chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Decrepit »

Only took 15 days to replace a video card. :shock:

Well, that and send me a replacement monitor that I didn't need.

Anyway, I should be back in business.

Jack will try to get the detective aside at some point before he (the detective) leaves, as Jack figures he might as well as Hanson as anyone.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Glad you're back Decrepit. :)

Ok, everyone's now free to leave the Rose Room, unless they want to approach or listen in to Jack and Det. Hansen.

I'm assuming that everyone who hasn't posted told him what they know about Douglas (ie nothing 8)), and that they were also in their room at midnight (the truth :)).

You all learned from general conversation during breakfast that Moore is currently on the fifth floor with Starkweather, rather than in his own room.

BTW: If anyone is interested, and haven't read the thread yet, I'm going to run Masks of Nyarlathotep as well ('cus I'm mad), the recruitment thread is here. :)
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

update

Post by Steerpike »

Waiting on Isugtag to post so we can plan our approach....

Would love to sign up for masks, but I'll have to pass as I have ran it on 3 occasions :wink:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Steerpike: I PM'd Mr Juan, but he's not been in touch yet. Carry on what you're doing and I'll look after Isugtag till Mr Juan gets back.
OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

BTW: If anyone is interested, and haven't read the thread yet, I'm going to run Masks of Nyarlathotep as well ('cus I'm mad), the recruitment thread is here.

You must be - hehe :lol: I dont know where you find the time!!

Yes James confirmed he was in his room. I have got a little lost with where we are up to for some reason? has James told anyone about his & Moores conversation? and is there still time for further investigations still?
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Is Olof with Jack and Hanson? It kinda looks like that from the post. He could certainly wander in, and I have no problem with that, but I was kind of imaginging that Jack and the detective were talking semi-privately. Maybe "semi" is right. :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've assumed that Olof 'butted in'. I did say that other characters could if they wanted, because Hansen and Jack were just stood in a 'quiet corner' rather than another room.

Sorry for the brief delay, I was snowed under by PM's and stuff for my new Masks game. Normal service will now be resumed.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OrionUK wrote: I have got a little lost with where we are up to for some reason? has James told anyone about his & Moores conversation? and is there still time for further investigations still?

Sorry I forgot to reply to this earlier.

James is in the Rose Room, together with all the other player characters except Graves, Callum, McRaven and Isugtag.

Jack and Olof are stood in one corner of the Rose Room talking to Detective Hansen.

We said that James had told everyone about his conversation with Moore.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Totally minor, but, Raiko, you might want to edit "Otto" to "Olof" in the IC thread. There are enough people running around, maybe.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Decrepit wrote: Totally minor, but, Raiko, you might want to edit "Otto" to "Olof" in the IC thread. There are enough people running around, maybe.

Oops different game, nevermind :roll:

Thanks.
BlackGoat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by BlackGoat »

been missing for a bit there, sorry. Had some personal things to attend to coupled with a taxing work week. I'll be easing back in and catching up on the events...sorry for the disappearance ^_^
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

Hey guys! Sorry for the disapperance... had a lot of work to get done ;)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

BlackGoat wrote: been missing for a bit there, sorry. Had some personal things to attend to coupled with a taxing work week. I'll be easing back in and catching up on the events...sorry for the disappearance ^_^

No problem, everybody seems to have been busy this week.

Sorry for holding things up, I'll post for Hansen, and for those at the docks a little later today. :)

I need Charles Graves and either Steerpike or Mr Juan to post before I can continue their stories.
Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Should Callum have been at the interview?? If so I must have missed the post saying when I should be going with Professor Graves.
Mister Juan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Juan »

Sorry guys! It's been crazy busy at work. I'm back.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Great to have you back :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ghost_1971 wrote: Should Callum have been at the interview?? If so I must have missed the post saying when I should be going with Professor Graves.

No problem, I posted it in my flood of posts around the first server downtime. By the time I’d remembered myself Callum had already headed to the docks, and Graves was planning on heading to the Police HQ, or library. I just PM’d Graves to remind him.

The important thing was that one of you decided to either bring along Greene, or just stick with one expedition doctor, and that’s been done now. :)

As Graves decided to make a quick post rather than play out the interview IC (I didn’t mind either way) he’ll just need to hold fire until the others at the hotel catch up IC, or all leave the hotel. Personally I think the Prof. just wanted to avoid the rain. :)

Graves: If you don’t want to wait for the others at the hotel to reach the same IC time as you, then you could have a change of heart and either head to the docks, or the library, or wherever.

BTW: I encourage you all to try and join in with the search for clues regarding the string of events that have occurred. Douglas’ murder, Lexington, Lawrence and his diary, the threatening letter, the ill fated 1930 expedition, the string of missing or murdered survivors of that expedition, the “sabotage” of the cargo lists, etc.

Although some of you will have to keep going to the ship to check the lists, it needn’t be the same people every time, and if just a few of you investigate clues the others will just sit waiting and waiting for the departure date – the various server downtimes have delayed the story so we could still be a couple of “real life months” from the Gabrielle’s departure.

McRaven & Isugtag:

This roll was for the lock, the other rolls for McRaven & Isugtag will have to remain secret:
McRaven(Spot Hidden 75%): [61]

As the lock isn’t complex I’ll allow McRaven to attempt to pick it using his Mechanical Repair skill, if he desires. He can also keep trying until he’s successful, but each extra attempt will take longer than the previous one, due to frustration.

Since you are obviously suspicious of room 21’s previous occupant, I can tell you that McRaven noticed that he signed the register A. Sothcott; not that it’s necessarily a real name, McRaven and Isugtag are only the latest in a string of Smith's & Jones'to sign in.
Charles Graves
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charles Graves »

Although he didn't want to go to Police HQ alone, Graves decides that he might as well use his time productively. He leans over to the cabbie and asks him to take him to there rather than the hotel.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

If Hanson seems reluctant to tell what he knows from his meeting with Starkweather and Moore, Jack will attempt to Fask Talk him (I think that's the more appropriate skill here, as opposed to Persuade, but whichever). Jack will stress the need for a free exchange of information if they're really going to get to the bottom of all of this.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry I've been quite busy over the last couple of days, I'll be catching up with all my games over the weekend.

So I'll try to post a few times, provided players posting.

Return to “Previous Chapters”