Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

IC: Starkweather Interviews and Press Conferences

Post by Raiko »

The Washington Room – Amherst Hotel, New York
09:00am, Sunday 3rd September 1933

Starkweather dashes over, offering his hand, as Jack steps into the Washington Room, “Excellent Jack, so glad you could make it!”

“Take a seat at the front, the others won’t be arriving for a few more minutes at least, and you must be bursting with questions.”

“I must say, I’m delighted to have acquired the services of Commander Douglas, a real coup for our expedition! Don’t you agree?”
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Decrepit »

"I'm still trying to take this in," Jack returns. "And I must say, sir," he continues, with a hint of exasperation, mostly supressed, "that if I'm to do my job properly--and remain in my editor's good graces--I'd would sincerely appreciate some warning about such headline-making events. After all, you did want me on this expedition, correct?

"About the matter at hand. Yes, I'd say it sounds like quite a coup. I have to wonder, though, what it was you said to the commander to lure him out of retirement. Was it a challenge, especially given that he'll be returning to ... well, to a place of some distress?"
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Decrepit »

"I'm still trying to take this in," Jack returns. "And I must say, sir," he continues, with a hint of exasperation, mostly supressed, "that if I'm to do my job properly--and remain in my editor's good graces--I'd would sincerely appreciate some warning about such headline-making events. After all, you did want me on this expedition, correct?

"About the matter at hand. Yes, I'd say it sounds like quite a coup. I have to wonder, though, what it was you said to the commander to lure him out of retirement. Was it a challenge, especially given that he'll be returning to ... well, to a place of some distress?"

Return to “Previous Chapters”