In Character and Out of Character threads for completed
chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

You don’t have a phone number, or address for Douglas’ brother at the moment; the scrap of paper that Isugtag found had only times on it, and the letter hadn’t been addressed.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've finished the course at work, so I'll be able to post during the day again now. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’m going to deal with the Purple Cup scene in my next post, and I assume that Jack hopes to get Phillip’s phone number and talk to him tonight.

Does anyone else have anything that they plan on doing tonight? I plan to advance the timeline to the morning of the 7th September on Sunday/Monday.

PS: Regarding what / Maurice, can everyone please check in future whether any other character is chatting to your character before posting, and acknowledge them if they are (I realise I’ve missed things as well :oops:).

There are a lot of players and important NPCs in this game and I realise this sometimes this means that you end up in several conversations at the same time.

But I’ve had a few OOC/PM moans from players that they think they are being ignored, and now Maurice (rather than what) feels ‘cold shouldered.’

If you intend for your character to ignore someone, then please post that they are doing (so that there can’t be any misunderstandings). Likewise if nobody specifically says that they are ignoring your character, please can everyone assume that the other player has just made a mistake, rather than sulking, or having your character sulk. :D
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

Just RPing Maurice, Boss. No complaints here, if he does nothing in town he'll definately be in on things once they start the long sea voyage, I'll wait patiently until then.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Jack talked to Maurice, didn't he? :? :)

Anyway, Jack was kind of focused on the Moore thing and, now that that's resolved somewhat, will probably be willing to be a bit more chummy. :D However, it's fair to say that Jack's also developed a fairly healthy (I think) skepticism vis a vis Starkweather, so anyone who owes his or her primary loyalty to SW is probably going to be kept at some distance, at least early on.

I guess this is kind of a silly question, but were 1920s/1930s telephone operators able to "look up" numbers? I don't even know whether Douglas's brother is in NYC, so it may be moot, but could you just say, "Operator, get me so-and-so"? I guess I need to watch some old movies!

I know enough to click the switch on the phone repeatedly if I get disconnected and to yell for the operator, anyway. :D
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

I don't think anyone has meant anyone any offence. With so many players and so many characters it's hard to keep track of everyone.
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Raiko wrote: please can everyone assume that the other player has just made a mistake, rather than sulking, or having your character sulk. :D

Seems like good RP just to let Maurice be, he feels apart from the english anyway. Later on they can all kiss and make up, for now let him sulk a bit. :wink:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Does anyone want to find out any more information tonight?

If not I’ll move things on in my next post.

BTW: OrionUK won’t be able to post until weekend, and has asked for James to resume cargo checking in the meantime.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

If anyone wishes to avoid going to the docks today, they will risk angering Moore, and possibly being kicked out of the expedition.

Anyone who doesn't attend the fitting will automatically be missed.

Anyone sneaking away later will need to make a luck roll to avoid being missed, but be warned I've (randomly) determined the maximum number of people who can 'sneak away.' If this number is exceeded, only the best luck rolls will count.

Moore intends to get back on schedule, and he's got all your names on his famous clipboard. :twisted:
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Maurice is there and accounted for, he will not jeopardize his family's welfare.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

I've mentioned Jack's wishes IC.

Raiko, just in case you wanted me to make a Fast Talk roll for Jack, here it is. (He succeeded, with an 18.)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Assuming that Kitt goes to the cops with Jack, that's two less of you that can be lucky. :P
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

:P
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll post here later today, at the moment I'm assuming that nobody is sneaking off.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

I'm staying.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Geez, I'm trusting the cops here, not trusting them in Masks. It's hard to keep it all straight ...
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

McRaven will stay with Nils and help keep an eye out on the warehouse. The trip to the bar was a bust, and this will help McRaven avoid the worst of the final loading and list checking.

He will keep his revolver with him...better to have it and not need it etc etc :lol:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Unfortunately the fittings for the cold weather gear will take so long that Jack and Kitt will probably arrive back at the docks before they are finished.

So I'm just going to post stuff to deal with Jack and Kitt while they are at the NYPD HQ and Blackman's office, then I'll deal with the Docks once you are all there.

The rest of you can chat in the queue if like. Everybody is queued up on the Gabrielle except Nils, Callum & McRaven. Those three will be joining the back of the queue once James & Gunnar have had their fittings done (the fittings aren't optional).

I'm hoping to wrap up the full day by Sunday/Monday.

Not long until departure now :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

:(

Sorry for the hold up, I'm busy with Christmas shopping and Christmas work deadlines.

This game will be my first priority tomorrow (Masks had to come first today, as they are in the middle of a combat).

I'm determined to reach the departure by Christmas at the latest.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Unfortunately a quick look through the police file in the taxi doesn’t reveal anything that you haven’t already been told. The autopsy report does however seem to corroborate the theory that Percival Lexington took his own life.

There were extensive powder burns to both his right hand and his chin, and there was no bruising to suggest that he was forced to take his own life.

Perhaps a longer read tonight will shed more light on the mystery.

Return to “Previous Chapters”