chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: OOC - Chapter Six - A Shock in the Lightest Night

Post by Raiko »

I’ve posted separate IC responses for each PC, or group of PCs. One big post for several different conversations was too much even for me. :shock:

I’m pretty sure that there is a post for each of you (in the rescue party), just scroll back through the last few posts to find the right one.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

Sorry for my delay. I'll be posting ASAP tomorrow.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

amarriner wrote:Sorry for my delay. I'll be posting ASAP tomorrow.
No problem, it's been a holiday weekend here, so I've not had chance myself.

I should also be posting tomorrow.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry Syrinx, I missed your post until I read Decrepit’s post and wondered what Jack was worried about.

I think you must have misinterpreted the other guy’s actions. Still it’s led to an interesting situation. :D

Once again, I've tried to reply to everbody individually. Just scroll back through the latest posts to find the relevant one.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’ll give everyone a chance to post before the two “leaders” show themselves. I’ll hold off for another 24 hours or so.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I’ve had a rather busy week again. I’ll probably be out all day tomorrow, but I think I should be able to post again either tonight or on Sunday if anyone’s awaiting a reply. :)

If anyone wants to intervene in the leaders’ argument, then you to make a suitable skill roll – preferably fast-talk or persuade, but I guess a grapple roll might work as well. :lol:
Failure means that you’re ignored.

If more than one person tries to intervene, then each successive investigator must also make a luck roll.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

If anyone else other than Olof and Jack wants to speak to the Lexington saboteurs, then post now please. I’ll assume that anyone who doesn’t post today ants their character to continue doing what they were before.

Miss Lexington will also head back into the hut in my next post, but now that Steerpike’s managed to split her and Starkweather up, I guess you can collar her whenever you like. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Syrinx: I hadn’t forgotten John, my post was just to move Starkweather out of the way really – in case anyone wants to talk to the ‘prisoners’ or to Acacia.

As for John:

Make the following rolls: 1 spot-hidden skill roll, 1 listen skill roll, 1 POWx5 roll.

It’ll take John 15 minutes or so to check out the perimeter for anyone who's already sneaking about out there. After that he can stay out there for as long as you like. If he stays on patrol then I’ll let you know when here starts to get bored (based on the POW roll). After all the mysterious Germans are probably not within a 1000 miles.

Note: John's chances of noticing intruders will be better before he gets bored.

Charles Graves, OrionUK (and Miss Scarlet if she returns).

Starkweather, Pulaski and possibly McRaven will be on the radio back to the SME Base Camp in my next post – I’ll also be making a “what’s been happening back home” post at the same time.

Sorry for the delay for you guys, you can have your characters be near the radio or doing other things at the base camp when Pulaski makes contact. The SME Base Camp will then “stay active.”
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Lots of separate replies finally! I think I’ve posted something for everyone, I’m going to double check now.

There’s even a post for Prof Graves and James back at the Base Camp. If they post a response then I’ll go into more detail about whats happening there – otherwise I won’t post for the Base Camp again until the rescue party return.
Charles Graves
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charles Graves »

I'm enjoying following what's happening at the Lexington camp. No need to post in too great detail what's happening back at the Starkweather-Moore camp Raiko as I suspect the important stuff is happening over there.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Thanks. I that case, unless Orion asks for more detail, I'll stick with posting about events at the Lexington camp for the time being.

Does anyone other than Ghost want to interact with the NPCs near them? If not then I’ll get on with the radio conversation.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

Sorry for not posting. There are no excuse! When the shoggoths come I will be the first eaten :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Henrik wrote:Sorry for not posting. There are no excuse! When the shoggoths come I will be the first eaten :)
But not the last. :twisted:

Syrinx: Sorry, I’ve nothing new to post for John at the moment. I’ll let you know if & when he spots something. I’ll also let you know if he’s getting bored, and what difference that will make.

Anyone who wants to can make psychology or psychoanalysis rolls to assess the truth of what they’re hearing.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

John has the company of his bottle and the demons of the past. He´ll manage...For a while more.

(I´ve got no problem with holding my breath till there´s something on the plate. I´ll kill some PC´s, sorry, time in my own game!)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Sorry I've been "out," sorta. I haven't been following along much or posting, anyway, for at least a week. Looks like the questioning went pretty much OK without Jack--these guys seem like they've got nothing to hide, given all the self-incrimination they're laying on. I'll try to be better.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I think that we’re more or less done with this part of the story now.

If nobody has anything that they’d like to add to the IC thread, then I propose to wrap up this chapter with a long narrative post tonight or tomorrow. Sticking to the plot as written, two of the NPCs (Greene and Pulaski) will stick around at the Lexington camp overnight to help finish tidying up. Starkweather will return to the SME Base Camp.

If one or two of you would like your own characters to remain here overnight, then that’s ok. (Although I do unfortunately need at least a couple of you to make sure that old Starkers makes it home safely).

Steerpike/McRaven has actually hijacked the plot slightly with his gunshots, as Starkweather and Acacia were supposed to remain locked in their argument for ages, until Starkweather stormed off back to his own camp.

As the Lexington expedition, with no power and no ground radios, is finished without outside assistance, Moore and Acacia negotiate an uneasy alliance over the radio. This should have been done while the rescue party made it’s way back to the SME Base Camp, but thanks to McRaven’s “trigger-happy diplomacy” Moore makes the first moves before Starkweather departs – speaking to Acacia as soon as he’s finished trying to calm down Starkweather.

The personnel and equipment of the Lexington Expedition will be transferred to the SME camp as soon as the low-cloud clears. The two “saboteurs” return to the SS Tallahassee.

The finer details will be worked out overnight by Lexington and Moore, the first personnel will switch camps the following morning at the same time as any NPCs and PCs who choose to stay behind and help.

I’ll provide a more narrative description of the above as soon as I know whether you’re all finished here, and whether anyone wants to stay at the Lexington Camp overnight.

Assuming that you’re ready, then we shall begin Chapter 7 “At the Mountains” in a day or two. So you will finally get to travel to the site of the Lake Camp at the foot of the mighty Miskatonic Mountains.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Damn those PCs and their crazy initiative taking! :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Thanks for the link to the article, Raiko!

Isugtag will head back with Starkweather.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Decrepit wrote:Damn those PCs and their crazy initiative taking! :)
:lol:
There's been quite a few points of this campaign where it assumes that the players will passively allow things to happen.
I look forward to you guys finding the next one. :mrgreen:

Return to “Previous Chapters”