Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

Has Maurice been listed yet?
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Maurice is at the Hotel, I've just not had chance to put his character sheet up on the website yet. You can start playing whenever you like. :)

If you want the others to see your character sheet before I put it up, just post it here for now.
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Aw GDI that sounds like work...grumble...grumble...
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Name: Maurice Cole
Sex: Male
College, Degrees: None
Birthplace: Edmunston, New Brunswick, Canada

Yearly Income & Propriety

Appearance & Personality

Tough and dedicated, Maurice is a well muscled lad that has an uncanny ability of leaping out of the way of bigger men intent on squashing him and staying unseen when not wanted.

He has a natural affinity to animals and machinery sometimes preferring their company to that of human beings, who can be so complicated and hard to understand. He is a heavy smoker and occasional drinker with a love of gambling with dice.

Because of the double-crown in his hairline Maurice's great grandmother predicted he'd be the one Cole to see the world, so far so good.

Maurice will not stand being called a Canuck as it is the most heinous of insults to his people.

Background

Once an aspiring hockey player the depression set Maurice's plans to be a professional athlete on hold. With two younger brothers, a mother and a father with a war time injury that had kept him from the work force Maurice was forced to become a man far earlier than he should have.

Supporting his family has become his life. When work at the local paper mill dried up the young Frenchman was forced to take drastic measures to help his kin. When an expedition for a far off and cold voyage was advertised in the local paper Maurice purchased a ticket on the first train to Hogtown (Toronto) and from there all the way down to New York City. After several failed attempts to find a position through the proper channels Maurice snuck into Starkweather's room and hid there until the gentleman returned later that night.

When he emerged from behind the change screen the British nobleman threatened to have him locked in chains and sunk into the east river for his audacity, but after a few minutes of talking with Maurice and learning of his life and aspirations Starkweather decided to take the boy along, give him a low end job and a promise that if he worked hard his family would be taken care of.

Maurice is now fiercely loyal to the explorer by way of gratitude.

Characteristics

STR 12
CON 14
SIZ 13
DEX 14
APP 12
INT 18, 90 Idea
POW 16, 80 Luck/SAN
EDU 13, 65 Know

Sanity: 80
current Sanity: 80
phobias/mental disorders:

Hit Points: 14
current Hit Points: 14
Magic Points: 16
current Magic Points: 16
Damage Bonus: +1d4

Skills: (professional one in italics, .private preceded by a dot; non-base scores bolded)

Accounting (10%):
Aircraft Maintenance (05%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Block (DEX x2): 28%
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
.Dodge (DEX×2): 53%
Drive Auto (20%):
.Drive Dog Sled (20%): 35%
Electr. Repair (10%): 40%

Explosives (01%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%): 50%
Geology (01%):
.Hide (10%): 75%
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith 01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mech. Repair (20%): 40%
Medicine (05%):
Meterology (05%):
Natural History (10%): 40%
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
Opr. Hvy. Mch. (01%): 60%
.Other Language (01%): English 50%
Own Language (EDU×5%): French 65%

Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%): 30%
Pilot (01%):
.Polar Survival (01%): 25%
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Radio Operator (01%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%):
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%): 50%

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%): 55%
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):
Last edited by thewhatchamacallit on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Decrepit »

Time to "tackle" Moore? Might not be a better chance ...
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi, sorry for my very slow posting, things should start to get back to normal for me from tomorrow. It's just been one of them weeks.

To all the US players in my games, I hope you've been having a good Thanksgiving Day. :)
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

I hope no one objects to my confronting Moore. I know we've talked it about it some, but I thought the letter to Kitt would provide a good, legitimate reason to do it. And Jack has grown sort of fond of Kitt, and this sort of thing would probably rankle him.

Anyway, I hope I signaled what I was doing well enough in advance to "warn" everyone.

Feel free to chime in with questions for the good professor--not that he'll answer them, of course. :D Jack may be more ticked off than rational here, so he may "forget" to ask something pertinent.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Aww, Jack's fond of Kitt... A shame I'm playing Kitt now. I keep trying to do the gentle but firm thing Shadow did but I'm pretty sure she's coming off completely differently (such as meek, shy and submissive). Don't know if Jack'll like the sudden personality change.

Oh well, I never said I was good at taking over someone else's character. Blame Raiko, not me! It's not my fault! I swear. :oops:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Eh, I think you've got it about right, if the original version was the "right" one.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Hehe, well, there are two versions of Kitt. One in the character write-up, one in-game, but then, characters sometimes go in ways not originally intended so it's not surprising.

By the way, is there any name cooler than hers? Kitt Knight, isn't it? I like the name. Shadow, if ever you read this, thanks for a character with a great name!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

On the basis that this week has to be a better week, I'll be catching up on the posts a little later today.

I'll post here tonight or tomorrow morning, normal service will then be resumed. :)

Sorry for the hold up everyone, real life just gets in the way sometimes (not very often though if I can help it 8))
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

You have all read Moore's chat with James haven't you? James passed the information on to the rest of you later.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Raiko wrote: You have all read Moore's chat with James haven't you? James passed the information on to the rest of you later.

:oops:

Yeah, I guess I forgot about that, though I did read it at the time.

I'll see if I can come up with some, um, new questions ...
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

No problem, I did post a lot of info at the time, in two separate threads, and the server kept crashing / moving. :)

So I just thought I'd check whether you'd read it. I wasn't sure whether you still thought Moore was being evasive after that chat or not.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’m not ignoring Callum & McRaven, just waiting for a post for them. At the moment all the patrons at the Purple Cup are still staring at them suspiciously.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Man, that must be starting to get uncomfortable. :D
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Callum and McRaven are still waiting for the bar tender to answer McRavens question....
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ghost_1971 wrote: Callum and McRaven are still waiting for the bar tender to answer McRavens question....

Ahhh. :roll:

I really wish phpBB had a 'view new posts' button, instead of a 'view last post' - then that wouldn't happen.

Sorry I missed the last post on the previous IC page.
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

Raiko wrote:
Ghost_1971 wrote:Callum and McRaven are still waiting for the bar tender to answer McRavens question....

Ahhh. :roll:

I really wish phpBB had a 'view new posts' button, instead of a 'view last post' - then that wouldn't happen.

Sorry I missed the last post on the previous IC page.

:shock:
:lol:
And there was me thinking that the rain outside had washed away the sign of the purple cup to reveal a red herring instead. Was almost feeling out in the cold there. :wink:
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Hearing Moore explain it away cradles Sean's own fears of a deeper plot from him.

Just keep thinkin' that. :P

I'm kidding, of course. That's a perfectly rational reaction. Except for the fact that it's totally wrong!

Return to “Previous Chapters”