Well he does deserve a good pasting. :lol:

Return to “Previous Chapters”