Re: OOC - Chapter Five - Onto The Ice

Post by Henrik »

Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Henrik »

I'll just have to say that this scene has been intense and very amusing. The risk of being crushed to a pulp has made this very exciting! Good Job, Keeper! :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Henrik wrote:I'll just have to say that this scene has been intense and very amusing. The risk of being crushed to a pulp has made this very exciting! Good Job, Keeper! :D
Thank you. :)

Only Olof slipped, so the combined STR(41) of three holding the net actually overcomes the SIZ30 engine automatically - which is lucky given how high Syrinx rolled on the test. :)

Congratulations, you appear to have saved the SS Gabrielle :D - sadly at the cost of Sean and Cotter's lives :cry:.

I'll let you each post once more to celebrate your victory, then I'll describe the full extent of the damage - which you haven't had a chance to look at properly yet.

BTW: It still stinks of kerosene down there, so no celebratory cigars please! ;)

Everyone Else: The remainder of this storm scene should be over with in another day or two. Thanks for your patience.

This was the third expedition ending/TPK section of the adventure and you've got through it. (The first was Lawrence trying to assassinate Starkweather, your actions in New York avoided the second entirely).
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Can we save our victory celebrations for after the expedition?? :lol:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ghost_1971 wrote:Poor Henning must have been cursed or something, what with being injured in the sabotage of the fridges, and now this.....
Don't mourn Henning, he's right beside you! ;)

It was Cotter who died with Sean.

Sorry for the quiet weekend.

Everybody's back together now, so you can all post again.

Unfortunately the storm doesn’t look like it's going to go away just yet, but at least none of you are suffering from seasickness anymore. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll be posting again in this game either tonight, or in the morning. I've waited to give anyone who wants to post again during the storm a chance to do so.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry it took me a while to post.

Note: It was possible to detect the damaged cleats while you were searching the holds, but the damage was subtle enough and well concealed enough to make it very difficult.

The adventure assumes that one plane is wrecked, and obviously the cargo hold scene is very good, but I was prepared to go with all three Boeings if you'd found the damage.

Mister Juan: If you read this and you're still playing please post something within the next 24 hours. I've allowed you to post irregularly and for Isugtag to be the 'strong quiet type' throughout the adventure so far, but you let me down a bit with the cargo hold scene, and you've got an unread PM from me as well.

If you don't reply within 24 hours, then I'll have to assume that you've dropped out. :(

Isugtag should be one of the hardest hit by the tragedy, as Sean was his and Callum's cabin-mate.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Syrinx wrote:...and retreats to his (shared?) stateroom...
Oops! I forgot to up date the deckplans thread when you joined us.

John sleeps in Cabin 15, with the Sorensen brothers - he replaced Sykes who was injured in an accident in Melbourne.

If you prefer, then he could move to take Sean's place in cabin 18 with Callum and Isugtag.

BTW: Time's up for Mr Juan (and also Blackgoat who I PM'd), I've offered Isugtag to the new player Greene (that name could get confusing in here - no fighting Decrepit ;)). I've also offered first refusal to another established player, which he's accepted - so one way or another Isugtag will have a new player on Monday.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

I'll behave.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I had the next post saved on my flash drive, but I left it at work yesterday :oops: and didn't have time to rewrite it last night.

I should have chance later tonight. :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´ll let John stay with the Sorenson brothers. I assume they join him by the card table...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I've really slowed down after all the excitement of the storm/cargo hold scene. I don't expect to be too busy this week, so I should be able to keep things moving quickly again. My next post will take you into the Antarctic Circle for the first time, so you're almost there now!

The good news is that my flash-drive was still safely plugged into my work's PC (I was very worried that I'd dropped it in the car park), it's got far too much valuable information from both my campaigns to loose.

Time to back things up I think. :oops:

I'll post at lunchtime, and I promise a post a day at least this week.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

New forum member Greene has agreed to take over running Isugtag. He'll hopefully be posting as soon as he's up to speed. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll wait until Saturday at least to see who wants to volunteer. I'll post any responses to questions that you ask Starkweather, Moore, Turlow, etc in the meantime.

After Saturday I'll move on as soon as we seem to have enough volunteers.

Please make sure that you're able to post every weekday if want to go (weekend posts are nice, but not necessary). I want to move through this scene quickly, as with the storm scene.

The trapped ship's decks are covered with ice, and you'll need to climb up as well. As with the storm scene you'll likely need either good DEX/Climb or a good Luck stat to make up for it.

I'm assuming the following:

1) Isugtag is going, Greene (the player) hasn't got back to me yet (I PMed him a couple of days ago), but if he doesn't return for some reason then I had another person ready to play Isugtag anyway.

2) One doctor should go, in case there are survivors; if Professor Graves doesn't volunteer, then it will be Greene (the character).

3) Since Sean died, I guess Jack is the official expedition photographer now, so expedition photographic equipment is available if he doesn't have his own camera with him.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Greene never got back to me. :rolls:

Amariner has kindly offered to run Isugtag instead, he’s been reading along with the game, so hopefully it shouldn’t take too long for him to get into playing Isugtag.

I’ll post in the IC thread later today.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Hi all. Thanks for having me in the campaign! I'm looking forward to it. I should be able to get my first IC post up within an hour or so.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome, Amarriner!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Welcome to the adventure Amarriner 8-)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll wait for up to 24 hours to give you chance to post during the journey across to the Wallaroo if you want. I'm sure John knows a few suitable songs. ;)

After that I'll decribe things from close up, and you can try to get on-board.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Thanks for the welcome! As I said, I'm very glad to be a part of this campaign. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.

Return to “Previous Chapters”