In Character and Out of Character threads for completed
chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

I'm suspicious of that Lexington woman. A shame that we did not learn more about her. I think she's a cultist!
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Decrepit »

I have a feeling we'll come across her again ...
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Decrepit wrote: I have a feeling we'll come across her again ...

That's quite possible...

I'll be making a big post tonight. I'll wait till Jack has had chance to respond to Hanson if he wants to.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Do you want to role-play the last night out, or move on quickly to departure day?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'm good to go. There's not really many characters going for a fun, wacky adventure anyway. Kitt will just spend the whole time gushing over Doctor Greene and trying to keep Jack's morale up, which will verbally entail much the same thing, but with the good doctor there'll be body language hints too.

Shame about the time period, if this was Modern, I woulda had to pack something R-rated in her belongings to make sure the trip is fruitful! :lol:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ok I'll move straight onto the departure, with a quick account of the night out.

I'm going to be extremely busy for the next 24 hours or so, but should be able to post at a higher rate again after that. So I may not be able to write the next post until then.

One last thing, this really is the last chance to add any items to the equipment list, after my next IC post you will all be aboard the SS Gabrielle. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ok I'm doing some last minute stuff before we go, the departure will be on Sunday (real life), I'll have you aboard the ship tonight.

BTW: I've started the BtMoM wiki now, all the character lists, maps and handouts will be moved there very soon.

Once that's done the forum should look less cluttered with just IC & OOC threads, plus a single thread linking to key parts of the wiki. :)

Once I've posted about you boarding the boat, I'd like you all to post about entering your cabin/joining your cabinmates. Once everyone has posted it'll be time to go. :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I need to go out, but I'll have you aboard the Gabrielle in a post later today. Sorry for the delay, as usual I'm busier than expected. :oops:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hurray!!! It's taken me longer than I originally planned, but this time you really are going. Sorry about the cabin what/Maurice. Not to worry though, once a few of the 'more senior' expedition members are dead Maurice will be able to choose a better cabin. :lol:

For those characters who maintained their vigil over the warehouse, the night again passed without incident. A job well done though.

The wiki is coming along slowly. This page will shortly contain a photo of each and every expedition member. There are still one or two of you who haven't provided a photo of your character. Please could you send one now.

As I said I would like each of you to make one or tow posts about boarding the ship and settling into your cabin or walking around. I'll give you a day or two, then we depart (and you get those skill increases - yes Kitt as well :))

I plan to post about one or two days travel per real-life day once we leave port. I would like you all to try to make a daily post as well, so that I know that everyone is still here. There are some events that take place during the voyage, I'll make sure that regular posters get to be involved in these, so make sure you post so as not to miss out. There will also be 'classes' run on the voyage, giving 'free' skill increases to your characters, so make sure you post that you are joining in when the time comes. :D

Bon-voyage you land lubbers...

Oh yeah, there's sea-sickness rules as well :?
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Great. Jack gets to bunk with Dr. Hunky. :roll:

Well, at least this way I can keep an eye on him.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Decrepit wrote: Great. Jack gets to bunk with Dr. Hunky. :roll:

Well, at least this way I can keep an eye on him.

Made me laugh, I mean I put Jack and Clark together, because they seem like they'll be good friends...

...then GaryTheNerd vanishes, I replace Clark with Dr. Hunky, and you get stuck with him. :lol:
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

Just to say that I'm still following the game daily. I just haven't found the time to post anything constructive. Work is eating away my days like it's not even funny. Anyhow, I'll do my best to have something up (and coherent) tomorrow.
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Hi Raiko, do you still have the photo's I provided for James or do you want them again?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OrionUK wrote: Hi Raiko, do you still have the photo's I provided for James or do you want them again?

Yes I've still got James' photos thanks.
I'm hoping to put the rest of the Expeditions photos onto the wiki tonight.
I'll also sort out the skill increases.

There will be a lot of information appearing over the next few days of the schedule, training available, the layout of the ship, etc. I'll try to make good use of both the wiki and the forum to try not to overwhelm anyone with details.

The first leg of the journey (around Cuba and onto to Panama) will take about eight days.

There aren't any on board activities planned for the rest of the first day, just a big celebration.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

There'd better be some shuffleboard. I'm just sayin'.

On a more serious note, is Jack going to have access to the radio room for dispatching stories, or how's that going to work?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Decrepit wrote: There'd better be some shuffleboard. I'm just sayin'.

On a more serious note, is Jack going to have access to the radio room for dispatching stories, or how's that going to work?

Yes the ship's radio operator will wire your stories back to New York. You can ask at any time providing it doesn't interfere with the normal operation of the ship.

The radio room is on the boat deck, one level above the Main Deck. I never provided a plan of that deck, but I'll be rectifying that today. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll resume the story tomorrow, with the first day or so of sailing.

I've edited some of the deckplans now, I just need to tidy up and post the top two decks.

Your characters know the main deck and the cargo hold well already.

I edited the crew slightly after double checking the cabin spaces. The most noteable change was the removal of the Ship's Physician. He apparently isn't normally part of the ship's crew, but was added by the insurance brokers.

But with two expedition doctors aboard there hardly seems the need, also the authors forgot to allocate him a cabin.

I also removed one of the engine crew.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've updated the deckplan images now, the cutaway view is now labelled, and there are plans of the boat and bridge decks now. There is also a 'flying bridge' above the bridge that is not shown (ie an area open to the elements with a ship's wheel).

The deckplans forum also has a short summary of what is stored in each hold, for anyone who doesn't fancy memorising the manifest.

My next post will be to actually carry on the story, now that I'm happy there is enough detail about the Gabrielle.
:)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry for the delay, it's been one of those days again.

I'll make sure that I post tomorrow, unfortunately as I've got several things to reply to IC, and a long post to make I won't get chance tonight.

I'm also sorting through the experience/skill check stuff.

I've decided that while I'll use the CoC 'skill check system' as published I'll also give 'discretional awards' as well. Each player will recieve between 1 & 3 bonus increases for each experiance award section. There will be limitations in how you can use the increases though. For Chapters 1-3 everybody will get at least 2, some characters will get 3.

Hopefully I'll get full skill increase and bonus award lists done tomorrow.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi everyone,

I've not forgotten this game, my little boy was ill last night while I was half way through preparing the first few posts about the voyage. I'll hopefully have them finished tonight, but if not I'll email them to work and post at lunchtime tomorrow.

Once the voyage is progressing I'm confident of keeping the posts coming, it's just those first few that are tricky.

Return to “Previous Chapters”