In Character and Out of Character threads for completed
chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

The nasty receptionist doesn't look like she'll change her mind.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I shall post tonight with details of some of the days activities at the docks / ship
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry I've been really busy again, I should be able to post tonight, and thing will be a bit quieter at work next week.

We're hopefully still on track for a 'pre-Christmas' departure.

As I plan to move on quite quickly now, does anybody other than Jack and Kitt want to go to Commander Douglas' funeral?
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Raiko wrote: As I plan to move on quite quickly now, does anybody other than Jack and Kitt want to go to Commander Douglas' funeral?

AKA the Gerald and Philip Ambush Hour
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

Is such a thing possible without angering professor Moore? In that case I gladly go. Something is probably bound to happen.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

I think he actually wanted a few of us to go, didn't he?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Decrepit wrote: AKA the Gerald and Philip Ambush Hour

:lol::lol::lol:

:twisted:

I apologise again for my slowness, I'm hoping that this week won't be as busy at home or at work, so I try to move things along again. :oops:

'Normal service' will definitely be restored after Christmas, even it this week goes pear-shaped.

I should be posting here during my lunch break. Thanks for your patience. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’ll wait till late this evening now, to give a chance for people to start chatting to Jack and Kitt. If nobody posts I’ll continue onto the afternoon of the 7th when the loading of the aeroplanes and the fuel will begin. My next post should be in 11-12 hours, I’ll hold off if you start a discussion.

I plan to keep posting regularly and skimming over things unless an important event occurs. Unfortunately my busy weekend has probably put paid to a Christmas departure, but I’ll still try, and I aim for us to get away from New York before the end of the Christmas break in any case. :)

Cargo loading will continue around the clock now until departure, so the ‘warehouse crew’ are in for a sleepless night I’m afraid.

I’ve got an ‘almost complete’ full expedition cargo manifest somewhere that I’ll complete tonight and post with the ‘cargo lists.’

This new list will have everything that is being taken apart from your person items. Although the list may make for some dry reading, please have a look through, as anything that isn’t on the list or specifically in your personal gear will not be available.

BTW: Thank you everyone for being such great players for me, my experience of play-by-post on other forums meant that I was very pessimistic of this game making it to departure without recruiting a lot of fresh players; whereas now I’m very optimistic that we’ll see the whole campaign through. I love this campaign and it means a lot to me to be able to run it. The ‘slow part’ is almost over now. :D
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

OOC McRaven

Post by Steerpike »

McRaven will be busy with the arrival/loading of the expeditions aircraft. He will take his turn again with the warehouse watch, but will not attend the funeral. He assumes that at some point the gang will gather together and discuss all that they have discovered.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Jack will be performing the routine tasks asked of him until the day/time for the funeral or unless something comes up. He's more or less exhausted his leads until he can talk to (or try to talk to) Philip and Brackman. He'll read the police file when he can, copying down what he thinks might be useful later; he'll return the file to the police when the opportunity presents itself. He'll also report in to work and file the usual updates for the paper (of course leaving out any of his suspicions).
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Unfortunately my wife isn't very well again, so I'm only really getting to post from work at the moment.

I'm expecting the site to be quite slow until after Christmas anyway so hopefully I won't slow things down too much.

I'll cover the afternoon in my next post, as give Jack a chance to talk to the new captain and Starkweather.

Blackgoat: Sean can join Jack if you like, I'm sure Starkweather will want a few photos.

Once Jack and Sean have had a chance to chat to the Captain and Starkweather, I'll move onto events for the night (or the next morning if the night passes without event).

At the moment I know that Jack, Kitt and Professor Graves all plan to attend the funeral, I'm also assuming the Olof is going, as Moore certainly won't mind. One or two NPCs will attend as well.
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

I'd just like to every one a very merry christmas. Seasons greetings and I hope you all have a great time :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ghost_1971 wrote: I'd just like to every one a very merry christmas. Seasons greetings and I hope you all have a great time :D

Merry Christmas everyone. :D

I'm not sure whether I'll get to post properly until the 27th, but I'll try to put something up in case anyone is here.
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Hope everyone had a good Christmas & have a Happy New Year
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi everyone, I'm back (slightly later than planned). :)

I hope you've all been having a good Christmas.

I'll be posting before I go to bed.
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE! :D :D :D

Lets hope we can get this ship underway soon :roll: :wink: :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Happy New Year everyone! :D

I thought that I’d have posted more than I did during the Christmas break, but never mind I’m back at work now and I’ll resume daily posting.
Ghost_1971 wrote: Lets hope we can get this ship underway soon

Let’s hope so. :D

I’m going to move onto a summary of the remainder of the 7th now, and move onto the funeral on the 8th

At the moment the following PCs are attending:

Jack, Kitt, Professor Graves, Olof.

Chapter 2 has taken rather a long time to play, but I’m pleased as I’ve managed to include events that other online Keepers have skipped. I like the intrigue, and the fact that the New York mysteries / investigations raise more questions than they are likely to answer. :twisted:

The good news is that it’s doesn’t look like events from Chapter 3 will take place, so I should be starting “Chapter 4 – The Departure” as soon as the funeral is over with :)

I’ll probably renumber that chapter as Chapter 3, in order to save confusion.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

Raiko wrote: The good news is that it’s doesn’t look like events from Chapter 3 will take place, so I should be starting “Chapter 4 – The Departure” as soon as the funeral is over with :)

Did we do something right? :shock: Ah this plot is to much for me. I'm losing sanity!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Henrik wrote:
Raiko wrote: The good news is that it’s doesn’t look like events from Chapter 3 will take place, so I should be starting “Chapter 4 – The Departure” as soon as the funeral is over with :)

Did we do something right? :shock: Ah this plot is to much for me. I'm losing sanity!

You've done lots of things right. :P

Hopefully by the end of the campaign only your characters' sanity will have suffered! :lol:

Sorry I didn't get chance to go online last night, I had most of the post done, but couldn't post until now.

For anyone who isn't either attending the funeral, or keeping an eye out for sabotage, this morning is probably the last chance to escape Moore's watchful eyes before tomorrow's departure.
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

well i'm back.

Hope you all had a great time over xmas and did not overindulge...too much :D

hope to get back posting asap

cheers

Return to “Previous Chapters”