chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: OOC - Chapter Six - A Shock in the Lightest Night

Post by Raiko »

I didn’t get chance to post this lunchtime, so the start of Chapter 7 will be delayed by a day. This has been my first non-posting day (IC) on these forums for a couple of weeks, so I’m confident that I’ll be making the necessary posts tomorrow.

It doesn’t look like anyone’s planning to remain at the Lexington Camp with Greene and Pulaski, so I’ll write up the big post under the assumption that your characters all return to the SME base camp.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That was my final post of Chapter 6, unless any of your characters questions Moore, or another NPC. I'm currently compiling the first post of Chapter 7, I hope to have it posted later today.

Callum's overland expedition to setup a fuel cache half way to the site of Professor Lake's Camp will be departing in the morning.

They will be away for four days in all. I think that a few of you had volunteered to join that expediton prior to the mayday call from the Lexington Camp (I'm looking it up who was going before I post). These four days will actually all be covered by my next post, and no mishaps occur, so no-one will be out of the game for any length of time.

I've just mentioned the fuel-cache expedition so that you can take it into account if you post again in this chapter (as your already tired explorer might be having an early start tomorrow, on a 500 mile round trip by dog-sled). I'm pretty sure that Pulaski was one of Callum's team, he'll be replaced by another NPC, as he's still at the Lexington camp.

My first post of Chapter 7 will begin when the flights to Lake’s Camp are being loaded, ready for departure. I’ll be fast forwarding to Sunday 27th November, when the cloud cover finally clears enough to allow air operations to begin.

Both Boeings will be used, and all the player characters will be part of the journey. I initially planned to only have those who hadn’t read “At the Mountains of Madness” join the first party to check out Lake’s Camp, but I think there’s now only three players in the game who haven’t read it, so you can all go. :twisted:
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

Isugtag would be interested in helping Callum, I think. Like you said, it'd be tiring, but he seems like the type who'd like a good dog-sled trip. :) That okay with everyone?
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I had to change the overland fuel caching expedition to “NPC only” as written, because the travel times involved are much longer than I thought (10-12 day round trip).

Any PCs that went would miss out on the first few days at Lake’s Camp – and I really don’t want that.

I didn’t have time to complete the transition to Chapter 7 last night, so I’ve posted the completed part.

The rest is almost done, so Chapter 7 will hopefully begin later today.

Return to “Previous Chapters”