Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: OOC - Chapter Five - Onto The Ice

Post by Dave Syrinx »

SPOT CHECK (1d100=5)

Here we go spotting!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years

Post by OrionUK »

1d100-> [51] = (51)

Spot

Spot (1d100=51)

Think James might have a drop of salt water in his eyes :(
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Spot check (1d100=53)

:(

Sorry Sean

Do you need another set of rolls to keep moving forwards Raiko?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ghost_1971 wrote:Do you need another set of rolls to keep moving forwards Raiko?
Not until tomorrow at least, we'll resolve exactly what happened to Sean and Cotter first.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry Blackgoat, but you knew the rules when you volunteered for this part, and you've been online during the weekend. I don't want to get a reputation as a soft Keeper, that would never do. :twisted:

Ok I now need another set of rolls (STR, DEX, Climb and Luck) from all of you, as you make your way to the second hatch.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Heres James rolls:-

Die roll for [MoM] James
1d100-> [64] = (64) - STR
1d100-> [62] = (62) - DEX
1d100-> [89] = (89) - Climb (DOH)
1d100-> [17] = (17) - Luck

STR, DEX, Climb & Luck

STR, DEX, Climb & Luck (1d100=64, 1d100=62, 1d100=89, 1d100=17)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've PM'd Henrik as he's forgot his rolls again.

I'll continue as soon as I see his post. :)

Here's the 'marching order' of the new single team as you make your way to the second access hatch:

Code: Select all

Callum
       ||
      John
       ||
      Olof
       ||
     Henning
       ||
      James
       ||
   Starkweather

Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Henrik »

Here are my rolls.

Strength, Dexterity, Luck, Climb (1d100=23, 1d100=89, 1d100=32, 1d100=17)

I probably pass all of them except dexterity.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Abating the threat is a difficult and dangerous job. The two engines each weigh nearly eight hundred pounds and are solid steel. Anyone caught by one in its mad rush across the hold will be crushed horribly. Nevertheless, that is what must be done; the motors must be trapped, immobilized, and secured against the pitch of the ship. Otherwise eventually a spark will inevitably start a fire that will likely sink the ship.

The #2 tween-deck hold is a single 50 x 35 foot room, 12 feet high, dominated by the Boeing’s fuselage in its centre. The two engines shift at roughly the same time, approximately every five combat rounds.

One person can climb down the ladder each round.

Anyone entering the hold will need to successfully avoid getting in the path of the careening engines every time they move.

Each engine counts as SIZ 30, which must be overcome somehow in order to trap it.

Fortunately, there is plenty of rope in the compartment, hung in coils from various cleats and pins on the bulkhead. Cargo nets and D-rings can be found as well. Successful throw skill rolls will allow you to lasso one of the engines.

I'll give you one real-life day to stay above the hatch planning what to do if you like, after that each extra real-life day that passes while you talk will require a new set of STR,DEX,Climb & Luck Rolls while the storm continues to rage around you.

If & when you start descending into the hold, those still on deck must make their saves against the storm at the same time as the engines roll down below.

Unless you decide otherwise, I'll assume that you descend into the hold in the same order that you crossed the deck (ie Callum first, Starkweather last).

Don't make any dice rolls yet.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Y'know, I'm really sorry I'm missing getting squished. :shock:
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I assume John got his gears for climbing, hammer and spikes and such. Giving the nature of the task. I´ll post IC according to that assumption.
TVblog

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Syrinx wrote:I assume John got his gears for climbing, hammer and spikes and such. Giving the nature of the task. I´ll post IC according to that assumption.
I find it best to 'go with the flow' as far as gear is concerned with play-by-post CoC (and with CoC in general I guess).

If you think that John brought an item, then he did so long as it doesn't contradict an earlier post, no need to ask permission. :)

BTW: I'll wait until tonight or tomorrow lunchtime for the other two to post (depending whether I get time to post tonight or not). After that I'll assume that Callum and John lead the way down into the hold.

Nice suggestion about sitting the storm out in the hold btw, I was going to have Starkers suggest that later if nobody else did.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Basic mountaineering; it´s not just to climb a mountain -you got to get down alive, as well. Here we just stay at the top cabin, drinking hot choko!

Fingers crossed...
TVblog

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OK:

This is the first set of dice rolls that I need, for the ship's violent motions:

Starkweather:
Passed a DEX roll on deck, so he's ok.

James:
I need a successful Climb check to keep hold of the ladder.
If that fails then make a luck roll to see if he's near the top or bottom of the ladder.
Unfortunately the 12 foot ladders down to the tween-deck holds don't have safety cages like the longer ladders in the lower-holds do.

Callum, John & Olof:
I need the following rolls: Luck, DEXx5, Dodge
If you fail the luck roll then one of the engines is heading for you.
If you fail the DEXx5 roll then you slip off your feet
If an engine is heading for you then the dodge roll is to avoid it.
If you failed the DEX roll then your dodge skill is halved.

If any of you three fancies being even more of a hero then, providing you aren't about to be hit and providing you're still on your feet, then you can make a DEXx2 roll to attempt to 'save' someone who would otherwise be hit. However if you do that, then you must also make another successful luck roll or dodge roll (your choice, but you can only roll one) to avoid being hit yourself. You must make that roll whether the DEXx2 passes or not.

So to summarise, for Callum, John and Olof:
Compulsory:
Luck
DEXx5
Dodge
Optional hero rolls:
DEXx2
Dodge or Luck

Henning:
Unfortunately the plucky messboy has failed his Luck, DEXx5 and Dodge rolls so he's about to be splatted. :cry:

BTW: Please don't post IC just yet, just post your dice rolls here.

If you decide to make the optional hero rolls, then don't nominate who you're saving, I'll determine it randomly from those in need.

I'll make a narrative IC post when all your dice rolls are up.

Taking a cargo net down from the hold wall takes a total of 6 'character rounds,' so 3 or more of you can do it in 2 rounds. Assuming nobody gets hit, you should have the first net down in one more round. So it will be ready next time the engines roll at you. Unfortunately your plan involves getting very close to the engines, which never really stop moving. So anyone holding the net (up to four of you) will have a 20% penalty to their luck roll next time. Once one engine is secured there will be a bonus to the luck rolls, as you'll only have one engine to avoid.
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Luck, DEXx5, Dodge (1d100=62, 1d100=55, 1d100=17)

[No optinal hero roll here, 'cos the dodge is really hard to make!.]
TVblog

Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Henrik »

I feel a bit heroic so here, let's save Henning:
Dex*2, Luck, Being heroic (1d100=24, 1d100=64)

I've got 26 in Dex*2 and I pass the Luck roll, so...

Return to “Previous Chapters”